IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

Guest TINMAN26

Come on everyone be patient the man is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think, the GAS could only dream of signing a player of this ability!

The wait will be worth it!!!! :englandsmile4wf::city:

Guest The Pinamonte Experience
God looking at the crowd reaction he's going to find the polite applause from the few remaining fans in the Dolman when he scores in the 85th minute a bit tame!

FTG

But that commentary is abit tame compared to Radio Briz when Super-scotty is summarizing! :icecream:

:clapping: No wonder he is classed as the Egyptian David Beckham! Quality free kick!

Looks like a young Engelbert Humperdink on that one, haven't seen sideboards like that since the 70's. :w00t:

You can imagine him singing to the El Ahly chairman at this very moment:

:chant6ez:"Please release me, let me go..." :chant6ez:

Guest richie1

any one else read the soccer shorts in the daily mirror it said ipswich and bristol city both had deals on 1million turnt down ffor maynard but it went on to say city want to pair him with emad who they have signed for 1.5 million so according to them weve signed him not the best source i know but hey time will tell cant wait for saturday forrest green here i come and its my birthday HAPPY DAYS

Guest Ahmed

Hold your nerves guys because its almost everyday now that local papers say he is going to England to have medicals after Al-Ahly ACCEPTED Bristol's bid.

Hold your nerves guys because its almost everyday now that local papers say he is going to England to have medicals after Al-Ahly ACCEPTED Bristol's bid.

The difference this time Ahmed is that the news has come from Al Ahli's own official website. They confirm that he is back in Cairo chasing an entry Visa to complete his medical. Touch wood that goes without a hitch in the morning then we can get him to Bristol for the formalities.

Guys (and girls)

Without trying to put a damper on things, why oh why has he only played about 72 times for his club team. He is 25 years old........

Maybe there are only 6 teams in the league and so he only plays 10 league games a year so he's been at al ahly for over 6 seasons.. now that shows true loyalty. Bring him on. A testimonial player in the making :) :noexpression:

The boy can take a free kick.....

"Hidood 0-1 AHLY (Emad Meteb 38")"

From where I was watching that free kick seemed a lot further out than 38 inches, it may have been due to the time difference between here and Egypt?

Does anyone know the time difference between here and Egypt?

:whistle:

Guest churchill gaffer

Could we please start a new post on him?

If not please merge?

I'm a bit fed up with going through all the pages to find out any info on him!

The last I heard was he would be signing at the end of this week?

Give a day or day and a half, that is now?

The old site seems to have a lot of chit chat on it.

Anybody heard any more news?

It's getting worrying now as our pre season starts Saturday! And i'm getting a horrible feeling that we are not going to get anybody. And we start the season with no other players added? (Except Williams)

"Hidood 0-1 AHLY (Emad Meteb 38")"

From where I was watching that free kick seemed a lot further out than 38 inches, it may have been due to the time difference between here and Egypt?

Does anyone know the time difference between here and Egypt?

:whistle:

Wow the atmosphere is great and looks like a packed house, not like at Ashton Gate but hey better football at the Gate :)

Could we please start a new post on him?

If not please merge?

I'm a bit fed up with going through all the pages to find out any info on him!

The last I heard was he would be signing at the end of this week?

Give a day or day and a half, that is now?

The old site seems to have a lot of chit chat on it.

Anybody heard any more news?

It's getting worrying now as our pre season starts Saturday! And i'm getting a horrible feeling that we are not going to get anybody. And we start the season with no other players added? (Except Williams)

MERGE :icecream:

Well every day seems to be "The day" he is signing at the moment. From what I can gather, its still on the cards and looks to be going ahead - its just anyones guess when it will actually be announced that its all official though.

If some people are to be believed, then expect an announcement today. But I wont hold my breath as the day gets older.

I just hope this lad's worth the wait if we get him. My gut feeling says he won't but I'll judge him when I see him.

After making a comment about City putting all their eggs in one basket a few weeks ago, I'd hate to see this fall through now and go back to square one again.

Nothing new so I've merged.

I am sure if and when there is proper news that it will merit a thread of it's own, maybe Tom can arrange some flashing lights, streamers, fireworks or something!!! :dancing6:

Surely everything points to this deal being concluded in the next couple of days.

No chance of him playing at Forest Green, of course, but I'd be surprised if he isn't with the party that leaves for the Algarve.

A watched kettle never boils but this one is bubbling furiously towards it's conclusion, and we should all be raising our tea cups to Emad in the very near future. :city::)

Guest matty f
Surely everything points to this deal being concluded in the next couple of days.

No chance of him playing at Forest Green, of course, but I'd be surprised if he isn't with the party that leaves for the Algarve.

A watched kettle never boils but this one is bubbling furiously towards it's conclusion, and we should all be raising our tea cups to Emad in the very near future. :city::)

yep i would agree with that. i like the analogy to a kettle boiling!! the water remained stagnant for a time but is now almost ready to be poured!!!

