IGNORED

4-4-2 Cb Pairing.

marshy

Many on the forum are calling for a return to a 'simple' 4-4-2 despite the fact that we were 7 pts from the first three games playing 3-4-1-2 and also we seem to have not a single wide midfielder that anyone is happy with, let alone two, or any acceptable cover in that position.

In addition we would need to decide upon the Centre Back pairing. Given Nyatanga's impressive start for the club would he be your first choice to partner either Carey or Fontaine in a 4-4-2?

We may have got a few points with wing backs but if we persist with them we won't get many more. We've played just 45 minutes of good football and our luck has run out, we now need to stabilise before this becomes a trend.

Carey and Fontaine for me. Nyatanga on the bench.

We may have got a few points with wing backs but if we persist with them we won't get many more. We've played just 45 minutes of good football and our luck has run out, we now need to stabilise before this becomes a trend.

Carey and Fonts for me too, more of a problem will be the midfield, letting Mcindoe go with no replacement lined up could be our Nemisis.

Guest leobcfc1

I'd put Nyatanga in McCallister's position. He is so slow any winger picks up on it straight away.

Guest Sting Ray

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I've been endlessly posting about this for the last week, really don't understand why nobody else can't see that this wing backs formation is a disaster.

We managed to somehow fluke our way to 7 points from 3 games, when we realistically probably deserved only 1. We are now getting found out and need to switch back to what we do best.

Carey and nyatanga for me, with fontaine left back by the way.

Guest Sting Ray
Oh dear. :noexpression:

Really? He's not much of an attacking threat, I agree, but he is an excellent left-sided defender and putting him there for a few games would at least make us a bit more solid in wide areas for once.

I am convinced that if we had played 4-4-2 with Mcallister in front of fontaine agaisnt Cardiff, then Burke would not have had as much joy and we would have not conceded the three ensuing goals. We were far too open down our left flank and Chris Burke, who is average at best, was made to look like a world beater as a result of the amount of space he continually found himself in.

It's a relatively negative move, but I'd rather we did that than get embarassed again like we did against Cardiff and Carlisle.

Archived