IGNORED

Emad Meteb

internetjef

If you read that article in full you will note their interest has passed.

Yeah I know but wonder is if that was the "other big team" I've been reading about. This is the article found last night, the translation is not great so it's still hard to understand in English, make of it what you will, but this and fans reactions on their forums it sounds like he's coming.

In a new development, the striker Emad Meteb team chamionship I Ahli Club of Hadi Khashaba General Coordinator of the Commission on the ball Amble in reply to the English club Bristol City for several days, indicating that he expected an offer from a major European clubs refused to reveal his name, was tired and had approved To offer the English club.

For his part, Nader said Shawqi, Under-tired player that was not opposed to move to Bristol, but looking for a favor, and expected the best offer for him and who satisfy the aspirations of professionalism outside.

He added: in case the transmission of the club who are currently negotiating with him, it will head to England on July 12 next to undergo medical detection Club in Bristol, pointing out that officials of Bristol fully understand the position player, especially as these positions are often repeated in the professional world, is very ordinary .

He pointed out that the Bristol club had sent a letter to include the financial position player who would deal on which he turned professional in the event there, but the speech did not convince us for not writing on paper, which carries «logo» Special English club, as well as non-ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW any of the officials of the company's intermediate In the deal, and we have responded to the need to send a new letter from the club.

For his part, said Hadi Khashaba General Coordinator of the Commission on the ball that tired in a telephone call informing him of his wish to Amble in reply to Bristol and not rush, especially as it related to its future.

He added the theater: we do not find us but to comply with its wishes, waiting for the identification of a final decision in the next few days, and then offer the whole matter to officials of the Commission in order to take the ball as it sees fit.

Sounds to me like egyptian are trying to attract more bids at the last minute to hike the price.

set a long deadline for the medical (10 days) so everyone knows how long they have to get a bid in before he goes.

I'm really worried that this isnt going to happen. I think he has the potential be the best signing we have made in my time as a city fan (about 9 years). The fact that we are in serious end stage discussions with one of the best players on a continent just illustrates how ambitious we are.

I am praying this gets sorted. Phillips would be amazing aswell albeit more short term.

Id love to see a lightning quick streiker sign aswell, then wed have

meteb - finisher and all rounder

dele - power

trunds - flair

new signing - pace

that would give us all of gary's 'clubs in the bag' so to speak

Yeah I know but wonder is if that was the "other big team" I've been reading about. This is the article found last night, the translation is not great so it's still hard to understand in English, make of it what you will, but this and fans reactions on their forums it sounds like he's coming.

In a new development, the striker Emad Meteb team chamionship I Ahli Club of Hadi Khashaba General Coordinator of the Commission on the ball Amble in reply to the English club Bristol City for several days, indicating that he expected an offer from a major European clubs refused to reveal his name, was tired and had approved To offer the English club.

For his part, Nader said Shawqi, Under-tired player that was not opposed to move to Bristol, but looking for a favor, and expected the best offer for him and who satisfy the aspirations of professionalism outside.

He added: in case the transmission of the club who are currently negotiating with him, it will head to England on July 12 next to undergo medical detection Club in Bristol, pointing out that officials of Bristol fully understand the position player, especially as these positions are often repeated in the professional world, is very ordinary .

He pointed out that the Bristol club had sent a letter to include the financial position player who would deal on which he turned professional in the event there, but the speech did not convince us for not writing on paper, which carries «logo» Special English club, as well as non-ON INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW any of the officials of the company's intermediate In the deal, and we have responded to the need to send a new letter from the club.

For his part, said Hadi Khashaba General Coordinator of the Commission on the ball that tired in a telephone call informing him of his wish to Amble in reply to Bristol and not rush, especially as it related to its future.

He added the theater: we do not find us but to comply with its wishes, waiting for the identification of a final decision in the next few days, and then offer the whole matter to officials of the Commission in order to take the ball as it sees fit.

Do you have a link for the original Arabic? I have a friend who is fluent in arabic and is married to an egyptian.

