IGNORED

Sags Signing Of Duffy

Guest Bemmyboy

Guest Bemmyboy

Bound to be a fee involved because she only signed to RCA records last year.

Still as well as shoring up the midfield, her next album entitled "Duffy sings good night Irene" - the house version, the hip hop version, the disco version, etc, etc, ad ###### nauseam - is certain to go down a storm in the car boot sales of Fishponds and Kingswood.

Guest pepsi&shirley
Who's realy interested in what's happening in the third division?

Awww. Have you just joined the city bandwagon or suffer from short term memory loss.. :fish:

Guest walshy-shuffle-carl-shutt
I think Duffy is an excellent signing for the gas, will score goals in League One

funny smell around here :gasmask:

I think your right though duffy would score in league one....... probably have em all queuing up around the block to hear her dolcit tones.

funny smell around here :gasmask:

I think your right though duffy would score in league one....... probably have em all queuing up around the block to hear her dolcit tones.

What a ridculous thing to say, I'm suprised he wasnty picked up by a better club to be fair, as i said will score goals in that division.

Guest leedsred
What a ridculous thing to say, I'm suprised he wasnty picked up by a better club to be fair, as i said will score goals in that division.

Taxi for Bristolian 76..... get your coat son.

Guest pepsi&shirley
Maybe a taxi is required for you dad, i was commenting on the "I smell gas" remark.

I wasnt referring to the tedious joke about some two bit singer.

I thought someone was saying you looked good in hotpants..Surely it wasnt your dad,,, thats just wrong....son

Guest walshy-shuffle-carl-shutt
Maybe a taxi is required for you dad, i was commenting on the "I smell gas" remark.

I wasnt referring to the tedious joke about some two bit singer.

no offence meant mate just picked up on the fact you have supported since 1982 adn thought you may be a gashead. since looked at number of post you have made my mistake i stand corrected.

still al them same your a bit passionate about a gas signing arent you :D

Guest churchill gaffer

The sags managers think they will definately reach the play offs this coming season!

They think with the two so called great signings they have now got they will do it?

time will tell!? :disapointed2se:

Guest pepsi&shirley
The sags managers think they will definately reach the play offs this coming season!

They think with the two so called great signings they have now got they will do it?

time will tell!? :disapointed2se:

hello churchill. do you spout as much shite on here as you do on our forum???????....OOHHH YYEEESSS

Guest churchill gaffer
hello churchill. do you spout as much shite on here as you do on our forum???????....OOHHH YYEEESSS

There is nothing wrong with my statment!

Sware on your own forum!

I deffinatley think you will be a mid table side next season! IMO!

It's my oppinion!

Lets see if i'm wrong!

I don't think so!

And by the way, you said talk on your own site! Why are you not doing it then?

There is nothing wrong in my statements! It's all in my oppinion!

Thats what the sites are for!

Oh by the way, what happened to your Rugby Ground (IMO!)

Guest pepsi&shirley
There is nothing wrong with my statment!

Sware on your own forum!

I deffinatley think you will be a mid table side next season! IMO!

It's my oppinion!

Lets see if i'm wrong!

I don't think so!

And by the way, you said talk on your own site! Why are you not doing it then?

There is nothing wrong in my statements! It's all in my oppinion!

Thats what the sites are for!

Oh by the way, what happened to your Rugby Ground (IMO!)

:tumbleweed: :noexpression:

Guest pepsi&shirley
:tumbleweed:

Can you not spell! :disapointed2se::icecream: and :tumbleweed:

Can I not spell..Please look through your previous post.... Theres about 10 spelling mistakes. Perhaps you can forget school and live out your lifetime dream,, Being scrumpy the mascot. Good luck @scrumpy factor churchill...

Guest churchill gaffer
Can I not spell..Please look through your previous post.... Theres about 10 spelling mistakes. Perhaps you can forget school and live out your lifetime dream,, Being scrumpy the mascot. Good luck @scrumpy factor churchill...

If I wasat school, Why are talking like this to a minor? :disapointed2se:

Guest pepsi&shirley
If I wasat school, Why are talking like this to a minor? :disapointed2se:

Ok I don't fancy getting in a slagging match with you churchill.... But I would like to point out that some of your posts make no sense whatsoever and your spelling leaves a lot to be desired...

"Scrumpy wannabee churchill gaffer"

Guest churchill gaffer
Ok I don't fancy getting in a slagging match with you churchill.... But I would like to point out that some of your posts make no sense whatsoever and your spelling leaves a lot to be desired...

