IGNORED

Trundle

rockin-robin

I personally think it would be a crying shame to see him go - he has the potential to be one of City's greats - Dziekanowski was labelled lazy, but we loved him.

Each time yesterday afternoon when Mcindoe or Johnson were sat in front of QPR's back 4, wondering what to do, I wondered whether anyone else missed the creativity of Trundle or Noble? I'm no analyst, but felt we missed the creativity that those two provide.

What ever is going on after yesterdays performance we need something extra up front or a creative mid-fielder. Its just because we aint finishing of teams i know its only 4 games in and were still unbeaten etc.... but imo we have lost 4 points in our two home games. We were all over Derby in the first half and only got the 1 goal and 2nd half of Qpr game we were all over them and they had only 10 men but same result only 1 goal not good enough.

It's all down to value for money. He cost a huge fee (by our standards), presumably is on big wages, and however rose-tinted your glasses, he has just not delivered. At best, he is just a useful squad member, but we should expect more than that for what he is costing, and from the players point of view, at this stage of his career he needs to be playing most weeks. I doubt that he will move on loan to a Championship team, more likely drop into League One. Nothing against him, it's just a move that has not worked out for either the player or the Club, it possibly came a couple of years too late for him.

It's all down to value for money. He cost a huge fee (by our standards), presumably is on big wages, and however rose-tinted your glasses, he has just not delivered. At best, he is just a useful squad member, but we should expect more than that for what he is costing, and from the players point of view, at this stage of his career he needs to be playing most weeks. I doubt that he will move on loan to a Championship team, more likely drop into League One. Nothing against him, it's just a move that has not worked out for either the player or the Club, it possibly came a couple of years too late for him.

Thats exactly right.

With hindsight Johnson took a gamble on shelling out a million on Trundle. He obviously thought that Trundle would be able to step up and perform in the CCC but he was wrong. Apart from the odd show here and there Trundle has disapointed.Its not as if Johnson didn't give him a chance either.He had had plenty of time to adjust but simply couldn't make the step up.

If he goes back to Swansea and it suits all three parties then I have no problem with him leaving AG.I just wonder whether Swansea actually need him back.

Thats exactly right.

With hindsight Johnson took a gamble on shelling out a million on Trundle. He obviously thought that Trundle would be able to step up and perform in the CCC but he was wrong. Apart from the odd show here and there Trundle has disapointed.Its not as if Johnson didn't give him a chance either.He had had plenty of time to adjust but simply couldn't make the step up.

If he goes back to Swansea and it suits all three parties then I have no problem with him leaving AG.I just wonder whether Swansea actually need him back.

I haven't seen anything anywhere that Swansea are looking at LT?

His continued non-inclusion baffles me.

Baffles you maybe but not many other City fans who are able to be objective about Trundle.

Bottom line - 6 goals all season for a million quid. Not enough despite Johnson sticking with him for probably too long.

Baffles you maybe but not many other City fans who are able to be objective about Trundle.

Bottom line - 6 goals all season for a million quid. Not enough despite Johnson sticking with him for probably too long.

Trundle will come good, of that i'm sure. He failed to live up to expectations last season but showed against Preston on the final day that when he gets that buzz about him what a quality footballer he is.

Johnson saw something in him to spend a million on him and that was justification alone for sticking by him last season. I think the next time we see him play we will see a man that is mentally and physically prepared for the Championship and i've no doubt that it will be soon.

It's too easy to write someone off without giving them the full benefit of the doubt. Lets give LT that benefit shall we

I personally think it would be a crying shame to see him go - he has the potential to be one of City's greats - Dziekanowski was labelled lazy, but we loved him.

Each time yesterday afternoon when Mcindoe or Johnson were sat in front of QPR's back 4, wondering what to do, I wondered whether anyone else missed the creativity of Trundle or Noble? I'm no analyst, but felt we missed the creativity that those two provide.

At the end of last season City were playing a fast, creative, chance producing passing game and Trundle and Noble were at the heart of it.

We're not playing with that style now.

Trundle and Noble offer something different and I'll be really disappointed if Trundle in particular is not given a sustained opportunity.

For one thing I want entertainment, and secondly we miss the superb goals these two are capable of.

As for those who say Trundle has had sufficient chances to impress, I disagree. He had very few prolonged spells in the team and when given a chance when fully fit at the end of the season was outstanding.

I see no reason why he didn't start this season in the first team after his displays in May.

At City we have a great team of whole hearted triers who will get a good amount of hard fought points but they need the extra spark, skill and unpredictability of a player like Trundle to break teams down and turn draws into victories.

Guest compo99

was in Clifton last night and bumped into Kieth Millen he said when i asked about trundle "he is not going anywhere we just need to get him fit"

was in Clifton last night and bumped into Kieth Millen he said when i asked about trundle "he is not going anywhere we just need to get him fit"

Good. Give him a fine for whatever it was and let's see magic daps back in the side bamboozling championship defenders with his superb close-control play.

