IGNORED

Clarkson Being Wasted

screech

Now let me get this straight first, I am not against a 3-5-2 formation or 4-3-3 or anything similar to this, but what I do dislike is we have yet again brought a player to the club who is being played out of his natural position.

What good does this do, for his confidence and for our team, If we are to play with someone dropping off the front two, can we please put a player there like Williams or Johnson.

After 4-5 games of Clarkson playing in this position it is blindingly obvious that he doesn't like it, it doesn't suit him and each time he gets brought off it must be draining his confidence.

Play him up front from the start or put him on the bench to be used as a replacement for one of the front two. Round pegs for round holes as it were.

Now let me get this straight first, I am not against a 3-5-2 formation or 4-3-3 or anything similar to this, but what I do dislike is we have yet again brought a player to the club who is being played out of his natural position.

What good does this do, for his confidence and for our team, If we are to play with someone dropping off the front two, can we please put a player there like Williams or Johnson.

After 4-5 games of Clarkson playing in this position it is blindingly obvious that he doesn't like it, it doesn't suit him and each time he gets brought off it must be draining his confidence.

Play him up front from the start or put him on the bench to be used as a replacement for one of the front two. Round pegs for round holes as it were.

jurys still out on this fella but akinde definitely looks the part.

I'm so glad somebody feels the same way :fingerscrossed:

if anything i'd stick Haynes behind the two, let him pick up the ball and run with it

CLarkson is very much wasted behind the front two

GJ has played him out of position for 4 games, and 2 of those he's come off at half time, he must be pretty confused as to why he was brought to the club :surrender:

Totally agree, if Gary is taking him off after half time every game when it doesnt work surely this proves it just doesnt work with him in this postion. so why waste him for a first half when it doesnt work, why not just realise it doesnt work and change it before the game starts, maybe this is why we havnt scored in the first half yet this season.

My thoughts eaxcatly, at times today Clarkson was dropping as deep as Hartley and Elliot to pick up the ball.. What the hell is that all about?! The guy is clearly a centre foward and if we are going to play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 you cant have Maynard Haynes and Clakrson all on the pitch at once (unless Haynes plays as a winger which isnt were he is most affective).

As you said Johnson or Gavin Williams should be playing in the hole behind the front two and not a bloody CF.

IMO Clarkson's played well in the hole when we have been able to get the ball to him on the deck. I'd rather see him up top with Maynard but that won't happen unless GJ realises that replacing McIndoe by asking McAllister to do two jobs when he's only just capable of one was folly and goes and buys a decent left winger.

Johnson behind the front 2? :noexpression: Good god don't put me thru that!! Hate to say it but that is NOT his position. Saying that nor is it on the right of a week midfield playing 4-3-3 away to Cardiff.

Guest Sting Ray

I completely agree, see my thread on "Lack of Width". Clarkson keeps getting dragged out wide to plug gaps because of this stupid formation, and is even being forced to track midfield runners as far back as our own half!!!! He is a skillful player who could do some serious damage in this league, provided we keep him in the final 3rd of the pitch!

Guest RC1984

Taken off twice at half time already. Or was he "ill" both times? Shows how far Williams is off the pace if an ill player out of position is in ahead of him.

Archived