IGNORED

Barca or City

bcfc seattle

Ok I'm coming over there (bristol) for 3 weeks now I have a dilemna, I think I'm going to go visit a good friend of mine over in Barcelona. Well I can go over the weekend of the 20th and attend Barca-Celta Vigo on Sunday.... But it would mean missing a City game vs. Stockport (which would be my first of the year.) And probably mean I'd only get to 2 city games this year as opposed to 3. (Bournemouth and Colchester/FA Cup). Promised I'd go somewhere else for boxing day (grrrrr).

So what should I do?

That's a no brainer - get yourself out to the Nou Camp.

I was over in Barcelona a few years ago with a few mates for a lads weekend. We went to Barca-Alaves at the Nou Camp on a Sunday night. Barca won 3-2. It was good to see some world class players in action - Saviola was top drawer. It's worth going to see the stadium itself - it's truely one of the great grounds in world football. At least you'll be able to say you've been to the Nou Camp and watched a game. My advice is don't get a seat in the top tier (unless you have very strong binoculars).

It's also worth doing the stadium tour (we did this on a weekday on a previous trip to Barcelona the year before) and going to the Barca museum etc.

Barcelona is one of my favourite places in the world. If you want a good night out then head to the Coyote Ugly club down near the Olympic Harbour. The girls working there are fantastic. Other things worth doing (if you haven't been to Barcelona before) are seeing the the 1/2 finished Gaudi church (La Sagrada Familia), walking down Las Ramblas and doing the cable car rides across the harbour/up the mountain etc.

End of travel report. Back to football. 2 City games is more than I'll get to go to this season. I am exiled (through choice) in Australia for a year so I am going to miss the entire the season. Looking forward to getting home in time for 1st division football next season !

Hope my reply helps influence your decision.

:Party12:

Thanks, I think I might have come up with a solution but it would mean only going to Barcelona for 3 days. go to City on the 20th then fly out on the 21st get there at 2:30 go to Barca game that night then come back on X-mas eve.

so maybe it's should i miss the game to go for an extra day or two?

Come back on my birthday :wacko::D:clap:

Definatley do the Nou Camp, brilliant experiance, I went to watch Barcelona vs Liverpool on a Thursday Night, 0-0 draw but what an expieriance. Did the Musuem tour the day before. Absoulutley Brilliant.

I Also want to go to the Bernabau(sp?) while Beckham is there, as i think hes a good player and i have never been.

I went to see real madrid 3 weeks ago in the champions league.

Stadium is incredible, as is the location.

You get off the tube at Madrid's Oxford Circus and the stadium is there where Top Shop should be...bang in the middle.

Lots of touts offering tickets at 2 x face but if you wait for 5 mins tickets after the touts have left you alone, tickets are easily available from real fans at face value 30 mins before the start.

Dont be conned by the beer inside the ground though...alco free.

The alco they sell in the town by contrast is v. strong...it took me until 5 in the morning, in some dodgy bar with some diodgy girls to realise that though!

I have supported City for 28 years, but have always enjoyed travelling round to different games in europe. I have also been to see Ajax a few times. My club will always be Bristol City............... But, if you have a chance of going to see Barcelona........... GO !! I took my nephew to see them play last year. he was only 15, but thought it was fantastic. The trip around the Nou Camp was okay, worth doing as you are already over there. I also stayed on Las Ramblas. Great place, with so much going on. Can't say I am impressed with Gaudi's Artwork though. If you see a lot of old buildings throughout the world, I would say he totally misused public money, and would want a refund !! Go and make your trip home memorable, and give yourself a cool xmas.

Guest TB Mutiny
Easy one this......... Just which team do you support?

Must agree. I've been to matches in Mexico where the atmosphere has been spectacular, but . . . without an interest in the clubs that are on the pitch its a bit difficult to live the emotions.

Well am going to try and swing both games going over to Barca on sunday morning. Only chance to see Barca with my Spanish friends from Seattle (huge barca fans) so it should be fun. It was either go over that weekend or over new years as there are no games in Spain from the 21st to the 4th.... well you see my priorities.

Guest BridgyRed

Go to Barcelona. At least you get to see decent players and the stadium is class, although not as good as the San Siro in my opinion. i've been there twice and the atmosphere was amazing. At leastt you get to see City, its not as if its a direct choice between the two

Go to Barcelona. At least you get to see decent players and the stadium is class, although not as good as the San Siro in my opinion. i've been there twice and the atmosphere was amazing. At leastt you get to see City, its not as if its a direct choice between the two

It looks like it may be a direct choice. :wacko: but I think Barca will win out as I can still get 2 city games in afterwards.

Guest BridgyRed

What I meant was that it was not a direct choice as in you could only see one game while you were here, City or Barcelona. If you go to Barca then at least you can see two city games as well. Enjoy it and hopefullt we'll be playing better by then

Archived