"Scrumpy wannabee churchill gaffer"

Why do you put yourself through this? Enjoy your own site!

Once again, it's all about oppinions!

Don't worry yourself.

Theres more important things in life!

And yes i'm not th best with computors!

no offence meant mate just picked up on the fact you have supported since 1982 adn thought you may be a gashead. since looked at number of post you have made my mistake i stand corrected.

still al them same your a bit passionate about a gas signing arent you :D

Not sure how commenting that Duffy is a half tidy league one player makes me passionate about the blue few, if i think a player theyve signed is decent ill say the same as if any other side signs a good un.

I no longer look on the gas as rivals, more a poor relation that i pity more than hate, bring on the Bluebirds, thats a proper hatred.

Are we talking about 'Patrick' Duffy 'The Man from Atlantis'? With his webbed hands & feet should come in handy playing at The Mem ground.

Or maybe its the Patrick Duffy who played Bobby Ewing in Dallas. Maybe he will wake up in the shower when he leaves the club in a few months to realize that it was all just a nightmare...

Maybe he will score a few but not enough to prevent another humiliating lowy finish for the gas.

Duffy can't be much cop if the gas managed to sign him and you'd have to question his ambition too.

It's dumbfounding why any player would ever choose to sign for Rovers unless they literally had no choice in order to continue their professional career.

Personally, in that scenario, I'd far rather to go non-league or just pack in the game completely.

Personally, in that scenario, I'd far rather to go non-league or just pack in the game completely.

I'm seeking to eliminate the Gas from all bookshelves. I have taken to going to bookshops which have Gas book items on sale and moving them to "comedy" or "fantasy and horror" sections.

Time for the Gas to pack in football altogether. :fingerscrossed:

Guest pepsi&shirley
I'm seeking to eliminate the Gas from all bookshelves. I have taken to going to bookshops which have Gas book items on sale and moving them to "comedy" or "fantasy and horror" sections.

Time for the Gas to pack in football altogether. :fingerscrossed:

Thats hardly eliminating gas books from all sheves though is it eh! Sounds to me as if you are putting them in different catagories therefore would probably still be on a shelf.

Guest pepsi&shirley
If there was no books, would shelves exist :noexpression:

Helen says hi :innocent06:

I'm not sure "ph" but i will go and think about it....

Hello Helen :D

If there was no books, would shelves exist :noexpression:

Helen says hi :innocent06:

Well you'd still have tea cups and other kitcheny type utensils to cater for as well as bathroom dwelling substances and weapons such as talcome powder, spare toothbrushes, flannels and the like. In fact our window sill even doubles up as a make-shift shelf (by the sink) although I'm not sure what came first; the shelf or the window sill? Technically I s'pose one could argue (badly) that all a shelf is is a window sill without a window.

Bearing all this in mind my answer to the profound mystery of ''If there was no books, would shelves exist?'' is a resounding 'Yes!' although we can only consider what Sciencests has already discovered concerning this and not what they haven't.

I hope this has successfully clarified my position on the connundrum and hi to Helen too.

I'm not a fan of this pre-season lark, does funny things to me

Well you'd still have tea cups and other kitcheny type utensils to cater for as well as bathroom dwelling substances and weapons such as talcome powder, spare toothbrushes, flannels and the like. In fact our window sill even doubles up as a make-shift shelf (by the sink) although I'm not sure what came first; the shelf or the window sill? Technically I s'pose one could argue (badly) that all a shelf is is a window sill without a window.

Bearing all this in mind my answer to the profound mystery of ''If there was no books, would shelves exist?'' is a resounding 'Yes!' although we can only consider what Sciencests has already discovered concerning this and not what they haven't.

I hope this has successfully clarified my position on the connundrum and hi to Helen too.

I'm not a fan of this pre-season lark, does funny things to me

A shelf is a window sill without a window.......it's just a sill surely :noexpression:

Your HI has been passed on orally to Helen, I await her response

Not sure how commenting that Duffy is a half tidy league one player makes me passionate about the blue few, if i think a player theyve signed is decent ill say the same as if any other side signs a good un.

I no longer look on the gas as rivals, more a poor relation that i pity more than hate, bring on the Bluebirds, thats a proper hatred.

Rovers will always be our main rivals. I look forward to that game more than any other.

Honestly.. how long do you think?????

Rovers aren't getting anywhere near the crowds they need to sustain league one football and are sailing ever closer to the wind financially. The mem development is dead in the water (always was), it will take a buyout for them to move forward and that doesn't look to be on the horizon.

