IGNORED

Basso's Save

screech

Superb.

After making that terrific save in the second half I thought it was nice to hear his name being sang. Glad to see him back however brief, and apart from one miskick I thought he looked like he had never been away. He couldn't have done anything with the goal and maybe on that showing will mean he gets a few more games even if Gerkin is fit. Well done Basso, now sign the ruddy contract.

A seperate note, a good point today for me, a very well organised Scunny team and they looked a decent enough team at times, I can't see them being relegated if they continue to play as they did.

I think a few people have slipped back into thinking just because S****horpe isn't a big name we should expect to bury them out of sight, we should all realise by now that the Championship is an extremely tight league and every point is hard fought. We looked very good at times but still seem to put the brakes on once we get into the final third, a fully fit side with Hartley, Sno, Soborio Maynard and Haynes all firing will hopefully be enough to get us close to the playoffs if indeed in them.

Superb.

After making that terrific save in the second half I thought it was nice to hear his name being sang. Glad to see him back however brief, and apart from one miskick I thought he looked like he had never been away. He couldn't have done anything with the goal and maybe on that showing will mean he gets a few more games even if Gerkin is fit. Well done Basso, now sign the ruddy contract.

A seperate note, a good point today for me, a very well organised Scunny team and they looked a decent enough team at times, I can't see them being relegated if they continue to play as they did.

I think a few people have slipped back into thinking just because S****horpe isn't a big name we should expect to bury them out of sight, we should all realise by now that the Championship is an extremely tight league and every point is hard fought. We looked very good at times but still seem to put the brakes on once we get into the final third, a fully fit side with Hartley, Sno, Soborio Maynard and Haynes all firing will hopefully be enough to get us close to the playoffs if indeed in them.

I liked the way Brad cuddled him after that save, think Brad's glad to have him back.

Guest mindjuicer

He made 2 other good saves, both to his right. In the first half, he punched away a header from their #9 after a great free kick. In the 2nd half, he held on to a powerful drive.

Is it a coincidence that the defence played better with him behind them?

He made 2 other good saves, both to his right. In the first half, he punched away a header from their #9 after a great free kick. In the 2nd half, he held on to a powerful drive.

Is it a coincidence that the defence played better with him behind them?

Thought he looked very confident today. Seemed to go and claim the ball in the air a lot when I would have expected him to stay on his line.

Kicking was a mixed bag - some not too bad, but one or two heart in mouth moments. Hopefully he will sign a suitable contract to reflect the fact that he will not be first choice keeper this year, and will have to fight for that place if he wants it back.

Superb.

ffs sign the man.........

sort the deal, surely they cant be too far apart...

Guest bigcheese

yer, Dean who? hehe jk

But seriously cant blame the guy for wanting to progress given his age, just wish he said right at end of last season than start of this!

Pity some ppl boo'ed him :disapointed2se:

However good the saves were I'm sure Deano would have saved them as well. Deano for me is our new number 1 with Henderson as number 2 with Basso as 3rd choice.

Archived