IGNORED

5 Clean Sheets In A Row...

Guest Red_Chelt

Guest Red_Chelt

Considering they shipped 14 goals in the 5 games prior to his going on loan that's pretty impressive after a couple of seasons without really playing (Weale that is, not Yeovil ;) ).

Perhaps the time is now ripe for him to be the new number 1 at Ashton Gate?

Guest MaloneFM

Lower division football, weaker attacks, probably a better organised defence and a Championship goalkeeper.

He's as good as Basso but not better.

Basso's only had 17 clean sheets, obviously a dodgy keeper.

Should have had 20 though at least, hes not been anywhere near as consistent as last season and maybe like a few other players needs a kick up the ar5e.

Guest Bounce Around the Ground

I think he should be given a chance next season, Weale (and Obika to be fair) has basically kept Yeovil up this season.

Guest Bounce Around the Ground

I said should be given a chance to be fair to him, what he's done at Yeovil is pretty impressive.

I still love Basso. :thumbsup:

I said should be given a chance to be fair to him, what he's done at Yeovil is pretty impressive.

I still love Basso. :thumbsup:

We all love Basso (well, most)

I think it would be unfair to AB if Weale got the nod over him based on 5 clean sheets at Yeovil.

Guest BristolCity4Life84
We all love Basso (well, most)

I think it would be unfair to AB if Weale got the nod over him based on 5 clean sheets at Yeovil.

Agree with that. Basso hasn`t played anywhere near bad enough over a consistent period to deserve to be dropped.

Both are very, very good.

The only problem with Weale is that he is injury prone, other than that I think he would have got the nod before now. If City could get £500k for Basso I'd sell and play Weale, unfortuntly I think Weale will be gone for free in the Summer.

I agree Basso doesn't desever to be dropped though but it is business.

Guest eurolohr

Hi guys yeovil fan here Chris has come back here a complete goal keeper full credit to your coaching staff. He just breads confidence into our defence all i can say is Basso must be one hell of a keeper to keep him out love to be able to sign him but far to good for our league once again thanks for loaning him to us.

So Chris Weale is the sole reason that Yeovil have not conceded for five games? I'm sure the rest of team, particularly the back four would have something to say about that.

No doubt that Weale is a good goalkeeper and if he were at virtually any other CCC club he'd be first choice. If Basso were to move on I would have no concerns about Weale playing as first choice.

So Chris Weale is the sole reason that Yeovil have not conceded for five games? I'm sure the rest of team, particularly the back four would have something to say about that.

No doubt that Weale is a good goalkeeper and if he were at virtually any other CCC club he'd be first choice. If Basso were to move on I would have no concerns about Weale playing as first choice.

Didn't you read the Yeovil fans first paragraph above?

He said that Weale has given the Yeovil back four a lot of confidence. When you are a defender and know that the bloke behind you between the sticks is someone you can rely on, your confidence grows, enabling you to focus on your game.

I agree with you about Weale, he is good enough to walk into most of the teams in this league, it's good for us we have a replacement for Basso, but for me still Basso is the number one, has a good rapport with the fans and has earned the respect of the players in front of him through very good golakeeping.

Guest Red_Chelt

Not the sole reason, obviously, but clearly a major part. My thoughts are more about the future, I'm fairly certain we'll lose one or the other (Basso or Weale) at the end of the season and if I had to choose I would keep the younger keeper with more potential (Basso is quite unlikely to improve much if at all at his age).

Guest Red_Robin
I think he should be given a chance next season, Weale (and Obika to be fair) has basically kept Yeovil up this season.

Obika could be a player for Johnson to keep an eye on, think he's signed a new deal at Spurs but a potential loan for next season?

Guest vincent_bcfc

How anyone can justify saying chris weale should be in our first team on the back of 5 clean sheets at yeovil is beyond me.

Fair enough he's a good keeper but he is nowhere near Basso.

Basso might make mistakes but think of the huge number of outstanding saves that have kept us in games we should have lost by 5 or 6 and the saves he has made to keep us 1-0 up

17 clean sheets is brilliant over 41 games

I personally don't think Chris Weale should be kept at the club.It is unfair on a very good goalkeeper who would walk into most championship sides however he can't walk into the one he is employed by simply because the number one keeper at that club is better than him (and the rest of the goalkeepers in the championship)

Considering they shipped 14 goals in the 5 games prior to his going on loan that's pretty impressive after a couple of seasons without really playing (Weale that is, not Yeovil ;) ).

Perhaps the time is now ripe for him to be the new number 1 at Ashton Gate?

Some excellent points have been made. We should not get too hasty. Like Uncle Rog said it is a lower league with less quality up front so a championship quality keeper should make an instant impact. Then again you could argue that stats don't lie and that Weale should be given a shot as number one seeing as there is a very slim chance of making the play offs now.

He should definitely return next season to push Basso to his acrobatic limit for that number one jersey which so far has seemingly been too easily in his possesion.

Archived