IGNORED

With The News Of Gavin's Call-up...

Guest Red_Chelt

Guest Red_Chelt

McAlister, Sproule, Williams, John, Styvar, Henderson (or is he still under 21?).

Am I forgetting any?

I think this is a pretty good achievement when you consider how many international players we had just two seasons ago. It shows that we are being watched by the national teams scouts and can only do us good in terms of profile.

For what it's worth does anyone think we'll add to that number soon and if so who will be the next City player to don their country's colours?

mcindoe - scotland

akinde - england u21s ?? if he comes back to us having done well at wycombe and starts next season well, why not?

apart from that in the short term ...

I do like the thought of Akinde playing for U21's England have always played with a big un' up front. It will involve him playing next season and performing. I can't think of another target man like striker in and around the U21's.

Guest Old Dazzler
McAlister, Sproule, Williams, John, Styvar, Henderson (or is he still under 21?).

Am I forgetting any?

I think this is a pretty good achievement when you consider how many international players we had just two seasons ago. It shows that we are being watched by the national teams scouts and can only do us good in terms of profile.

For what it's worth does anyone think we'll add to that number soon and if so who will be the next City player to don their country's colours?

That's pretty good but we had more in season 98/99 under John Ward/Benny - didn't do us much good as we ended up bottom of the table :noexpression:

Soren Andersen - Denmark

Ade Akinbiyi - Nigeria

Rob Edwards - Wales

Vilmos Sebok - Hungary

Ivan Tistimetanu - Moldova

Greg Goodridge - Barbados

Jim Brennan - Canada

Tommy Doherty - Northern Ireland (not sure if he had played for them by then)

We also had a couple of notable Under 21 players:-

Bo Andersen - Denmark

Louis Carey - Scotland :englandsmile4wf:

That period towards the end of the 90s saw quite a few international players at the Gate, Shaun Goater (Bermuda) left us just before the end of the 97/98 season, Australian's Paul Agostino and David Seal had recently left and a young Scott Murray joined the club and eventually played a couple of games for Scotland "B".

That's pretty good but we had more in season 98/99 under John Ward/Benny - didn't do us much good as we ended up bottom of the table :noexpression:

Soren Andersen - Denmark

Ade Akinbiyi - Nigeria

Rob Edwards - Wales

Vilmos Sebok - Hungary

Ivan Tistimetanu - Moldova

Greg Goodridge - Barbados

Jim Brennan - Canada

Tommy Doherty - Northern Ireland (not sure if he had played for them by then)

We also had a couple of notable Under 21 players:-

Bo Andersen - Denmark

Louis Carey - Scotland :englandsmile4wf:

That period towards the end of the 90s saw quite a few international players at the Gate, Shaun Goater (Bermuda) left us just before the end of the 97/98 season, Australian's Paul Agostino and David Seal had recently left and a young Scott Murray joined the club and eventually played a couple of games for Scotland "B".

Nice one 'Old Dazzler' Red_Chelt you have been rinsed :rofl2br:

I have absolutely no idea.

I wasn't surprised that he got called up.

You cant remember any good games he's had?

don't get me wrong, he used to be a very good player for us, but since half way through last season, he's been consistently poor. Always plays poorly - yet does not get much flak. I don't think it makes sense that another member of the side, who actually plays well regularly gets flak, whereas McAllister gets next to none..... strange.

Which games are they? I was very surprised when they called him up.

Very suprised too, i think he's played very poor recently, wonder goal or not, he isn't the same as when we first got him.

Saying that i'm not sure how many other great scottish left backs there are.

I can remember a good number of good games that McAllister has had this season, obviously professional people within the game agree with me as he's been called up to the full international squad.

I have no intention of naming them for your benefit, if you can't see his worth then that's your opinion.

As I said, I'm glad professional people within the game disagree with you.

but I did'nt want a professionals opinion. I accept the managers decision & realise he knows alot more about the game than me.

Was trying to have a discussion as a fan on a fans forum. Obviously your not game.

McAllister has made the Scotland squad - deserves it, he's been playing well lately.

apart from recent games, when can you say he's played well - in your opinion?

Ummm yeah. If someone says he's been playing well lately that probably means they are talking about recent games. Why challenge them on earlier games (which are going to be a poor indicator of form anyway)?

I thought he played very well against Cardiff and nearly scored an excellent goal.

Ummm yeah. If someone says he's been playing well lately that probably means they are talking about recent games. Why challenge them on earlier games (which are going to be a poor indicator of form anyway)?

I thought he played very well against Cardiff and nearly scored an excellent goal.

I said he had played well in the last game and half. But when he originally made the squad, he was playing poorly.

Also a good game in a half, should'nt be enough to get called up.

now now.

on a different note from maccas form, didnt rob stambolsiev (sp?) get a call up for australia u21's?!

Macca reminds me of Christian Ziegler, he was my fav ever left back.

Hey, can anyone find the Stambolseiv youtube BCFC U18's keepy uppy contest? This guy was pretty awesome.

It was on Sky i think :noexpression:

I'll find it then! :disapointed2se:

Guest Red_Chelt
You cant remember any good games he's had?

don't get me wrong, he used to be a very good player for us, but since half way through last season, he's been consistently poor. Always plays poorly - yet does not get much flak. I don't think it makes sense that another member of the side, who actually plays well regularly gets flak, whereas McAllister gets next to none..... strange.

Perhaps it's because there's very little competition? If there was a noticeably better player (in people's opinions) in that position there would probably be a clammer to see him out...

Archived