IGNORED

City Gain Jeff Winter's Support

94th Minute

I know its a long long time ago; but Jeff Winter still seems to see the importance of clearing our name, I think its worth a post too!

Regarding Sunderlands freak goal

"I try to defend referees whenever possible but on this occasion everyone is having a laugh and a joke but this, in terms of interpreting the laws of the game, is far more serous than when a ball crosses a line and somebody doesn't see it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/8312966.stm

I tried to make the point here (with sarcasm) about the differences in the media backlash

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=121036

I agree with Jeff that this is more serious. Whether a ball cross a line is a hard judgement call, the flight of the ball changing as it hits an object that shouldn't have been there should be easier to spot (and I still can't believe neither manager knew the rules regarding it - surely courses on the laws of the game should be compulsory for managers?).

Despite this, no one is calling Sunderland cheats.

Despite this, no one is calling Sunderland cheats.

Because they didn't cheat. They didn't know the rules either.

We all saw the ball go in, the officials didn't. We didn't cheat, but could we have been more honest? Absolutely. In an ideal world where noone cheats perhaps we might have been. But when dealing with the Colin i'm happy to stoop to the gutter level to get one over on them.

It's neither teams job to do the officials work for them, but there's no question of honesty in the Sunderland match. It's pure and utter incompetancy by the officials. Either they didn't see it, or they didn't know the rules. I refuse to believe they didn't see it.

**** Jeff Winter this is what he said:

In the Bristol City v Crystal Palace incident, culpability lies with the referee and certainly with the assistant referee. But there is also an onus on the players to be honest.

The Bristol City players knew it was a goal - you could see that by the way their heads dropped.

If players were honest about the game, we wouldn't need video technology in the first place.

Perhaps that is too much to expect in the multi-million-pound business that is today's football world.

When it was pointed out that the linesman had his flag held up vertically - did he make a retraction - did he **** he just slagged us off - **** him and **** his irrelevant views.

Archived