EMAD!! :chant6ez:

Does anyone actually know if he speaks english ?

I really hope he does not arrive in the UK today.

If he is use to the hot sunny weather I suspect he would take one look at the weather and jump back on the plane again to somewhere hotter.

Guest matty f

If he is use to the hot sunny weather I suspect he would take one look at the weather and jump back on the plane again to somewhere hotter.

very true but then you must remember that being so close to sand (the sags pitch) will appeal to him!!

:innocent06:

Guest matty f
There is some guy on Meteb's fans forum saying Emad is now officaly a Bristol City player.

Says the source is from Khaled Jabr who is with Al-Ahly in Germany.

have you got a link available?

exciting times!!!

:fingerscrossed:

I am sure that isnt quiet accurate, when it is annouced the official site will be updated and that other player quoted is jumping the gun slightly at the moment. I know GJ and SL wont give any information on transfers, but I reckon there are a lot of people who would really like an update on this!

Hopefully if the translations carried out on here are correct, he will be trying to get his visa and get over here today or in the next couple of days. Also, fingers crossed it dries up a bit as someone else said, otherwise he will be pretty miserable sat with GJ driving down from the airport looking at the grey skies.

Guest 21. Marcham
dear god I hope he signs soon so we don't have to read anything like that again!

Agreed. Starting to get abit nervous seeing as the deal is taking a long time.

Trundle needs a good stike partner for next season :fingerscrossed:

Yeah but if we wait for a nice sunny day it could be a few years before we sign him! :(

Guest bernie from barrow gurney
dear god I hope he signs soon so we don't have to read anything like that again!

me too. Can't wait until this "Giza" signs for us. Let's hope we can prize him away from his "mummy".

What does anyone else sphinx?

Nile get my coat....

Guest bethnalgreenred

I know I know.. endless posts on this fella without much progress known

Apologies if this has been up before, was taking a look at a few news reports from past about Meteb...

Remember seeing posts saying he was tired etc.. understandable as it's end of season i suppose, but he also missed other matches too (see below report).. lets hope he can stand the demanding fitness of the championship, may take a few (if not more) games at start of season like most foreign players).. if/when etc..

Sunday, 13 April 2008

Al-Ahly continued preparations for the Ismaily clash on Thursday in week 24 of the Egyptian Premier League.

The daily training session focused on fitness, and included light jogging and some ball games. For the second day running, Meteb missed training along with Boja. Meteb is suffering from general fatigue, while Anis Bojelban is on a short break in his homeland, Tunisia.

Guest lou-peters-dive
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38148627

bloke on here at the bottom (alalhy) stating that he has not left egypt yet and should arrive in england tomorrow

PS: could this be our adminstator friend who has keeping us informed of developments?

As in free beer tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes! :disapointed2se:

Am I the only one wondering whether Emad will have any trouble adapting to english football?

I have seen quite a few of his goals on u tube, and the marking seemed non-existent on alot of cases.

Surely the difference between our league and the Egyptian league must be immense.

Am I the only one wondering whether Emad will have any trouble adapting to english football?

I have seen quite a few of his goals on u tube, and the marking seemed non-existent on alot of cases.

Surely the difference between our league and the Egyptian league must be immense.

Well, his team have regularly played in the World club championship and done ok and Egypt have won the African Nations cup several times so their league is a cut above the championship I would have thought.

Lets hope so Cynic, lets hope so..

Guest Ahmed

If Al-Ahly played in the championship, I reckon they will finish top ten their first season. Egyptian league might not be famous but its the best in Africa. Moreover, for those who are saying Emad might not be able to adjust to the high-fitness requirement of English football let me say that Al-Ahly players play in 4 or 5 competitions per season. That is

- The league

- The cup

- The African chapionship

- The national team competitions

- World Club Championship

So the reports on fatigue are flawed without knowing how hard it is for the players to cope with all those especially if the manager has a habit of not rotating frequently.

It was the best I could think up...I was driving, and then it hit me; I thought I MUST to share this with the world.

You can use it if you want

If Al-Ahly played in the championship, I reckon they will finish top ten their first season. Egyptian league might not be famous but its the best in Africa. Moreover, for those who are saying Emad might not be able to adjust to the high-fitness requirement of English football let me say that Al-Ahly players play in 4 or 5 competitions per season. That is

- The league

- The cup

So the reports on fatigue are flawed without knowing how hard it is for the players to cope with all those especially if the manager has a habit of not rotating frequently.

Ahmad, you obviously know alot about this area. I wonder if you think that Emad would just see BCFC as a stepping stone to the prem?

If he does perform really well, can we expect him to be a one season wonder with us, and then see him leave - albeit giving us a potential big transfer fee?

- The league

- The cup

Don't get the wrong impression - most of us are very excited about the prospect of Emad joining our club, and hope that he not only scores lots of goals for us, but also enjoys his time living and playing football here in Bristol.

