IGNORED

Gavin Williams Goal

Guest tropicalsurfer

Guest tropicalsurfer

So what really happened during that goal?

From my seat (ateyo behind goal) davis runs up taps ball out, lands at gavin williams who puts in back of the net. did anyone see any reason why this goal didn't stand. i am not saying it should of definitely been a goal but did anyone see something i didn't. i didn't see fontaine make contact, maybe other stands had a better view, dolman?

From my seat (ateyo behind goal) davis runs up taps ball out, lands at gavin williams who puts in back of the net. did anyone see any reason why this goal didn't stand. i am not saying it should of definitely been a goal but did anyone see something i didn't. i didn't see fontaine make contact, maybe other stands had a better view, dolman?

I was in the Dolman. I saw Davis run out to clear the ball quickly, kick the ground as he attempted to kick the ball then throw his arms up as though he had been wronged. I think that he simply made a rick and in my eyes, Fonts was blameless. I think that the ref may phone him to apologise once he sees the incident on TV in the morning.

Guest tropicalsurfer
I was in the Dolman. I saw Davis run out to clear the ball quickly, kick the ground as he attempted to kick the ball then throw his arms up as though he had been wronged. I think that he simply made a rick and in my eyes, Fonts was blameless. I think that the ref may phone him to apologise once he sees the incident on TV in the morning.

Exactly what i saw. Will make interesting viewing on tv tomorrow.

I was in the Atyeo Stand and the goal should have stood. That Southampton cheating goalie was laughing to himself as he turned away from the referee. Plain for all to see who were sat in the Atyeo Stand - probably the greatest and most significant incidence of cheating I ever remember seeing at Ashton Gate.

Swings and roundabouts perhaps?

Because the penalty at Norwich last week that we got, was it not a bit questionable?

If so, then it could be argued that things evening themselves out in football is in fact true.

Mind you, this is the 1st I've heard of it, didn't mention it on Match reports on 5Live or Talksport.

I was in the Atyeo Stand and the goal should have stood. That Southampton cheating goalie was laughing to himself as he turned away from the referee. Plain for all to see who were sat in the Atyeo Stand - probably the greatest and most significant incidence of cheating I ever remember seeing at Ashton Gate.

I actually thought that he was laughing, and shrugging his shoulders in front of us because he was accepting that the ref's decision made no sense. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

I've seen far worse cheating at Ashton Gate, but I haven't seen much worse refereeing!

Cant believe they didnt show it!

Yep, the 'highlights' have just finished on ITV and they didn't show the Gavin Williams 'goal'. After Sproule's goal that was the major talking point of the game. They did manage to show Southampton hitting the Atyeo goal post - that goal post was our best defender in the first half? :winner_third_h4h:

So how many bookings does that put Fontaine on now? He could get suspended at an extremely crucial part of the season because of that joke of a ref.

Only on two if this has been updated since yesterday

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/Discipline/0,,1...0810327,00.html

Still can't believe they didn't show Gavlar's "goal" on highlights - was one of main talking points in pub after match as no-one could understand why it was disallowed. Ahh well will have to wait to watch it on World - presuming it will feature!

What more could you expect from ITV? You didn't seriously expect to see highlights did you?

Not to mention the commentator saying three of our midfield played for Yeovil - including Cole Skuse! Bunch of amateurs who can't even do basic research.

Cant believe they didnt show it!

Ridiculous bit of editing considering they devoted so much time to the game. Neither did they show our other clear penalty* shout on 25 mins when Lou Carey was virtually strangled right in front of the ref!

* For all the good that might do us these days

Still can't believe they didn't show Gavlar's "goal" on highlights - was one of main talking points in pub after match as no-one could understand why it was disallowed. Ahh well will have to wait to watch it on World - presuming it will feature!

Just watched start of World coverage and it appears to be exactly the same as what was shown on ITV - same commentator and everything. Not got time to watch it all now (need my beauty sleep!!) - does anyone know if it shows the disallowed goal?? Or are we never going to see it again??

Night night :fastasleep:

It does show it . from the Refs view it might look like Fonts caught him and the Lino didnt help :angry:

but as i was sat right behind it i can tell you now that Fonts was nowhere near him. He kicked the ground and scuffed it straight to Williams who scored.Davis had a good chuckle about it which is what endeared him to the Atyeo but he got his in the end.

Still bemused by it now. Still ,mustn't grumble ... :w00t:

ITV did show the disallowed goal on the championship

its just that they were showing adverts again at the same time !

oh no hang on, that was the Liverpool game last week...my mistake

ITVs footy coverage is pants...there...i said it

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

If I remember correctly Davis had the ball in his hands and was about to kick it out when Fontaine interrupted. He was not allowed to any movement in the same direction as the keeper. Free kick Southampton.

No fonts was running alongside the keeper - the keeper fluffed it and was lucky fonts was near - so he could blame him!

Archived