I can't see Rovers getting promoted any time in the next few years, likewise can't see us getting relegated. I'd say there's more chance of us going up than either of those things occurring particularly if our stadium goes ahead.

I think the main danger either club faces is losing the manager.

Guest pepsi&shirley
How long's a piece of really sh1t, shambolic, laughing stock string?!

I did see a bit just like the way you have described under my sink.. it was around about 8-9 inches long...Why do you ask?? Do u need some???

I did see a bit just like the way you have described under my sink.. it was around about 8-9 inches long...Why do you ask?? Do u need some???

No thanks. You keep it my old love. Perhaps you can put it round your finger, tie a knot in it and make a wish. And perhaps you'd like to wish for your team to be playing in the Championship, have a manager widely described as the best outside the Premier League, 13,500 season ticket holders, a progressive and extremely clever chairman (who doesn't look dead) and a new stadium that WILL actually happen. That way you can confirm yourself in the same way as every other bitter and twisted gashead is........absolutely obsessed with the Red three quarters of the City of Bristol!!

Eight years. Long old time that, isn't it?!!

Fourteen years. Even longer!!!

Guest pepsi&shirley
No thanks. You keep it my old love. Perhaps you can put it round your finger, tie a knot in it and make a wish. And perhaps you'd like to wish for your team to be playing in the Championship, have a manager widely described as the best outside the Premier League, 13,500 season ticket holders, a progressive and extremely clever chairman (who doesn't look dead) and a new stadium that WILL actually happen. That way you can confirm yourself in the same way as every other bitter and twisted gashead is........absolutely obsessed with the Red three quarters of the City of Bristol!!

Bit harsh don't you think!!

I was going to let you borrow that bit of string I had aswell..

Guest pepsi&shirley

ignore

double post!

Serious question Pepsi & Shirley - how many season tickets are you lot claiming to have sold now? I know that there was a hiatus when the announcment came through about not proceeding with the ground development, not going to Cheltenham etc etc. I read lots at the time about supporters not renewing season tickets.

Just wondered whether everyone has now kissed and made up?

Guest pepsi&shirley
Serious question Pepsi & Shirley - how many season tickets are you lot claiming to have sold now? I know that there was a hiatus when the announcment came through about not proceeding with the ground development, not going to Cheltenham etc etc. I read lots at the time about supporters not renewing season tickets.

Just wondered whether everyone has now kissed and made up?

Season tickets?? unsure but not many more than 3000 i shouldnt have thought. I think most of them have gone in the last week or 2!!

The signings of Jeff Hughes,Darryl Duffy, Hunt (a youngster from whu), bringing in Wayne Andrews and the promise of 2 more players and getting rid of some of the shite we got whilst keeping our best players seem to have sprung a few people into action with their season tickets...And a few more who said they would not renew now have or said they will..

Every position we needed strengthening in we have apart from right wing imo!!

People are now now a lot more optimistic after these signings than they/I were 2 weeks ago....

Before you lot start abusing me and saying who cares...I was just answering the question

Season tickets?? unsure but not many more than 3000 i shouldnt have thought. I think most of them have gone in the last week or 2!!

The signings of Jeff Hughes,Darryl Duffy, Hunt (a youngster from whu), bringing in Wayne Andrews and the promise of 2 more players and getting rid of some of the shite we got whilst keeping our best players seem to have sprung a few people into action with their season tickets...And a few more who said they would not renew now have or said they will..

Every position we needed strengthening in we have apart from right wing imo!!

People are now now a lot more optimistic after these signings than they/I were 2 weeks ago....

Before you lot start abusing me and saying who cares...I was just answering the question

........who cares..

No, actually i do. 3,000 season tickets!!! I'd be surprised if it was any near that amount. King of wishful thinking you Pepsi. Nice to meet an optimistic gashead though. Few and far between amongst the doom merchants north of the Feeder Moat!!

With regard to your signings. Duffy - League One reserve striker. Jeff Hughes - Championship reserve midfielder with zero first team experience. Hunt - 12 yrs old. Wayne Andrews - Duff injured Championship reject. I can see why you lot sprung into action to grab your season tickets now (assuming you've got one of course)!! What a exciting collective!!

Guest pepsi&shirley
........who cares..

No, actually i do. 3,000 season tickets!!! I'd be surprised if it was any near that amount. King of wishful thinking you Pepsi. Nice to meet an optimistic gashead though. Few and far between amongst the doom merchants north of the Feeder Moat!!

