IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

Guest MaloneFM

Having been to Egypt there are a lot of flies.

Can we drag the pasty van from the rugby ground to the car park at the Gate and let him stand in there for a while?

Fancy taking advantage of a penshioner. Any port in a storm eh?

So what would this tour consist of oh ST bored member? Quick stroll around the Dines, point out the Suspension Bridge then a bit of how's your father in the bushes with all the botters and oddballs looking on?

Usual saturday night isn't it?

Dear Uncle Rog,

Do you still have that Lawyer ion retainer? He may be usefully and gainfully employed explaining the finer points of the UKs libel laws to you.

If not, I shall be happy to provide wise counsel for a very modest retainer. I have a feeling it will be money well spent!

Guest MaloneFM
Do you still have that Lawyer on retainer?

He's too old for a retainer. And stabilisers. Mind you I need to nip off to Boots to get another bottle of mine.

Anyway, what's libel you fat, wife beating, crack pipe wielding bastard?

He's too old for a retainer. And stabilisers. Mind you I need to nip off to Boots to get another bottle of mine.

Anyway, what's libel you fat, wife beating, crack pipe wielding bastard?

How rude...that's MISTER fat, wife beating, crack pipe wielding bastard if you don't mind!

Guest MaloneFM
How rude...that's MISTER fat, wife beating, crack pipe wielding bastard if you don't mind!

Consider uncle suitibly chastised.... :blush:

The serious answer to your question Malone is to show him the re-opened Egyptian gallery at the City museum (re-opened 2007) then take the fella to eat at Sands Lebanese restaurant at the top of Queens Road beyond the Victoria Rooms.

And if he wanted to finish it off with a shopping trip, why not here:

http://www.everythingegyptian.co.uk/pages/bristol_shop.htm

I think this poor lady has had an awful sense of timing to close down in three weeks just as one of Egypt's biggest stars is arriving in Bristol with the interest that will generate in Egyptian culture.

He can move down yer to Zummerset. I can set I'm up on me farm with a nice cosy barn to kip in, and his camel(s) can get in with the horses, they will make em feel welcome. Plus, me farms by the beach so he can have lots of sand nearby! Only downside is you get a clear view of Wales on a nice day...

:farmer:

Thats alright, you can tell him those hills to the north are the pyramids across a mirage. :farmer:

I was driving just north of Slough today and I came across a sign post that just said

"Egypt" :shocking:

If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

And I kid you not, it was pointing West. :dancing6:

PS How the hell did somewhere in Buckingshire get to be called "Egypt"??

I was driving just north of Slough today and I came across a sign post that just said

"Egypt" :shocking:

If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

And I kid you not, it was pointing West. :dancing6:

PS How the hell did somewhere in Buckingshire get to be called "Egypt"??

here u go you lazy toe rag..!!....

Egypt is a hamlet in the parish of Burnham, in Buckinghamshire, England. It is located on the edge of Burnham Beeches, just to the north of Farnham Common.

It is thought that the hamlet was so named because it was a common settling point for Gypsies, as it was once thought that Gypsies came from Egypt.

I started this thread and il be damned if it doesnt beat the nicky carle one :laugh:

all will be happy to know that on another thread here (the one about missing strikers) the mighty yessir has left a comment

QUOTE (forbespm @ Jul 14 2008, 11:57 AM)

i admire you for speaking your mind.i'm getting impatient too.which is only

natural.if the meteb deal falls through our attacking options look limited

to say the least. a couple of signings are all thats needed to propel me into

a positive mood.

YESSIR REPLIED TODAY

Get the party gear out now then

this is surely a good sign for the signing of Meteb, and possibly another target aswell. See you seen Emad! we are all waiting for you!

here u go you lazy toe rag..!!....

Egypt is a hamlet in the parish of Burnham, in Buckinghamshire, England. It is located on the edge of Burnham Beeches, just to the north of Farnham Common.

It is thought that the hamlet was so named because it was a common settling point for Gypsies, as it was once thought that Gypsies came from Egypt.

Not lazy, I just like to delegate ;)

About 1.5M posts ago in this thread, Madger mentioned that the word gypsy came from the word "Egypt". Strange old world...

It's not often you go on a short-trip overseas and people wish you goodbye via Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LOXkJR2rs (Video uploaded last night, apparently, full of goals I've not seen before)

Incidentally, look at the turn on the edge of the box at 1:54.. I've never been so excited about a signing as I am now!!

I know it's only a bunch of youtube clips but one thing about that really stands out for me.

