IGNORED

Reserves Game Today

whitey_03

Unfortunately can't get there - looks like an interesting squad.

The reserves are also playing a game this evening - the Somerset Premier Cup Final - Lita is in that team with mostly academy youngsters.

Didnt realise there was another game on Bobby!!

I am hoping from a personal stance that Miller can maybe bag a goal or two and give him some much needed confidence!!

Also who is the trialist from Charlton, anyone heard of him?

I am hoping from a personal stance that Miller can maybe bag a goal or two and give him some much needed confidence!!

I'm hoping for a Hat-Trick at least to make Mr Wilson sit up and take notice. :clap:

Wonder how many open goals he'll miss :D
Glad to see you arent letting that one miss affect how you feel about him as a player!! NOT :clap:

Come on, I'm sure he isnt the first and certainly wont be the last to miss an easy chance in City colours, but seems you have decided to remember him for the ones he has missed rather than the ones he has scored!!

But thats your choice i guess!!!

Wonder how many open goals he'll miss  :D

Leave it out Nailsea! :clap:

I think the lad has done well this season - okay we paid a lot of money for him (not his fault) But if the service to him had been better at the start of the season (thinking of Wilkshire out on the right) then he might well have scored more goals.

Take it from me (having lived in scotland for 2 years) there is a HUGE step up in between the scottish 1st and the English 2nd and he needs to get used to it. And remember he's only 20!. He'll make it I have no doubts. and as for missing open goals - Peacock is just as guilty.

Come on Wilson - lets see Miller and Roberts for the final 2 matches!

Wonder how many open goals he'll miss  :clap:
As the saying goes: If you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the lottery.

The fact Lee 'missed' against Swindon means that he was in a position to do so. More than can be said for our other 'target man' for the vast majority of games this season.

If Peacock got himself into positions like that, instead of laying the ball off well and standing to admire his handiwork, rather than attacking the box, Miller's miss would not be feeling so costly and coming in for so much criticism now.

Glad to see you arent letting that one miss affect how you feel about him as a player!! NOT :clap:

Come on, I'm sure he isnt the first and certainly wont be the last to miss an easy chance in City colours, but seems you have decided to remember him for the ones he has missed rather than the ones he has scored!!

But thats your choice i guess!!!

He aint that Leapy has missed loads too...but its ok, cos he's a favorite of some folks here, personally I hope Lee M rams the sarcasm down peoples throats next season, along with Robbo, cos they are worth twice each what Leapy is!!

Leave it out Nailsea! :clap:

I think the lad has done well this season - okay we paid a lot of money for him (not his fault) But if the service to him had been better at the start of the season (thinking of Wilkshire out on the right) then he might well have scored more goals.

Sorry, but this poor service stuff is the last refuge of a scoundrel, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree it's been crap and have said so many times but Lita has scored five and hardly played and even Goodfellows scored only three league goals less.LP's got 14 league goals with the same crap service.

Take it from me (having lived in scotland for 2 years) there is a HUGE step up in between the scottish 1st and the English 2nd and he needs to get used to it. And remember he's only 20!. He'll make it I have no doubts. and as for missing open goals - Peacock is just as guilty.

Not quite as open as that and I was right behind the goal.Marvin Brown & Lita cost nothing and haven't been given the chances that LM has........because of the fee.

Come on Wilson - lets see Miller and Roberts for the final 2 matches!

Be honest, if you were DW, who would you start with?

Bristol Boy do you honestly think Lita or Marvin Brown would have done any better than Miller has this season??

Granted you will always fall back on the fact Miller has had the same service Peacock has, but when Miller was playing up front with Peacock, the system was played to hit Peacock as the main striker, so he should naturally get more chances and effectively more goals!!

Many people have said it, Miller seemed to look the type of player he has the potential to be when he was being played as the main striker, with Robbo playing off him!!

I know you feel I am fighting his cause mainly because he is a friend, but I can tell you its not. I just feel saying Miller has had as much service as Peacock is wrong. And to bring up another point, how many games has Miller completed the 90 minutes this season??

I'm not asking you to come on here and change your opinion over night on Miller, it just seems you are far to quick to write him off as a waste of money, when he hasnt completed his first season in a new league, surely the real test comes next season when he has to show what he has learned!!

