IGNORED

Southgate

Guest westy

I assume by having a better CV you mean that he played in the premier league, and for england. Well so did Bryan Robson, John Barnes, Peter Shilton, Bobby Charlton and many more but management wasnt for them, regardless if they were a great player or not. Southgate took a decent enough premier league team and got them relegated despite the backing of a good chairman. I think he is intelligent as far as football people go, and a good guy, and may end up doing ok, but based on his time as manager as Middlesborough, no one can say it was a success.

As for Martinez at Wigan, I dont think he would have gotten that job unless he played for them before and Dave Whelan already knew him? Or at least, that had a significant bearing on him getting it anyway.

Edited by simon uk

Obviously people don't take into account the first 70 mins of a game & 3 formation changes

There are lots of better managers but how many would end up at the gate? - just like players not the easiest to get top people

If GJ was as great as everyone is making out why in the hell is Martinez at Wigan and not GJ - must have been on the shortlist

I take your point that you don't think Southgate is one of them though - time will tell

Dave W is actually good friends with Martinez... So maybe just MAYBE that played a little bit in the role of him getting the job... or was it because he used to play for them? not sure...

To be honest you fail to answer any of the questions put forward to you.

70 Mins... 3 Formations...

3-1 Victory... what more do you really want?

Ok, ok I've calmed down a bit now, changed my underpants, and sewn my sides back up.

Westy - you are not alone in thinking that International Players of EXCEPTIONAL quality have the where-with-all to be a good club manager.

People on this forum are often incredulous when a Chairman from a Prem team appoints ex-England/Italy/Holland player(with no managerial experience) as a Manager of a club in the highest profile league in the World.

Examples (- top of my head)

Ruud Gullit - Chelsea - no managerial experience - did good(ish) job (however Ruud at Newcastle - disastrous)

Shearer - Newcastle - no managerial experience - 1 win in 8(?) - jury VERY much out (but no window/money to spend)

Zola - West Ham - no managerial experience - has done Ok

Adams - Portsmouth - LITTLE managerial experience - TERRIBLE

Bryan Robson - Middlesborough - 3 wembley finals - but effing useless

Roy Keane - Sunderland - admits that he got VERY lucky and has a lot to learn(at Ipswichs expense)

So admittedly having had a laugh at your experience, as you can see - a lot smarter men than you and I fall into the trap of signing high PROFILE managers - it really does not mean however, that they will be any better(or worse) than managers with less distinguished playing careers.

Dave W is actually good friends with Martinez... So maybe just MAYBE that played a little bit in the role of him getting the job... or was it because he used to play for them? not sure...

To be honest you fail to answer any of the questions put forward to you.

70 Mins... 3 Formations...

3-1 Victory... what more do you really want?

I understand there is history between wigan and martinez - but compare martinez to Johnson similar equation and get the same result

what I really really want is consistancy

One final attempt at explaining my rational although think my time is wasted on most of you:

If you're going to hire a pilot ones used to flying big planes and the other flys smaller planes. So you want a big plane who do you opt for pilot A who has flown a big plane or Pilot B the best pilot of small aircraft??

Obviously people don't take into account the first 70 mins of a game & 3 formation changes

There are lots of better managers but how many would end up at the gate? - just like players not the easiest to get top people

If GJ was as great as everyone is making out why in the hell is Martinez at Wigan and not GJ - must have been on the shortlist

I take your point that you don't think Southgate is one of them though - time will tell

I'm not a massive fan of GJ and wouldn't jump off the suspension bridge if he left for any reason provided we brought someone in with talent, but in my opinion, with Gareth Southgate and no transfer monies for him to play with, we'd end up in a worse position than with GJ.

There are a lot worse managers than GJ in the CCC .

I'm not sure anyone 'big' was interested in GJ even after we got to Wembley, but that might be more a feature of his age than anything else - 'bigger' clubs seem more likely to take a punt on a younger coach .

I fully expect Darren Ferguson to be courted in the future, even if he takes Peterboro down.

Ok, ok I've calmed down a bit now, changed my underpants, and sewn my sides back up.

Westy - you are not alone in thinking that International Players of EXCEPTIONAL quality have the where-with-all to be a good club manager.

People on this forum are often incredulous when a Chairman from a Prem team appoints ex-England/Italy/Holland player(with no managerial experience) as a Manager of a club in the highest profile league in the World.

