IGNORED

How Are You Non-bristolians Getting Tickets?

Guest WestburyRed

Guest WestburyRed

Another year, another play-off, another mammoth task to try and get tickets. I'm a season ticket holder but have already accepted that going to the away leg is an absolute impossibility, unless I take the day off work (which I don't have) just to try and get a ticket on Monday morning.

So anyways, fair enough I expected that, onto the home game.

Any ideas/plans from the other people of Wiltshire/Somerset/Dorset/Gloucestershire/everywhere else on what you're going to do? Tuesday is obviously the day but for those of us that can't get out of work (and it will be a full day used up if previous ticketing arrangements are anything to go by) the phone line kindly shuts at 6pm, you need to remember that you will be on the phone for over an hour (it stays open till 7pm when they finally go on general sale the next day) Internet sounds good but they can't accept discounts so thats no good for members and season ticket holders etc.

I understand its a big task for the club but for a club that wants to expand its fan-base its amazing how difficult things can be for people who live a bit further afield.

Another year, another play-off, another mammoth task to try and get tickets. I'm a season ticket holder but have already accepted that going to the away leg is an absolute impossibility, unless I take the day off work (which I don't have) just to try and get a ticket on Monday morning.

So anyways, fair enough I expected that, onto the home game.

Any ideas/plans from the other people of Wiltshire/Somerset/Dorset/Gloucestershire/everywhere else on what you're going to do? Tuesday is obviously the day but for those of us that can't get out of work (and it will be a full day used up if previous ticketing arrangements are anything to go by) the phone line kindly shuts at 6pm, you need to remember that you will be on the phone for over an hour (it stays open till 7pm when they finally go on general sale the next day) Internet sounds good but they can't accept discounts so thats no good for members and season ticket holders etc.

I understand its a big task for the club but for a club that wants to expand its fan-base its amazing how difficult things can be for people who live a bit further afield.

Its a total disgrace the way the y treat season ticket holders. I posted a note to Colin S weeks ago asking if they have learnt ant lessons. Clearly not. To give season ticket holders 2 days to reserve there seat is taking the pi55. Especially as the game is 10 days away.

I just hope they have all windows open to sell tickets.

Guest exiledred

I live in Bournemouth (and Winchester) but am lucky enough to have family in bristol so on Mon or tues my grandad will be going down to AG complete with queuing stall to get my ticket!!

It's forever a problem, makes me wonder when people say Ashton Gate (in it's present form) is adequate. A mate of mine tried his hardest to gets tickets for yesterdays game, no chance!

City could have sold at least another 5000 tickets yesterday and again against Hartlepool.

Back to the point of this thread.

I will be on the phone on Tuesday, hanging on for dear life as I can't get to AG. I live just outside Trowbridge and work in Swindon (Monday will be fun). And there is many more of us in the same boat,as well as further afield from the posts you see on this forum.

I really think the club need to further advance their on line ticketing facility, so that Season Ticket holders can enter in their book number and guarentee their seat. I've done my bit by investing in the club by renewing my Season Ticket as so many of the people on this forum have, a bit of consideration would not go amiss.

Archived