IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

hey barnsley

where did you pick the info up from

nothing has crept onto 606 gossip column yet?

The faxed offer in this thread may be a good indication.

I hate these ''done deal'' quotes without anything behind it. :fastasleep:

Ronaldo ''done deal''

David Villa ''done deal''

Look I can do it aswell...........

I have a ''very good source'', but ''i can't reveal them''......

As I'm sure if the source itself didnt want anyone to know they would spout their mouth off in the first place.

Utter bullox

Yes Whilst not wishing to bad mouth Havantopia, whom I respect, anyone who ever looks on the wonderful Football rumours web-site will see after every rumour, the words "done deal"

expand please??

guess i was being too deep... done deal that this thread will be deleted. i.e. done deal that its a done deal.. :sofa:

Thanks for the compliment eastern.,. i am the last person to spread rumours around. not really my style and being as far away as i am i have fat chance of knowing what is happening frankly although i did find that letter offer ref meteb.

Guest Met3bFans.Com Admin

CiderJar

Don't bother yourself translating ... I understand English well

I want to tell you all that transfers in egypt take longer time than it does in england or europe .. it means that it can extend to a month maybe ... and an example is Wigan which wants to buy Amr Zaki (Egypt's other striker and he's a best friend for met3b) ... the negotioations almost have been a month and it isn't done ... PATIENCE

If that's the case, I can see Wigan and us pulling out.

Players need to be here for pre-season - GJ will probably move on if this can't be sorted within the next week, and rightly so.

But didn't we sign Lee Trundle after we had started our pre-season friendlies? Given that players' contracts expire on 30th June most transfers will happen after clubs have returned for pre-season training I would imagine.

Most will be geared to commence from 1st July I would have thought.

This is an illustration of why things take time with these transfers from Egypt ;

http://new.filgoal.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=44088

Signs are that Wigan are now closer to finalising the transfer - but it was delayed because individuals change their minds.

I really can't see GJ putting up with that and risking not having a striker here for the start of the season.

He'll just draw a line under it and move on.

Thanks, very interesting reading. You're right Gary will not be messed about, though I do think he'll be prepared to wait a bit if he is confident the deal will go through, given that Mete3b appears to be his first choice.

Thanks, very interesting reading. You're right Gary will not be messed about, though I do think he'll be prepared to wait a bit if he is confident the deal will go through, given that Mete3b appears to be his first choice.

The MOST interesting bit in that link is that Zamalek obviously think that Junior Agogo is a direct replacement for him. If thats the case then Wigan beware!!!

And what is also interesting is that they expect Wigan to pay 1.5m just for a season loan and then a total of 4.5m for first option on a permanent transfer - and they won't get him until the end of July.

We are supposedly paying a straight 1.5m for Emad........

Thinking of delays, you can see what's coming can't you ?

Or am I just living up to my name today..

Grrrrrr cynic you old devil.....

I've wasted a best part of a week on this bldy topic grrrrrr.....

Perhaps the REAL reason that they haven't signed their player is that Wigan heard Agogo was available......

No, I just think yessir is still going around Cairo at break neck speed in that taxi. :innocent06:

Could be this is what it means.

The best way to get around an Egyptian town or city is by taxi but there are several problems. First, you must bargain for everything in Egypt taxi service included, so you have to be prepared and patient in negotiating a price. Second, there are no traffic rules the Egyptians obey while driving, they drive everything that can run on 4 wheels, cars with no lights and no breaks.

Or maybe just means he's there!!!

Could be this is what it means.

The best way to get around an Egyptian town or city is by taxi but there are several problems. First, you must bargain for everything in Egypt taxi service included, so you have to be prepared and patient in negotiating a price. Second, there are no traffic rules the Egyptians obey while driving, they drive everything that can run on 4 wheels, cars with no lights and no breaks.

Or maybe just means he's there!!!

And they flash there full beams at you in the night to make sure you are still awake.

didnt his move to russian club saturn fall down because they couldnt agree a deal with his club. could it be that they are playing the same games and want this and that extra every step of the way. whos to say if we agree to their current demsands they wouldnt move the goal posts again 24 hours later. sounds to me like GJ wants him but wont be messed around. i can see GJ pulling the plug on it soon.

