IGNORED

New Banksy In Bs3?

Magic Man

appeared overnight sometime between 11.30 pm sunday and 8am monday.

Thats all we know.

The press have been down and are due to publish it today or tomorrow and say that Banksy and his people will contact them to confirm if it was or wasn't something that he has done.

Interesting stuff anyway!

Personally i reckon it excellent.

T-shirts anyone?!?!

Rob

Thats all we know.

The press have been down and are due to publish it today or tomorrow and say that Banksy and his people will contact them to confirm if it was or wasn't something that he has done.

T-shirts anyone?!?!

Rob

Rob,

Get Banksy to get one down the Robins, more exposure down there too. But yes, it's fantastic and I would certainly love a t-shirt with it on.

MM

Rob,

Get Banksy to get one down the Robins, more exposure down there too. But yes, it's fantastic and I would certainly love a t-shirt with it on.

MM

Would be good! but unfortuantly i dont think Banksy is in the business of doing things on request. Its the element of suprise and controversy that makes his work what it is.

John who works for us at the Robins is a great astist though. He has just done a superb, modern art image tribute on canvas to Sir Bobby Robson. So i might get him to look into doing a nice big tribute to City legens on one of the walls. Ill see if he is upto the challenge!!

And before anyone asks, NO, he didnt do this one at BS3!!

Rob

:englandsmile4wf:

All of his wall work is with stencils

yep he gives advice here

http://twistedhumor.misbehave.org.uk/2004/...-by-banksy.html

The time of getting fame for your name on its own is over. Artwork that is only about wanting to be famous will never make you famous. Any fame is a bi-product of making something that means something. You don't go to a restaurant and order a meal because you want to have a shit. :rofl2br:

All of his wall work is with stencils

Fair enough can't say I've noticed before - but the overspray does seem a bit clumsy(unless there is some deep arty meaning to it that I haven't grasped)

To bcfbsc20 - I like this one

"Graffiti writers are not real villains. I am always reminded of this by real villains who consider the idea of breaking in someplace, not stealing anything and then leaving behind a painting of your name in four foot high letters the most retarded thing they ever heard of."

John who works for us at the Robins is a great astist though. He has just done a superb, modern art image tribute on canvas to Sir Bobby Robson. So i might get him to look into doing a nice big tribute to City legens on one of the walls. Ill see if he is upto the challenge!!

And before anyone asks, NO, he didnt do this one at BS3!!

Rob

Good shout Rob,

On the wall by the new patio would be quality. Bit different to canvas work but would look great and add more to it being a community football pub.

MM

It's almost certainly not a Banksy, but not doubt the press will over-hype the fact that it 'could be one'... it'll probably make the front page!

Thats all we know.

T-shirts anyone?!?!

Rob

yes please :englandsmile4wf:

Heard an explanation through the grapevine which isnt Banksy.

I wouldn and couldn say with absolute certainty that it's not though and why would I. Speculating it might be is far more fun than potentially confirming it's not!

yes please :englandsmile4wf:

Ok, well as your about the 20th person to express an interest in these either on here or people who have text me. I'm onto it, as providing the image can be remastered to a high enough quality, we should have some available for the Home game on saturday.

Still waiting for a cost before i know how much they will be - but watch this space.

Yeah yeah i know its expliotation blah blah blah but who wouldnt if this happened outside their house!! :laugh:

Will will however only get a very limited number done, so that they are a bit unique.

pm me if you want to reserve one, i guess they will be about £15 and good quality shirts.

Rob

Banksy's from Yate near where I live, though I wouldn't know if he has any football allegiance at all...

...Maybe Cole Skuse knows?! :whistle2:

banksy used to drink in the coopers. and is a city fan.

but it isnt him FACT.

he used to sit in dolman B.

but thats as far as i can go with this one.

Ok, well as your about the 20th person to express an interest in these either on here or people who have text me. I'm onto it, as providing the image can be remastered to a high enough quality, we should have some available for the Home game on saturday.

Still waiting for a cost before i know how much they will be - but watch this space.