With regard to your signings. Duffy - League One reserve striker. Jeff Hughes - Championship reserve midfielder with zero first team experience. Hunt - 12 yrs old. Wayne Andrews - Duff injured Championship reject. I can see why you lot sprung into action to grab your season tickets now (assuming you've got one of course)!! What a exciting collective!!

we sold 2900 is what i heard today!! regarding our signings,,I am very happy with them,,, They will be the better players in this division and added to the decent players that we already have defensively and lambert these attacking options look perfect..... :noexpression:

regarding our signings,,I am very happy with them,,, They will be the better players in this division and added to the decent players that we already have defensively and lambert these attacking options look perfect..... :noexpression:

Nothing more than building a squad to attempt to consolidate in the basement the season after next after your inevitable relegation.

No decent footballer would ever sign for the gas.

Guest pepsi&shirley
Nothing more than building a squad to attempt to consolidate in the basement the season after next after your inevitable relegation.

No decent footballer would ever sign for the gas.

That is your opinion! And you are entitled to it! My personal opinion is that With somebody who could have put the ball in the net last season apart from lambert up front we would have been nearing the play offs..But this is just my opinion and I am entitled to it! We have brought in all the players the fans wanted brought in..So we cant really moan at the moment even though 50% of them still will.

"No decent footballer would ever sign for the gas" :tumbleweed:

You were in our division just over a year ago.. Until you maintain your position or go up in the next few years you will only be that same city who are a league above us who can be caught and beat.....This is not Man City-Man utd....

Guest pepsi&shirley
Duffy is a good league 2 striker. Andrews is a crock. You best hope Hunt turns out to be able beyond his years.

Walker was a fantastic league 2 striker..That is why he is no longer with us.. In LL & PT we trust!

Guest pepsi&shirley
Doesnt quite have the same ring as GJ......

Ive not seen any of theirs! But if you have seen all 3 then ill take your word for it!

That is your opinion! And you are entitled to it! My personal opinion is that With somebody who could have put the ball in the net last season apart from lambert up front we would have been nearing the play offs..But this is just my opinion and I am entitled to it! We have brought in all the players the fans wanted brought in..So we cant really moan at the moment even though 50% of them still will.

"No decent footballer would ever sign for the gas" :tumbleweed:

You were in our division just over a year ago.. Until you maintain your position or go up in the next few years you will only be that same city who are a league above us who can be caught and beat.....This is not Man City-Man utd....

'only' a league above you?! What happened to Dunford's glorious plan in 1998 (just after you so shamelessly stole your ground from Bristol Rugby) of turning Rovers into the Bristol superpower?! I do vividly rememeber being told by numerous gasheads at the time that it would be a matter of time before that was the case! Obviously they have no concept of time and Dunford's plan turned sour (see what i did there?)!!

I reitarate my previous points on your recent signings. Distinctly average to say the least.

Guest pepsi&shirley
'only' a league above you?! What happened to Dunford's glorious plan in 1998 (just after you so shamelessly stole your ground from Bristol Rugby) of turning Rovers into the Bristol superpower?! I do vividly rememeber being told by numerous gasheads at the time that it would be a matter of time before that was the case! Obviously they have no concept of time and Dunford's plan turned sour (see what i did there?)!!

I reitarate my previous points on your recent signings. Distinctly average to say the least.

Right red fred...So for league 1 which players would you have brought in?????? We needed a left sided midfielder/ winger so we brought in Jeff Hughes from Palace for £120,000 which looks a bargain to me as he will be a great player for us... We then brought in Darryl Duffy a quick striker to play alongside or in front of Rickie Lambert for £100,000. Wayne Andrews for experience and a young but apparantly extremely skilful Ben Hunt... LL&PT + the board have set their sights at the top of this division and that is where we are heading!!! Our problem has been scoring so weve bought attacking players..Simple really...

Right red fred...So for league 1 which players would you have brought in?????? We needed a left sided midfielder/ winger so we brought in Jeff Hughes from Palace for £120,000 which looks a bargain to me as he will be a great player for us... We then brought in Darryl Duffy a quick striker to play alongside or in front of Rickie Lambert for £100,000. Wayne Andrews for experience and a young but apparantly extremely skilful Ben Hunt... LL&PT + the board have set their sights at the top of this division and that is where we are heading!!! Our problem has been scoring so weve bought attacking players..Simple really...

