Basso U-turn?

Somerset_Sam

Guest Axbridge Red

Just posted on other Basso story

IS it a good move

Orr working

McI - not

Basso ................not sure

Next 24 hrs and bench at Deepdale will reveal the breaking story. Strange that the delay in loan keeper (or new keeper) coming in - have there been moves

Getting the feeling that something has changed on this as no new keeper has arrived yet.

Will be interesting to see GJ's reaction if it's withdrawn. Maybe Basso has realised he's not as good as he thinks he is? I would hope that Gerken is given his chance on Saturday to prove he can keep Basso out, and make him fight for the shirt.

"Since putting Basso on the transfer list three weeks ago, Bristol City have not received a single enquiry for their number one goalkeeper, who is now facing the unpalatable prospect of sitting in the stands while drawing last season's money."

Perhaps that was what made him reconsider his position.

"Since putting Basso on the transfer list three weeks ago, Bristol City have not received a single enquiry for their number one goalkeeper, who is now facing the unpalatable prospect of sitting in the stands while drawing last season's money."

Perhaps that was what made him reconsider his position.

Exactly. He doesn't want to be here.

If no-one comes in for him, let him rot in the reserves.

Getting the feeling that something has changed on this as no new keeper has arrived yet.Will be interesting to see GJ's reaction if it's withdrawn. Maybe Basso has realised he's not as good as he thinks he is? I would hope that Gerken is given his chance on Saturday to prove he can keep Basso out, and make him fight for the shirt.

exactly what im thinking.

Guest ashtonyate
As far as i'm concerned a U turn would not be sufficient, He either signs a new contract or stays on the list and out of the squad, The precedent was set last season with Orr.

Not really a U turn in my view because if we fail to be promoted he'll leave anyway for nothing, This situation is all of Senor Basso's making.

Johnson may not want him after this season but as for this season it would be great news to have him between the sticks where I think he may be needed.

if this is true,then whilst I would say time heals all, I would have thought this would severely damage Bassos long term relationship with the fans. If he sits on the bench for the next year than goes whilst henderson and gerken get the chance to be number 1 I wouldnt be too upset, but the rapport and support he had from the fans is over I reckon.

Yeah its in another thread already.

But on another, the whole Drink Driver thing with and Stockhausen..... isnt it time we dropped that?

Ok I know some people dont like him for some negative City stories and also the "cut & paste" reporting that sometimes seems to happen for the Evening post but come on, I know the guy cocked up but it just seems realy childish that when he is mentioned he is not just "that reporter" he is "the drink driver".

Its not like when we refer to Bradley Orr all the time we say "The ex-con" Bradley Orr.

I will probably, no change that - I KNOW I will get shot down for saying this, but I just think its childish and the joke or whatever it is, is starting to wear thin now

It's hardly a U turn if he has changed his mind simply because no other club has made an approach for him! He would only be staying because no one else wants him and he therefore has no alternative - not because he genuinely wants to play for City. That is hardly the mindset that GJ demands from his players.

He clearly no longer wants to stay at City and this ongoing saga will only cause disruption within the club. I believe that following his formal transfer request it would now be best if he left.

if this is true,then whilst I would say time heals all, I would have thought this would severely damage Bassos long term relationship with the fans.

the rapport and support he had from the fans is over I reckon.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but I'm not so sure.

It depends how he performs.

Initially I'd expect him to get a fairly cold and muted reception from the fans but the first outstanding save would bring the usual tumultuous reaction.

Oh Basssooooo, oh Bassssooooo

City fans just like singing it I reckon. ;)

Supporting City is like a soap opera and the characters can go from heroes to villains and vice versa very quickly.

Basso will be quickly forgiven by most, as long as he plays well, because the fans will basically be relieved he is still at AG. :yes:

Wonder what the other players would think of this and what sort of message it would give them all. Sorry but I never want to see him in a City shirt again and if I do I shall boo him.

Guest Hanhamreds

unless he signs a new contract he should go, reinstating him to the squad would send out the wrong message to the rest of the players.

Yeah its in another thread already.

But on another, the whole Drink Driver thing with and Stockhausen..... isnt it time we dropped that?

Ok I know some people dont like him for some negative City stories and also the "cut & paste" reporting that sometimes seems to happen for the Evening post but come on, I know the guy cocked up but it just seems realy childish that when he is mentioned he is not just "that reporter" he is "the drink driver".

Its not like when we refer to Bradley Orr all the time we say "The ex-con" Bradley Orr.