Obviously don't know what's happening behind the scenes - or the extent to which the player himself decides whether or not to go to a particular club - but it doesn't give me a particularly warm feeling when a target player appears so ******* reluctant to come and play for us :yawn:

Obviously don't know what's happening behind the scenes - or the extent to which the player himself decides whether or not to go to a particular club - but it doesn't give me a particularly warm feeling when a target player appears so ******* reluctant to come and play for us :yawn:

Nothing to do with the player, it's the club farting around with negotiations. This is where we pull out.

MM

Nothing to do with the player, it's the club farting around with negotiations. This is where we pull out.

MM

The culture is totally different. When you think you have a deal, you suddenly realize you don't. Any signature in writing can change. There is no conclusion to a business deal. From my knowledge of business in that country it could take months.

Wael Gomaa (Arabic: وائل جمعة) (born 3 August 1975) is an Egyptian footballer. He plays the Defender position for Egypt's African Super Cup Champion Al-Ahly club as well as Egypt's National Football Team. He is currently on loan to Al-Siliya of the Qatari League. He is considered one of the best African defenders. Brick-wall of a defender who has recently been heavily linked to a move in the English Premier League.

He had pre-season trials with Blackburn Rovers with a view to a January transfer.[1]

Gomaa was pivotal in the Pharaohs African Cup of Nations Egypt 2006 triumph in February, where Gomaa appeared in every match for the hosts, stopping the danger of Drogba and Lomana LuaLua easily. In Addition, he is an excellent header, who has the ability to score from corners.

Gomaa has been chosen by CAF in Africa Team for the year 2006.

CONSPIRACY THEORY NUMBER 2365

Just a thought..........

Our Egyptian friend from the Met3b fan site hasn't been on here for the last 2 days, could it be that he's currently in England sorting out some personal business? :whistle:

Meteb is "Egypt's David Beckham" he is 25. It is Gomaa who will be 33. :)

Ah right, appologies., it's clear now!

I've read so many threads about Egyptians, getting a bit bogged down with it really. Can you believe I just merged yet again another new thread that was started about Emad. I can't believe the person failed to see the 8 pages of stuff on him already, it only has over 350 contributions and 22 and a half thousand views

Must have just slipped by undetected huh??? :grr:

Is this deal dead on its arse, its gone so quiet

i know everyone thinks due to egyptian hagglers its going to peter out

but we should rememeber if this guy comes we'l forget about nick carle in a flash.

this geezer looks absolutely class. Hes got everything! scores goals with both his feet, and head, got a 1 in 2 record at league and international level. And it aint just a couple of games its loads (61 in 119). bit of pace, bit of strength and can finish. People argue the african leagues are cack, but if your telling me the best player domestically on an entire football playing contitnent (06/07, and 2nd 07/08), wont make it into the city team then i will eat my hat!

Only conceivable problem here is the culture but our helpful egyptian administrator has already informed us he can understand a bit of english, and possibly offer up a few words. Chuck on the fact hes got a quality website, and hes a full on african superstar with media deals to boot and what more can you ask for. I'm kinda surprised weve even got him to apparently agree terms!

Come on GJ, lets get this deal done, you can do it.

OS, Yessir, Met3b Admin, Arn... anyone.... any news???????????????

Is this deal dead on its arse, its gone so quiet

i know everyone thinks due to egyptian hagglers its going to peter out

but we should rememeber if this guy comes we'l forget about nick carle in a flash.

this geezer looks absolutely class. Hes got everything! scores goals with both his feet, and head, got a 1 in 2 record at league and international level. And it aint just a couple of games its loads (61 in 119). bit of pace, bit of strength and can finish. People argue the african leagues are cack, but if your telling me the best player domestically on an entire football playing contitnent (06/07, and 2nd 07/08), wont make it into the city team then i will eat my hat!

Only conceivable problem here is the culture but our helpful egyptian administrator has already informed us he can understand a bit of english, and possibly offer up a few words. Chuck on the fact hes got a quality website, and hes a full on african superstar with media deals to boot and what more can you ask for. I'm kinda surprised weve even got him to apparently agree terms!

Come on GJ, lets get this deal done, you can do it.

OS, Yessir, Met3b Admin, Arn... anyone.... any news???????????????

Patience Jef ;):yes:

These things take a little time to comlete.

