IGNORED

Bristol City

Guest Gashead-Chris

Guest kristian444
Since 1982, What you as a club actually done??

NOTHING! :worship2:

Who are ya, Who are ya?! :dancing6:

That's right. Since 1982 we've stayed in the bottom division of English football and haven't entered, let alone won, any cup competition.

Aren't we unlucky? :violin:

You are right

We HAVEN'T Remained in the bottom two divisions the entire time

We HAVEN'T Moved to Bath

We HAVEN'T stolen a ground from a venerable local sporting club, condemning them to years of strife and under-achievement.

Haven't done very much at all really except been in a higher league than yourselves for the past god knows how long,

reached the play-off final

Have to have INTERNATIONAL breaks because we have INTERNATIONAL players

Oh and we will go further in the FA Cup than Paulton Rovers

Guest Bristoliain
Well we have gained promotion from league 2 via play off finals, we have got to JPT final (and being one of only 2 teams to play in both Wembley and Millennium in the same season!) beating you along the way :whistle2: Q.Finals of FA Cup.... We have done alright cheers, and we are progressing well. Shouldn’t be long before Bristol rivalry can commence once again :boxing:

No chance, we are on the up and u lot, sliding down the table, aint. League 2 here you come.

Edited by Bristoliain

Well we have gained promotion from league 2 via play off finals, we have got to JPT final (and being one of only 2 teams to play in both Wembley and Millennium in the same season!) beating you along the way :whistle2: Q.Finals of FA Cup.... We have done alright cheers, and we are progressing well. Shouldn't be long before Bristol rivalry can commence once again :boxing:

So You are happy with the Troll then i hear they were singing for his head against Saints and also happy you sold the only player in the squad capable of scoring goals that win games. Lets also look at the other aspects of Gashood Refurb on the Stadium you got planning only because of Boycie bradshaw and dunceford messing up and they claim credit crunch where is your new 18'000 seater bearing in mind we top that most games and in the season we trounce your average gates in one game 4'000 is a disgrace for such a "big family club" the one that has "fans" (i use the term as loosly as possible) that attack women and kids from Swindon and then have a huge love in with the Welsh blues

does that make you happy

Us however we have been in the 4th most supported league for 3 seasons and will be for a minimum of 4 we have a new 30'000 seater on the way a chairman with good business acumen and not a milk man and also a CEO that has passion about the club

TOP THAT GASSER :laugh:

Edited by citytillidie2005

Guest Gashead-Chris
How come my 6 year old is back at school after half term? Do Bristol schools have a different calendar to Gloucestershire schools?

Keep them coming mate, best laugh I've had in ages......

Give it a rest smart arse. Can you not come back with anything against what I have said other than that?

What a pointless thread.

I hate Rovers, but I can say they have a promising manager, some decent fans, others are loons like any other club. They haven't over or under achieved of late. Not much else to be said.

City have done well in the last few years, have a great manager and the future looks exciting.

What's all the sh*t-stirring about?

Give it a rest smart arse. Can you not come back with anything against what I have said other than that?

I have no reason to come back with anything. Take a look at the league tables at some point, say's it all.

As for the 'smart arse' comment, when it comes to talking football to a G*shead, I can afford to be - but I admire your guts for coming on here and sticking up for your little club.

Dumb arse.

Every club has them, but your lot are by far worse then ours :boxing:

NO they aren't. Knob-heads are knob heads whatever colour shirt they have on. Our knob-heads are exactly as bad as yours, we simply have more because 1% of 15,000 attendances is double 1% of 7,500 so it may well be that we have twice as many knob-head supporters as Rovers but do not delude yourself that your head cases are any nicer than ours.

Guest Gashead-Chris

You do have the worse of the bunch. Just looking at recent evidence suggests this is true. We seem to have small scuffles, where as you have full blown riots.

Woodsy - I also admire your determination to make city sound like a big team

You do have the worse of the bunch. Just looking at recent evidence suggests this is true. We seem to have small scuffles, where as you have full blown riots.

I'm not trying to make City sound like a big team, just a bigger team than R*vers. There's facts to back that fact up, you take some time to have a think about what makes your lot bigger than City - then come back and put them on here. Then we'll have a discussion about it, and discover that I've been right all along.

One thing you do have over us, you are the 'family club' - and thank you for pointing that out. How are the lot that peppered the Macc fans, women and children, with coins the other season. How are the lads that have a full blown riot with Swindon every year? How about your lad that got nicked the other week for bashing someone over the head with a bottle.

Oops, another part of your argurment disproved.

What's happened to your new stadium?

That is a very good point, what is going on with there stadium?

Looks like they have many more years to go at the cabbage patch, and they think they are a club going ''foward'' how laughable!

But in essence i agree with Cotswold-Red this thread is completly pointless.

Edited by bris red

Guest AJ Sylvester

I like Gashead-Chris.

He clearly doesn't take life too seriously and is trying to have a serious debate over which club is best, which is sweet.

