IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

just been going through the guys stats,it has him scoring 7 goals in 28 starts and 10 games on as sub this season,meaning 7 in 38 games which means 1 goal in every 5.5 games,which dosnt sound to great to me,I'm sure most of the strikers we had last season would have had better stats.the point I'm trying to make is we will still have to buy someone who scores goals at a much better rate than that.people keep looking on you tube to go by how good he is but there are proberly good goals from bas savage on there so that dosnt say much.whilst i am looking forward to him signing :fingerscrossed: I'm not going to be relying on him to bang in 15-20 goals a season

That was last season! 12 months ago, this lad was close to signing for Boro for £2m.....now forgive me if I'm wrong, but surely if Prem clubs were chading him for that money, he must have something about him.

If he had banged in 25 goals last season...we would not have had a chance of signing him. Simple as that, he would be Premier League bound, to a club like Fulham, Boro, Hull etc

This payer is highly thought of at his club and at international level...I for one, pray we sign him and asap

Guest michaelbcfc34
That was last season! 12 months ago, this lad was close to signing for Boro for £2m.....now forgive me if I'm wrong, but surely if Prem clubs were chading him for that money, he must have something about him.

If he had banged in 25 goals last season...we would not have had a chance of signing him. Simple as that, he would be Premier League bound, to a club like Fulham, Boro, Hull etc

This payer is highly thought of at his club and at international level...I for one, pray we sign him and asap

I'm not saying i don't want him to sign, I'm trying to say if he does sign and he scores at that same rate people on here will be ranting and raving about it saying what a waste of money and johnson dosnt know what hes doing and all that bo****ks.also to quote a team like boro is stupid they just try and sign anyone with a big name no matter what country hes from

I'm not saying i don't want him to sign, I'm trying to say if he does sign and he scores at that same rate people on here will be ranting and raving about it saying what a waste of money and johnson dosnt know what hes doing and all that bo****ks.also to quote a team like boro is stupid they just try and sign anyone with a big name no matter what country hes from

Guys as I said in my previous respnse my 2 Egyptian contractors,1 a big Ahly and Metaeb fan, say that he was at a standoff all of last season with the club, as they backed out of the Boro deal, this is possibly a reason for his one off poor stats, just imagine 2m last year to Boro, 20 goals last season (don'tforget 2 in Egypt's last match) he would have been proced way above 2M this time round.

Guest michaelbcfc34
Guys as I said in my previous respnse my 2 Egyptian contractors,1 a big Ahly and Metaeb fan, say that he was at a standoff all of last season with the club, as they backed out of the Boro deal, this is possibly a reason for his one off poor stats, just imagine 2m last year to Boro, 20 goals last season (don'tforget 2 in Egypt's last match) he would have been proced way above 2M this time round.

i can see where your coming from but,i feel people on here are going to be expecting far more from him than lets say lee trundle,and look what happened on here about lee last season

To be fair, does Johnson know what hes doing when it comes to strikers anyway? he cannot be any worse then previous strikers Johnson has signed?

As for Boro? I'm not sure why thats so stupid, they are an established Premier League club, it was not just rumours at the time...there was a £2m bid on the table

i can see where your coming from but,i feel people on here are going to be expecting far more from him than lets say lee trundle,and look what happened on here about lee last season

Absolutely, but both my guys (don't forget 1 is a big Zamalek fan) sya he is the real deal, he just needs to get away from Ahly, who he feels stifled his ambition, let's hope that they are correct and he has a point to prove, could be worth a tidy sum in the next 2 years!

Guest michaelbcfc34
To be fair, does Johnson know what hes doing when it comes to strikers anyway? he cannot be any worse then previous strikers Johnson has signed?

As for Boro? I'm not sure why thats so stupid, they are an established Premier League club, it was not paper talk at the time...there was a £2m bid on the table

Didnt mean to sound so rude andy :innocent06: , but i just think boro throw money at anyone with a name,yes they are a established prem side but with the players they have (had) they should be doing so much more in the prem.and yes i agree johnsons knowledge on strikers stink,thats why if emad signs i just hope it starts scoring quickly else he would be shot down very quickly you know what are fans are like

Guest michaelbcfc34
Absolutely, but both my guys (don't forget 1 is a big Zamalek fan) sya he is the real deal, he just needs to get away from Ahly, who he feels stifled his ambition, let's hope that they are correct and he has a point to prove, could be worth a tidy sum in the next 2 years!

yeah :fingerscrossed: on that one real mad red

Has he arrived yet?