Yeah yeah i know its expliotation blah blah blah but who wouldnt if this happened outside their house!! :laugh:

Will will however only get a very limited number done, so that they are a bit unique.

pm me if you want to reserve one, i guess they will be about £15 and good quality shirts.

Rob

Surely thats for Signmarket to do as its on their building, isnt it?

Rob

PM Sent :englandsmile4wf:

Guest thefirstknowle

Oh, Banksy is a City fan,

He really hates the gas,

And if you are a gashead,

He'll paint your ******* ass.

what does it say im not registering on that shite

:gasmask: quote.

A Banksy type piece of work has sprung up near the city ground showing Jesus on the cross with a red rag on..

Banksy or no Banksy (and i'm a fan of his stuff) This has to be defaced and soon.

:gasmask:

:gasmask: quote.

A Banksy type piece of work has sprung up near the city ground showing Jesus on the cross with a red rag on..

Banksy or no Banksy (and i'm a fan of his stuff) This has to be defaced and soon.

:gasmask:

well if it gets defaced then they should fear for there pubs

a while back now down town a young lad in a city shirt got punched by a sag only problem for the sags he was from knowle and his family knew some people anyway that night one of the pubs got put through and i imagine the same would happen in this case

Guest MaloneFM

It's...intersting.

I just find it mildly blasphemous and gives me an odd feeling at the back of my mind as well. I sanction the calling of Bob Taylor 'god' any day of the week but I find someone getting crucified in a city shirt strangely unsettling. If a different image was used, other than the darkest hour before death, still Jesus but something like the Last Supper then I wouldn't feel as uncomfortable.

Maybe its why Basso hasn't re-signed his contract.

Typical bloody catholic reaction but there you go eh?

It's...intersting.

I just find it mildly blasphemous and gives me an odd feeling at the back of my mind as well. I sanction the calling of Bob Taylor 'god' any day of the week but I find someone getting crucified in a city shirt strangely unsettling. If a different image was used, other than the darkest hour before death, still Jesus but something like the Last Supper then I wouldn't feel as uncomfortable.

Maybe its why Basso hasn't re-signed his contract.

Typical bloody catholic reaction but there you go eh?

So as a piece of art that is supposed to make you think/feel what religion means to you....... It works ?

Guest MaloneFM
So as a piece of art that is supposed to make you think/feel what religion means to you....... It works ?

Put like that I suppose it does.

It's...interesting.

I just find it mildly blasphemous and gives me an odd feeling at the back of my mind as well. I find someone getting crucified in a city shirt strangely unsettling. If a different image was used, other than the darkest hour before death, still Jesus but something like the Last Supper then I wouldn't feel as uncomfortable.

Oddly enough, Malone the image had exactly the same effect on me.

Maybe its something to with age. Although I don't practice any faith, christianity was always part of my childhood. Compuslery Sunday School and Confirmation into the C of E age 14. Since then I only attend church at weddings at funerals. I vividly remember Christ on the cross feeling like a sacrosanct imagine that its wrong to corupt.

Strange now seeing the image at the BS3. Much as can see the link between football and religion, like you I think another image of Christ could have been used.

If it is a Banksey - then he is doing what he's best known for - stimulating debate.

Certainly not Banksy but is a nice idea. Would have been better is he were wearing a goalie top with his boots hanging from his hands...

That wouldn't be a good idea, it's a long time since we had a keeper who could handle a cross well

Is it me or has the image gone?! I wanted it as my wallpaper at work!!!

I'll try and get a decent shot of it on my camera tomorrow and post up some standard wallpaper resolutions.

Guest betherz

its not a banksy piece of artwork. it looks a lot like it but its just in the same style and is obviously done in stencils.

none the less whoever did this is a genius!

:city:

Rob

Hi Rob,

I can't PM you as I'm still a "Newbie." Wanted to get two of these t-shirts (if you still have any left) for a couple of friends who want them. How else can I get in touch with you? There's a way to email isn't there without everyone on here seeing?

Out of interest, when does a "Newbie" become a "Member?!"

Archived