Examples (- top of my head)

Ruud Gullit - Chelsea - no managerial experience - did good(ish) job (however Ruud at Newcastle - disastrous)

Shearer - Newcastle - no managerial experience - 1 win in 8(?) - jury VERY much out (but no window/money to spend)

Zola - West Ham - no managerial experience - has done Ok

Adams - Portsmouth - LITTLE managerial experience - TERRIBLE

Bryan Robson - Middlesborough - 3 wembley finals - but effing useless

Roy Keane - Sunderland - admits that he got VERY lucky and has a lot to learn(at Ipswichs expense)

So admittedly having had a laugh at your experience, as you can see - a lot smarter men than you and I fall into the trap of signing high PROFILE managers - it really does not mean however, that they will be any better(or worse) than managers with less distinguished playing careers.

The difference though, is this. Say Johnson upped and left, or got sacked, and someone suggested Southgate, that would be fair enough. He wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice, but it wouldn't be an outrageous suggestion. However, the issue I have is that the original poster advocates sacking Johnson (seriously considering it - his words) to replace him with a managerial failure (so far in his career).

I understand there is history between wigan and martinez - but compare martinez to Johnson similar equation and get the same result

One final attempt at explaining my rational although think my time is wasted on most of you:

If you're going to hire a pilot ones used to flying big planes and the other flys smaller planes. So you want a big plane who do you opt for pilot A who has flown a big plane or Pilot B the best pilot of small aircraft??

Yes but if the big pilot has crashed the thing, i know which one i would want.

Martinez and Johnson are not really similar tho.... Johnsons CV is actually VERY impressive...

O and Pilot B because Pilot A Took his plane down when it was perfect :closedeyes:

Edited by Benerz

Has any body started selling "Johnson is God" T-Shirts yet??

It's a matter of opinion I like Southgate and think he will be one of the top english managers in the future, I also like GJ and think he is a good manager however I feel that GJ has taken us as far as he can (as pointed out on numerous threads about his limitations) hence would like a manager with Premier League experience. I do not accept Southgate has failed at middlesborough you've just got to read some of Gibson's statements to understand it wasn't the easiest job in the world.

Anyway time will tell, lets see where Southgate is and GJ is in 3-5 years. My guess is Southgate will be managing in Premier League and GJ will be Championship / League 1

p.s. I think GJ has done a good job but could always be better, I attribute our success to SL mainly not GJ

Hes hardly going to come out and say weve had a crap manager for a few years, and put himself in the firing line as to why he didnt sack him ages ago is he!! This thread is a wind up - there is no other thing for it

Martinez is at Wigan because he used to play for Wigan and still loves the club and supporters and is also a personal friend of their chairman Dave Whelan!

The difference though, is this. Say Johnson upped and left, or got sacked, and someone suggested Southgate, that would be fair enough. He wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice, but it wouldn't be an outrageous suggestion. However, the issue I have is that the original poster advocates sacking Johnson (seriously considering it - his words) to replace him with a managerial failure (so far in his career).

I have not advocated sacking Johnson just said if I was SL I would seriously consider it. What i'm really intimating is that during Southgate's time off and as the season goes on with inconsistancies on and off the field then Southgate would be on our Shortlist to replace - and I for one would think he was a great choice - I hope SL doesn't otherwise there'll be a riot be the looks of it!!!!!!!

easton boy I appreciate the more constructive point about how these decisions tend to be made by chairmen - and quite simply if it was my money I would pop for someone with less managerial experience and a swagger about them (exactly like martinez - it's a bit annoying because I hated wigan but now I actually admire their chairman and wish them well).

The point is do you take the tried and tested plodder or gamble on a profile that could go either way.

I have not advocated sacking Johnson just said if I was SL I would seriously consider it. What i'm really intimating is that during Southgate's time off and as the season goes on with inconsistancies on and off the field then Southgate would be on our Shortlist to replace - and I for one would think he was a great choice - I hope SL doesn't otherwise there'll be a riot be the looks of it!!!!!!!

easton boy I appreciate the more constructive point about how these decisions tend to be made by chairmen - and quite simply if it was my money I would pop for someone with less managerial experience and a swagger about them (exactly like martinez - it's a bit annoying because I hated wigan but now I actually admire their chairman and wish them well).

The point is do you take the tried and tested plodder or gamble on a profile that could go either way.

