IGNORED

Brookers Diet

dargla

Was just browsing Web when I came across a Peterborough newspaper with a review of our 2 - 1 win.

This is just a part of it, which I thought was very harsh "a close-range header from a corner six minutes from time by Steve Brooker, a man who looks as though he's dieted on cake and chips for most of his life."

Yes I must admit we were poor that night but damn...

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/P...an-a.4384436.jp

Name: Steve Brooker

Height: 6' 0" (183cm)

Weight: 14st 0lbs (88.98kg)

Body Mass Index: 26.6

Body Description: Overweight

Name: Lee Trundle

Height: 6' 0" (183cm)

Weight: 11st 6lbs (72.64kg)

Body Mass Index: 21.8

Body Description: In Normal Range

Name: Lee Johnson

Height: 5' 6" (168cm)

Weight: 10st 7lbs (66.74kg)

Body Mass Index: 24.5

Name: Ivan Sproule

Height: 5' 8" (173cm)

Weight: 11st 9lbs (74.0kg)

Body Mass Index: 24.7

There's the 3 highest according to the BMI and I thought to give Trundle as a comparison. McCombe is reasonably close to being underweight!

Exactly not only that but when I reached 11st 6 earlier in the year it said I was of normal weight but it did not feel like it, it said i could go to something like 12 stone and be fine.

I am 10 stone 2 now probably a bit underweight but not according to the bmi. Not that it is of any interest to anyone.

In fairness the BMI is b***ocks because it takes no account of muscle mass.

Exactly, I boxed in the Army at 15st 7lbs and looked sickly and that was at 6ft. I played rugby union and/or soccer at around 110kg/16st 7lbs. A sports Physio said I was heavy boned, many good boxers/rugby players look a little boney, but weigh in heavy.

Unfortunately many sports fans equate their weight/shape with athletes. Brookers 6ft/14stone is solid mass, he puts himself about and defenders are soon aware of his impact.

Guest Captain Chaos
Was just browsing Web when I came across a Peterborough newspaper with a review of our 2 - 1 win.

This is just a part of it, which I thought was very harsh "a close-range header from a corner six minutes from time by Steve Brooker, a man who looks as though he's dieted on cake and chips for most of his life."

Sod all wrong with Cake and Chips if it bags you two in two (and both were winners).

Guest walshy-shuffle-carl-shutt

Just sour grapes by the journo who couldnt think of anything that best describes his anger and dissaponitment.

May have been better to say they was robbed and on balance you could agree with that in the first 60mins but football is 90mins plus.

In conclusion chips and cakes all round if they all score.

BTW did anyone notice the freekick towards the EE where carey was the only bloke up and then was repeated for the goal well worked set piece from the trainig ground. I think Carey will have his best return on goals this season 7-10 who take the bet???

And who stopped City from reaching the Premier League with Hull's only goal? Exactly, there a quite a few good players who carry extra weight - Trundle was at his most profiling whilst being a fatso. Odd I know, but some players benefit from a little more bulk. Both Trundle and Brooker don't have the pace, but they have the control.

Guest spectator

Amazing.if they lose, he's our fat slob, but if he plays for them and they win, he's a muscular winning machine, tuned to perfection like a World Championship winning Formula One Racing Car !

And who stopped City from reaching the Premier League with Hull's only goal? Exactly, there a quite a few good players who carry extra weight - Trundle was at his most profiling whilst being a fatso. Odd I know, but some players benefit from a little more bulk. Both Trundle and Brooker don't have the pace, but they have the control.

Good point, well made. Le Tissier was haedly twiggy, but what class!!!

Guest DR DICKNOSE

theres nothing wrong with cake & chips.

Archived