IGNORED

Two Goals Two Assists

The Humble Realist

Well done Trundle and well done Williams tonight, iv criticised both so prepared to eat humble pie.

Lets hope after setting up both the Dele doubters wil do the same

Adebola had a monster of a 60mins tonight!

worked hard as ever, as with others though, needs some consistency, though would help if he is played with a regular partner each week.

after so long of it being said on here, Adebola and Trundle is hopefully a partnership that can get goals together and with a player like Maynard to run teams into the ground, things are looking VERY GOOD

Well done Trundle and well done Williams tonight, iv criticised both so prepared to eat humble pie.

Lets hope after setting up both the Dele doubters wil do the same

Dele is a top top striker at this level defenders hate him very very good signing by GJ THE GUY IS A TOP PRO.

I think in a strange way this could be a good scenario for Maynard, i know he is proabaly peed off at starting on the bench two games in a row however this could work out well for him. The lad is obviously taking time to adapt to the champiosnhip so playing second fiddle to Trundle and Dele could inafact ease him in better to the club instaed of being thrusted in and expected to score hat tricks every week.

With Maynard Dele and Trundle we have 3 quality striker, the key now is finding the right combination and imo Dele and Trundle for NOW could be that combo.

Things are looking very good up front for us at the minute :clapping:

How can you not want Trundle in the team?

The bloke is a legend

sorry i meant "I didnt want him in the team" although i stil don't think being a "legend" shoudl get u in the team or else Bas Savage would be playing!

Like i said, I'm eating humble pie on the Trundle and Williams front hopefully some Dele doubters wil do the same

I've not noticed much critism of Adebola on the forum. He seems to have escaped most of the flack. The only thread I recall is the one that pointed out that with Dele in the side it can on occaisions encourage the rest of the team to play the long ball but thats hardly his fault.

There are not many managers in the CCC who wouldn't want Adebola in thier squad.

fact still remains though, when adebola plays, we play long ball up to him...

Nothing wrong with that if the end justifies the means.

The quote below is from a Charlton forum.

They had a system we couldn't deal with. Pump the ball up to the front man, he heads it back to the midfeld who are now swamping our half and then they get the ball into the box. Simple yet we fell for it every time.

The quote below is from a Charlton forum.

They had a system we couldn't deal with. Pump the ball up to the front man, he heads it back to the midfeld who are now swamping our half and then they get the ball into the box. Simple yet we fell for it every time.

To me thats a snide comment. It belittles City's slick attacking play and makes us look like a one trick pony. When City are on form the long ball only comes into play when the team is on the back foot - as it was for the first 20mins last night.Once the Charlton storm was weathered City got down and played some very good football.

To suggest that City were one-dimensional is, well.....snide.

To me thats a snide comment. It belittles City's slick attacking play and makes us look like a one trick pony. When City are on form the long ball only comes into play when the team is on the back foot - as it was for the first 20mins last night.Once the Charlton storm was weathered City got down and played some very good football.

To suggest that City were one-dimensional is, well.....snide.

I know what you are saying RR, even MAnUre and Arsenal hoof it at times - its all about mixing it up - different styles of play for different phases in the game, but to put us in the same category as Stoke or Hoofford is a bit sneaky to say the least.

Personally, I couldn't care less what Charlton fans think about us, (for all I care they could think we are all 6 toed, buck toothed, banjo playing hillbillies), we'll worry about our performances and our styles of play, let them worry about theirs.(I know which position I'd rather be in ...)

Guest bcfc_agar
Dele is a top top striker at this level defenders hate him very very good signing by GJ THE GUY IS A TOP PRO.

agreed couldnt say it better myself :englandsmile4wf:

yep, but on occasions it does work, last night he got 2 assists and so it could be said that it worked a treat however neither of his assists last night were from the ball on the floor.

trouble with dele at the moment is that he never looks like completing more than 55-60mins of a game.

thats fine if were a couple of goals up but if were chasing a game we don't want to be subbing strikers for strikers.

no doubt he puts in a decent shift when he plays though, and his age is obviously catching up with him. still a horrible player to play against if your a defender.

Just saw the highlights on Virgin Media, and although he did technically provide the assist for Williams goal, it followed from a cracking ball into Deles feet from LJ, which Dele looks as though he miscontrolled it putting the ball into GS'w path.

