IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

If he does sign which i hope he does :fingerscrossed:

I don't want to put a dampner on it however has any one thought of the african cup of nations its probably already been mentioned however he would be leaving to go and play at a crucial time in the season febuary ish .

I hope this would not be a problem :englandsmile4wf:

I don't want to put a dampner on it however has any one thought of the african cup of nations its probably already been mentioned however he would be leaving to go and play at a crucial time in the season febuary ish .

If he signed a 4 year contract we would lose him for 3 weeks twice during that time. I don't think that's a big consideration when you put it up against the cheaper transfer fee you get buying abroad.

The next ANC is not till 2010....

Guest Jonathan

Meteb could face Zamalek

Emad Meteb is poised to play his last game with Ahli when the Reds clash with Zamalek in the CAF Champions League on July 20th.

The Egypt striker is set to move to Bristol City, but his agent ensured that he 'will not leave Ahli before the end of July'.

Meteb will fly to London on Monday for a medical with the Championship side, who agreed to pay Ahli £1.5M for the services of the 25-year-old.

The deal went on after Ahli accepted Bristol's request to pay the fee in installments, while the player's annual salary is yet to be negotiated.

This link will hopefully put your minds at ease!!!

http://www.filgoal.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=44830

Ahmed said back in this thread, I think about a year back, that we should give Meteb a warm welcome when he signs as thats how it works in Egypt. It's a shame we don't do it over here as I know a fair few would turn out for his signing. I would certainly try and get down the Gate. Thats if he signs that is!

MM

Ahmed said back in this thread, I think about a year back, that we should give Meteb a warm welcome when he signs as thats how it works in Egypt. It's a shame we don't do it over here as I know a fair few would turn out for his signing. I would certainly try and get down the Gate. Thats if he signs that is!

MM

The only problem is that the club do everything so cloak and dagger which I completely understand, but it would be very difficult for the fans as most would just have to guess when he would be there! I'm not even sure whether the medical will be in Bristol or London!

I complete agree. But when yo see clubs abroad unveiling a new signing in front of 1000's it looks good and the player must feel welcome. But yes, you can't disclose targets in case it alerts others.

MM

Part of another atricle thats gives clue to his flight.

It is noteworthy that tired will be directed to a halt six-thirty tomorrow morning (Monday) to England for a medical examination the English club Bristol on the young striker to return to Cairo next Thursday.

Guest mjc bcfc
Part of another atricle thats gives clue to his flight.

It is noteworthy that tired will be directed to a halt six-thirty tomorrow morning (Monday) to England for a medical examination the English club Bristol on the young striker to return to Cairo next Thursday.

so am i right in thinking that according to this he sould be in england now? :dunno:

so am i right in thinking that according to this he sould be in england now? :dunno:

But would the club tell us when he has completed the medical? I think it would be nice after keeping the fans in the dark for so long, but I somehow doubt we'll hear anything until next Monday, when he actually signs.

Guest Danzinio
But would the club tell us when he has completed the medical? I think it would be nice after keeping the fans in the dark for so long, but I somehow doubt we'll hear anything until next Monday, when he actually signs.

God i hope not!! :fingerscrossed:

Guest Disco Stu

Getting excited by all this now - cant wait for the text to come through.

Back away not today, Disco Stu

Would be nice for someone to casually pass through the Gate/contact a friend there to see if there's any action down there today or tomorrow. Nothing's happened for a while!

My brother was down there lunchtime and said the place was dead. Other than some blokes working on the turnstiles in the away end absloute nothing.

But yessir has spoken and apparently thats good cause to be optimistic

Guest Haithoma

I'm very surprised from the replies :shifty: You didnt know the real Emad,Although he is not a good dribbler but he masters the movments without the ball.He could help the other Attackers to score goals by making gaps in the defence of the other teams.He is also a very good header.I think he is going to make a brilliant apperance in the league....... :D

I'm very surprised from the replies :shifty: You didnt know the real Emad,Although he is not a good dribbler but he masters the movments without the ball.He could help the other Attackers to score goals by making gaps in the defence of the other teams.He is also a very good header.I think he is going to make a brilliant apperance in the league....... :D

Scorchio :sun: Scorchio :sun: Scorchio :sun:

My guess he landed at Heathrow at 11.40 this morning.