This is the forum index, variuos posts on the subject

http://emadmet3b.fr-bb.com/montada-f2/

This is where that info has been added, first post in blue text

http://emadmet3b.fr-bb.com/montada-f2/topic-t23119.htm

Would be intrested to see what some of the other threads are about, seems like allot of farewells to Meteb and posts on if he actually went with the squad to Germany.

This one even gives a room number :noexpression:

Gary Johnson met the technical manager of the club with Bristol City striker Emad Meteb Ahli match after Egypt and Malawi in World Cup qualifiers to persuade the Egyptian striker to join the English club.

The newspaper said "football today" that Johnson met the players in room No. 462 ~ Hotel Novil airport and was offered a CD of the club who will play when the second class, too tired and impressed by the size of the public attending the games team and the club's facilities, which seeks to return for the league excellent - Albraimirlij.

The newspaper said the English coach also introduced the annexation and Ahli defender Wael Gomaa to Bristol City article 300 thousand pounds sterling. The expected response of the English club Al-Ahli responsibility after the meeting on Tuesday.

News Sobrkorh learnt that the English coach tiring day grace period to seal himself with the club management and the English club to get formal approval to join a special player and the club is negotiating the English striker named Tyson.

So varied reactions to the masses of Bristol, while some felt that the level of ordinary tired to the extent that one recipe striker boring, A. et al Song of the English player, to weigh walk like an Egyptian:

Guest HambrookRed

Gary Johnson met the technical manager of the club with Bristol City striker Emad Meteb Ahli match after Egypt and Malawi in World Cup qualifiers to persuade the Egyptian striker to join the English club.

The newspaper said "football today" that Johnson met the players in room No. 462 ~ Hotel Novil airport and was offered a CD of the club who will play when the second class, too tired and impressed by the size of the public attending the games team and the club's facilities, which seeks to return for the league excellent - Albraimirlij.

The newspaper said the English coach also introduced the annexation and Ahli defender Wael Gomaa to Bristol City article 300 thousand pounds sterling. The expected response of the English club Al-Ahli responsibility after the meeting on Tuesday.

News Sobrkorh learnt that the English coach tiring day grace period to seal himself with the club management and the English club to get formal approval to join a special player and the club is negotiating the English striker named Tyson.

So varied reactions to the masses of Bristol, while some felt that the level of ordinary tired to the extent that one recipe striker boring, A. et al Song of the English player, to weigh walk like an Egyptian:

I'm so confused :noexpression:

Is it just me or does the translation read like total and utter gibberish??? I have read it 4 or 5 times and still havent got a clue what it means!

:huh::unsure::wacko::bonkers:

They talk about Recipes at the end so maybe Delia is in with a late bid :noexpression:

It is confusing, maybe chesse can get more sense from it but the impression seems to be..

Meteb is in Germany Training they have a champions league match on Monday. The defender Gomaa bid may have risen and a loan option is possible, did see something about a game with Bayer on the 11th, or I think that's what it said..

Seems like...

1st para - Johnson met Metab after game to persuade him to join City

2nd para - Johnson brought CD with details of Ashton Gate, the crowd and his ambitions for returning to 'excellent league' - PREM

3rd para - Also possibilitilty of City signing fellow egyptian Wael Gomaa for 300k, we are waiting for acceptance (club or player) for 'special player' (maybe Phillips) and negotiating for Tyson

4th para - Different responses from City fans, some think hes ordinary striker where others have made songs for him....

Very interesting to say the least..... and exciting all the same!!!

It is confusing, maybe chesse can get more sense from it but the impression seems to be..

Meteb is in Germany Training they have a champions league match on Monday. The defender Gomaa bid may have risen and a loan option is possible, did see something about a game with Bayer on the 11th, or I think that's what it said..

Hopefully, me mates printed it out and has taken it home for his wife to translate - as she's Egyptian I'm hoping she'll make sense of it. Unfortunately his fluent Arabic wasn't up to it cos he said they use a lot of colloquialisms (sp). Personally I think we found him out!! ;-)

Do you have a link for the original Arabic? I have a friend who is fluent in arabic and is married to an egyptian.