Soooooooo! what has southgate achieved? whats on his cv??

Gazza has a great international CV

Robbie Savage has a great international CV

I used to own a westy type dog he had a great pedigree

Your main thrust seems to be falling crowds, take a look around mate everybody is suffering and remember as this forum reminded us all last season and the start of this season many extra fans last season were glory hunters thinking we were going go one better than the previous season. But hey if you blame GJ for the recession...................

If thats a tried and trusted manager i would take the gamble that could go either way, maybe the gamble would get us relegated (the same result as the 'tried and trusted' one!!

Guest Frome Red

Westy what have you been taking ? you cant even answer what Southgate has achieved as a manager more than Gj ! maybe that's because he has achieved nothing even when he had a squad full of star players ( in the prem ) anyway are you going to the yeovil match this weekend ?

Soooooooo! what has southgate achieved? whats on his cv??

Finally riaz you've asked a question worth answering, Southgates brief CV:

playing - reached the top, been there done that experience, so knows what it's all about and what it takes + how to manage high profile players.

managing - taken on a very difficult job in the best league in the world at a bad time and has performed well

name - will attract better players and more publicity to the gate

personality - a jolly good bloke, striaght talking and honest

summary - a very good all-rounder with experience in all the areas required to be successful

playing - reached the top, been there done that experience, so knows what it's all about and what it takes + how to manage high profile players.

managing - taken on a very difficult job in the best league in the world at a bad time and has performed well

summary - a very good all-rounder with experience in all the areas required to be successful

No, he did not 'perform well' at Boro. He took them from a period of success under McClaren where they were an established mid-table Premier League team to relegation in a weak premier league in three years.

Also i think about 50 other people have asked this question in this thread and the 4th time just from Riaz...

Are you really serious? Tell me one thing where he has performed well? each season has got worse and then a relegation?

I really fail to see how he is better than GJ and you cannot answer that with something even close.

for the 53rd time, Just because he played top level will not make him succeed in management...

Edited by Benerz

managing - taken on a very difficult job in the best league in the world at a bad time and has performed wellname - will attract better players and more publicity to the gate

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - leave the rest of the tennents super in the fridge, there's a good boy. Daddy will be home to get on his laptop in a minute.

If I may...

- He didn't reach the top. The top is the upper reaches of the champions league / top 4 (irrelevant in talking about managers)

- Taking a top half prem mainstay to relegtion in 3 yrs isnt perfrming well

- What 'names' has he attracted?

- Straight talking and honest...not specifically qualities I look for, I'd look at results first.

Steve Mclaren is a better manager - fact

Well scrub off his playing career, cos that means f all when comparing managers.

Actual managing - "performed well" - avin a laugh, others have already said, took a established side and made them relegation material. That is performing badly.

Name - I'll give you that one, Its at the top of his CV without much else with it.

He may be a jolly good fella, but again, this does not have much to do with his managerial skills.

Lastly very good all-rounder? very good at what? taking teams down a division??

GJ is one of the best managers in the entire world and we are fortunate to have him. is this thread started by the same person who thought Roy Keane was better than GJ by any chance? roflmfao? some people are funny

Hell will freeze over before we get rid of GJ, there is no manager in the WORLD i would swop for him..... IN THE WORLD DO WE UNDERSTAND!!!?!?!?!?!?

still dont understand why they sacked him mind, perhaps they tapped up GJ and had him lined up to replace him....DOOOOOH!!!! Ahhh nooooo GJ dont goooooo :o :o :o :o

nah he wont goto Boro, Bristol is a much bigger city than Boro, Boro (bless them) its a crudhole in fairness, and its north of Watford

Edited by CiderHider

Southgate had to deal with a massively reduced budget from the days of McLaren so it's a bit unfair to blame him totally for Boro's downfall. Granted they shouldn't have been relegated but it's not as simple as saying he took a good team and relegated them. Better managers would have struggled to do much more.

I actually believe Southgate will be a good manager one day (and may well be one already). But Bristol City has a manager, a very, very good one indeed, on a long contract and with a good loyalty record. We should be one of the last clubs to be considering a new manager right now.

Southgate had to deal with a massively reduced budget from the days of McLaren so it's a bit unfair to blame him totally for Boro's downfall. Granted they shouldn't have been relegated but it's not as simple as saying he took a good team and relegated them. Better managers would have struggled to do much more.