It's not often you go on a short-trip overseas and people wish you goodbye via Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LOXkJR2rs (Video uploaded last night, apparently, full of goals I've not seen before)

Incidentally, look at the turn on the edge of the box at 1:54.. I've never been so excited about a signing as I am now!!

Guest Ralph Milne
It's not often you go on a short-trip overseas and people wish you goodbye via Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LOXkJR2rs (Video uploaded last night, apparently, full of goals I've not seen before)

Incidentally, look at the turn on the edge of the box at 1:54.. I've never been so excited about a signing as I am now!!

i heard somewhere he is the new mido? hopefully a few stone lighter!!

Guest Danzinio

Some awesome finishes and loving the city pics at the end of the video! Especially the one from the ateyo with everyone on the pitch!!

There seems to be a flurry of activity around some of the local press right now - the rumors coming out of Ashton Gate is that Meteb has completed a medical and is putting pen to paper any minute now..... an official announcement coming either later this afternoon or early tomorrow with a press conference lined up for tomorrow afternoon.

My "source" disclaimer: This has not come from anyone INSIDE Ashton Gate..... its come from a friend who is a reporter at one of the local radio stations in Bristol and I have no reason not to believe her..... so hopefully an annoucement is imminent.

There seems to be a flurry of activity around some of the local press right now - the rumors coming out of Ashton Gate is that Meteb has completed a medical and is putting pen to paper any minute now..... an official announcement coming either later this afternoon or early tomorrow with a press conference lined up for tomorrow afternoon.

My "source" disclaimer: This has not come from anyone INSIDE Ashton Gate..... its come from a friend who is a reporter at one of the local radio stations in Bristol and I have no reason not to believe her..... so hopefully an annoucement is imminent.

:fingerscrossed: Lets hope for some good news soon then!

Like the Disclaimer idea.. Should be done by everyone.. :laugh:

Guest gary cornes

Sounds good but the net centre says different. He may play once more for his club before the move. But i did also hear he was over here on the same site. so i really don't know.

Guest Bristol Born and Red
Would tickle me if we sign someone completly different and unexpected; we are City we do unexpected :yes:

We are probably about to sign an English player who has been on holiday in Egypt, hence the delay!!

:farmer:

I'm still confused by the concept of him playing one more game for his club. Surely he cant sign for us before this otherwise he will not be registered for their club? Either he signs for us and doesnt play the game or he doesnt sign until after this game. Theoretically speaking, if his signature is imminent and then he goes to play in this game, breaks his leg and is out for an indefinable amount of time, what then? Surely he is either our player or not?

Guest chipmonk

Someone should pop down the gate to see if

they've made a parking space for a camel or phone Nick Carle

to see if he was a tracker back in the bush.

Maybe he could walk around North St. looking for camel s**t.

Sorry I'm bored......

:tomato:

Haha like the disclaimer, I was goina say you best be careful what you say, or your life could go down the toilet it would seem.

I'm still confused by the concept of him playing one more game for his club. Surely he cant sign for us before this otherwise he will not be registered for their club? Either he signs for us and doesnt play the game or he doesnt sign until after this game. Theoretically speaking, if his signature is imminent and then he goes to play in this game, breaks his leg and is out for an indefinable amount of time, what then? Surely he is either our player or not?

yeah, I thought that too

Maybe he is our player legally but we will 'loan' him back for his final game in Egypt as part of a goodwill agreement

The thinking behind it in Egypt is that he could sign this week but his contract does not start until next Monday, hence he flies back to Egypt later this week, maybe sort a few things out, play one game then fly back to England to start his new life. But this seems to be the wish of Emad but the decision lays with BCFC.