My interpretation is:

1- BCFC only faxed an offer for the player and Al Ahly want a BCFC headed letter signed by SL or GJ.

2- Agent was waiting for another offer from a top european side but has given up on that now.

3- Player happy to join BCFC but we must meet his terms.

4- Terms were again faxed (not written) and they want it in writing.

5- The player will be in Bristol for a medical on July 12th but he could still change his mind if another offer comes in.

6- Agent says nothing will be rushed as it is the players long term furture he is sorting out.

BCAGFC

My interpretation is:

1- BCFC only faxed an offer for the player and Al Ahly want a BCFC headed letter signed by SL or GJ.

2- Agent was waiting for another offer from a top european side but has given up on that now.

5- The player will be in Bristol for a medical on July 12th but he could still change his mind if another offer comes in.

6- Agent says nothing will be rushed as it is the players long term furture he is sorting out.

BCAGFC

July 12th :crying: how many refresh hours is that???

My interpretation is:

BCAGFC

If this is all true I reckon we may end up pulling the plug!

If this is all true I reckon we may end up pulling the plug!

Nah, this is typical behavior. No doubt frustrating for all parties involved but this is simply how its done and how long it can take, plus things take that much longer in Africa than anywhere else work permits etc..but the great thing is you get a player who if was English, would command a fee of at least £3-4m, so imho its worth being patient for this guy.

if we are going to get two strikers wouldnt it be nice to land the other one now, so that we werent all so impatient about this one, it would settle us all down a bit knowing we had one solid addition

:fingerscrossed:

Sounds a bit like opening 1 present on Christmas Eve.... :tumbleweed:

Guest churchill gaffer
With all the hype about signings, today is meant to be the day that Kevin Phillips is unvailed as our new striker. I've heard through many people that this is going to happen. Hope it can happen as he's a proven goal scorer at this level. Forget your Tysons and players from abroad who are unproven, we need instant success. What are your feelings on this????

It will not happen!!!!!!

this is July! Not April the 1st!!!!!!

Guest churchill gaffer
With all the hype about signings, today is meant to be the day that Kevin Phillips is unvailed as our new striker. I've heard through many people that this is going to happen. Hope it can happen as he's a proven goal scorer at this level. Forget your Tysons and players from abroad who are unproven, we need instant success. What are your feelings on this????

Where is your coment on the so said egyptian deal?

The mods keep mashing all the similar threads together, so a lot of the posts make absolutely no sense!

Oakley might not have even mentioned the egyptian.

I agree.. I mean what on earth has Brian Flynn got to do with it anyway

Guest Ahmed
My interpretation is:

BCAGFC

There has been 2-3 recent incidents where "faked" faxes arrived to the club and to the Egyptian federation itself. I am not sure Ahly asked for it but it may be understandable if Ahly asked for letters not faxes. Yes, this IS unprofessional and inefficient but it is safer in these strange times that we are witnessing. I hope you get the deal as I would love to see the lad playing for a club like yours (which can truly reveal his potential).

There has been 2-3 recent incidents where "faked" faxes arrived to the club and to the Egyptian federation itself. I am not sure Ahly asked for it but it may be understandable if Ahly asked for letters not faxes. Yes, this IS unprofessional and inefficient but it is safer in these strange times that we are witnessing. I hope you get the deal as I would love to see the lad playing for a club like yours (which can truly reveal his potential).

Fake faxes? Does not surprise me at all considering the original fax was posted on the internet.. don't blame Ahly in that case for asking for written confirmation. I hope he signs soon because he looks as if he may be a great addition to the squad (and this has been going on for too long).

I typed Emad Met3b name into facebook, and found plenty of appeciation groups. But I did find someone who did not rate him, so I sent this person a message asking why.

His response was

I am not a fan of him because he is simply not good enough for my national team (egypt). For example in the last African cup he didn't score any goals. This could have been just bad luck but through the whole championship not one goal is frankly too much bad luck. I personally don't see him equal to the other players in the team eg. Amr Zaki (Probably going to Wegan), Ahmed Zidan (Hamborg), Abu Traika (Ahly).