He's a real poacher. He seems to be good attacking balls in, following up for scraps, uses both feet and his head, and he scored lots of goals inside the 18 yard box.

We haven't had a poacher like that for a long old time and even though some of the defending is woeful that sort of single mindedness towards getting goals is something we will benefit from greatly.

Fingers crossed.

Guest HighbridgeRED

Not to put a dampener on things, but I remember watching is wonderment at a certain Mr Trundle performing many amazing acts in a Swansea shirt.

I just pray this lad when he eventually joins us settles in quickly and gives us a better return than our Lee did.

It is a big move coming to a new country to apply your trade. Not quite a quick trip across the Severn Bridge.

Talking of Bridge we do seem to have aquired our share of non performing front men over the last few years Bridge, Stewart to name just a couple. Hope this time it is different.

Plenty to have a go at there guys. Sleep well

Sounds great - can I come and join the party - got plenty of zider in !!?

All are welcome to the Zider shack - there's plenty of it!

Thats alright, you can tell him those hills to the north are the pyramids across a mirage. :farmer:

Never thought of that!

That one on yer left is the pyramid of Quantock, that one in front is the pyramid of Exmoor, and that ugly white one on the right is The Butlins Skyline pavillion pyramid :noexpression: don't go in there or you will end up scratching down under...

Has not been much news on Emad over in Egypt today, fans looking to City sites for info and getting frustrated. Then this was posted on his Fans forum site;

"Amr Zaki said during the telephone intervention with the third class that he contacted Emad Meteb and that has passed Medical examination successfully and will return tomorrow and he is sad that there is great potential for its participation in a meeting Sunday Zamalek "

Guest Ahmed

One note that is off-topic but I feel compelled to say it. I know you mean nothing and you say it as humor but guys/gals : We Egyptians don't ride camels, we are not interested in sand, fez, pharaoh dresses, Cleopatra and all the other silly stuff you talk about. I am in no place at all to tell people what to do, I am only asking politely. Thank you and please note that I mean no offense to anyone ^_^

Back to topic, I don't know much about whether Emad arrived at England but I think he should be there during this week.

One note that is off-topic but I feel compelled to say it. I know you mean nothing and you say it as humor but guys/gals : We Egyptians don't ride camels, we are not interested in sand, fez, pharaoh dresses, Cleopatra and all the other silly stuff you talk about. I am in no place at all to tell people what to do, I am only asking politely. Thank you and please note that I mean no offense to anyone ^_^

Back to topic, I don't know much about whether Emad arrived at England but I think he should be there during this week.

Everybody knows that Ahmed. As you say it's all just humor and it's what Egyptians are famous for (with great history), other football teams talk about Bristol City fans being Cider swilling, wurrzel/farmer, carrot crunching people. But we don't care, it could be worse (especially if we were a welsh team) so don't get the hump it could be fun. There soon could be a market in Bristol for Inflatable camels, Meteb Fez hats and lots of other silly stuff, the more successful he is, the more silly stuff you will probably see.

Once he is over it's now or never. Have had enough time to think things over surely. Can't see us waiting til the end of the month.

We should have a clause saying that the deal is off should he be injured in the Zamalek game (20th).

Odd all over.

If he's signing for us he shouldnt be played in any more games for Ali Ahly full stop.

Guest mjc bcfc
If he's signing for us he shouldnt be played in any more games for Ali Ahly full stop.

totally agree, surely he realises as well that one wrong placed challenge could seriously hamper his chances of furthering his career...

I know if louis carey was moving on and he wanted to play one last game against the gas, there is no way he'd be allowed to play..

totally agree, surely he realises as well that one wrong placed challenge could seriously hamper his chances of furthering his career...

I know if louise carey was moving on and he wanted to play one last game against the gas, there is no way he'd be allowed to play..

LOUISE ??

Guest mjc bcfc
Seems keen to play that game so better have him signed before with a clause rather than riscing the whole deal.

This must come to an end.

definately, its been a whole month now of checking the official site and the forum just to see if this guy has signed, let alone any other potential signings

Can't see the problem with him playing in that final derby game - injury blah blah blah will be covered contractually - if its his decision, rather than his clubs, then it makes me hopeful in terms of the passion he may have for city once we have shown him how much we value him.

Football seasons are long old affairs - teams are still settling down in November and later - a couple of weeks wont make a whole heap of difference.

Probably best if our man stays away from this forum for a while though - at least until he has a decent grasp of english irony and knows to ignore the glass half-empty brigade.

LOUISE ??