Guest William Stand
Just saw the highlights on Virgin Media, and although he did technically provide the assist for Williams goal, it followed from a cracking ball into Deles feet from LJ, which Dele looks as though he miscontrolled it putting the ball into GS'w path.

One of the issues with "assists" is how do you define an assist?? Against Donny, Johnson plays a simple 3 yard ball to Mcindoe, who scores from 20 yards, technically I guess thats an assist. Against Charlton Johnson was very influential in both goals but as another player was invovled before the goalscorer, technically no assists for Johnson.

Hopefully we can take the same attacking verve into Saturday, come back with at least a point which will set us up nicely for a great weeks at AG - Sheff Utd & Reading at home.

Guest William Stand

Disagree entirely. In the 1st 20 mins v Charlton when we were under the cosh we would've played long ball , regardless of who was upfront. There is this rose tinted view that all of last season we played total football - to my mind we haven't changed over the 2 seasons, regardless of personnel, when we are under pressure, like many teams we go "safe" & hit the ball long - we did it last year with a combo of Trundle, Byfield & Sproule upfront. The value of Adebola (or a fit Brooker) is that, that type of player is more likely to make something happen from a long ball, or at worst hold it up for a bit so that it doesn't become like the alamo for the back 4.

This is why at the club we have the "key contributions" chart. LJ doesn't get any official credit for either goal even though he basically made both!

personally, think all the credit should go to the 2 goal scorers for 2 VERY GOOD FINISHES, even when each player got the ball, they still had alot to do.

either way, 2 clear assists for Adebola and that's all that will be remembered at end of season, not who made a decent pass a couple of passes back in the move.

• Admin
personally, think all the credit should go to the 2 goal scorers for 2 VERY GOOD FINISHES, even when each player got the ball, they still had alot to do.

either way, 2 clear assists for Adebola and that's all that will be remembered at end of season, not who made a decent pass a couple of passes back in the move.

...and if you cover your ears and scream "LA LA LA LA LA" you can pretend Lee was our worst player on Tuesday.

Guest William Stand

You appear to be bidding for the coveted "churlish poster of the year award" ?

Whilst Williams does deserve credit, he conceded on the World interview that he slipped as he made contact & the ball actually ricoched off his other foot.

The point about earlier passes in the move is very valid - you admit that nobody really remembers this.......... perhaps thats why LJ gets bashed so much ??

Why give any credit to LJ?

After all he was only instrumental in both goals, but as many on here will tell you, he's not worth his place!

Why give any credit to LJ?

After all he was only instrumental in both goals, but as many on here will tell you, he's not worth his place!

it's not that he's not worth his place, it's just that he's so inconsistant that AT TIMES, he's not worth his place, Tuesday he played well and did have a good game, however how long until his next good game? Saturday? or 3/4 games times? That's the problem

The fact is that certain posters will never accept LJ's contribution to the team. I thought he had a good game against Norwich and then you come on here and a few were still saying 'poor again' 'one of our worst players'. Marvin was anonymous at times and nothings said or it's LJ's fault!

He was the pick of our centre midfield 3 at Charlton. Excellent performance and I still think that we have no-one at the club who can play his role as well as he does.

Noble in a 4-4-2 and we'd get spanked. LJ is integral to the team, has been since he arrived, and until GJ unearth's a better player let's get behind the lad FFS.

It was noticeable that his confidence was a lot higher at The Valley as he knew he wouldn't get the Dolman moan whenever he did something wrong.

Guest brizzlejoe
The fact is that certain posters will never accept LJ's contribution to the team. I thought he had a good game against Norwich and then you come on here and a few were still saying 'poor again' 'one of our worst players'. Marvin was anonymous at times and nothings said or it's LJ's fault!

He was the pick of our centre midfield 3 at Charlton. Excellent performance and I still think that we have no-one at the club who can play his role as well as he does.

Noble in a 4-4-2 and we'd get spanked. LJ is integral to the team, has been since he arrived, and until GJ unearth's a better player let's get behind the lad FFS.

It was noticeable that his confidence was a lot higher at The Valley as he knew he wouldn't get the Dolman moan whenever he did something wrong.

wow it seems every topic on here ends up with yet another LJ thread....

Archived