IGNORED

Stadium Decision - Live Match Thread

Guest zider_head

sorry to be a pain and keep this thread going but what will the implications of not getting planning for southlands part,

southlands is the housing bit that will pull in some 5-6Mill towards the cost. The thing is as someone just said - watch them give planning to someone else in 12 months time.

no idea.

So who are the Councillors who voted against (you know the weasel with the grey shirt/glasses and the fat bloke with sideburns - who do they represent???)

Good question.

No matter your politics or your apathy make sure you vote those two ***** out at the next election.

So who are the Councillors who voted against (you know the weasel with the grey shirt/glasses and the fat bloke with sideburns - who do they represent???)

Bristol R*vers? Swindle? Their own egos? Always like to be different and stand out from the crowd?!

sorry to be a pain and keep this thread going but what will the implications of not getting planning for southlands part,

I think it means that we have to find a few million quid to make up the shortfall in funding the development (assuming Sainsbury's goes through of course).

in truth - after all that - I'm not entirely sure what was agreed...

...which says it all. John Bees - Kingsweston - if you can re-elect him next year please do so - only one who seemed to have any sense...

I don't live in Bristol - if I did I'd have a quick flick through the list of councillors on wikipedia and make a few notes on who not to vote for!!!

That could well kill the deal. Also, I don't think that the Sainsburys planning decison is going to be taken for months yet. If that's a no then I imagine everything will collapse.

It won't kill the deal if Sainsbury's is passed I wouldn't have thought. I can't believe that the club will stop the building of a £65 million stadium due to a funding shortfall of circa £5 million.

Hopefully will be passed on appeal.

you'd hope, god knows why they rejected it, they along with most other local authorities have been told by the govt that they have to build x amount of houses, so why they have just rejected a scheme which gives them a sizable chunk of that is beyond me, as they will probably just **** around and end up being forced to build them and ending up having to dump them anywhere and ballsing it all up.

Southlands will happen on appeal. Does not the Planning Committee realise that a housing provision tsunami is going to hit them as is set out in the Regional Strategy? If the City Council try to protect a couple of fields on the edge of the urban area they've no chance.

in truth - after all that - I'm not entirely sure what was agreed...

...which says it all. John Bees - Kingsweston - if you can re-elect him next year please do so - only one who seemed to have any sense...

I don't live in Bristol - if I did I'd have a quick flick through the list of councillors on wikipedia and make a few notes on who not to vote for!!!

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ccm/content/Coun...CouncillorId=68

fatty who voted no

The club can appeal and even take it to government, but they would need a good argument, and not sure financial will be enough. Turn it into an organic farm... or otter farm seeing as there are meant to be so mnay living on that old rubbish tip

I guess that helping to meet the government housing targets would be the argument? I think that BCFC/ SL will still own the land though, so the council couldnt give permission to a developer without acquiring it from BCFC? I am sure the sainsburys application will be fine, but I am slightly concerned at what point SL will pull the plug because of the cost/ too many hoops to be bothered with?

SMS just received confirms that Sexstone is very pleased, so presumably the club will still proceed without the housing approval?

Can somebody please tell me what expense the tax payers are meant to pay? (Section 106)

Section 106 is a form of "compensation" that the club has to provide in return for getting the development passed. Examples included improved infrastructure, childs play facilities or maybe even Bat Roosts and Otter Houses!! I think Adam Baker got the wrong end of the stick unless the argument is that there are not enough S106 items being imposed on the club (therefore being footed by the taxpayer).

YEEE HAAAR but what a bunch of useless clowns they all are. I seriously thought it was going against us, it seemed apart from Cllr Bees all the noise came from the Green Lobby . If thats how democracy works we seriously need a dictatorship in this country to make things happen . Having watched that all night I want to emigrate . I could be living in Spain by the time the Stadiums built !

Guest Hanhamreds
So to put it in simple terms, does this mean that no building work can begin until all conditions are met, ie at least six months?

they don't start building the stadium until Q2 next year anyway.