How on earth can Trundle not be fit, what else is there for a professional footballer to think about other than to keep themselves fit and practise skills.

It's not as if he's young and doesn't understand the routines of a footballer, it's basic stuff, if he isn't taking his career seriously enough perhaps we should let him go find another club that will accept this behaviour.

I'm flabbergasted if that is true.

How on earth can Trundle not be fit, what else is there for a professional footballer to think about other than to keep themselves fit and practise skills.

It's not as if he's young and doesn't understand the routines of a footballer, it's basic stuff, if he isn't taking his career seriously enough perhaps we should let him go find another club that will accept this behaviour.

I'm flabbergasted if that is true.

I was flabbergasted towards the end of last season when Trundle announced that he had lost some weight and was fit.....

Guest ashtonyate

If you are going to buy older players they need to be tried and tested in the league you are playing in, you cannot take a gamble with a 31 year old just in case he comes good.

I was a daft buy now we seem to be looking at younger player I think that's the right road to take but they need to be given the service and time to come good,and I still am amazed by the way some fans stick by Trundle he comes across as a nice man but that's not what we paid all that money.

Guest TrundleIsGod

I would be hugely disappointed if this is the case...not completely surprised, but still disappointed.

And all these people saying that he just didn't cut it in the Championship, he got 6 goals in 20 (14) matches. The (14) is probably equivalent to maybe 4 full mathces in time played on the pitch. Therefore he got 6 in 24 (crude calculations, I know). That's 1 in 4...which for your first season in a new league with a new club isn't too bad, in my opinion.

And with people comparing him to Maynard in terms of goals per game and cost etc etc (which in my opinion is pointless - the two players are completely different...how many assists will Marnard get this season? How many did Trundle get?). But if people do want to look at it in that way, Maynard has played in, what, 6 matches so far, scored once. That's 1 in 6. If you include all of Lee's appearances from the bench last season, therefore 34, he got 6 in 34. And that, is just slightly better than 1 in 6.

The only reason I made the comparison between Maynard and Trundle is because I want people to realise how ridiculous it is to try and compare the two players...even if you are just comparing them on the basis that it was/is their first season in the Championship, and at a new club.

we did try trundle in the style we play, look at the swans they had a few years trundle top scorer get near the play offs and then suddenly loose him and then get automatic next season cocidence I'm not sure I think I'd rather see the team playing the way they do than just around one player thanks.

Watching Sky sports and analysis of where Gerrard should play for Liverpool. They say central midfield as he can do a bit of everything and the TEAM SHOULD BE BUILT AROUND GERRARD.

You can build teams and play around certain players IF they offer enough in return. As we don't have anyone who has scored plus 20 goals in a season for CIty since, I think, Scott Murray many years ago, then anyone who comes to City with a record of 20 plus goals a season should mean we adapt ourselves to let them continue in that vain for Bristol CitY. WHY WOULDN'T WE???

Guest wsmreds
Very bad news IMO.

Just shows that no matter how good GJ is.he cannot sign a decent goal scorer.

Shame really.

would rather keep trundle and play him instead of maynard- think maynards needs to play of the bench as the four games ive seen him so far he looks weak and finding it hard up a level -i do like the lad but he needs to be stronger -every time he went for the ball yesterday he ended up on his arse get him in gym gj

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_4073950,00.html, sorry if this my have been brought up before

They have thought that because trundle isnt playing he will want to leave us and not try ro get his place back.

Even though Johson has said on the OS that trundle isnt leaving, just stupid rumours to be honest.

Lee Trundle WILL have his chance.

Weren't we asked by a mod and Willsbridge Red sorry Moomin whatever, to not talk about this.

Come on guys, it's a forum, don't be controversial.

I'm sure that the BEP will keep us up to speed with honest, accurate coverage if needed.

Watching Sky sports and analysis of where Gerrard should play for Liverpool. They say central midfield as he can do a bit of everything and the TEAM SHOULD BE BUILT AROUND GERRARD.

You can build teams and play around certain players IF they offer enough in return. As we don't have anyone who has scored plus 20 goals in a season for CIty since, I think, Scott Murray many years ago, then anyone who comes to City with a record of 20 plus goals a season should mean we adapt ourselves to let them continue in that vain for Bristol CitY. WHY WOULDN'T WE???

I'm sorry mate, but LT isn't good enough for us to build our team around him.....wise up man!

I wish he would go TBH because I am sick of the razmataz that surrounds a player who has been nothing more than a failure, and all we have got from last season was upteen excuses from posters on here on why he hasn't been a success. I will tell you why he hasn't been a success.......plain and simple, he ain't good enough at this level!!!!

I'm sorry mate, but LT isn't good enough for us to build our team around him.....wise up man!

I wish he would go TBH because I am sick of the razmataz that surrounds a player who has been nothing more than a failure, and all we have got from last season was upteen excuses from posters on here on why he hasn't been a success. I will tell you why he hasn't been a success.......plain and simple, he ain't good enough at this level!!!!