I will probably, no change that - I KNOW I will get shot down for saying this, but I just think its childish and the joke or whatever it is, is starting to wear thin now

You do realise, that at the end of every bradley orr article or Brooker in the past, Mr Stockhausen mentioned the bar incident, even though it is totally unrelated?!

I think its only fair he has a taste of his own medicine

You do realise, that at the end of every bradley orr article or Brooker in the past, Mr Stockhausen mentioned the bar incident, even though it is totally unrelated?!

He has?? Because I dont remember always reading about the incident everytime Ive read an article about Bradley Orr recently.

I know you say he is just getting a taste of his own medicine but I think its been done know.... as a reader and contributor of this forum I personally am getting fed up of it.

Great news if true - and a genuine scoop for the EP. Just to add a little more - which may or may not give a bit more weight to the EP - they posted very briefly a story yesterday morning online saying 'Basso still going, bright young thing arriving' or words to that effect and then withdrew it from the site in the time it took for me to scroll down the page to check the details.

Made me think at the time that someone at the EP had decided to withdraw it pronto because they knew there was a more up-to-date version of events about to break.

Personally I would be delighted to see Basso back in the No 1 jersey, though clearly others on here have different views.

Well_red

He has?? Because I dont remember always reading about the incident everytime Ive read an article about Bradley Orr recently.

I know you say he is just getting a taste of his own medicine but I think its been done know.... as a reader and contributor of this forum I personally am getting fed up of it.

Andy,

Fair is fair! Just moving the car apparently?!

unless he signs a new contract he should go, reinstating him to the squad would send out the wrong message to the rest of the players.

exactly. if comes out and apolgisies to GJ and us for his actions, signs a new deal and admits he got ideas above his station and madea massive mistake then fair enough.

just allowing him back into the team with his intention to run down his deal in the knowledge he'd much rather be elsewhere would make me very angry and i hope GJ does not to allow him to do this. it would also send the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

remember gary we only want players playing for us who really want to be here!!!!

Guest MaloneFM

Isn't the medicine tasting episode why Mr Plod has his car keys? Can we now leave off convicted drunken drivers?

You can if you want to.

It's hardly a U turn if he has changed his mind simply because no other club has made an approach for him! He would only be staying because no one else wants him and he therefore has no alternative - not because he genuinely wants to play for City. That is hardly the mindset that GJ demands from his players.

He clearly no longer wants to stay at City and this ongoing saga will only cause disruption within the club. I believe that following his formal transfer request it would now be best if he left.

I tend to agree with much of this. However to leave him out in the cold would just be a waste of club resources. Why waste money paying him just to train and pay wages to a loan keeper? It's clear no one is rushing to take him off our hands.

We have never heard Basso's explanation for all this. I'd say he's got a bit of bridge-building to do if he stays and plays.

When it comes down to it, how many players are truly committed to the clubs they play for? They are under contract, say all the right things and occasionally kiss the badge. Then they join a new club and go and kiss their badge.

He would be mad not to u-turn!

Everyone from the club to his agent told him his new deal was a good one and to sign it and at 34 his best chance

of prem football would be going along with citys team as i can't see him walking in to any prem sides first teams

straight away, that could be a season or two wait and at 35/36 is not getting any younger but at that age with city

he is established between the sticks and maybe in the prem by then (hope so).

Go to west ham (just an example) and sit on the bench for the money but it is not playing prem football is it

just sat there playing second fiddle.

"But the Evening Post understands Basso could be about to announce a dramatic U-turn and agree to at least see out the final year of his Ashton Gate contract."

Well he doesn't have a choice if noone comes in for him.

It all depends on how Gerken does if i care or not. If he's good let Basso rot, if not bring Basso back ASAP

Oh Gerko, Oh Gerko until he makes his first mistake.

He {apparently} rejected becoming the clubs highest earner - the fact that offer was on the table is a joke in itself, and now he is coming back with his tail between his legs as no-one is interested.

Personally id tell him to go and take a running jump.

He {apparently} rejected becoming the clubs highest earner - the fact that offer was on the table is a joke in itself, and now he is coming back with his tail between his legs as no-one is interested.

Personally id tell him to go and take a running jump.

I agree with that.

Now noone has come in for him, why should we want him back all of a sudden?

He has probably learnt that the grass isnt always greener.

If this is true, he can swivel.

Why should he be let back just because he cant find a club...bcfc is sloppy seconds now is it?

He has insulted this great club, didnt want to be here and is now coming back cap in hand because he couldnt get a club.