At the start of pre-season, Carey gathered the lads around to tell them that while they had been blowing their hard earned cash holidaying in the med and West Indies, he'd spent his bonus on something completely different!

It immediately made sense as to why a ladies loo had been installed in the changing room during the summer.

Ivana Sproule declined to comment.

Get off your high camel!

Guest 21. Marcham
Not knowing whats going on is pure hell!

At least with the Trundle deal we were kinda kept in the loop.

Does anyone know for sure when he had his medical?

Has he already has his medical?

I heard he was flying in to have one last sunday, but i didn't hear anymore after that. :noexpression:

More info please?

I'm totally and utterly in the dark about this situation. :bruce_h4h:

Gulp - so no fez's, tacky egyptian merchandise, inflatable camels etc - so what should we do? polite applause isn't exactly what we are known for (except for the parts of the ground behind the soundproof glass ;) ). Are you saying that we shouldn't try to do anything especially 'egyptian' for Emad - just come up with his own special chant / song?

..... and what of this supposed 10am Press Conference? Surely someone knows a journalistic friend who can keep us in the loop regarding any Press Conferences....

Still nothing on the OS. Surely if he had his medical Sunday/Monday then why aren't we seeing pitures of Emad signing his contract?

Should we be concerned.....I hope he doesn't go and do a 'Bent-esque' u-turn on us.

Guest matty f
I know it's easy to say but try to be patient, the club will announce whatever when there is something to announce.

yeah i know mate, i think its just the whispers of a press conference that have got me all excited!!! :englandsmile4wf:

The problem is its not just a medical he has to agree terms and everything, this all takes time. If the reports are anything to go by that he wants an extra £5000 a week this is a huge difference and there will be lots a haggling to do. He may not even agree the move today.

Guest matty f
Love your avatar BTW

cheers mate, lets hope him and Motæb can be the answer to our strikeforce problems this season!!

:winner_third_h4h:

Some NEW News!!

http://egyptianplayers.com/

Motæb Passes Medical & Ready For Bristol City

14-7-2008: Egypt's striker Emad Motæb arrived in England today and successfully passed his medical. The Egyptian is on verge of completing his transfer deal from Ahly to Championship side Bristol City. Motæb will put pen on paper for a three years deal.

Guest matty f
Some NEW News!!

http://egyptianplayers.com/

Motæb Passes Medical & Ready For Bristol City

14-7-2008: Egypt's striker Emad Motæb arrived in England today and successfully passed his medical. The Egyptian is on verge of completing his transfer deal from Ahly to Championship side Bristol City. Motæb will put pen on paper for a three years deal.

well done mate, you've eased me anxiety a little bit!!! now to see him with a city shirt held aloft!!!

:fingerscrossed:

Guest matty f
On the verge, but has he agreed the price of camels? This must be our longest drawn out transfer in our history, was start of June it came out...

mate, don't be so silly! the club would have had the hindsight to factor those camels into the deal!!!! there are no fears there!!!

:innocent06:

I know the club like to conduct their business in a quiet manner, and rightly so, but given the overwhelming amount of rumour and news that is filtering through I think the club must be treating this player and this deal as a massive coup. In the circumstance we are all in, one in which our pursuit of Mateab is all but common knowledge, the clubs continued media black-out on the matter points only toward their belief that this guy is a fine international football player and the capture of his signature is something more than ordinary.

Guest matty f
I know the club like to conduct their business in a quiet manner, and rightly so, but given the overwhelming amount of rumour and news that is filtering through I think the club must be treating this player and this deal as a massive coup for the club. In the circumstance we are all in, one in which our pursuit of Mateab is all but common knowledge, the clubs continued media black-out on the matter points only toward the clubs belief that this guy is a fine international football player and the capture of his signature is something more than ordinary.

well, as you have said, this is a MASSIVE coup for the club. having a fine international player is something we could only have dreamed of a few years ago, now we are on the verge of making it a reality!!!

we don't want any c**k ups now, so gj is rightly keeping hush hush

I know the club like to conduct their business in a quiet manner, and rightly so, but given the overwhelming amount of rumour and news that is filtering through I think the club must be treating this player and this deal as a massive coup. In the circumstance we are all in, one in which our pursuit of Mateab is all but common knowledge, the clubs continued media black-out on the matter points only toward their belief that this guy is a fine international football player and the capture of his signature is something more than ordinary.

