IGNORED

Who Wants A City Fan Site?

Guest Eddie Hitler

Guest Eddie Hitler

First, a bit of history:

Rob Fernandes ran his own fansite ages ago. It was excellent.

Then the Rivals network started, selecting the best existing fansite from each club. Unsurprisingly Rob's was selected.

Again it was excellent and remained excellent for ages.

But:

Rob has been looking for somebody to take over the website for the last two years and this last year work commitments mean he's struggling to keep it up to date. I doubt he'd just give it up or hand it over to somebody who'd make a mess of it but it is there for the taking.

Rivals is a linked-up network of all the club sites so you get loads of banter with other fans. I think you get some financial reward but according to Rob this is very small; if you still get any.

The downsides:

It is a fairly large time commitment.

For the last month the Rivals servers have been very slow and messageboard use (on the City and Rovers sites anyway) is much lower than usual.

Anyway, if anybody seriously wants to have their own website then e-mail Rob at:

rob@bristolcitynet.co.uk

Just off to tell him I've posted this! :D

Edit - website address

http://bristolcity.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=916

Guest Eddie Hitler

RG

I've posted that on the netcentre.

When I had that I found that in my desire to stop all pop-ups I'd turned off both my permamnent and per-session cookies. If you do that then you lose your logon as soon as you move off the logon screen and so can't post anything.

The old official forum used to flip as you get to the post screen, which you need to have logged in to get to, but when you press to post it checks your user details and finds you don't have any. Quack quack oops.

Turning per-session cookies back on got it working again.

Archived