Guest Red Wardy
So we have it then?? Or have we got to wait until 6 months ??

We've got it. With a list of planning conditions as long as your arm to come no doubt, just to keep the spotlight diverted. That truly was an incredible experience, a real eye-opener and I promise not to take local politics so lightly from now on. I'm dumbfounded by the Councillors (Majority) incapability to hold an intelligent and informed debate.

It became surreal, expected an objection on the Grounds of the proposed site being home to a lesser spotted Uncle Roger.

Edited by Red Wardy

I'm going to make the chat logs as a download. There were some of the most hillarious comments I've ever read during that 4 hour session.

Mind you it'll be parental guidance.

From Adam Baker's very good updates:

"There are a lot of contensious issues but overall we're very pleased," says Colin. "We'll have to sit down and discuss further what to do with regards to the Southlands site." Both Colin and Gary praise the fans who stuck around the support.

Guest Red Wardy

Twas Joe 90 and the black haired swamp thing. Anybody else notice Joe 90 reluctantly put his hand in the air after the seven "for" hands were shown?

Edited by Red Wardy

Guest Whooooossshhhh
I think he did too..

I am sure it was the two libdems who voted NO.

I think it was Grey Shirt & the Hippy Bint that went against commmon sense

ones got to be that ginger haired gobby woman :disapointed2se: and either the tory from Henbury or the grey shirted glass wearing midget

Bespectacled dwarf and long dark haired woman looked the 2 who voted against to me, not the Tory.

That truly was an incredible experience, a real eye-opener and I promise not to take local politics so lightly from now on. I'm dumbfounded by the Councillors (Majority) incapability to hold an intelligent and informed debate.

Believe me in my experience, the lack of coherent debate and inability to grasp what is going on is truly mind-numbing in the majority of elected members in council meetings.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I used to work for BCC and have attended many committee meetings where these muppets can spend hours deciding on something like whether it is ok or not for council tenants to have pets in their flats and if so what sort of pet. And at the same meeting spend just a few moments reaching a decision on complicated issues regarding a major scheme with huge cost implications.

Breath-taking.

At least they got the one tonight right! Eventually! :thumbsup:

Lets not forget about some of the pricesless comments by our elected councillors

'Away fans may get lost when we relocate'

'Season Ticket holders don't visit the official city website'

'What about the hedgerows'

Guest Red Wardy
southlands is the housing bit that will pull in some 5-6Mill towards the cost. The thing is as someone just said - watch them give planning to someone else in 12 months time.

no idea.

City can re-apply with a fresh application for the housing. Thinking about it, I might buy a parcel from the Club and apply for a Pad and a Half overlooking Lansdown's Long Ashton Droopy Otter Gate.

:farmer:

Lets not forget about some of the pricesless comments by our elected councillors

'Away fans may get lost when we relocate'

'Season Ticket holders don't visit the official city website'

'What about the hedgerows'

What have the Romans ever done for us?

What about the hedgerows?

It's round one and we've hit a bit of an obstacle, but when the people know sod all the were always likely to go with the officers report. wouldn't you? Super news all the same.

And yes councillors are that stupid.

Just wanna say to ... Dolly Marie, Miles Hendy, Sexton, GJ etc & all who spoke up supporting the proposal - well done!!

Despite what was obviously a nervewracking experience (even for the pro's) you all came across loud, clear & focussed... unlike that bumbling embarassment of so called public representatives who for the most part did nothing to enhance our faith in local government - I've witnessed more common sense on the Jeremy Kyle Show, where's Judge Judy when she's needed?... still after all the mind numbing questions (mostly bordering on the stupidi) at least somehow we eventually got 90% of what we wanted from the evenings events when the vote finally took place.. 7 - 2 in favour!

Well Done Everyone - congratulations to Steve Landown & BCFC... COME ON YOU REDS!!!

:)