Note: The Clubs Blackout extends to the OS Press Cuttings for today not including the Evil Posts Back Page Headline. "CITY CLOSE TO NETTING EMAD"

Guest mjc bcfc
I don't think this silence is good for anyone, I know the forums going mental, and as for the player, well I hear 'e mad about it

he is mad, very mad and he's been keeping mo' tabs on this transfer than the rest of us!!

sorry :tumbleweed:

Radio Bristol this morning claims the deal will be completed by the end of the month.

So many contrasting stories :dunno:

Think they are correct, the news last night about the medical seem true, but it seems he is not signing yet. Think we have to wait till next week. The best I could find this morning (not great translation). The stories last week were saying it would be the last week in July.

Subject striker Emad Meteb team chamionship first day «Tuesday» to detect medical English club Bristol prelude to ending the proceedings transferred to its ranks, with effect from the beginning of the new season.

For his part, warned the player agent to sign any paper when he was in England and only a medical examination only, and postpone the signing of contracts in case of the stability of the English club to contract with him until after returning to Cairo to attend seasons signature can guarantee their right to complete.

In the same context, he emphasized Hadi Khashaba General Coordinator of the Commission on the ball that the club agreed with his Bristol on all financial details regarding the deal, and that things are moving towards completion and Hadi rejected rumors recently about the club's desire to involve tired in the match coming African Summit.

He said: This talk will reduce the National Bank and the Group has a wealth of the attackers could compensate for the absence of any player and it is unacceptable to stand size Ahli team on any player, even if it Emad Meteb.

He added the theater: The Commission on the ball completely confident in the capacity of five offensive and Bilal Flavio and Osama Hosni, Ahmed Hassan, Hani al-Faraj Agiza, all able to efficiently lead the attack

Think they are correct, the news last night about the medical seem true, but it seems he is not signing yet. Think we have to wait till next week. The best I could find this morning (not great translation).

Subject striker Emad Meteb team chamionship first day «Tuesday» to detect medical English club Bristol prelude to ending the proceedings transferred to its ranks, with effect from the beginning of the new season.

For his part, warned the player agent to sign any paper when he was in England and only a medical examination only, and postpone the signing of contracts in case of the stability of the English club to contract with him until after returning to Cairo to attend seasons signature can guarantee their right to complete.

In the same context, he emphasized Hadi Khashaba General Coordinator of the Commission on the ball that the club agreed with his Bristol on all financial details regarding the deal, and that things are moving towards completion and Hadi rejected rumors recently about the club's desire to involve tired in the match coming African Summit.

He said: This talk will reduce the National Bank and the Group has a wealth of the attackers could compensate for the absence of any player and it is unacceptable to stand size Ahli team on any player, even if it Emad Meteb.

He added the theater: The Commission on the ball completely confident in the capacity of five offensive and Bilal Flavio and Osama Hosni, Ahmed Hassan, Hani al-Faraj Agiza, all able to efficiently lead the attack

That to me reads like the chairman doesn't necessarily want him to play a last game for Ahli! Very odd!

Guest michaelbcfc34

just been going through the guys stats,it has him scoring 7 goals in 28 starts and 10 games on as sub this season,meaning 7 in 38 games which means 1 goal in every 5.5 games,which dosnt sound to great to me,I'm sure most of the strikers we had last season would have had better stats.the point I'm trying to make is we will still have to buy someone who scores goals at a much better rate than that.people keep looking on you tube to go by how good he is but there are proberly good goals from bas savage on there so that dosnt say much.whilst i am looking forward to him signing :fingerscrossed: I'm not going to be relying on him to bang in 15-20 goals a season

It is crazy! here's abit more news off of the net centre http://clubfanzine.com/bristol_city/v2.showNews.php?id=12059

I still find it odd how the Egyptian media can get hold of so much detail about it all when the English media has nothing!

Right, so he's already flown in and had his medical and passed....so wheres the f**cking announcement???

Talk about dragging it out! Jeezus!

Has anyone got a spare pen he can borrow?

just been going through the guys stats,it has him scoring 7 goals in 28 starts and 10 games on as sub this season,meaning 7 in 38 games which means 1 goal in every 5.5 games,which dosnt sound to great to me,I'm sure most of the strikers we had last season would have had better stats.the point I'm trying to make is we will still have to buy someone who scores goals at a much better rate than that.people keep looking on you tube to go by how good he is but there are proberly good goals from bas savage on there so that dosnt say much.whilst i am looking forward to him signing :fingerscrossed: I'm not going to be relying on him to bang in 15-20 goals a season

His stats for last season arn't that impressive, but if you go over his career in total he has about a goal every other game! Same for international level as well!

Archived