If my wife dumped me for the personal trainer down the gym and then asked to come back because he dumped her, I would tell her to foxtrot oscar!

I hope Gary does the decent thing, and never lets him back

Of course he hasn't recently, but that's precisely because he's realising just what it's like to be a convicted felon and have stick constantly thrown at you. I think all drink drivers are scum, but I'm not one to rattle on about Sh*thausen's personal life on here. Maybe he shouldn't drag it up, either.

On topic, would be a strange turn around - especially if he went as far as signing a contract. If things do change and he withdraws The Letter, I can't see him playing this season, not unless there's an injury/suspension crisis.

As for supporting him, he'd have to make a complete u-turn if he wanted me back on side.

No contract, no 'Oh Basssoooooo'.

:disapointed2se:

Personally, I feel that no one really knows the whole truth about what has happened. Basso may well have made a stupid mistake and acted like an idiot...or for all we know, maybe he has been hard done by. Nobody knows what contract was on offer, nobody knows...for certain, exactly what has happened between him and Johnson.

What is a fact is that, if he comes back, signs the new contracts and gives 100%....then he is without doubt our best option in goal.

Sign the deal in front of you Adriano, and get back between the sticks for f**ks sake

If he does come back i really hope we dont offer him the same contract as he turned down, he does not deserve to be the highest paid player at the club now.

Let him know he is second keeper now and has to fight for a starting place and also offer a contract more in the clubs interest.

What a load of tosh being posted on here. On past form, Basso is the best keeper at the Club, he is under contract, we are paying his wages, and if this petty dispute can be patched up, all the better. If he decides to leave next summer, that is his right as he will no longer be under contract. As for all this 'let him rot' drivel, I'm sure posters will change opinions after a decent performance or two. Team spirit? Well, how does it help having (allegedly) popular players frozen out?

Sorry guys, get a grip on reality. These things happen in football, and Managers have to deal with it realistically, and in the interests of all parties. For all his talk, I think that underneath the bluster, GJ has a softer side, and if he is happy to pick Basso, we should support Manager and player. It might actually shock you all to know that playing for City is actually not the sole ambition of every footballer - To them, it is just a job.

Lets just hope it gets sorted so that City get another year out of a top Championship keeper. And let those who have never made a bad judgement/ decision cast the first stone.....

Guest ashtonphil
What a load of tosh being posted on here. On past form, Basso is the best keeper at the Club, he is under contract, we are paying his wages, and if this petty dispute can be patched up, all the better. If he decides to leave next summer, that is his right as he will no longer be under contract. As for all this 'let him rot' drivel, I'm sure posters will change opinions after a decent performance or two. Team spirit? Well, how does it help having (allegedly) popular players frozen out?

Sorry guys, get a grip on reality. These things happen in football, and Managers have to deal with it realistically, and in the interests of all parties. For all his talk, I think that underneath the bluster, GJ has a softer side, and if he is happy to pick Basso, we should support Manager and player. It might actually shock you all to know that playing for City is actually not the sole ambition of every footballer - To them, it is just a job.

Lets just hope it gets sorted so that City get another year out of a top Championship keeper. And let those who have never made a bad judgement/ decision cast the first stone.....

I agree with you Chappers... I think we can assume that Basso doesn't read this forum otherwise he'd never U turn. Loyalty is a two way street - if we expect loyalty from the players - surely if they are playing for the club, they can expecty loyalty from us the fans...by getting behind him if he plays again....

I wont believe it until its posted on the official site anyway???

Guest EssexRobin

:chant6ez: Well said Chappers.

I feared I might be the only one thinking along these lines, but I agree. So, Basso's had a period where he's got despondent and decided to see what was out there. I'm sure everyone has done that in their job at some point in their life? And, has any harm really been done? And even if there has, let's look at the positive:

We might get to keep the keeper that has become a symbol of Bristol City's ongoing success in recent years. Some continuity in among the sea of change (particularly considering Basso's calibre) has to be welcomed doesn't it?

I'm taking nothing away from Gerken who has worked hard to show that he is a worthy keeper to be on our books. Nor am I knocking Hendo who has great potential.

All I'm saying is, the best thing the fans can hope for is some mediation between Basso and management without the meddling of agents and such like. Cause let's face it, we're a club in great shape, going places and Basso himself must recognise that the squad is looking pretty damn decent as promotion hopefuls this season.

