IGNORED

Habit

Guest ReadingTom

Guest ReadingTom

At the momemnt around 350 are attending away matches.Despite living in reading my son and I go to every game and I would say it appears to be the same faces every week who like us are going out of habit.I have to admit my desire to go each week is not surprisingly diminishing.We all sit there week in week out in the hope of the tide turning but at the moment there looks little hope of that happening.By the time the Blackpool match is here at the end of the month unless anyting positive happens this week i am sure that 350 will be more like 200!

Guest KingswoodRed

Good post.

I have to say I think you have hit the nail on the head by saying it is habit.

I am so keen to get back to watching City on a weekend & evening for that matter, but I (much to my daughters sadness) have managed to break the habit.

I am not staying away so as to hurt the board financially, or because I have anything in particular better to do. I am staying away until I can feel I am about to be entertained when I, and my daughter sit down before the game.

I hope that day comes soon.

Unfortunately I think you are not far from the truth, although I would suggest 5/600 is the hard core away support at the moment, taking Wrexham as a good guide, poor ground, not easy to get to and a damn long way.

This Saturday has more to do with the cost, the view and the lack of cover. The rugby may have a slight bearing as well.

However, my real concern is that there could be well less than 9,000 for the Barnsley game and that must be worrying to the club.

Nobody can say City fans are fickle because to average what we have over the past 3/4 seasons with no success and averaging around 1,000 away is beyond most clubs in this divisions wildest dreams.

Other than Blackpool I won't be watching City until Boxing Days trip to Brentford and that will depend on the availability of tickets to non season ticket, membership, CATs members.

It was a nightmare trying to get a couple of tickets from BPA and in the end got 2 direct from the home side without any problems whatsoever, buck up Admin!

Archived