IGNORED

Citys's Best Left Peg?

Br 1st ol

Sorry Dave L, nothing against your man but it has to be Walsh.

That famous step over, they all knew it was coming, but that didn't help any of his hapless opponents.

I can remember HTV doing a piece on Walshies' shot. I think with legendary Roger Malone reporting in front of an empty East End. Classic HTV. :how funny:

That's a toughie. I think on balance it has to be Tinman just for the length of service his left foot has been able to provide us. His passing is more accurate, but Walsh's crosses were wicked, and of course the stepover was legendary. And remember his thunderbolt free-kicks?

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Sorry Walshy.. your a City legend.. but.. I've NEVER seen anybody strike a ball like Tinnion.. let alone with their left foot..

Tinman your absolutley brilliant :clap:

Not sure whether Darlington registered the loss of Alan Walsh as "theft" with the Police,@ 18k it sure was a steal by Terry Cooper.

In 40 years of following the City I have not seen anyone with such a wonderful and gifted technique in crossing the ball so accurately.A further fantastic element of his game was of course his goal scoring ability.Really was a shame he did'nt play for us in that first season back in the 2nd division,but at least he got to taste something like the bigtime and european cup football with Besiktas.

Kind of interesting how he garnered greater respect in the latter part of his career,very nearly signed by Bobby Gould when Wimbledon were in the top flight.

I have thought about whether it's just nostalgia but I don't think so, it's Walshy for me.

if we're just comparing the left peg that is, I don't think Walshy would compare favourably for work rate!

We had a period where we were blessed with players that could really hit a ball, Jimmy Mann, Alan Walsh and Dave Smith, Walshy was the bestof the best.

When we got to the League cup semi against Forest, Dave Pleat said on TV that walshy would have gone on a level if he'd had a yard of pace but I always felt that the "shuffle stepover" meant that he didn't need it.

As for "stealing him from Donny"; they were wasting him at CF so I think Cooper rescued him. :clap:;):(:(

Archived