IGNORED

Stadium Decision - Live Match Thread

Guest zider_head

As I understand it, these two were the objectors (from the Ep site)

Simon Rayner: Lib Dem, Kingsweston. An architect by profession, Mr Rayner, 29, who lives with his partner in Clifton, won his Kingsweston seat from Labour in this year's June elections. Mr Rayner doesn't regard himself as a football fan but said: "This will allow me to view the planning issues relating to the stadium."

Fi Hance: Lib Dem, Redland. Ms Hance, 42, who lives in Hurlingham Road, Horfield, with her partner and two young daughters, became a councillor in June. She works as a case worker for Bristol West Lib Dem MP Stephen Williams and decided to enter local politics so she could make a difference to the quality of people's lives.

hey tomf, you forgot about the old dear who asked whether there would still be a drive through mcdonalds built in the middle of the field if the stadium didnt get built!!! :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

I am sure all of their constituents are so proud of them tonight, and they wonder why no one bothers turning up to vote anymore?

Guest Red Wardy
hey tomf, you forgot about the old dear who asked whether there would still be a drive through mcdonalds built in the middle of the field if the stadium didnt get built!!! :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

I am sure all of their constituents are so proud of them tonight, and they wonder why no one bothers turning up to vote anymore?

I tell you, who on the forum would fancy challenging her seat? Got to be worth a go!

Edited by Red Wardy

Guest Red Wardy
Just wanna say to ... Dolly Marie, Miles Hendy, Sexton, GJ etc & all who spoke up supporting the proposal - well done!!

Despite what was obviously a nervewracking experience (even for the pro's) you all came across loud, clear & focussed... unlike that bumbling embarassment of so called public representatives who for the most part did nothing to enhance our faith in local government - I've witnessed more common sense on the Jeremy Kyle Show, where's Judge Judy when she's needed?... still after all the mind numbing questions (mostly bordering on the stupidi) at least somehow we eventually got 90% of what we wanted from the evenings events when the vote finally took place.. 7 - 2 in favour!

Well Done Everyone - congratulations to Steve Landown & BCFC... COME ON YOU REDS!!!

:)

Here, Here. I admire Dolly, she is City through and through. Standing in that "arena" giving it both barrels to Human Scientific experiments, for your Club, is Roy of the Rovers and Billy the Fish rolled into one.

Elected Councillors are exactly that....elected. If many voters dont bother to vote, that apathy will get you unqualified individuals in power. Strong minority's know they can get some power simply by getting a strong minority voting block

I was once involved in a situation where an Alderman was elected by 114-110. The point was the winner was elected to represent an Architects development company, the citizens complained long and loud. There were more than 15,000 registered voters and thats the main story.

Guest mindjuicer
Anyways that was only round one of about 4 at least to get this project of the ground.

What's left?

lawl @ TommyB, and Bransonmo is right - we deserve shitty councillors because almost no-one takes it seriously.

What's left?

Well:

1) This application has to go back to the council yet, so conditions could be attached that BCFC find unrealistic.

2) Once that is done, the application has to be rubber stamped by a government depatment, as it involves green belt.

3) The Foodstore application is yet to be heard.

4) A soloution to Southlands.