IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

we want middle eastern food, we wanttttt middle eastern foooooooooood.

any excuse to improve the food at the gate,,,, get him in, bring a few cairoites to support the city and the food will change for the better.

its only a minor irritation if he turns out to be pants. get that man in for the food overhaul... yeahhhhhhhhhhh.

football and, no doubt about it, me.. gone completely raving bonkers, if not mad... mad is not as bad as bonkers.. is it? :noexpression:

:tumbleweed: get me outta this white room with no door or window.

Don't know about that, but must admit as soon as i saw them and heard them babbling (could not tell you what language) i put two and two together and hoped that they were family members of the Meteb clan. Hopefully Emad was inside the stadium somewhere tieing up the deal. Maybe i saw what i wanted to see, time will tell.

Wasn't his club playing tonight? If anyone could find thier starting line up it could blow this theroy out of the water!

Some web sites still say the fixture was tonight and others say July 20th.

I'm sure i read on here sometime today that he was injured and wouldn't play tonight.

But who knows

Yes reported bruising and was out of training (in Germany I believe) today.

says on ahly club website next game is

Sat, 19 Jul 08- 8:00PM

CAF Champions League

Group Stage

AHLY x Zamalek

As above, lots of dates given for this fixture, I will go with this date if on Official Site.

Hmm, maybe a fictious injury??????

What I thought this morning but no game tonight and expecting in training tomorrow.

I think the original July 12th (to Bristol) date that was branded around looks the most likely, also Al-Ahly friendly with Bayer Leverkusen (or however spelt) July 11th has been canceled but a new game with FC Kaiserslautern has been setup. So I'd say a good chance he will be flying from Frankfurt. :fingerscrossed:

Some quotes from a news paper in Egypt today.

Emad Meteb and asked to identify the corresponding material will get first before leaving the current camp in Germany where with the team heading to England to undergo a medical examination and take action terminate the deal.

Hadi Khashaba, said general coordinator of football that he was sending a formal letter to the English club Bristol to inform him of sending a visa to England player in Germany to fly from there to England immediately with a financial offer as well. Approval

Emad Meteb it had agreed to play with Bristol but stipulated that the identification of physical corresponding order to avoid what happened with the Russian club who tested it before then backed down because of poor financial return.

At the same time, Hadi Khashaba denied receiving any offers of a Saudi player Emad Meteb

Some quotes from a news paper in Egypt today.

Emad Meteb and asked to identify the corresponding material will get first before leaving the current camp in Germany where with the team heading to England to undergo a medical examination and take action terminate the deal.

Hadi Khashaba, said general coordinator of football that he was sending a formal letter to the English club Bristol to inform him of sending a visa to England player in Germany to fly from there to England immediately with a financial offer as well. Approval

Emad Meteb it had agreed to play with Bristol but stipulated that the identification of physical corresponding order to avoid what happened with the Russian club who tested it before then backed down because of poor financial return.

At the same time, Hadi Khashaba denied receiving any offers of a Saudi player Emad Meteb

:noexpression: I have got to stop reading those quotes - they make no sense to me at all :online2long:

:noexpression: I have got to stop reading those quotes - they make no sense to me at all :online2long:

Me too!! Lets hope this deal is concluded REALLY soon because, no offence to Chowie(thanks for the info and "translation"), but reading Arabic to English REALLY HURTS MY HEAD!!!!

Guest Danzinio

Maybe the press have been informed!! Come on someone get a text!! I need to do some work! But this aint going to happen!!

Is anyone aware where in Germany Ahli are having there pre season camp? There are 2 flights into Bristol International later this evening from Hamburg and Frankfurt along with a flight that landed earlier this morning from Hamburg.

Anyone know if Stanley Unwin is still alive?

Desperately needed to sort these translations out.

"Deep joy on the furgahold and all go fallop down the we-wee hole"

Dunno about that, but I am so excited I did a little wee in my pants

It would seem that Emad Meteb is on his way to UK if not already here for medical.