Guest Disco Stu

We can agree to terms with club and player and have a proposed transfer date of after the game, not really that hard to understand.

The thinking behind it in Egypt is that he could sign this week but his contract does not start until next Monday, hence he flies back to Egypt later this week, maybe sort a few things out, play one game then fly back to England to start his new life. But this seems to be the wish of Emad but the decision lays with BCFC.
But how does this affect the legality of the situation. Presumably he would have to sign a 'pre-contract' which could, if need be, result in us withdrawing our offer in the event of injury? It doesnt matter when his contract starts, as soon as he signs for us he is our player and thus not at liberty to play for any other side.

We can agree to terms with club and player and have a proposed transfer date of after the game, not really that hard to understand.
Well then that would be scenario B, he doesnt sign until after the game. Which in theory, officially, still leaves him open to approaches from other clubs.

Guest Disco Stu
Well then that would be scenario B, he doesnt sign until after the game. Which in theory, officially, still leaves him open to approaches from other clubs.

Not if he signs and his contract starts after the game - not all contract start from as soon as you sign them.

But how does this affect the legality of the situation. Presumably he would have to sign a 'pre-contract' which could, if need be, result in us withdrawing our offer in the event of injury? It doesnt matter when his contract starts, as soon as he signs for us he is our player and thus not at liberty to play for any other side.

I've no idea how it would work, if he is allowed to do what he wants before next Monday maybe a "pre-contract", but he has expressed this wish within the media in Egypt, he said the people at Bristol City seemed like good people and would hopefully understand his situation. What you wish for you don't always get though do you, will be interested to see if this does happen.

Not if he signs and his contract starts after the game - not all contract start from as soon as you sign them.
Of course. So back to the question, what if he signs a contract with us so he is officially our player on the 25th (for example) but he breaks his leg playing in his final match on the 20th (sorry cant recall the date)? Bristol City have now signed a player who will most likely be the clubs top earner, and yet due to him being injured whilst representing another club he wont feature for at least 6 months. Surely that is not an, albeit unlikely gamble that the club will take.

Lee Trundle played for us before we signed him didn't he?

I imagine if he wants to play one last game for Al Ahly there can be some sort of "provided he isn't injured" clause written in.

Frankly I'd rather we told them to forget the idea of one last game - why take the risk at this stage?

Well it's gone 6pm now, we did get a late announcement once (can't remember who that was) but the club will have to get it out quick I suppose. Because if a deal has been done it will be all over the Egyptian press faster than you can say "were's me fez"

Plus looks like that Zaki is flying over to Wigan tomorrow, that one has been going on for ages as well.

Well it's gone 6pm now, we did get a late announcement once (can't remember who that was) but the club will have to get it out quick I suppose. Because if a deal has been done it will be all over the Egyptian press faster than you can say "were's me fez"

It's not quite that simple. In keeping with the Egyptian theme, it'll turn out to be a pyramid scheme, and we'll need to sell three players to other clubs before we get Meteb. In the meantime Al Ahly are taking delivery of a brand-new iPod right now.

I imagine if he wants to play one last game for Al Ahly there can be some sort of "provided he isn't injured" clause written in.

Frankly I'd rather we told them to forget the idea of one last game - why take the risk at this stage?

Plus given the quite apparent culture change, the longer he's with the squad and the quicker he settles in Bristol the better for our season...

Guest churchill gaffer

Yes, believe it when I see it!

Not going to hold my breath.

Guest MaloneFM

So Magic Johnson comes on here and says sort him out, settle him in before August.

Where do you suggest he lives? Where do we take him on a day trip/night out? What should he avoid? How long before we let him speak to Dolls? Can anyone on here translate 'ow bist babber?' into Egyptian?