He really is a boy who can do no wrong ain't he! :clap:

Try persuading Mr Wilson about that!

Anyway that 'miss' wasn't much of a miss anyway. He did the best he could with the 'chance'. At least he was in the position to take the chance which is more than can be said of some. :D

By the way everybody makes errors in the game, it's just sometimes more are noticeable than others. Some matter more than others but work hard and there will be a chance to make amends, and more.

I think we have of come to the conclusion (after many many threads on the subject) that some people like Miller and some people like Peacock. They both have their faults and both have their pluses, but they both play for City so I'll get behind whoever is on the pitch.

It has been the subject of many a debate but i don't think anyone has managed to really sway anyone from one side to the other.

Personally I don't see how some people can slate our top scorer as much as they do, after all the facts show it at the end of the day (don't care who has played more or less or with whoever) the goals are on the board from Peacock and I wouldn't bet against him popping another few in.

So even though Peacock scored the goal that beat Plymouth he still deserves a slating? If we go up that goal will have been a MASSIVE influence in us doing so.

I know you feel I am fighting his cause mainly because he is a friend, but I can tell you its not.
Not even a little bit?! Surely that is somewhere behind your comments? I know I would be biased if my mate was being talk about, cos he'd be my mate so i'd expect him to do the same. Kinda thought that was what mates were about. Oh well whatever ya say :clap:

Wonder how many open goals he'll miss  :clap:

From Collins ENGLISH Dictionary:-

To Support.......................

To give practical or emotional help to someone NO

To take an active interest in and be loyal to a sporting team NO

To speak in a debate in favour of NO

A Fanatic........................

A person whose enthusiasm for something, is extreme. Possible

A Pessimist........................

Has a tendency to expect the worst in all things - the doctrine of of the ultimate triumph of evil over good. Probable

Negative.............

Lacking positive qualities,such as enthusiasm or optimism. YES

Thought I was lost for words after reading your post :D seems I was not.

Even if they were not so personal to me, your posts leave me sad. I'm just relieved that you seem in the minority.

I think we have of come to the conclusion (after many many threads on the subject) that some people like Miller and some people like Peacock. They both have their faults and both have their pluses, but they both play for City so I'll get behind whoever is on the pitch.

It has been the subject of many a debate but i don't think anyone has managed to really sway anyone from one side to the other.

Personally I don't see how some people can slate our top scorer as much as they do, after all the facts show it at the end of the day (don't care who has played more or less or with whoever) the goals are on the board from Peacock and I wouldn't bet against him popping another few in.

So even though Peacock scored the goal that beat Plymouth he still deserves a slating? If we go up that goal will have been a MASSIVE influence in us doing so.

I have to admit I find the abuse Peacock gets, even though he is top goal scorer is OTT. But I guess you are 100% correct when you say, the Miller fans will back Miller and slate Peacock and vice versa. But I guess this is the things which make the forum interesting :D

Funny how I have started yet another debate by harmlessly asking if anyone was going to watch the reserve game and to fill me in on Millers performance :clap:

Sorry, but this poor service stuff is the last refuge of a scoundrel, as far as I'm concerned.

Ah.. You may be right - but bare in mind that Millers strength is will his head... You don't get many headers picking the ball up from deep and running at players. My point is when Miller started the season he had little or No service.

I agree it's been crap and have said so many times but Lita has scored five and hardly played and even Goodfellows scored only three league goals less.LP's got 14 league goals with the same crap service.

Absolutely, but again with quality service they would have ALL scored more and we wouldn't be having this discussion now - City would have been crowned champions weeks ago.

Not quite as open as that and I was right behind the goal.Marvin Brown & Lita cost nothing and haven't been given the chances that LM has........because of the fee.

OK - I can't argue it was a bad miss. As for Marvin Brown & Lita costing nothing - the few times I've seen Brown I've not been impressed (but maybe he should have been given a chance). Lita - Should be on the Bench alongside PEACOCK.

Be honest, if you were DW, who would you start with?

Miller and Roberts - Bring Peacock on as and when necessary.. you never know it might do him some good.

Has a tendency to expect the worst in all things - the doctrine of of the ultimate triumph of evil over good. Probable

Negative.............