Not sure that ultimatum's mean that much in middle-east negotiations. Basically, they've got something they know we want, and will let us have it only when they are ready. The money's very much secondary from what our egyptian friend has been saying. If we try and force the issue, with deadlines and ultimatums etc, this will make the deal less likely to complete, I would have thought.

Not wishing to be hard on anyone at AG - especially as I obviously don't know if we have - but if we were considering doing business in Egypt should we not have employed (albeit on a short-term basis) someone experienced in concluding business deals (ideally for star centre-forward footballers ;) ) in Egypt?

• Admin
What was the first ultimatum other than the offer was valid for 5 days from the date of the fax - meaning 5 days to respond ?

Didn't the original offer state 5 days and non-negotiable?

If it did then we appear to have then negotiated.

If it didn't then I apologise, it would be just the one.

Not sure that ultimatum's mean that much in middle-east negotiations. Basically, they've got something they know we want, and will let us have it only when they are ready. The money's very much secondary from what our egyptian friend has been saying. If we try and force the issue, with deadlines and ultimatums etc, this will make the deal less likely to complete, I would have thought.

Not wishing to be hard on anyone at AG - especially as I obviously don't know if we have - but if we were considering doing business in Egypt should we not have employed (albeit on a short-term basis) someone experienced in concluding business deals (ideally for star centre-forward footballers ;) ) in Egypt?

We did. The agent on the letter was working for us. Thats what most people got messed up....he's brokering the deal..!

C'mon be fair - there aren't that many in the yellow pages

Anyway from what I understand the deal breaker is the payment terms

We offered three payments of £500k - Now / Jan 09 / May 09

They probaly want 100% now (for sure thats where I would start) - or at least 80/90% with a follow on payment for balance

If we are serious - and I assume we are or why make the initial offer - then all we need to do is up the terms - maybe two payments of 750k? - which we can now do thanks to Carle /Palarse and we should have our man.............or men if we still want his bodyguard of a defender mate

Guest redrebel
C'mon be fair - there aren't that many in the yellow pages

Anyway from what I understand the deal breaker is the payment terms

We offered three payments of £500k - Now / Jan 09 / May 09

They probaly want 100% now (for sure thats where I would start) - or at least 80/90% with a follow on payment for balance

If we are serious - and I assume we are or why make the initial offer - then all we need to do is up the terms - maybe two payments of 750k? - which we can now do thanks to Carle /Palarse and we should have our man.............or men if we still want his bodyguard of a defender mate

But our track record on going the extra mile for strikers is not good.The James Hayter attempted signing and the bloke at Hearts spring to mind.Shouldn't we have signed by now if we were going to get him

Guest Redfive
But our track record on going the extra mile for strikers is not good.

If you were in Egypt, working you balls off to get a deal done and then you read a comment like that, how would it make you feel?

Appreciated?

Doubt it.

But our track record on going the extra mile for strikers is not good.The James Hayter attempted signing and the bloke at Hearts spring to mind.Shouldn't we have signed by now if we were going to get him

We went to the wire for Hayter (I believe we offered £300k, a big deal for us at that time) but he didn't want to leave Bournemouth then. Only left them to rejoin Sean O'Driscoll at Donny. Pospisil turned us down in case we didn't get promotion. They are likely to have more regrets than us I suspect.

We were certainly persistent in chasing Lee Trundle, who didn't sign until 30th July.

All in all unfair comment I think. :disapointed2se:

We went to the wire for Hayter (I believe we offered £300k, a big deal for us at that time) but he didn't want to leave Bournemouth then. Only left them to rejoin Sean O'Driscoll at Donny. Pospisil turned us down in case we didn't get promotion. They are likely to have more regrets than us I suspect.

We were certainly persistent in chasing Lee Trundle, who didn't sign until 30th July.

All in all unfair comment I think. :disapointed2se:

Indeed. Good strikers at this level seem to be rarer than rocking horse shit.

More news on Metab, it seems that its an all or nothing for the Egyptian.

Cough up all the £1.5m or no deal. Personally I don't think the deal will go through now.

FilGoal News

Yeah that doesn't sound that good really! Has been a while although if Gj thinks he's worth that then I'm sure SL will back him but otherwise onwards goes our striker hunt.

If GJ wants him that bad then I'm sure we will pay the whole £1.5m in one lump sum. Maybe they are waiting for the Carle situation to resolve itself but if they are that keen and it looks like Tyson will be a no, then I cannot understand the hold up on that front.