I actually believe Southgate will be a good manager one day (and may well be one already). But Bristol City has a manager, a very, very good one indeed, on a long contract and with a good loyalty record. We should be one of the last clubs to be considering a new manager right now.

Thanks for answering the bit about boro + other circumstances to contend with, anyway I couldn't get the energy to reply to people who obviously think managing boro in the prem is an easy task.

I accept your point and feeling about GJ and don't get me wrong I like GJ and think he is a good manager it's just over the last season or so I feel his selections, tactics and consistancy has been poor so in that scenario I would consider my options - thankfully it's not down to me by the reactions of the majority.

Arsene Wenger shortlisted Southgate for the England job a couple of years back obviously he's not even good enough for bcfc!! - if I'm half as mad as Arsene then i'm gonna be OK

Well I reckon we ought to get Roy Keane in if GJ gets sacked.

When any chairman says "lets get Roy keane in" no names Marcus Evans :whistle: ....swift action should be taken to remove him from his post of control and authority as they clearly have no forking ideal what a complete psychopath and nutjob he is.

Haha now the rage quitter is threatening him no to interfear with how he runs the club, christ Ipswich are soooooo relegated already, i almost feel sorry for them

Is there another Gareth Southgate? I only know the one who has achieved sweet FA in his managerial career at Boro!

Westy - Do you partake in similar substances as Whitney Houston?

In fairness to middlesborough, they do have a decent academy set up, one of the better ones in the country I would suggest, and Southgate did give a lot of them 1st team football in the premier league. They werent good enough to stop them being relegated, but he gave them their chance none the less. Im not sure if that is a "plus" in the Southgate managerial column or not, if it is, it is only a small one cause he still got them relegated.

i'm really sorry too spoil everybody's fun.

Westy I will give you an out here.

Forget the playing CV it is totally irrelevant, Years ago Lawrie Mcmenemy had never played professionally but was a great manager with Southampton and by todays standard what about Jose Mourhino he has no playing CV.

Admit that Southgates managerial CV is not anywhere near as good as GJ's and the pain will stop, Especially as it's true and everybody other than you can see that.

PS:-if not I can email you the details of a great therapist.

Replacing GJ with Southgate would, IMO, be ludicrous.

Playing and management are two different things and there is no relation between your ability at one and t'other.

There are plenty of examples of shit footballers who are great managers and great footballers who are shit managers.

Southgate may have managed in the Prem, but that only matters if you think failure is a qualification. It isn't.

If GJ were to leave and we needed a replacement I would hate for it to be Southgate.

He is not and never has been a winner.

Edited by Nibor

Southgate wont be at ag anytime soon.Lansdown didn't get where he is today through being braindead. Not saying he's a terrible manager but a better cv than Johnson which consists of one relegation ? Truely laughable.

Guest Bobby Hutch's curly mullet

On the playing argument,take a look at the last 3/4 most successful managers in english football, Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger (and maybe Benitez,he did win the CL). What did any of them ever do in their playing careers.

Oh and by the way. Ive never heard such drivel either.

On the playing argument,take a look at the last 3/4 most successful managers in english football, Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger (and maybe Benitez,he did win the CL). What did any of them ever do in their playing careers.

Oh and by the way. Ive never heard such drivel either.

Add to that Ron Atkinson(non league only??)

On the other side - Brian Clough - great footballer - incredible manager

Southgate wont be at ag anytime soon.Lansdown didn't get where he is today through being braindead. Not saying he's a terrible manager but a better cv than Johnson which consists of one relegation ? Truely laughable.

It also consists of 3 years Premier League management that it seems you all think is worthless - yea sure you jump on the fact that great players don't make great managers christ you're all so clever. Why not put togther all of his attributes togther and they are way ahead of GJ's

Guest BCFC Matthaus
It also consists of 3 years Premier League management that it seems you all think is worthless

He would never have made it to 3 years Premier League management without such a patient chairman as Gibson!

It also consists of 3 years Premier League management that it seems you all think is worthless - yea sure you jump on the fact that great players don't make great managers christ you're all so clever. Why not put togther all of his attributes togther and they are way ahead of GJ's

3 years which saw a worse finish each year! So your argument is that even though he failed at managment, it doesn't matter because it was in the PL, thus still making him a great manager.

Whats better? Failure in the PL or success in a lower league. Hmmm.

Serious question. What attributes do you speak of? Not saying he has none, just interested.