He was one of our best players at the end of last season, deserves his chance, and will get it in time.

I would be hugely disappointed if this is the case...not completely surprised, but still disappointed.

And all these people saying that he just didn't cut it in the Championship, he got 6 goals in 20 (14) matches. The (14) is probably equivalent to maybe 4 full mathces in time played on the pitch. Therefore he got 6 in 24 (crude calculations, I know). That's 1 in 4...which for your first season in a new league with a new club isn't too bad, in my opinion.

And with people comparing him to Maynard in terms of goals per game and cost etc etc (which in my opinion is pointless - the two players are completely different...how many assists will Marnard get this season? How many did Trundle get?). But if people do want to look at it in that way, Maynard has played in, what, 6 matches so far, scored once. That's 1 in 6. If you include all of Lee's appearances from the bench last season, therefore 34, he got 6 in 34. And that, is just slightly better than 1 in 6.

The only reason I made the comparison between Maynard and Trundle is because I want people to realise how ridiculous it is to try and compare the two players...even if you are just comparing them on the basis that it was/is their first season in the Championship, and at a new club.

Not actually true, he scored 5 goals (one of those a penalty) in 21 starts plus 14 sub league appearances, plus one goal in 3 play off starts, which equates to more like 6 goals in 30 games, which for our big money signing of last summer is a very poor return.

This pre season he managed to score just 2 penalties in his 7 appearances against a variety of lower league, non league and Portuguese second divison sides, which to me goes a very long way to explaining why he's now clearly our 4th choice striker.

We only have a small group of out-and-out attackers at the club - if Brooks and/or Trunds wanted away from the city because they aren't getting a regular start right now that would be completely lunatic. What other club (of an equal or better standing) could they go to where there was less competition for a starting place?

Not actually true, he scored 5 goals (one of those a penalty) in 21 starts plus 14 sub league appearances, plus one goal in 3 play off starts, which equates to more like 6 goals in 30 games, which for our big money signing of last summer is a very poor return.

This pre season he managed to score just 2 penalties in his 7 appearances against a variety of lower league, non league and Portuguese second divison sides, which to me goes a very long way to explaining why he's now clearly our 4th choice striker.

Correct

He was one of our best players at the end of last season, deserves his chance, and will get it in time.

Why is it that some fans can't see past a few tricks and the occaisional spectacular goal?

Thats pretty much what Trundle produced last season.

City have had a few tricksters over year - none of whom were the dosh imo.

Why is it that some fans can't see past a few tricks and the occaisional spectacular goal?

To be fair to LT, he did more than that at the end of the last season and he showed he could be a quality striker.

Question is, could he be that quality striker consistently?? I think not and I would have him as 4th choice striker as I think the other strikers are better.

Although it's obvious he's not going to score 20 goals a season at this level, Trundle is a good player who offers something different in terms of trickery to anyone else. It's also worth remembering that his best performances last season came when we played to his strengths - giving him the ball to feet to run at defenders.

If an offer was made and it was a good deal financially I'd let him go (because of his age) but I think he could play a useful part this season.

Although it's obvious he's not going to score 20 goals a season at this level, Trundle is a good player who offers something different in terms of trickery to anyone else. It's also worth remembering that his best performances last season came when we played to his strengths - giving him the ball to feet to run at defenders.

If an offer was made and it was a good deal financially I'd let him go (because of his age) but I think he could play a useful part this season.

Distributing the half time oranges through the medium of chest passes........ :icecream:

Guest pepsi&shirley
Distributing the half time oranges through the medium of chest passes........ :icecream:

Ph.. Whay are they deleting my posts..I only said that it was typical of you..And to be honest I didnt read all of the thread so not too sure what i was commenting on..Still that was typical of you though,,Whatever it was

Ph.. Whay are they deleting my posts..I only said that it was typical of you..And to be honest I didnt read all of the thread so not too sure what i was commenting on..Still that was typical of you though,,Whatever it was

same happened to me.....

unfortunately though some people just have to randomly pick on a player constantly until they have left the club, it's very much a constant of this poster, currently Trundle is the one he wants to pick on, despite the fact he hasn't actually seen him more than a few times

You appear to have answered your own question there.

same happened to me.....

unfortunately though some people just have to randomly pick on a player constantly until they have left the club, it's very much a constant of this poster, currently Trundle is the one he wants to pick on, despite the fact he hasn't actually seen him more than a few times

I am not picking on anyone, merely stating facts, which I might add are supported by others who do see him each week. (Usually performing tricks on the side lines) You just like to focus on the fact that I reside in Belfast, therefore my comments/opinions are not vaild

Pretty sad if you ask me :disapointed2se:

P.S. My is Peter, or Belfastcityfan....rather than "poster" :innocent06:

If I randomly pick players to "pick on", can you name others please?

Archived