Al Ahly Official Site

That's great news, confirms what I've read and from the Offical site, just question of when?

Is anyone aware where in Germany Ahli are having there pre season camp? There are 2 flights into Bristol International later this evening from Hamburg and Frankfurt along with a flight that landed earlier this morning from Hamburg.

I know they should be near Frankfurt on Friday but I believe the only English Embassy is in Berlin.

That's great news, confirms what I've read and from the Offical site, just question of when?

I know they should be near Frankfurt on Friday but I believe the only English Embassy is in Berlin.

I am trying to find out when the article was published, it mentions hours on it and hopefully it was published yesterday.

Ok he is going fly in from Berlin is our guess. I wonder is Steve L is going to commision his private jet to pick him up and bring him in. Good way to show him that we mean business. Sooner he signs the better.

I am trying to find out when the article was published, it mentions hours on it and hopefully it was published yesterday.

Ok he is going fly in from Berlin is our guess. I wonder is Steve L is going to commision his private jet to pick him up and bring him in. Good way to show him that we mean business. Sooner he signs the better.

That was not up last night (approx my time 9pm, 2am UK time).

You have to love the Mirror. Do they know something that we don't?

Bottom Paragraph

Strange all of a sudden loads of rumours, and that's all they are, are appearing in the Mirror. Could it have something to do with all the publicity we had from their rival when we were in the Playoff's. I just got a horrible feeling they are building our hopes up to cruelly knock them down. :(

Guest chipmonk

let hope hes not seen pictures of the mem,with all the sand on the pitch

he might have second though.

WERE GETTING AN EGYPTIAN INTERNATIONAL

Just thinking of his first impressions when he gets here Re: Stadium, fanbase, training ground- does anyone have a link or know what Al Ahly's facilities / fans are like??

(just in case he plays in the African equivalent of Old Trafford....)

Just thinking of his first impressions when he gets here Re: Stadium, fanbase, training ground- does anyone have a link or know what Al Ahly's facilities / fans are like??

(just in case he plays in the African equivalent of Old Trafford....)

Ahli are a massive massive club in all Africa, they are the big club of Cairo and play in there national stadium. National Stadium of Egypt . I believe they play in the national stadium and are often sold out.

Guest bcfctimes

Easton Boy - Al-Ahly are Egypt's Man United....

This will be a fantastic signing if true. Looks ever likely now and I'll be waiting by me mac all day today.

Anyone see a Camel let us know!

Guest matty f

can anyone translate the article on the official site of al alhy (excuse spelling), as I'm at school and it blocks the translation of it!!

:surrender:

thanks

mf

oh C R A PPP!!!!

74k national stadium vs lickle ol' AG.

74k fans vs 19.5k(max)

Suppose it would be a bit like Ronaldo moving to us then....

anyway fingers crossed

I'm afraid 74k fans will be able to pay his wages. While recently in Sharm on holiday made some good friendships with Egytian's. These guys were in Sharm working but were all from Cairo. There weekly wage was about 100LE which is about 10GBP and they were well paid Egyptian's hence the relocation from Cairo. Egypt is a poor poor country in moneytry terms. Even Egyptian doctors were only earning around £50 a week.

Lots of people putting 2 and 2 together and making assumptions. Don't build yourselfs up for a fall lads.

I won't believe it until he on the OS with the scarf lofted above his head... :fingerscrossed:

can anyone translate the article on the official site of al alhy (excuse spelling), as I'm at school and it blocks the translation of it!!

thanks

mf

Said he has turned down the chance to join Bristol City...

thanks

mf

Here you got Matt

Approved Captain Hossam Al-Badri has allowed striker Emad Meteb team go to the English embassy in Germany for a visa to travel to England during the next few hours and immediately upon completion of the procedures for obtaining a visa to travel to England for medical tests English club Bristol City under the guidance of the Committee on the ball Club to allow the player to go into the experience of professionalism and respect for the desire to experience ..