Edited by City07

It also consists of 3 years Premier League management that it seems you all think is worthless

Its not worthless, its just all he has, where as Gary has so much more experience and has achieved a lot more. I know who I'd rather have managing us in the premier league. If Southgate had worked his way up to the prem then fair enough, but he was just given a job there.... and failed.

Guest Swansea_Red

Most players and managers believe the pinnacle of football is to manage on the international stage. Gary has done that, Gareth hasn't.

So surely by westy's reckoning GJ is the better manager anyway....

I know this has been mentioned before but just thought I'd emphasise!

Edited by Swansea_Red

you lot must be all highly succesful and multi-millionaires if you consider Southgate a failure - jokers

he may become a good manager one day. but at the moment, he's managed one club and failed miserably.

And compare him to johnson and he's a definate failure

JUST signed on for the first time since this morning - Have I missed something??? Has GJ been named the new manager at Anfield today, has SL suddenly made him Director of football at Ashton, has his missus asked him to leave the pressures of management, has he decided to join a religious sect.........................

WHAT A TOTALLY POINTLESS THREAD.

As far as I am aware GJ is still the manager of BCFC = NO JOB FOR GARETH SOUTHGATE OR ANY OTHER OUT OF WORK MANAGER WHO IS PRESENTLY PRUNING THEIR ROSES

Totally unbelievable that this thread can run to 3 pages.

If I may...

- He didn't reach the top. The top is the upper reaches of the champions league / top 4 (irrelevant in talking about managers)

- Taking a top half prem mainstay to relegtion in 3 yrs isnt perfrming well

- What 'names' has he attracted?

- Straight talking and honest...not specifically qualities I look for, I'd look at results first.

Steve Mclaren is a better manager - fact

My reply has nothing to do with Southgate being manager of this football club in ten years time!!

You seem to brush off Southgate's achievements as a player as though he was some lower league nobody like David Moyes when in fact he was a more than decent Centre Half for England. Surely when you consider that he was an international and you look at who he has played against you cannot argue that he has not played at the top level, surely?

Edited by Greebo

My reply has nothing to do with Southgate being manager of this football club in ten years time!!

You seem to brush off Southgate's achievements as a player as though he was some lower league nobody like David Moyes when in fact he was a more than decent Centre Half for England. Surely when you consider that he was an international and you look at who he has played against you cannot argue that he has not played at the top level, surely?

No Dear, you need to read what I was responding to - Southgate hadnt reached the top of the game...yes he was a quality player and a full international...but he didnt win honours...

Surely the top level would be playing in the top 4 of the prem and champs league, and perhaps winning sommat?

Anyways, is irrelevant to this thread.

OK, Westy is clearly auditionning for a job with Talksport.

I am sure have been unlucky enough to hear them on there.

"Well Wrighty, I think Hitler was a good bloke, I want you and our listeners out there to give me a reason why he wasn't. But if you do I'll call you a muppet no matter what your point is"

Congratulations mate, you have got the job, you start Monday morning opposite that "tube" (sic) Brazil.

Edited by Port Said Red

you lot must be all highly succesful and multi-millionaires if you consider Southgate a failure - jokers

westy, you obviously feel Southgate deserves recognition from BCFC fans - why don't we leave the managing City bit out completely and just pay homage to his managerial greatness by naming City's new regional stadium after him?

It shall be called 'Southgate' and thus he'll be immortalised in Bristol for ever.

Fair compromise? :dunno:

Seeing as we're having some fun here tonight, how's about this for a thought.

If SL were looking for a new manager, it's reasonable to assume that rather than picking an inexperienced player (like Tinnion), he might well go down the path (as he did with GJ) of picking someone who's had success managing a local lower league club. I give you the next manager of Bristol City: Paul Trollope!

Can any of you stattos out there find the results for the games that we have played against Boro over the last few years? I'm sure it will show GJ in a good light bearing in mind respective differences in resources and League standings.
So is GJ going to Boro or what? We have always played well against Boro so that could have impressed Gibson.

not really

Gary Johnson Vs Gareth Southgate

compare their CV's

only one result

don't mislead the thread as an Johnson OUT post because it's not but to consider GJ as irreplaceable is stupid

My friend, you are a ******* idiot.

