IGNORED

Lets Be Real We Are Not Good Enough (fact)

Guest Red to the world

Guest Red to the world

All this talk about being in there with a shout cos we are only three points off the play offs. The team

in 17th position is only five points off the play offs ffs.

We are 14 points short of auto promotion and 10 points above auto relegation.

We ARE a mid table side and no disgrace in that in our second season but please just lets realise it and get on with supporting the team.

The squad is not good enough to do better than mid table and is seriously lacking in quality. That is why we see the selection juggles and tactical juggles. GJ is struggling to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

The club does not possess a half decent right wing or a half decent creative mid fielder.

We are also weak all down the left side of the park.

If we stay up ( not a foregone conclusion but likely I think ) that will be success for this season and I for one will be happy. I don't expect much activity in January and expect a lot of activity next summer. If GJ can get that activity right ( I won't hold my breath after last summers fiasco ) then we will move onwards and upwards.

If he can't then we are looking at all the good work undone.

Lets just get real !

• Admin
All this talk about being in there with a shout cos we are only three points off the play offs. The team

We ARE a mid table side and no disgrace in that in our second season but please just lets realise it and get on with supporting the team.

The squad is not good enough to do better than mid table and is seriously lacking in quality. That is why we see the selection juggles and tactical juggles. GJ is struggling to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

The club does not possess a half decent right wing or a half decent creative mid fielder.

If we stay up ( not a foregone conclusion but likely I think ) that will be success for this season and I for one will be happy. I don't expect much activity in January and expect a lot of activity next summer. If GJ can get that activity right ( I won't hold my breath after last summers fiasco ) then we will move onwards and upwards.

Lets just get real !

That's actually a fairly well balanced post RttW and other than the little digs at GJ I find myself agreeing with most of it.

Has someone let you loose at the happy pills or something? ;)

Lets just get real !

I hammer you when you talk rubbish, however I'm nmore than happy to give you praise for a very good posting.

As Madger said, your spot on..........this time

Guest HighbridgeRED

We just have to face facts.

We are not good enough to challenge in this league, so lets just stop kidding ourselves. We will not be in the promotion or play off spots come the end of the season, lets all take a step back and realign our expectations and enjoy the rest of the season and perhaps the team will also feel less pressure to perform above the abilities they are blessed with. Tonight Preston would have been thumped by a team with confidence up front.

Sorry but IMO it had to be said :/

We are not good enough to challenge in this league, so lets just stop kidding ourselves. We will not be in the promotion or play off spots come the end of the season, lets all take a step back and realign our expectations and enjoy the rest of the season and perhaps the team will also feel less pressure to perform above the abilities they are blessed with. Tonight Preston would have been thumped by a team with confidence up front.

No need to apologise, this was the case in August, we came into the Championship on the crest of a wave and had a fantastic first season, anyone who thinks we'd challenge for promotion really was being unrealistic IMO.

Another season in the championship is the realistic target and would represent another good season for any sane supporter.

agreed

and sooner people realise where mid table this season the better

seen a mick mcarthy interview earlier in which he was saying his squad had took 3 years of re builiding

we are now rebuiliding

The majority of fans do realise, its only the odd few that have only just started supporting city that think we should be in the prem everyone else can still remember that day Dave Cotteril scored against Huddersfield in 2005 to lift us off the foot of league 1...

We need to start bulding on and off the pitch to really challenge the likes of Wolves Brum etc etc, i still think we will comfartably finish mid-table and then we can kick on.

Were not good enough to challenge in this league, then expalin why we are on 26 points????

So we lost tonigh, it's not the end of the world, we'll be there are there abouts come the end of the season, have faith my friend!!!

Think we where very unlucky today and should have won the game based on chances in the first half. Their second goal was very lucky.

Think Johnson now has played all his strings with a team lacking confidence. A high work rate with lot's of movement is the answer. Even if the wingers have to go central when defending it doesn't stop them from running the chanels when we are attacking.

We need some fresh blood come January and if so I'm confident we will challenge for the play-offs.

We can't afford to go down.

ALWAYS BELIEVE!

We shouldnt even be thinking of relegation, we are still very much in the mix for the play offs and we are 9 points away from the drop zone, considering how tight the lague is that seems miles away.

A win against Swansea and things will seem a lot brighter.

No need to apologise, this was the case in August, we came into the Championship on the crest of a wave and had a fantastic first season, anyone who thinks we'd challenge for promotion really was being unrealistic IMO.

Another season in the championship is the realistic target and would represent another good season for any sane supporter.

Presumably that includes GJ and SL then? That I find very concerning considering how much faith we're putting in this combination. At the very least I'd like to think that their expectations were realistic.

Guest Red to the world

Lets just get real !

I resurrect this post without apology !!

Seems even more true tonight !

Happy clappies please feel free to shoot me down !!

Presumably that includes GJ and SL then? That I find very concerning considering how much faith we're putting in this combination. At the very least I'd like to think that their expectations were realistic.

So another season in the Championship isnt a realistic expectation?

Automatic promotion isnt realistic.

i don't think anyone is thinking we should be in the prem, however we have been doing VERY poor against anyone in the top half of this division and are a million miles away from the sort of team we were last season, we are struggling to beat the likes of Watford and Forest who are the lower placed teams in this division.

we are a distance from the play-offs and a few people are just assuiming if we beat Swansea all will be back on course, I think Swansea is going to be a VERY tough game, my biggest hope is that they lose a few players to injury tomorrow against Cardiff.

We are in for a VERY tough game next week against Swansea.

Right now the biggest aim is 55 points and QUICK, staying in this division should be the only focus right now.

So another season in the Championship isnt a realistic expectation?

Automatic promotion isnt realistic.

Top six by Christmas? And if the forum's to be believed both suggested at the start of the season that we were going to invest in the club in order to go one better than last year. Therefore 14000 season tickets. Don't we all feel a bit silly now?

Right now the biggest aim is 55 points and QUICK, staying in this division should be the only focus right now.
It should be the first target at the start of the season, and only once survival is assured should we be looking at play-offs/ promotion.

We shouldnt even be thinking of relegation, we are still very much in the mix for the play offs and we are 9 points away from the drop zone, considering how tight the lague is that seems miles away.

A win against Swansea and things will seem a lot brighter.

agree..... BUT to win games we need to score goals.

What we're doing this season is what many of us thought we'd do last season.

We're a good Championship side which needs to get sharper in front of goal just like Elliott was for PNE this evening. We also need a bit more luck with our finishing - a bit like Wallace's goal tonight.

13 points from our 2nd set of 10 games isn't great but there's another 26 games to go. GJ has been given 5 years to take the club forward. Let's focus on consolidation and progression and everything will be just foine me babbies!

Archived