IGNORED

On The Road: New York To Wembley

x3widRacin

Best thread ive read in years, given me goose bumps and made me realise what special people we have on this forum.

Gary, welcome mate :clapping: , i bet its all like a dream to you right now.

You will enjoy tomorrow like no other day in your life ( just don't drink to much before the game :noexpression: ) and if we win i don't think you/me or anyone can imagine what the scenes are going to be like :yes: .

Have a great time in England mate and i hope you get a couple of days in Bristol. Cheers

Guest LondonRed

I was the big lad standing at the back on telly.... It was a pleasure to meet you tonight Gary, your story is an inspiration to us all! :winner_third_h4h:

Just to say saw you all last night on the Box, very proud moment for all. On my way approx 9:15 when the driver arrives ca of 5 in tandem with another of 3.

Problems on M4 near J14 hopefully sorted by the time we go through.

See you all there.

Still Believing

So If I'm taking a train in to Bristol whats my best bet?

Get a tube to Paddington (Circle line or Bakerloo) and then take a train from there to Bristol Temple Meads, there's one every half hour on weekdays and probably less on Sundays, it may be shown on the boards as going to Swansea or Weston Super Mare but Bristol Temple Meads will be listed on the route. When you get to Temple Meads take a bus or walk into the Centre, then get the 24 bus from the centre to Ashton/Bedminster. Or walk out of Temple Meads, turn left and when you reach the river turn right and follow it into Bedminster. Or take a taxi. Either way you'll be 'home'.

Let me know if this link doesn't work.

Anyway, I've already told a few people but now everyone will know :) When I returned to the states from Wembley, I was told pretty much straight away that I was being moved to a research lab just outside of Washington D.C. (from South Carolina) - I've just this weekend gotten to the point where I'm actually taking things out of the packing boxes they are in and settling down, one of the things I was able to do piecewise was upload a few of the photos to my thefacebook account. Here is the link:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...amp;id=12615665

If you have a facebook and are in any of those photos feel free to tag! I've only uploaded a few of the best, I think I ended up taking a few hundred pictures and at least an hour of video while on the trip so one of these days I'll actually go through all of it:) I did put them all on a DVD for myself though.

And yes, most people over here still have a hard time contemplating why I would "Randomly" wake up one day and decide to take a cross country bus ride to catch a last minute plane to London. But why not right? I mean, I really had to shake that "Never been to a live match" tag off my back eventually ;)

Thanks again to everyone that helped along the way, though I will say up front I'm not looking to repeat the journey next season. What a nerve-racking game, lets just go up automatically this season and remove all doubt!

Archived