It's a problem which if no one has provided answers by the time I get back from the off licence I shall have to partake in.

maybe we should refuse him his wish of playing in the derby and offer to play ahly in a pre season friendly next year whereby he gets to turn out for them against us?

Why not just a simple signing where he is now our player and plays no games for anyone else either than Egypt? No room for sentiment on the road to the Premier League ;)

Whats wrong with me Malone you old fart.

I'm sure I could give him the Grand tour of Bristol, I also have a sofa if he needs somewhere to stay for a bit

:innocent06:

Mmmm sure Emad would think long and hard about the sofa. After all, he's only going to be on £10k a week plus...!!?

I think we should whip him down the cafe by BS3 for a full English, quick tour of the City to show the sights....e.g Suspension Bridge, SS Great Brittain etc....swiftly on to The Robins for a few pints of Thorn before a S.S.S and out down town for more Thorn.....finish off with a nice hour long wait for a taxi and bob's your uncle (sorry Uncle Rog) he'll be sold on us...!!

He can move down yer to Zummerset. I can set I'm up on me farm with a nice cosy barn to kip in, and his camel(s) can get in with the horses, they will make em feel welcome. Plus, me farms by the beach so he can have lots of sand nearby! Only downside is you get a clear view of Wales on a nice day...

He can move down yer to Zummerset. I can set I'm up on me farm with a nice cosy barn to kip in, and his camel(s) can get in with the horses, they will make em feel welcome. Plus, me farms by the beach so he can have lots of sand nearby! Only downside is you get a clear view of Wales on a nice day...

Sounds great - can I come and join the party - got plenty of zider in !!?

Guest MaloneFM
Whats wrong with me Malone you old fart.

Only took her 6 minutes. You could give him a tour love. But grand may not be the first English word he uses. Never mind Bar BS3 the tarted up Rising Sun he'd never get served. Take him to the SS Gurt Biggun and then the zoo.

Or a quick trip up Chelsea road to see a few old mates.

Guest MaloneFM

Bit confused here.

I insinuate that all you want to do is drag him into your sex dungeon in Cleeftahn for a White Lightening fuelled assault on his Eastern promise and you not are offended by that but once the reference to the united nations that live in Easton rears it's head, the fire alarm goes off?

Are we related? :noexpression:

I think it's fair enough to let him Mateb play this final game, especially as it's against Zamelek I believe?

Not letting him play that would be like not letting Louis Carey play against Rovers if we were to sell him...

Biggest game in Egyptian football!!

Aside I hope he will finally sign... seems like it's taken a good month or 2...

The excitement of it's gone for me, until he starts banging in goals that is!

Anyone know what time the flight to Portugal is tomorrow. I can't see anything happening while we're out there so if it is going to be tomorrow it would have to be 1st thing to get the GJ interview in. Other wise it could be another week! :igiveup:

Johnson could stay behind if it was to happen a bit later tomorrow conclude the deal and catch up with the lads via Landsowns private jet.

Guest MaloneFM
No my dear, I was just being flippant with you.

Fancy taking advantage of a penshioner. Any port in a storm eh?

So what would this tour consist of oh ST bored member? Quick stroll around the Dines, point out the Suspension Bridge then a bit of how's your father in the bushes with all the botters and oddballs looking on?

Usual saturday night isn't it?

So what would this tour consist of oh ST bored member? Quick stroll around the Dines, point out the Suspension Bridge then a bit of how's your father in the bushes with all the botters and oddballs looking on?

Maybe leave the bit in the bushes out, theyve cut them remember? Or did the rainbow lot win that arguement as well....

Guest Midge

Could go one better and have a "can't slide tackle" thus reducing his chances of injury or maybe play him as sub and put him on in injury time for a raptuous applause from the 100+ Al Ahly fans

Could go one better and have a "can't slide tackle" thus reducing his chances of injury or maybe play him as sub and put him on in injury time for a raptuous applause from the 100+ Al Ahly fans
Don't you mean 70000+ fans?

Archived