I mean it's a month now, how close or otherwise is it?

The EP site has had nothing on this story since Friday.

Still if and when it finally goes through there is one consolation other than getting a good player.

We will have entered the land of the Big Boys....a long drawn out and protracted transter. :D

Has he arrived yet?

Still if and when it finally goes through there is one consolation other than getting a good player.

We will have entered the land of the Big Boys....a long drawn out and protracted transter. :D

Most transfers are long and drawn out, Thing is we don't tend to hear about them until there done or close to being completed. However with this one it was leaked very early by the egyptians.

Guest Bristoliain
Has he arrived yet?

theres a bit on the club part on the bbc sport sit, and a bit in the gossip column

Don't need Ahmed for that. Emad is a muslim.

I genuinely think that could cause problems. Firstly we've got this nice Christian clique going on and i don't know how they'll react to it. Do we really want Basso trying to convert him on the bus? That which was amusing before might cause hassle now.

Then we've got Ramadan at the start of the season which does affect Islamic athletes. (It's a month of fasting from sunrise to sunset during september.)

I dunno, i'm worried he won't settle.

Care to elaborate? Or are you just attention seeking?

Over 1300 posts and we're are still no closer to knowing what's actually going on! The situation is nuts!!

But that's because Mataeb has demanded a condition. Ahmed, has let him know that Carle's thread got over 1000 posts when he was leaving City. So, Mataeb has demanded that he won't sign his contract until his thread has reached 1,500 posts.

But that's because Mataeb has demanded a condition. Ahmed, has let him know that Carle's thread got over 1000 posts when he was leaving City. So, Mataeb has demanded that he won't sign his contract until his thread has reached 1,500 posts.

Stranger things have happened on this thread.

Kevolution- If your statement 'signed' was meant as a wind up your not funny and should be banned for 14 days :grr:

The Daily Star have finally caught on to the fact we are signing Emad for a record fee of 1.5m.

Well done the Daily Star - Give yourselves a big pat on the back!

Have you got a link?

I just saw this on the beeb- has this been posted before as I haven't seen it! Sorry if it has.

Egyptian international striker Emad Moteab has revealed he is close to securing a move to Bristol City.

The 25-year-old gave an interview to Egyptian television, in which he said he has been negotiating a three-year deal with the Championship club.

"To a great extent, we have finalised everything, but there are a few things to discuss when I go there," he said.

"For me joining Bristol City is a beginning. I hope to be able to help the club reach the Premier League."

Emad all but here!

I just saw this on the beeb- has this been posted before as I haven't seen it! Sorry if it has.

Egyptian international striker Emad Moteab has revealed he is close to securing a move to Bristol City.

The 25-year-old gave an interview to Egyptian television, in which he said he has been negotiating a three-year deal with the Championship club.

"To a great extent, we have finalised everything, but there are a few things to discuss when I go there," he said.

"For me joining Bristol City is a beginning. I hope to be able to help the club reach the Premier League."

Here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7508180.stm

apologies mate - you beat me to it...good news...

Emad all but here!

Probably the few things are where he will live. Will he start off in hotel or rented accomodation, will the club pay. Will he have a translator with him as his English may be basic. Will they assist him in moving to the country. Sell on clause (do Egyptians do this?). These are just some pointers I have heard about before when player move to the UK from overseas. Or it could simply be something to do with his contract.

MM

Guest walshy-shuffle-carl-shutt
Probably the few things are where he will live. Will he start off in hotel or rented accomodation, will the club pay. Will he have a translator with him as his English may be basic. Will they assist him in moving to the country. Sell on clause (do Egyptians do this?). These are just some pointers I have heard about before when player move to the UK from overseas. Or it could simply be something to do with his contract.

MM

Its no done yet hes not even got to this country so i will wait till the OS announce before celebrating.

TBH it does bother me that he still hasn't signed on the dotted line. Why do I get this nasty feeling that there will be a massive dispointment in the 11h hour.

Maybe Lansdown and Co should fly out and make him sign it.......Or the camel gets it! :Believe:

Part of another atricle thats gives clue to his flight.