And based on the principle that civil interest of standing in front of his children and come to agreement to allow medical tests tired playing club Bristol City a few days before the anticipated confrontation in front of Zamalek in the first round of matches Doralosmanih for the league championship round of African Champions League Tournament scheduled on July 20 being staged in Cairo Stadium. .

Moreover, the existing conditions of African where my family had left for only four places were vacant despite the fact that the existing left many great players such as Ahmed Reza Qenawi

Here you got Matt

Approved Captain Hossam Al-Badri has allowed striker Emad Meteb team go to the English embassy in Germany for a visa to travel to England during the next few hours and immediately upon completion of the procedures for obtaining a visa to travel to England for medical tests English club Bristol City under the guidance of the Committee on the ball Club to allow the player to go into the experience of professionalism and respect for the desire to experience ..

And based on the principle that civil interest of standing in front of his children and come to agreement to allow medical tests tired playing club Bristol City a few days before the anticipated confrontation in front of Zamalek in the first round of matches Doralosmanih for the league championship round of African Champions League Tournament scheduled on July 20 being staged in Cairo Stadium. .

Moreover, the existing conditions of African where my family had left for only four places were vacant despite the fact that the existing left many great players such as Ahmed Reza Qenawi

Now it's all become clear, :innocent06:

• Admin

thanks

mf

In short it says that Emad Meteb is going to the British Embassy in Germany to get a visa to enter our country so that he can attend a medical at Bristol City. Oh and it says he's tired a lot. Hope that he's not too knackered to pass it.

It reminds me of when John Atyeo signed in 1949 and arrived at Temple Meads for his first day of training to find a Taxi waiting for him; curtesy of Harry Dolman. The next day and for forever afterwards it was the bus.

In short it says that Emad Meteb is going to the British Embassy in Germany to get a visa to enter our country so that he can attend a medical at Bristol City. Oh and it says he's tired a lot. Hope that he's not too knackered to pass it.

I think the "tired" is a mistranslation of his name or of the word "player" or such like. If anyone's expecting this transfer to have been completed by close of play today then don't. My experience of embassies is that they are a bureaucratic nightmare so I expect he won't get his Visa there and then.

£1.5m wouldn't even dent the kitty available this summer. The same as last season and in January, the money is there if GJ fancies a player.

Quite.

I'm pretty sure we spent more than that last pre season and the situation now is very different, what with aspirations for the PL.

The more I look into this guy the more I'm impressed, things like this prove what a great catch Meteb could be for our club, no wonder he has took his time on making his decision (and agent hanging out for other deals) and we just hope he settles in and delivers the goals because like many of our players he's hungry for Premier League football. This is a big change for Meteb so I hope he feels welcome and soon becomes one of the lads who enjoys his football at Ashton Gate.

Ohh and it looks like (if visa is in hand) he could be touching down in Heathrow in about an hour. :fingerscrossed: Maybe off down the Apple with GJ and SL tonight to try some local brew...

I am of the same opinion as Chowie. Emad really does appear to be a class above anything we have seen for a long time at AG. I also agree that if he is as good as he appears, he is destined for the Prem, either with us or for a vast profit! If it turns out to be the latter then we still benefit!

I cannot see how we can lose on this (hopeful) deal!

Do you really think a true footballer would go for all that blue running track between him and the fans when instead he could smell all the sweat and the Cider coming off the fans twenty feet away when he scores at the East End?

Get yourself down here my Egyptian babby.

It would seem Emad is back in Cairo this evening in search of a visa to the UK following the rejection of the application in Berlin. :no: Hope this doesn't break the deal and just hope its more red tape.

Al Ahly Official Site

Doesnt make great sense but you get the jist of it.

Visa's = nightmare, I bet there was a good chance he did not have all the documents with him in Germany that were required by the Embassy.