Just read an article that basically states the following, won't post the translation (as it seems to do peoples nut in)

As reports before looks like it's 750k on signing and 750k in January, done deal.

In Egypt sorting the visa and he expects to have the visa tomorrow.

Gary Johnson set a deadline for the transfer to complete. That deadline was today but he has agreed to extend it.

Looks like we could be back to the original date of July 12th then. Maybe thats when it's announced. If he arrives tomorrow, I can't see the medical being tomorrow, which means that will take place on Friday so by the time the club sort out press releases etc. it will be announced on Saturday.

MM

Guest DanC
There is some guy on Meteb's fans forum saying Emad is now officaly a Bristol City player.

Says the source is from Khaled Jabr who is with Al-Ahly in Germany.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, Possibly just waiting for a work permit until they announce it?

I think..we've provided he passes his medical..got our man.

Now as soon as the official texts come through in the next few days...we can start slgging him off properly! Can't wait.

I think..we've provided he passes his medical..got our man.

Now as soon as the official texts come through in the next few days...we can start slgging him off properly! Can't wait.

All the indications are that he's coming here but there are still quite a few administrative hurdles (work permit, international clearance) that could throw a spanner in the works. I suspect it will be Friday at the earliest and more likely next week before anything is finalized.

I hope that we have at least two other irons in the fire for strikers but it seems from the reported interest in Tyson and Maynard that this is the case.

Two of the three (Meteab, Tyson, Maynard) a quality central midfielder replacing Carle to compete with LJ and a left back and I'll be delighted with our close season. A fair way to go yet but there haven't yet been many impressive signings made in the Championship.

All the indications are that he's coming here but there are still quite a few administrative hurdles (work permit, international clearance) that could throw a spanner in the works. I suspect it will be Friday at the earliest and more likely next week before anything is finalized.

I hope that we have at least two other irons in the fire for strikers but it seems from the reported interest in Tyson and Maynard that this is the case.

Two of the three (Meteab, Tyson, Maynard) a quality central midfielder replacing Carle to compete with LJ and a left back and I'll be delighted with our close season. A fair way to go yet but there haven't yet been many impressive signings made in the Championship.

Work permit and international clearence should be fine since Egypt are well up in the rankings and he's played a large number of international matches for them in the past two years. And if he hasn't due to injury we'd be able to get around it on the "exceptional talent" line.

I don't think we'll get that like for like Carle replacement, with Williams versatility and the shock of Noble seemingly fit for the start of a campaign i think attacking central midfield certainly has the numbers.

I'd like a very good left back too, or i'd like Ribeiro to have the quality to break into and stay in the team. I don't see McAllister as a Prem player or having the ability to step up to that level.

Work permit and international clearence should be fine since Egypt are well up in the rankings and he's played a large number of international matches for them in the past two years. And if he hasn't due to injury we'd be able to get around it on the "exceptional talent" line.

Yeah, it's more likely just going to be time consuming but the longer the saga goes on the longer the window is open for another club to try and snatch him.

I don't think we'll get that like for like Carle replacement, with Williams versatility and the shock of Noble seemingly fit for the start of a campaign i think attacking central midfield certainly has the numbers.

Williams isn't going to play in central midfield, he might play as the second striker but will be mainly wide right I think. Noble has the skill on the ball and LJ can pass and take set pieces but neither is enough of an all rounder for me. If GJ thought Noble and LJ were enough why'd he buy Carle in January? I reckon there's a good chance we'll see someone come in there mainly because GJ seems to want goals from that role and isn't getting them with any regularity now.

I'd like a very good left back too, or i'd like Ribeiro to have the quality to break into and stay in the team. I don't see McAllister as a Prem player or having the ability to step up to that level.

As I understand it, Ribeiro is a centre half in the main who can play right back and I hope he'll get his chance in either position. People who watch the youth/reserve sides can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he has ever played left back with any regularity or success. I think McAllister is too one footed and doesn't overlap enough, competition will be good there. I'd like us to go for Lewington from MK Dons, always looked class to me.

This transfer reminds me of the LT transfer last year. Knew a good week or so that LT was going to sign but they seemed to take ages to announce the deal. Looks as if the deal is pretty much a done one, suppose we are just waiting for the player to arrive for pics etc.

As I understand it, Ribeiro is a centre half in the main who can play right back and I hope he'll get his chance in either position. People who watch the youth/reserve sides can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he has ever played left back with any regularity or success. I think McAllister is too one footed and doesn't overlap enough, competition will be good there. I'd like us to go for Lewington from MK Dons, always looked class to me.

Well Gary said recently he can play right or left back so doesn't seem to see him as a centre half.

McAllister is a left back. He's supposed to be left footed. Does the same apply to Brad for being right footed? Never quite understood why left footed players are called one footed and right footed ones not. :unsure:

Archived