It is noteworthy that tired will be directed to a halt six-thirty tomorrow morning (Monday) to England for a medical examination the English club Bristol on the young striker to return to Cairo next Thursday.

Its no done yet hes not even got to this country so i will wait till the OS announce before celebrating.

How can u be sure of this....seems to go against whats coming out of Egypt!

As reports before it's 15%, if he's not been to England why is he not been with Al-Ahly, he's been and gone, to me seems a bit of smoke screen which indicates he will be playing for Al-Ahly on Sunday then sign Monday.

Guest 21. Marcham
Yeah, wasn't that last year....seems like it! :whistle2:

MM

Yeah, this Emad transfer is taking the absolute P155. However, we must do patient according to GJ. :innocent06:

As someone posted on here earlier, i also have a bad feeling about the end prospect of an 11th hour turnaround.

Yeah, this Emad transfer is taking the absolute P155. However, we must do patient according to GJ. :innocent06:

As someone posted on here earlier, i also have a bad feeling about the end prospect of an 11th hour turnaround.

Yes, it's taking ages, but Ahmed did say they normally take weeks or months in Egypt. It sounds like all the other failures in his previous transfer attempts are because Al-Ahli and the buying club have fallen out. This time it's sounds like the clubs have agreed it's now down to the player. I think things will be OK and we'll see him arrive and sign next week around Tuesday or Wednesday.

MM

Guest Ahmed

Yes , it does take alot of time for clubs to make up their minds whether to sell a player or not and even more time to agree on a fee. However, as you said Ahly DID agree on terms with Bristol, so it is generally up to Bristol to reach an agreement with Emad.

i don't think he will be unveiled until monday now whatever happens

1. squad and manager are all away till then so we wont be able to do the grand reception

2. he is going to play for al-ahly on weekend and might get injured

transfer fee has been agreed, medicals been done (or if not imminent), i expect personal details will be flushed out before the Zamalek game.

Then after the game and his big send off he will come over for another mini-medical then be on the OS with Gary, a shirt and scarf by 3pm monday.

i just hope the contract is signed (with an injury waiver) before the game rather than after, otherwise we've basically just stuck him in a giant shop window before we get the sig.

so excited about this deal just hope we don't get trumped by a bigger club at last minute

what does everyone else think?

I see what's on here, the BBC news posted today looks like it's from a previous story (way back somewhere in this thread) before his meeting with BCFC. As far as I know he has not been on TV today so that story is a bit confusing.

Guest redrebel
i don't think he will be unveiled until monday now whatever happens

1. squad and manager are all away till then so we wont be able to do the grand reception

2. he is going to play for al-ahly on weekend and might get injured

transfer fee has been agreed, medicals been done (or if not imminent), i expect personal details will be flushed out before the Zamalek game.

Then after the game and his big send off he will come over for another mini-medical then be on the OS with Gary, a shirt and scarf by 3pm monday.

i just hope the contract is signed (with an injury waiver) before the game rather than after, otherwise we've basically just stuck him in a giant shop window before we get the sig.

so excited about this deal just hope we don't get trumped by a bigger club at last minute

what does everyone else think?

I think the longer it takes the more chance of someone stepping in and this has taken an age.I think it will be a small miracle if he signs.

Guest bcfc-andybuchs

I reckon he'll sign! :fingerscrossed: It's just taking it's time, lets hope hes the striker we've all been waiting for.

Egyptian international Emad Motæb has revealed he is close to securing a move to Bristol City.

The 25 year-old gave an interview to Egyptian television, in which he says he has been negotiating a 3 year deal with the Championship club.

''To a great extent, we have finalised everything, but there are a few things to discuss when I go there,'' he said.

''For me joining Bristol City is a beginning. I hope to be able to help the club reach the Premier League.''

Not long now! :fingerscrossed::winner_third_h4h:

He was on Ahly telly on the 10th talking Bristol City http://met3bfans.com/ar/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=29

In class with a Scott Murray interview. Scottish is a related language for sure.

I still think it's possible something will happen tomorrow morning.

Should it not be we have to wait until early next week. Representatives watching the Sunday game, having the contract signed after it and then flying home with the player Monday for a press conference Tuesday :blink:

Ahmed; what does he say?

Yes this was the news that sent everything mad last Thursday from this TV interview, see my post 1012. Don't know the full translation but what we have read before should sum it up. I can't see anything happening till next week (earliest), if he is back in Cairo we should get some more news from there tomorrow possibly about if he plays Sunday.