Didn't Lansdown say if GJ approached him with a player that suited Bristol City and it was the right thing for Bristol Cit then he would back him? (or something along those lines).

We must have made a killing on the back end of last season. Sell out crowds, play offs, play off final, TV rights through out the season. I appreciate the Championship is more expensive, but if this deal does not happen, I fear we will not sign a striker pre-season.

It's all a bit odd at the moment.

• Admin
I appreciate the Championship is more expensive, but if this deal does not happen, I fear we will not sign a striker pre-season.

It was exactly the same last season. It's too early to worry yet.

If GJ wants him that bad then I'm sure we will pay the whole £1.5m in one lump sum. Maybe they are waiting for the Carle situation to resolve itself but if they are that keen and it looks like Tyson will be a no, then I cannot understand the hold up on that front.

Didn't Lansdown say if GJ approached him with a player that suited Bristol City and it was the right thing for Bristol Cit then he would back him? (or something along those lines).

We must have made a killing on the back end of last season. Sell out crowds, play offs, play off final, TV rights through out the season. I appreciate the Championship is more expensive, but if this deal does not happen, I fear we will not sign a striker pre-season.

I fully expect us to sign two strikers and I think both Tyson and Metab will sign, Johnson will want to replace Byfield and Showumni. Around £2.5m will secure both which probably would have been near what our summer tranfer budget would have been.

. . , . . . , . . . Basso

.Orr. . . .Carey.. . Fontaine . McCallister

Williams. . Elliot. . .Johnson. . .McIndoe

. . . . . . . Metab. . .Tyson

£1m difference upfront -

£0.5m for 6 months @ 8% = £20,000

£0.5m for 12 months @ 8% = £40,000

If we do sign him all upfront it would cost us an extra £60k (assuming 8% interest).

Egypt's current interest rate is 10% - to them it's like getting at least an extra £75k.

I'm not exactly convinced, yes he's scored goals at International level but only vs fellow African teams.

Also the style of play is different between the English League and African Leagues, I would imagine.

And £1.5million is a fair bit of money.

Now, there are strikers in the Euros whom I would be more comfortable with and may still be realistic options.

Another I am not sure about is Tyson...has he got major pedigree? Seems a bit odd that Forest, a team who just came up would sell him.

Chris and Dynamite red, I hope your right. I don't want another January where no strikers came in when we all shouted that it's what we needed most! :innocent06:

MM

We signed Adebola in January, who scored six, and was only outscored by Ebanks-Blake and Agyemang from all the strikers bought by Championship clubs in that window.

I'm not exactly convinced, yes he's scored goals at International level but only vs fellow African teams.

Also the style of play is different between the English League and African Leagues, I would imagine.

And £1.5million is a fair bit of money.

Now, there are strikers in the Euros whom I would be more comfortable with and may still be realistic options.

Another I am not sure about is Tyson...has he got major pedigree? Seems a bit odd that Forest, a team who just came up would sell him.

I think it's more a case that he has one year left on his contract and is refusing to sign a new one, so Forest have to decide whether to cash in now or lose him for nothing in a year.

£1m difference upfront -

£0.5m for 6 months @ 8% = £20,000

£0.5m for 12 months @ 8% = £40,000

If we do sign him all upfront it would cost us an extra £60k (assuming 8% interest).

Egypt's current interest rate is 10% - to them it's like getting at least an extra £75k.

Very true, and a very astute point to make.

Financing players on borrowed money takes a lot more thought and planning than just writing a cheque, and £60k is a very large amount of money. Still, it's small fry compared to top flight money, so personally, whilst i would negotiate to avoid it, it wouldn't be a deal breaker to me.

i think that we def have the money to pay it all up front.

one of the main issues could be club trying to save face as they don't want to appear pushovers.

Really hope this can go through, as it appears we may struggle to get Tyson (forest not keen to sell).

I'm sure theres other targets out there but these are obviously GJ's first choices, would be nice to get one at least.

The possibilities seem to be:

1. The Friday deadline has passed and the deal is dead;

2. Gary was bluffing on the deadline and negotiations continue;

3. Another club is in the frame;

3. Meteb is in fact in Bristol and the deal is imminent; :fingerscrossed:

4. Yessir is still stuck in a Cairo taxi.

Oh to be in the know. :disapointed2se:

Archived