:trumpet: Bass-o, Bass-o, Adrian-o Bass-o. :city:

OHHHHH BASSO Oh Basso.....indeed. What a silly boy you have been. Potentially he has turned down a very good deal with us in order to take a better wage elsewhere and now is on the verge of only having a years contract left with us on his original (lower) wage and no other offer on the table. Well, he truely has sh** on his own doorstep here and its looking VERY likely that he will live to regret it. I think he has got carried away with the 'cult' like status he had here, belieiving wrongly, that he had gained it from his ability rather than from his character. A good keeper yes, but he was popular becasue of who is was as much as anything else in my opinion.

Big mistake from Basso and a big error in judgement on his part, a bit like his goalkeeping abilities.

Petty dispute?, He was offered an opportunity to be the highest earner at the club (which probably means the highest earner in the clubs history) His response was a written transfer request. Now I could understand your indignation had he not been offered a new deal.

The problem is that the club are in a no win situation if they offer the best players a new contract with a year left on their present contract, That's wrong (because 3 years mean 3 years according too many on here) and if they don't offer that new contract and the player leaves that's wrong because we should have offered him a contract.

Basso knows how GJ operates, He had a graphic example of that with Orr last season and the same should apply here, Sign or leave absolutely no U turn by the club and GJ decides whether a U turn by the player is sufficient.

That's the reality I have a grip on.

Ok the way I see it is quite simple....

As things stand Basso is probably the best keeper we have on the books.

We are paying him the same money every week at the moment he was on last season and we will do so for at least another year if he goes nowhere.

Whatever he is doing or not doing at the club he still gets paid.

As a fan who is paying to watch City and therefore contributing to his wages, I would like to see him playing to get what I pay for.

If we are paying someone to do a job, and they are the best option we have then why should we just disregard that player.

We are a football club trying to get somewhere using the best resources we have and if Basso is one of those resources then we should be using him as we are still paying him to do a job.

Simples.

We are paying him the same money every week at the moment he was on last season and we will do so for at least another year if he goes nowhere.

As a fan who is paying to watch City and therefore contributing to his wages, I would like to see him playing to get what I pay for.

If we are paying someone to do a job, and they are the best option we have then why should we just disregard that player.

We are a football club trying to get somewhere using the best resources we have and if Basso is one of those resources then we should be using him as we are still paying him to do a job.

Simples.

Great sentiment, However 2 things are important here 1)A written transfer request means he dosen't want to play for the club, He wants to play elsewhere. 2)What signal does that send out to the 2 other goalkeepers in the pecking order, They will know if they are not good enough now to take over from a disgruntled goalkeeper, Then the likelihood is when he does eventually leave a new goalkeeper will be signed as the number 1.

I accept that when Gerken signed that the likelihood was that he would be number 2, However surely he should be given the hope to think that at some time he will be given an opportunity to prove his worth.

Great sentiment, However 2 things are important here 1)A written transfer request means he dosen't want to play for the club, He wants to play elsewhere. 2)What signal does that send out to the 2 other goalkeepers in the pecking order, They will know if they are not good enough now to take over from a disgruntled goalkeeper, Then the likelihood is when he does eventually leave a new goalkeeper will be signed as the number 1.

I accept that when Gerken signed that the likelihood was that he would be number 2, However surely he should be given the hope to think that at some time he will be given an opportunity to prove his worth.

I know what you are saying, and I do actually slightly agree. But even if Basso doesnt want to be there - surely its still in his interest to put in 100% if given the chance. Because the other way of looking at it would be that he is in the shop window now, so if he wants a deal elsewhere it would be in his benefit to put it top performances all the time.

I know what you are saying, and I do actually slightly agree. But even if Basso doesnt want to be there - surely its still in his interest to put in 100% if given the chance. Because the other way of looking at it would be that he is in the shop window now, so if he wants a deal elsewhere it would be in his benefit to put it top performances all the time.

So basically let's have 3 disgruntled goalkeepers and play the only one that dosen't actually want to be here.

Guest Royston Red

I think Basso should be taken back, but:

a) as #2 (or even #3) keeper - Gerkin desrves a few games to prove his worth.

b) He should definitely not be offered a new contract. If he goes at the end of next season, then maybe it would be a good thing.

GJ is a highly shrewd and intellegent manager - I am sure that he will make the right decision. My main concern would be the effect on other players, but if he isnt offerred a new contract then they would still think twice about using similar tactics.

Adebola did exactly the right thing - waited until his contract was up before moving on. Basso should have done the same.

Then dont bother reading it...........

