IGNORED

Frankie Would Like To Return To Cheltenham

Ivalore (CTFC)

Midfielder Frankie Artus has admitted that he would consider a return to Cheltenham Town next season.

The 20-year-old scored three times in nine games for Town last term, having moved to Whaddon Road on loan from Bristol City.

He told the Gloucester Citizen: "City are going to offer me a new deal, so I'll see what they say when I go back and take it from there.

"Next season will probably be about going on loan again and trying to get experience, so it would be good to come back to Cheltenham if I get the opportunity.

"I want to play at the highest level I can, but Cheltenham is convenient here, just up the road and it's a good bunch of lads and a good club, so we'll see what happens.

http://www.4thegame.com/club/cheltenham-to...own_return.html

Would be fantastic!! :fingerscrossed:

Maybe your relegation will go against you, GJ might like to send him to another L1 club as he done so well for you guys. I'm thinking someone beginning with Y...........

What is the opinion of him at your place? Not many of us have seen Frankie live, and certainly not at first team level.

I'd be a bit disappointed and I'd rather Artus was saying that now he's had extended League experience, and is fit, that he's determined to become a regular in the City matchday squad.

No offence but he seems to be setting his sights too low, at 20 and with the confidence of a new contract, he should have immediate ambitions to make his mark at City.

I'd be a bit disappointed and I'd rather Artus was saying that now he's had extended League experience, and is fit, that he's determined to become a regular in the City matchday squad.

No offence but he seems to be setting his sights too low, at 20 and with the confidence of a new contract, he should have immediate ambitions to make his mark at City.

He's CM - where's he going to break in unless Marvin goes and GJ doesn't sign anyone else ?

He has a contract which is possibly higher paid than had he turned it down and gone elsewhere lower down the league so he has a bit of security in the short term, but I wouldn't blame him for seeking a loan move to get regular competitive football.

Guest robinmad
He's CM - where's he going to break in unless Marvin goes and GJ doesn't sign anyone else ?

He has a contract which is possibly higher paid than had he turned it down and gone elsewhere lower down the league so he has a bit of security in the short term, but I wouldn't blame him for seeking a loan move to get regular competitive football.

if i was a betting man i would say there will be a few youngsters out on loan

Artus

Wilson

Riberio

Akinde

As GJ has made it very clear by his actions he dose not take any risks what so ever with youngsters and after the signing of Izzy there will be no place for Ribs or Wilson in the mach day 16 its a shame but ture

I was thinking about the matchday 16, rather than the 1st 11, and then take it from there.

I hope GJ's offered Artus a contract because he intends to play him, at least occasionally, and give him the chance to make his mark.

Hopefully the reason Artus will accept that contract is because, at 20/21 and now fully fit, he relishes the challenge of forcing his way in to the City team, and it's something he believes he is capable of doing.

If these aren't the reasons for both decisions then we might as well save alot of time (and some money) and let him go to Cheltenham permanently now.

Archived