Southgate's CV - Relegation, exodus of players, replacements of such pedigree as Jeremie Aliadiere

Johnson's CV - Promotion, Play-off final, top 10 finish in every season in charge of City, with significantly lower budgets than many of the teams above us

For me the thread should have ended with this post as westy's integrity faltered into negative values at this point, or better still, the thread should never have been made in the first place. That said, I've read some more posts of westy's now and if he's not on the wind-up then he needs a good slap round the face.

Edited by Carey#6

I thought I had already made my final comment on this thread - however on reading an article in the paper on Southgate thought that I would advise all those incapable of thinking more than two steps in front (oh make that one step) that alot of the questions I couldn't be bothered to answer are explained very well.

Problem is most of you probably won't get near the paper that has a well structured article giving a balanced view, those who do well done and maybe at least can see the point of my post. Those that don't carry on living in your unbalanced otib world of never dare say anything other than the bleedin obvious.

I thought I had already made my final comment on this thread - however on reading an article in the paper on Southgate thought that I would advise all those incapable of thinking more than two steps in front (oh make that one step) that alot of the questions I couldn't be bothered to answer are explained very well.

Problem is most of you probably won't get near the paper that has a well structured article giving a balanced view, those who do well done and maybe at least can see the point of my post. Those that don't carry on living in your unbalanced otib world of never dare say anything other than the bleedin obvious.

Forget the newspaper - did you enjoy the chips?

I refer you to this extract from an interview with Steve Gibson:

Southgate's departure comes with Middlesbrough fourth in the Championship after 13 games, just a point behind leaders West Brom.

However, with three defeats at home already this season, the latest of which came against Watford on Saturday, Gibson admitted that the long-term ambitions of the club had to take priority over short-term form.

"I think the league position flatters some of our performances. When I look at some of the important games we've played against the clubs who are close to us we have quite an abysmal record."

"In football terms, it wasn't that tough a decision. In personal terms, it was very difficult because Gareth Southgate is a very good and decent man," Gibson added.

"The blame traditionally lies at the manager's door and we needed to spark things, and get the fans and the town back behind the club. We can't afford the splinters we have."

Long may GJ remain at AG but when we one day must replace him let's go for someone who is more than just "a very good and decent man".

Which paper is it?! You weren't thinking one step ahead there by not being forthcoming with that info!

The point of your original post is that Steve Lansdown should be having a chat with Gareth Southgate in readiness to replace Gary Johnson. I don't mind saying that in your view i must be ''unbalanced'' because i don't understand why, for all the reasons set out in the couple of hundred replies already given!

The dead horse is well and truly flogged now!

Edited by redfred

Since the back end of last season, i have been one of gary Johnsons biggests critics when it comes to team selections and formations! However, I find this thread the most bizarre thread ive ever read! Ive actually sat here, read it all....then sat here, and read it again thinking I may be missing the point of it.

I just dont get it! You are either high on some kind of narcotic....or you are Gareth Southgate yourself!

I get your point (I think) that one day Gary J will need replacing, becasue Im sure like all managers, there will come a time when he has taken us as far as he can. This could be in 6 mnths time, or in 6 years time.....we will see. but god forbit we ever end up with a manager like Gareth Southgate. As this thread has clearly pointed out, each season he spent at Boro resulted in them going backwards even more.

I just really cant get my head round this thread

If there was ever a good chance for an advert "Kids, just say no to drugs"...this thread is it

This is the funniest, saddest, and most worrying post I have seen for some time. It surely HAS to be a joke.

When will people get over the whole 'he has played in the prem so must be a good manager' sydrome?

99 per cent of the players from the Premier League will NEVER make good managers and using Southgates playing days as an example of why he is good manager is simply rediculous and floored in so many ways. Will joey Barton become a good manager becasue he has 'experiecne of playing in the top level and best league in the world', and you can say the same for hundreds more.

Southgate as a manager has no evidence of being even anywhere as close to GJ in terms of success. He has only spent large amount of money very badly and slowly ruined and relegated a secure and safe Premier League club. And lets not forget that GJ has already outfoxed him once this season, we DID beat them remember and then they had a lovely 5-0 defeat at home to West Brom. God, people go nuts when we draw at home, can you image what would happen if we lost 5-0 at Ashton Gate.

I have not bothered to read past the 2nd page of this thread, it hurt too much from laughing, so I have to say, my post may well be misplaced and unessasary as im fairly sure in the 3rd or 4th page it must be revealed that actually this thread was a wind up all along.