Thought I was lost for words after reading your post :D seems I was not.

Even if they were not so personal to me, your posts leave me sad. I'm just relieved that you seem in the minority.

Cor blimey, it was a jokey comment! A lot worse things have been said about other players, don't take it to heart, just a single sentence said in jest hence the smiley! :D Cor it's easy fishing in here today :clap:

I find it an insult if you are basing that one line on my entire support for the club if we're going to talk seriously.

How many free headers did LP miss on Saturday - from memory he had a 'golden' one in the first half

All very well to say what if, but what if Miller was on the end of it.

Perhaps we might just be sat looking down on QPR.

LP needs a rest, I think anyone can see that - nothing against the bloke, but if he'd been give an 2-5 game rest he could have come backed fired up for the last couple of games and helped us gain promotion.

Nevermind eh, we'll all happy with 3rd place aren't we

:clap:

I would say he NEEDED a rest, but personally i think he is back on form now, and he has been top notch the last few games, helped by the performances alongside Roberts. I think we are playing our best strike partnership at the moment, lets just hope they do the business in the last two games for us :D

Not even a little bit?! Surely that is somewhere behind your comments? I know I would be biased if my mate was being talk about, cos he'd be my mate so i'd expect him to do the same. Kinda thought that was what mates were about. Oh well whatever ya say :clap:
Of course behind every comment there is that act of friendship between me and Miller, but I try as much as possible to allow my comments on here to be factually based!!

If I'm honest I dont think Lee would be happy if I was backing him up based on friendship alone, he would like to think his footballing ability can silence the critics, but only time will tell!!

Out of interest as Edson so kindly informed us, they drew 1-1 and Lee didnt score!! Any of Lee's critics unhappy???

Negative.............

Thought I was lost for words after reading your post :clap: seems I was not.

I would love to hear how you can get all that from just one line?

I think you'll find the following :

Attended all home games this season : YES

Attended as many away games as were possible : YES

City til I die (no matter what clubs my family play for!) : YES

Near on obsessive city fan : YES

Totally commited to supporting City : YES

Would do anything for promotion : YES

Will support ANY player in a City shirt : YES

Would be interested if you could agree with any of those too. I'm not saying that you can't say yes to any of them, because I won't judge you without meeting you, just out of curiousity how long have you supported Bristol City?

Sorry if i took YOUR comments too seriously, but I take my support for the club seriously, and take insult at people saying I don't support the club when they don't know me from Adam.

Even if they were not so personal to me, your posts leave me sad. 

Nailsea Red -

Would be interested if you could agree with any of those too. I'm not saying that you can't say yes to any of them, because I won't judge you without meeting you, just out of curiousity how long have you supported Bristol City?

Nailsea Red - I think you'll find part of the answer to your question in the last comment by Grannyjoy! She has more reason than anyone on this forum to be protective of Lee M. And even if comments are made in jest they can still hurt. We could all see how devastated Lee was to hit the post with his header against Swindon. Just because Lee P comes in for criticism whatever he does, doesn't mean Lee M deserves the same or that we have to respond with the same :@

Nailsea Red -

Nailsea Red - I think you'll find part of the answer to your question in the last comment by Grannyjoy! She has more reason than anyone on this forum to be protective of Lee M. And even if comments are made in jest they can still hurt. We could all see how devastated Lee was to hit the post with his header against Swindon. Just because Lee P comes in for criticism whatever he does, doesn't mean Lee M deserves the same or that we have to respond with the same :@

ah mate don't take it all so serioulsy, i'm sure you could look in almost every thread and find a comment that was just said in jest. Cor blimey can't people lighten up a bit :clap:

I would love to hear how you can get all that from just one line?

I think you'll find the following :

Attended all home games this season : YES

Attended as many away games as were possible : YES

City til I die (no matter what clubs my family play for!) : YES

Near on obsessive city fan : YES

Totally commited to supporting City : YES

Would do anything for promotion : YES

Will support ANY player in a City shirt : YES

Sorry if i took YOUR comments too seriously, but I take my support for the club seriously, and take insult at people saying I don't support the club when they don't know me from Adam.

Cor it's easy fishing in here today.

Archived