IGNORED

Any Profit From Southlands Housing Not Bcfc's?

alanpayne

I don't understand what you mean? The land was purchased by Steve but any development and subsequent profits from development go into the overall cost of building the ground and facilities.

The point I'm making is Steve apparantly bought the land which was on green belt and could not be used for housing.

Presumeably the value of the land will increase in value if the council agree to the Southlands housing development.

As I'm not aware that Steve is donating the land to BCFC, I assume the profit from the housing scheme goes to Steve.

I assume that the profit will help fund the scheme although I assume he will loan this back to BCFC.

Happy to be proved wrong - just interested.

The point I'm making is Steve apparantly bought the land which was on green belt and could not be used for housing.

Presumeably the value of the land will increase in value if the council agree to the Southlands housing development.

As I'm not aware that Steve is donating the land to BCFC, I assume the profit from the housing scheme goes to Steve.

I assume that the profit will help fund the scheme although I assume he will loan this back to BCFC.

Happy to be proved wrong - just interested.

Whatever money it generates I believe this will go to supporting the development of the club. This will be tied up as loans to the club, owed to Steve.

I do think that SL might stand to make a pretty penny on the land investment he's made. But not at the football club's expense. I don't begrudge him this one bit.

Apart from there being an overall shortfall of some £30-50m which SL will no doubt dig deep and cover to give us the new stadium. I can't believe people are even speculating he would make a 'tidy' sum out of any of this!!

Archived