IGNORED

Man U match in dececember

Claverham_Red

Guest exeter__red

doubt it feel a bit let down i was half expecting a full friendly next summer when it was announced in the close season that they owed us a friendly.

A lost oppotunity - Stoke sold out Vs Man U in Pre season

Very very dissapointed

I was there due to my Son's disappointing love of Manure (we do live with 35 miles though). It wasnt a sell out but better than they can usually for a league game and a decent travelling support.

Man U played a large number of kids with only Bartez (sp), Butt (ist half) Sylvester, Djemba, Forlan and the Irish full back / CH playing (oh and Fletcher) from their usual line-up. Most spectators felt a little ripped off.

Guest lilciderhed

I am very dissapointed. An under 21 match with the option of playing a few older players, or in other words Uniteds 'youth' team with maybe someone decent like Solksjaer coming back from injury.

That not going to send a first team down and that was obvious when it was announced we would play Man utd a few months back so I say something is better than nothing. Rio will probably be playing as he willbe banned from the first team and Bartez could be available

Guest WestburyRed
manchester united arent going to play any good players

err, I'd imagine anyone they have on their books is going to be at the very least "semi-special"

Total let down again by the club, and to clutch at straws saying Paul Scholes is injured, is just downright ignorance, people are going to believe less and less coming out of the club I'm afraid.

Sorry what were the club lying about?

The bit about arranging a friendly with Man U?

Weren't you banned?

The friendly has been arranged in respect of an agreement made for one of our youth players joining them.

They were NEVER going to play a full team and as they're jetting off to the US again next suumer we might as well cash in now.

Honestly, hands up if you were naive enough to think we'd be playing Man U's first team? (Quite a few people have admitted their stupidity on this thread already it seems)

Even if we met them in a cup competition they wouldn't field a full strength side. Infact we won't be playing their first team for at least 5-10 years or never.

And as the above message states - Man U don't have poor players. Whatever side they bring down will be sh(i)t hot.

Guest KingswoodRed
And as the above message states - Man U don't have poor players. Whatever side they bring down will be sh(i)t hot.

That's true........no-one will have heard of them but they will be something 'hot' as you put it.

A real crowd puller.

That's true........no-one will have heard of them but they will be something 'hot' as you put it.

A real crowd puller.

Erm...well I appreciate good football, don't you?

There's a fair chance some of the players they'll be fielding will be playing for your country in a few years time.

Guest KingswoodRed
Erm...well I appreciate good football, don't you?

There's a fair chance some of the players they'll be fielding will be playing for your country in a few years time.

Um, yep I do, which is why I am temporarily not watching BCFC. Obvious.

And yippee do, I will drop everything just because there is a fair chance I will be watching man that will be representing my country in years to come.

I repeat. What a crowd puller. :Sleep12:

I'm quite looking forward to it myself. Haven't really taken the opportunity to watch are youth players in action and interested to see the future talent we have.

Also, there are bound to be some players for Man Utd who will be gracing the Premiership within a season or two. :clap: :Party27:

There's only one team that plays in red that I am bothered about seeing...

Why should any City fan be bothered about whether or not Man U deign to come down from Mount Olympus and grace us mere mortals with their presence?

If we are drawn against them in the Cup , now that would be a different matter - the game would actually MEAN something.

Do they think sending an Under-21 team down to play a friendly match (for which I am SURE they are trousering expenses out of the gate!) should make us grateful for allowing them to poach one of our up-and-coming players? This is the sort of thing that is killing football in the lower divisions (ie, from the bottom half of the Premiership down...)

You can see Man U on telly most days if you're THAT bothered about them. In fact, why not just go and buy a Man U shirt?

All together now

"Who the **** are Man United ..."

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

To sum all this up.

"Something is better than nothing" no not at all we could of kept that young rose kid and had the propect of him being a superb player later on with the option of keeping him or selling him on.

"a let down" yes in a sense. We were all expecting a proper match from the sounds of Sexstone's comments last time so reading its only going to be u21 is a bit of alet down obviously. Who would you rather see, u-21 with 1 or 2 first team players. Or the about 7 or 8 first team players and a few younger prospects?

But..........

"who the ###### are man u"

They are one of the best teams in not only England, not only Europe, but the world, as much as it hurts me to say it but they are. Most of their players they bring up end up in full international games so they must be a talented bunch. So it will still make a great night of football and i will, money permitting go.

"who the ###### are man u"

They are one of the best teams in not only England, not only Europe, but the world, as much as it hurts me to say it but they are. Most of their players they bring up end up in full international games so they must be a talented bunch. So it will still make a great night of football and i will, money permitting go.

I bet their U-21 side could tear our first team apart most nights of the week so anyone disappointed with the match up needent be......lets face it, if they had actually bought down their 'real' 1st team we'd have been massacred and noone enjoys seeing that happen to their team, friendly or not....!!

Man United have a Chmpions League game on that night, so there will be hardly any of their 'over-age' players coming down. Having said that, some of their youngsters are very good indeed. I know quite a few United fans who watch the reserves regularly, and they say that a large number of them could make the grade at first team level.

Sorry what were the club lying about?

The bit about arranging a friendly with Man U?

Weren't you banned?

The friendly has been arranged in respect of an agreement made for one of our youth players joining them.

They were NEVER going to play a full team and as they're jetting off to the US again next suumer we might as well cash in now.

Honestly, hands up if you were naive enough to think we'd be playing Man U's first team? (Quite a few people have admitted their stupidity on this thread already it seems)

Even if we met them in a cup competition they wouldn't field a full strength side. Infact we won't be playing their first team for at least 5-10 years or never.

I didn't mention the word lying

I have never ever been banned

Get your facts corect before spouting off

Archived