Right said fred.......you were into them many years ago :innocent06:

You could have signed big Enoch, no wait, he wants to play for a BIG club :noexpression:

Sorry coke&shirley, I feel you will be mid table come the end of the season......if your lucky :whistle2:

Right Pesky and Shirty. I need not concern myself with League 1 players, thank you all the same. All very hypothetical what you say though. However the factual remark is with regard to Rovers scoring ability, or lack of. If a 12 year old boy, a crock and striker that couldn't make it into a top of the table side can take you to the top of the table then i know absolutely **** all about football!! Not that you need to be Arsene Wenger to understand LL & PT's master plan is fundementally flawed!!

Any rumour that its been so long since your Directors dipped there hands in their pockets for players that the tried to pay for your new 'top of the table players' in shillings?!

Guest pepsi&shirley
Right Pesky and Shirty. I need not concern myself with League 1 players, thank you all the same. All very hypothetical what you say though. However the factual remark is with regard to Rovers scoring ability, or lack of. If a 12 year old boy, a crock and striker that couldn't make it into a top of the table side can take you to the top of the table then i know absolutely **** all about football!! Not that you need to be Arsene Wenger to understand LL & PT's master plan is fundementally flawed!!

c

Any rumour that its been so long since your Directors dipped there hands in their pockets for players that the tried to pay for your new 'top of the table players' in shillings?!

belfastcityfag & deadfred! I suppose with this sort of debate I can only say the we can agree to disagree and wait for the outcome in a few months time!!

Thanks for listening :noexpression:

belfastcityfag & deadfred! I suppose with this sort of debate I can only say the we can agree to disagree and wait for the outcome in a few months time!!

Thanks for listening :noexpression:

Well Pipsqueak and Shirtlifter. It was enjoyable to debate with such a blindly optimistic gashead. A rare breed amongst you doom merchants. And as for the 3000 season ticket holders, its a marvellous achievement and as one of my Rovers 'chums' said to me yesterday upon hearing this news: ''if you were as sh1t as us, you too would think 3000 was good''. I can't fail to agree!

See you in December when you're world of w4nk signings is crashing down around your ears x x x x

Guest pepsi&shirley
Well Pipsqueak and Shirtlifter. It was enjoyable to debate with such a blindly optimistic gashead. A rare breed amongst you doom merchants. And as for the 3000 season ticket holders, its a marvellous achievement and as one of my Rovers 'chums' said to me yesterday upon hearing this news: ''if you were as sh1t as us, you too would think 3000 was good''. I can't fail to agree!

See you in December when you're world of w4nk signings is crashing down around your ears x x x x

Dead fred,

We need to be optimistic!!!!!!.....Your chum is correct 3000 is good when you are as shit as us! But what your chum is not remembering is that both rovers and city have been in far worse positions than we are now!! And when we were down in these worse places we were OPTIMISTIC that we'd get out of the shit!! And what happened....We got out of the shit...

"Pessimism never won any battle"

Dead fred,

We need to be optimistic!!!!!!.....Your chum is correct 3000 is good when you are as shit as us! But what your chum is not remembering is that both rovers and city have been in far worse positions than we are now!! And when we were down in these worse places we were OPTIMISTIC that we'd get out of the shit!! And what happened....We got out of the shit...

"Pessimism never won any battle"

WOW, did you find that in a christmas cracker from Marks and sparks?? :noexpression:

Guest pepsi&shirley
WOW, did you find that in a christmas cracker from Marks and sparks?? :noexpression:

Morning mr h.

Never judge a leopard by its cover mate! And leave no bush unturned! :noexpression:

P&S, they're rubbish signings, no decent player would ever sign for the gas. Put it this way, if City had signed such players when we were last in that division I would have been livid.

3,000 season tickets is appalling but it just shows the understandable ever dwindling interest in Rovers from Bristolians.

I think you'll just have to accept people don't warm to Rovers at all, they put their fingers in their ears to your obnoxious dirge of a club song, they heartily resent the fact that you have taken ownership of the Rugby clubs' rightful Ground, they c**k a snook at your foul quartered shirts, they are turning their backs on you in disgust at your monstrous attempts at "football" and they will keep their money in their pockets rather than be seen anywhere near your pit of a ground.

The people's club in Bristol is the mighty Bristol City F.C., that will never change, the gap will get wider and wider and no doubt in a couple of years you will be yearning for the days when you could count your season ticket holders even at a paltry 3,000.

Ever upwards with The Reds, the future of football in Bristol. :city:

Archived