Egyptian international Emad Motæb has revealed he is close to securing a move to Bristol City.

The 25 year-old gave an interview to Egyptian television, in which he says he has been negotiating a 3 year deal with the Championship club.

''To a great extent, we have finalised everything, but there are a few things to discuss when I go there,'' he said.

''For me joining Bristol City is a beginning. I hope to be able to help the club reach the Premier League.''

seems to be the worse kept secret of all time :unsure:

Guest Kevolution

He was at the gate today geting his pic took - he wont have the city shirt on in the pic just a scarf for proof i'm not lying. I'm not that sad to lie about it :laugh:. I expect he has gone to Portugal to, its just logical. I'm on holiday from tomorrow for 2 weeks, see you all soon, enjoy the open day!

He was at the gate today geting his pic took - he wont have the city shirt on in the pic just a scarf for proof i'm not lying. I'm not that sad to lie about it :laugh:. I expect he has gone to Portugal to, its just logical. I'm on holiday from tomorrow for 2 weeks, see you all soon, enjoy the open day!

Hmmmmmm.

I won't accuse you of lying but the forum vultures will probably want better proof than your word. Perhaps a photo taken on a phone might do? :tumbleweed:

I was down the Gate today buying stuff in the club shop but didn't see anything. I just assumed the reason why the majority of the car parks around the stands were full was due to the players leaving for Portugal.

Guest Kevolution

Well i got a feelin it will be announced tomorrow, so all will see! :) What a great signing was just checkin out his goals on youtube, should do well for us!

Guest DR DICKNOSE

First reply on here from me my fellow sheeeeeet heads! HE WILL SIGN MONDAY according to the bird in the club shop! no names mentioned.

The bloke has a cracking record at international level,reckon we should give him a chance,has played some quality opposition in the african cup of nations&they fu***** wo it! could be a good link up with trunds or our new signing MAYNARD!!!!! what d'ya all reckon heard it could be close too........

If this thread carries on like this it will soon be bigger than the word association thread and we will also need a sub forum like we did for Trunds last year.

All that is clear now is that he hasn't signed yet.

Let's hope he's a man of his word though and puts pen to paper early next week.

You think!

If Samo is right and the report on the Beeb is from the TV interview on the 10th, and Kevolution isn't telling pork pies and he saw Emad down the gate yesterday with a City scarf around his neck having his piccy taken, how can you be so sure he hasn't signed.

TBH i've never been so confused over a potenial new arrival! quite franklly I have absolutely no clue at what stage we're at with this lad :argh:

Imagine the anti-climax if he ended up not signing :disapointed2se:

New thread for Emad Moteab?

If he has signed where's the announcement?

Who knows Stroudy!

I've come to the conclusion that it's a done deal but City have granted for him to play in 1 more match on Sunday, I think it's their big Derby match where they actually use a forgein referee as they get so heated! please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I've excepted that we'll not hear anything more now until Monday 21st.........probably best to leave it alone until then.

Hi all, reporting in from the daily scribble (I mean Arabic) as we thought the news will start in Egypt again today upon tired's return.

Emad is back training with Al-Ahly today, for the first time since the trip to Germany (so were has he been all this time?). Well the OFFICIAL site says he returned from England in the late hours last night. He has taken Medical test in Bristol. Official site of Al-Ahly http://www.ahlyegypt.com/team_games/soccer/newsroom/----1113

Seems all the news from Egypt has been pretty bang on.

Translation;

Participates Star striker Emad Meteb first team football phone in his morning exercises today for the first time since the return of team preparation camp in Germany where tired returned from England in the late hours of yesterday evening .. Tired and keen to participate in exercises his team ..

Appeared tired in the exercises are a good group and had been tired early this week traveled to England to conduct medical tests English club Bristol who made a presentation to the National Department of the amount of 1.5 million euros, and management agreed to allow civil tired to travel to England in preparation for entering into final negotiations

Guest michaelbcfc34

Tiring participates [fY] practices of the family

tiring attacking returned tiring from England Tiring compliance

Tiring back in good image tiring the English tiring in the book to England

Re: Tiring participates

tiring to promotes headed

her tiring

Tiring participates

whats all this tiring s**t mean hard to understand when that word keeps popping up

Archived