It would seem Emad is back in Cairo this evening in search of a visa to the UK following the rejection of the application in Berlin. :no: Hope this doesn't break the deal and just hope its more red tape.

Al Ahly Official Site

Doesnt make great sense but you get the jist of it.

Can't see it breaking the deal. Probably harder to get a visa if you are not a German citizen. Would imagine he will get one fairly easy in Cairo. Would imagine that the office is shut now though so he won't be over till tomorrow I would imagine!

Saying that. It was posted that he would be in Cairo in afternoon so may still be on his way today!

And for what its worth, Cairo's also in Egypt, which happens to also be 2 hours in front of England...and what citys in England; Bristol!

Precocious prat! I think you could assume that from my post. Jeez!

Guest lyngilles
Can't see it breaking the deal. Probably harder to get a visa if you are not a German citizen. Would imagine he will get one fairly easy in Cairo. Would imagine that the office is shut now though so he won't be over till tomorrow I would imagine!

Saying that. It was posted that he would be in Cairo in afternoon so may still be on his way today!

German citizens don't need a visa to enter the UK

Precocious prat! I think you could assume that from my post. Jeez!

Why thank you, I had become fed up with people calling me immature for such acts of posting. But no, did you see that, he called me precocious!

I'm sorry, and would like to take this oppertunity to say that uwokeiup was the first person to point out the time differance...not only that; but to the point that he had pointed out the time differance, furthur to that, till that point I had no idea of the time differance; my whole post was taken from....no plagerised from the post 2 above it.

I thought using my experiance of 20 year of life, I could cleverly hide this fact whist posting, but it appears far from being precocious, I showed great immaturity here.

But yes I am a prat, and for that I am sorry

Why thank you, I had become fed up with people calling me immature for such acts of posting. But no, did you see that, he called me precocious!

I'm sorry, and would like to take this oppertunity to say that uwokeiup was the first person to point out the time differance...not only that; but to the point that he had pointed out the time differance, furthur to that, till that point I had no idea of the time differance; my whole post was taken from....no plagerised from the post 2 above it.

I thought using my experiance of 20 year of life, I could cleverly hide this fact whist posting, but it appears far from being precocious, I showed great immaturity here.

But yes I am a prat, and for that I am sorry

Pity your not blond, 22 , female and precocious :preacher:

anyone think we should look else where now?

seems this has been dragged on for ever and his club seem to be messing us around. we've waited all this time and he may come over and fail a medical, or just not like the look of it over here.

then we have wasted most of pre season chasing one player who we may not even get. and with tyson looking like the back up plan, maybe we should of looked else where earlier

seems this has been dragged on for ever and his club seem to be messing us around. we've waited all this time and he may come over and fail a medical, or just not like the look of it over here.

then we have wasted most of pre season chasing one player who we may not even get. and with tyson looking like the back up plan, maybe we should of looked else where earlier

Nope, we are nearly there now. If we give up now then we will have wasted all of pre season as you say for nothing. I don't think the transfer is taking as long as people. It seems like it is taking along time because it was made public by his agent from the very beginning we had made a bid.

Guest matty f
Nope, we are nearly there now. If we give up now then we will have wasted all of pre season as you say for nothing. I don't think the transfer is taking as long as people. It seems like it is taking along time because it was made public by his agent from the very beginning we had made a bid.

yep totally agree with that mate. just reckon his agent has mucked us about abit by putting all the so called "confidential" info on public display.

While wikipaedia is not renowned for 100% accuracy, I certainly hope the following is true:

"Emad Meteb today(8/7/08) arrived in Bristol for his medical to complete his transfer to England."

his wiki entry

Dan

Good old Wiki.

There is something on Ahli official site, we are waiting on a visa to be granted by the British Embassy in Cairo so currently not in the UK but shouldnt be to long all being well.

We have no idea where negotiations are, how likely we are to land him and what is / isnt going on behind the scenes.

Just hold on a bit longer, all will be revealed imminently

Archived