IGNORED

Cary Grant...

Guest Red_Chelt

Guest MaloneFM

Go to Hughenden Road near Horfield Common and there is a blue plaque on the house where he was born

Go to Hughenden Road near Horfield Common and there is a blue plaque on the house where he was born

Indeed, a friend of mine, a City fan, lived in that house about 15 years ago and was responsible for getting the plaque put up.

I remember Marina Dolman telling a story of when Harry Dloman took Cary Grant to a match.

When they pulled up outside the Grandstand the 3 of them got out of the car and were recognised immediately by a gang of lads who charged over from the East End turnstile queue.

She assumed they were rushing to see Cary Grant but they actually ignored him completely and asked for Harry Dolman's autograph. :city::winner_third_h4h:

Guest leepeacock's50phead

A nice mock-up cartoon of him wearing a City top on the back of the Guardian sports section too

Indeed, a friend of mine, a City fan, lived in that house about 15 years ago and was responsible for getting the plaque put up.

I remember Marina Dolman telling a story of when Harry Dloman took Cary Grant to a match.

When they pulled up outside the Grandstand the 3 of them got out of the car and were recognised immediately by a gang of lads who charged over from the East End turnstile queue.

She assumed they were rushing to see Cary Grant but they actually ignored him completely and asked for Harry Dolman's autograph. :city::winner_third_h4h:

I was a autograph collector in those days, and yes Harry always took time out to give us his. But that day I was waiting for Cary and indeed got his as well.

I know him too.

If memory serves me correctly he put the house on the market as soon as the plaque went up.

Archived