IGNORED

Brooker and the two Johnsons

samo

Bit of a random post, but here goes...

Recently there has been a spate of posts suggesting a rift between our 'Number One' forward (Brooker) and GJ. It might or might not mean anything but I just found something which suggests they might have a stronger (or weaker, depending) bond than at first glance.

I was just on SkySports.co.uk and noticed that Lee Johnson's (very old) picture has him wearing a Watford shirt, as does Brooker's. It reminded me that GJ was at one time Academy Director at Watford and I did a bit of digging around.

It seems GJ was in that post from around 1995 to 1999, whilst Brooker's profile shows he made his only Watford appearences for the first team in the 99/00 season. Lee Johnson is meant to have begun his career at Arsenal and then have moved to Watford (no dates given), with SkySports.co.uk suggesting he left the Hornets in 2000.

Now this leads to the suggestion that Brooker grew up under GJs tutorage and alongside LJ, for a period at least, which might be a positive or a negative (considering Brooker left the club, albeit after GJ left).

For the record, David Noble also began his career at Arsenal, like LJ, and moved to Watford prior to his switch to West Ham. However, dates suggest he missed GJ and Brooker's time at the club, although might have known LJ there.

No real reason for the post, just thought people might be interested. :dunno:

I don't think there's a rift and GJ singled out Brooker, amongst others for special praise at Blackpool where Brooker looked 100% committed and 100% fit, so forget some of the other conspiracy theories floating around.GJ & Brooker are as frustrated as we are by his stop start season.

Let's hope that SB & ES stay fit and can play in tandem between now and the end of the season.

Let's hope that SB & ES stay fit and can play in tandem between now and the end of the season.

Amen.

It is only a shame we didn't pick up a left winger who could ping in the crosses for them. Saying that, Betsy looks like he wants to get to the byline and deliver, so maybe we've got a bit of promise there.

Archived