Keep it up boys if he keeps mentioning past problems for players that are nothing to do with current story being ran then so shall we......its a two way street

On the Basso u turn point...........mmmm

It will certainly be interesting to see the reaction from supporters when Basso spills the ball at a strikers feet for the first time next season!........Always beleive will not be first words to be heard me thinks

Personaly I was hoping for a better / younger & more confident / dominating GK to come in

Guest City Chuds

Simples.

And we also need to remember this is a team that doesnt have an egyptian striker because he went back on his word, doesnt have a maltese striker because his attitude was wrong. GJ has built this team around team spirit, loyalty to the club etc etc. Had an offer come in from West Ham last week he would have sat on the bench there to earn more money. This is disturbing because if he stays now without a new contract being signed and a full apology to the club and fans he is going against everything GJ has built.

Its really sad that its come to this because the guy was a fans hero more than we have seen in a while

The Scene: Somewhere in BS3

The Date: Sometime today.

Present: GJ, KM and AB

AB: Gaffer, I have sinned against City and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your No. 1 goalkeeper;

GJ to KM: Bring the fattened pies and cook them. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this keeper of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.

Meanwhile, the pickled Keeper was in the training field. When he came near the Gate, he heard music and dancing (no LP had not returned). So he called one of the sstaff and asked him what was going on. 'The old keeper has come,' he replied, 'and your gaffer has ate all the pies because he has him back safe and sound.'

"The pickled Keeper became angry and refused to go in. So GJ went out and pleaded with him. But he answered GJ, 'Look! All these weeks I've been playing for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a biscuit so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this keeper of yours who has thrown his toys out the pram comes home, you cook some pies for him!'

" 'My boy,' the gaffer said, 'you are always with me, and one day you may be 1st choice. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this keeper of ours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

And everyone was happy.

Guest City Chuds

AB: Gaffer, I have sinned against City and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your No. 1 goalkeeper;

GJ to KM: Bring the fattened pies and cook them. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this keeper of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.

Meanwhile, the pickled Keeper was in the training field. When he came near the Gate, he heard music and dancing (no LP had not returned). So he called one of the sstaff and asked him what was going on. 'The old keeper has come,' he replied, 'and your gaffer has ate all the pies because he has him back safe and sound.'

"The pickled Keeper became angry and refused to go in. So GJ went out and pleaded with him. But he answered GJ, 'Look! All these weeks I've been playing for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a biscuit so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this keeper of yours who has thrown his toys out the pram comes home, you cook some pies for him!'

" 'My boy,' the gaffer said, 'you are always with me, and one day you may be 1st choice. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this keeper of ours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

And everyone was happy.

Very profound, dont think Pies and biscuits are allowed with footballers strict diets (unless your name is Lee Trundle!!)

And everyone was happy.

Brilliant!

"Since putting Basso on the transfer list three weeks ago, Bristol City have not received a single enquiry"

As the Evening Post is our LOCL paper, why do they refer to the club as Bristol City and not simply City? Do the reporters imagine they are writing for a London based national daily?

I can see all this creating a few problems,if he does stay whats it going to be like in the dressing room, you cant tell me Basso will be flavour of the month, GJ will have his work cut out with this one if the EP report is fact.

Guest Ixion

Nicely done Cheese. At last a lighthearted take on this sorry episode!

Guest Ixion
As the Evening Post is our LOCL paper, why do they refer to the club as Bristol City and not simply City? Do the reporters imagine they are writing for a London based national daily?

Surely no longer a local rag 22A it should now be referred to as the DIDCOT Evening Post (DEP)! :D

Wonder what the other players would think of this and what sort of message it would give them all. Sorry but I never want to see him in a City shirt again and if I do I shall boo him.

Geez :disapointed2se: I have never and will never "boo" anyone in a City shirt; I certainly have a moan and groan :whistle2: about selection/transfers/tactics etc booing effects everyone in our team on the pitch.

As for Basso best goalie at the club being paid by the club should be playing either way i.m.h.o :city:

this is how i see it if a prem side came in for him he would of already walked so why should we accept sloppy seconds im afraid mr basso you made your bed now lie in it

Hardly "sloppy seconds" cos he an't gone anywhere else. And anyway, if Laetitia Casta got turned down by your best mate you'd tell me you'd turn her down?

Petty dispute?, He was offered an opportunity to be the highest earner at the club (which probably means the highest earner in the clubs history) His response was a written transfer request. Now I could understand your indignation had he not been offered a new deal.