Despite this it can't be denied that he is a great success with his team (Ahly). I seem to think that he doesn't function well with good defence because with his team he doesn't stop scoring against other egyptian clubs, but put him against some proper players eg. Cameroon, Cote di'Voire he is a totally different player.

Good luck with signing him, I hope he is an addition to your team.

I found this very interesting, and i'm disappointed to find he may not be a goalscorer??!!

FFS, it's normal business practice to follow-up a fax with the original hard copy in the post - this not science of the rocket :noexpression: All affords the egyptians more time to scout for alternative offers though I suppose - meanwhile he'll miss two weeks of 'bonding' and 'settling-in' time pre-season, minimum (probably more like 3-4), which is a shame.

Now go and wipe that egg of yer face!

I typed Emad Met3b name into facebook, and found plenty of appeciation groups. But I did find someone who did not rate him, so I sent this person a message asking why.

His response was

I found this very interesting, and i'm disappointed to find he may not be a goalscorer??!!

Thats just a view of one person, I would not read to much into it. Look how many people use to slag of Beckham. It's human nature to shoot people down the higher they climb.

Thats just a view of one person, I would not read to much into it. Look how many people use to slag of Beckham. It's human nature to shoot people down the higher they climb.

It is one persons view, but this player cant be a world beater, because he would'nt becoming to us if he was - its interesting to hear his weakness in his game as well as his strengths, is it not? If only not to get disappointed if hes not as good as we all think.

Edson, how's it going?

I would think it may go quiet on the betting front, however, if not; adds some spice.

BTW, can you do me a favour in your mod capacity? Can you copy your signature piccie in to the signature of the poster immediately your quoted post. It may help him BELIVE.

Good, thanks. :)

No response on the wager yet...

That sounds a bit technical. Tom doesn't let me do anything more than make the tea and I'm not great at that.

I decided to message a couple of Egyptians on Facebook like RIAZ did. I asked if they have heard any rumours that he may be on his way and what sort of striker he was. Here are the replies i recieved.....

Hello michael and welcome . first any body here in egypt know any thing second emad moteab is the best player in egypt at the position of Attacker .his Moves at this position are very Impressive I havent any more Information to tell u about thank u buy buy

and....

hi

emad is one of the best strikers in our contry

he is the best striker to follow the ball

and score he can recieve the ball under press

in egypt they said he may go 2 england

i think he will go so soon

Just thought i would share this with the rest of you.

I decided to message a couple of Egyptians on Facebook like RIAZ did. I asked if they have heard any rumours that he may be on his way and what sort of striker he was. Here are the replies i recieved.....

Hello michael and welcome . first any body here in egypt know any thing second emad moteab is the best player in egypt at the position of Attacker .his Moves at this position are very Impressive I havent any more Information to tell u about thank u buy buy

and....

hi

emad is one of the best strikers in our contry

he is the best striker to follow the ball

and score he can recieve the ball under press

in egypt they said he may go 2 england

i think he will go so soon

Just thought i would share this with the rest of you.

Nice pic of a palace player on your avatar

What happened with Cheese and his mates translation?

MM

I'm here, I'm here!! The gist of the stuff was that Metab had an offer from us but was expecting a better offer from a bigger club and he was hanging on for that. Don't know who the club were or when he was expecting it, but if it didn't come in then we were 2nd choice.

I'm here, I'm here!! The gist of the stuff was that Metab had an offer from us but was expecting a better offer from a bigger club and he was hanging on for that. Don't know who the club were or when he was expecting it, but if it didn't come in then we were 2nd choice.

Ah well if we are 2nd choice, I can't see Johnson hanging around for him. He wants players who want to play for the club.

oh if the report about him waitingis true that is.

NEXT!

Are you trying to imply that who ever i put as my avatar will leave, therefore making me some kind of bad luck charm, cursed type person?