The problem is that the club are in a no win situation if they offer the best players a new contract with a year left on their present contract, That's wrong (because 3 years mean 3 years according too many on here) and if they don't offer that new contract and the player leaves that's wrong because we should have offered him a contract.

Basso knows how GJ operates, He had a graphic example of that with Orr last season and the same should apply here, Sign or leave absolutely no U turn by the club and GJ decides whether a U turn by the player is sufficient.

That's the reality I have a grip on.

Has this actually been confirmed???

Ive heard it mentioned plenty of times about being offered to be the "highest earner" at the club, but am assuming this is a rumour? not a fact?

Geez :disapointed2se: I have never and will never "boo" anyone in a City shirt; I certainly have a moan and groan :whistle2: about selection/transfers/tactics etc booing effects everyone in our team on the pitch.

As for Basso best goalie at the club being paid by the club should be playing either way i.m.h.o :city:

Dont think so GOB, if he stays now i can see him being open to ridicule from the players and of course the fans if he puts one foot wrong, i really do believe AB is in a no win situation,created by himself, i really hope he gets what he wants and moves on because it will never be the same for him again.

Hardly "sloppy seconds" cos he an't gone anywhere else. And anyway, if Laetitia Casta got turned down by your best mate you'd tell me you'd turn her down?

ive said my bit on basso as for Laetitia Casta of course i would nail her to the bed but it's a bit different than the basso situation :innocent06:

As it appears in the EP article, "Basso will need to withdraw his transfer request within the next 24 hours if he wishes to be considered for the Preston game. If nothing happens today, Johnson is expected to press ahead with plans to bring another keeper in on loan".

If this isn't just the usual Sh*thausen rubbish and is actually true, then it appears Basso is STILL messing us about. Whatever happens in the next few days, he should never even be considered for the Preston game anyway. He's had loads of time to sign the new contract and he didn't. After handing in the transfer request, he's forced the club to look for another keeper and now there's talk that he MIGHT be considering withdrawing the request ....... how long is he going to wait until he decides? For all we know, the loan keeper GJ has been lining up may not still be available if he delays too long, so we should tell Basso it's too late for a change of mind now IMHO.

I think this is potentially the most serious issue GJ has had to face in his time at City and I don't think the majority of fans are going to swallow any 'Adriano has given a lot of thought and has now realised he really doesn't want to leave City and will be giving 100% to the team' if he does withdraw his request. We will all know that it was only because he didn't get any better offers, not that he'sd rather be with us. As many have said before, this is not the Bradley Orr scenario and a dissatisfied Basso could turn out to be negative influence on the dressing room.

We've seen GJ can be stubborn and stand by his guns, but most of us respect him for doing what he thinks is right for the club. He's often says he only wants players who want to be here and if he goes back on that now, I fear it could come back and bite him later and he could be in danger of losing some of his credibility over all this.

Maybe Basso has had a reality check with the lack of offers, but the feeling of rejection by potential suitors and loss of hero status with the fans is hardly likely to improve his game, is it? I don't see how it would be good for the club to have him back now, even if he asked, so I think the best move would be to cut our losses on his wages by loaning him out if he doesn't actually leave.

He's lost the fans now, so BCFC really isn't the place for him any longer.

He's stupid if he had nothing lined up, he should have taken better money and got his head down. If he is consistantly brilliant its only a matter of time that a big team would come in for him at some point. Even a Prem as a no.2.

Word is Gerken has looked brill in training, better than Basso, and thats why he asked to leave-so he wasn't booted.

And everyone was happy.

taken from the lost gospel of Gary, chapter 5 verse 10-15. I think verse 16 says something about the prodigal son, and verse 20 is about the talented man who turned a single fish into greggs steak bakes to feed ten thousand, but ate them all himself over the close season and now has to be punished.

Guest That's right

If it has got an element of truth about his "u turn" then i think unless he makes a comitment to the club and also the fans by signing a deal that we keep him here untill he retires then he can do one imo.. He obviously doesnt want to play for the club at this moment in time as he feels he needs to better himself.. Fair play to his ambision but just because he hasnt had any interest he thinks he will settle for what he obviously sees as second best...

Guest MaloneFM

Young man...to uncle a moment will you?

Now I understand this is an emotive issue for you but the word 'spellcheck' needs to be uppermost in your thoughts before you press the 'add post' or whatever the key is.

Secondly, and I feel this to be a most important point, no matter what Basso may or may not have done, making him into soap because of his misdemeanours is not sometting I can wholeheartedly agree with you on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye

Archived