If so, who should i put up there?

Meteb, Philips, Beckham, Joe Cole, etc.. any player you want to come not leave. Reverse effect?

Guest Cobby the red

All this talk is starting to get on my nerves he iether joins us this week or we don't bother. There

are a few clubs starting to sign players now.

If we are not careful we are going to be left behind with the rejects and O.A.Ps :disapointed2se::surrender:

All this talk is starting to get on my nerves he iether joins us this week or we don't bother. There

I don't think it'll be this week. according to our Egyptian friends he's due in bristol on july 12th for a medical.

Ok. The new avatar stays.

I went on to ask my 2 new Egyptian friends if Moteab is better than Mido and Amr Zaki. Here are their replies that don't really help....

of course

he better than mido

but zaki

is more lucky

and.......

look he is better than amr zaky but he has avery bad luck but he isn't better than mido because mido has avery strong body and very tall but motaeb is Sniper good bye i advise u to buy motaeb

Okay, i will buy Moteab.

I don't think it'll be this week. according to our Egyptian friends he's due in bristol on july 12th for a medical.

Plus they have a game Monday I believe, playing Zameleck in Champions League, would be interesting to see if Meteb and Agogo play.

Guest Cobby the red

So we now have to wait another week and this player will miss the first pre-season game and

getting to bond with his team mates :wacko:

Guest Ahmed

just a heads up for those who don't know, Meteb scored 22 goals in 44 matches for the Egyptian national team against those "quality" international defenders that another person referred to. That seems an excellent record for me.

I would also like to ask Bristol fans to calm down and enjoy some patience, these things take time especially with a big signing like Meted. Moreover, since Agogo went to Zamalek, we will need to look for a strong replacement (although we already have 3 international strikers)

just a heads up for those who don't know, Meteb scored 22 goals in 44 matches for the Egyptian national team against those "quality" international defenders that another person referred to. That seems an excellent record for me.

I would also like to ask Bristol fans to calm down and enjoy some patience, these things take time especially with a big signing like Meted. Moreover, since Agogo went to Zamalek, we will need to look for a strong replacement (although we already have 3 international strikers)

Thanks, can you confirm that you play Zamalek on Monday and do you have a game in Germany next Friday.

Oh and is Al-Ahli still training in Germany?

Will Cleopatra come to my Goblin grotto as part of the deal? :dancing6: ........

Cleopatra.jpg

So we now have to wait another week and this player will miss the first pre-season game and

getting to bond with his team mates :wacko:

Who says he misses the first pre season, fitness test on the 12th, game on the 12th. I'm guessing fitness tests aren't done in the evening?

Nearly spat a cup of tea all over my screen then. Quality :worship2:

Indeed, sheer class from NATCHER helping bring history to life. Perhaps they should remake the Carry On films with us as the star cast. "Carry On Cleopatra" - Bags me as Caesar to get Cleopatra pregnant. :winner_third_h4h: ....

CleopatraRoyalDiaries.jpg

Indeed, sheer class from NATCHER helping bring history to life. Perhaps they should remake the Carry On films with us as the star cast. "Carry On Cleopatra" - Bags me as Caesar to get Cleopatra pregnant. :winner_third_h4h: ....

CleopatraRoyalDiaries.jpg

Thought you wanted a Goblin in your Grotto from Cleo...

Guest redrebel

If we are not careful we are going to be left behind with the rejects and O.A.Ps :disapointed2se::surrender:

I think that's exactly what will happen.In recent years we have a habit of stating that we have striker targets but never seem to get out there and just sign them.It is bound to cost us in the long term.It is very very dissapointing when so much great work has been done to produce such a good team apart from the strikeforce.

:fastasleep: :fastasleep: :fastasleep: is it a week Saturday yet

Thought you wanted a Goblin in your Grotto from Cleo...

You've got me lusting even more for Cleopatra and I was born 2,000+ years too late to be able to meet and greet her. I can but dream of a Goblin in my Grotto from Cleo. I can but dream :tounge:

cleopatra.jpg

Archived