Let's all laugh at Rovers... :P

Guest Gashead-Chris
I like Gashead-Chris.

He clearly doesn't take life too seriously and is trying to have a serious debate over which club is best, which is sweet.

Let's all laugh at Rovers... :P

Thanks AJ, your not too bad yourself :aok2: However, the point of this thread wasnt to debate over which club is bigger. It was to debate, exactly just what City have done over the last 27 years, seeing as you are a monstrously sized club, a 'sleeping giant' as some of you put it :noexpression:

Im just having a laugh with you, though some of your clearly have sour taste buds and do not like to be confronted with some home truths sometimes. Just chill out and have some fun. Lifes too sort to get huffy puffy with each other over small matters! You soft sods :doh:

Guest leobcfc1
Thanks AJ, your not too bad yourself :aok2: However, the point of this thread wasnt to debate over which club is bigger. It was to debate, exactly just what City have done over the last 27 years, seeing as you are a monstrously sized club, a 'sleeping giant' as some of you put it :noexpression:

Im just having a laugh with you, though some of your clearly have sour taste buds and do not like to be confronted with some home truths sometimes. Just chill out and have some fun. Lifes too sort to get huffy puffy with each other over small matters! You soft sods :doh:

Edited by leobcfc1

Bristol Rovers:-

1940 Eastville sold to greyhound company

10 years squatting Bath Citys toilet

Stealing the rugby ground and keeping up with your pikey background by putting tents all around it

Planning permission for a ground rebuild and guess what the tents are still there

The gash have sold every asset they have ever owned (so how long before the Memorial camp site is sold) and that will be the last asset because none of your current squad are worth a w@nk

oh yes your manager is called Trollop and the dictionary says that means prostitute (rent boy then)

Bristol Rovers:-

1940 Eastville sold to greyhound company

10 years squatting Bath Citys toilet

Stealing the rugby ground and keeping up with your pikey background by putting tents all around it

Planning permission for a ground rebuild and guess what the tents are still there

The gash have sold every asset they have ever owned (so how long before the Memorial camp site is sold) and that will be the last asset because none of your current squad are worth a w@nk

oh yes your manager is called Trollop and the dictionary says that means prostitute (rent boy then)

Haha, brilliant! That's shut him up. What's the bet he comes back with something thats not football related?

Chris,

When was the last time you finished above us?

How many times have you finished above us?

How long is it since BRFC averaged more then 10,000? (you may want to ask your Grandad)

How many times have you won the JPT or equivalent?

How many times have you made the final of the above?

How many times have BCFC appeared at said final?

How many time have BCFC won said final?

How many times have you played the Arsenal in a league match?

As for the last 27 years,

Promotion for div 4 ( now league2)

Freight rover trophy winners 1986

Runners up in 1988

Auto Windscreens Trohty runners up 1999

Auto Windscreens Trophy winners 2002

Promoted to Championship or equivilant 1990, 1998, 2007

Finished 4th in our first season, a place BRFC are yet to reach.

We are not a massive club but,

(in the words of Stan Herbert) " Were considerably bigger than yow"

A bit more of Bristol Rovers glorious history:-

1963 2 gash players banned for life for taking bribes to throw games

1980 they burn down the south stand at Eastville

and who can forget the lovely display of flowers in front of the Tote End, I found them quite attractive looking down on them on the many occasions myself and other BCFC fans took the Tote when we beat you on and off the park, until the days that the old bill used to protect the Tote girls to save them from even more embarrassment

Bristol Rovers a proud history

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

No you're on here with the soul intent of winding people up. Quite frankly your not doing a very good job of it either, most people are probably laughing at you not with you. The 1982 thing and the Sleeping Giant. Ah yes the reality is that it's 9/10 times that YOUR fans mention it.

What have we done in 27 years? More than you've done in twice that. Jog on before I ban you from more than just this site...

I'm going to stick my neck up out of the trenches here,

now whilst Gashead Chris's original post questioned

" what have you done since 1982" ,

to which we all reply " a hell of a lot more than your lot have ever acheived"

remember City fans, we are the biggest club

( league status, stadium, average attendences, catchment area, population)

to have NEVER won a major trophy.

So maybe Lansdown is right to aim high :winner_third_h4h:

The simple answer is that we have done more in 27 years than you have done in 116 years. You must be so proud of yourselves and your hero worship of Neil Warnock and love in with Cardiff City fans - what a ringing endorsement of your "family" football club that is. And when you list your biggest legend as Dean Windass then everyone over here knows what sort of two bob outfit you support.

Guest AJ Sylvester
However, the point of this thread wasnt to debate over which club is bigger. It was to debate, exactly just what City have done over the last 27 years, seeing as you are a monstrously sized club, a 'sleeping giant' as some of you put it :noexpression:

Well...sleeping. Clearly.

So 15 of your GYS didn't chase me and a friend through town the other night just because we are City fans, That's real brave ain't it? So recent evidence would in fact that it is false. Do you honestly believe I would be here today righting this if I hadn't have been so clever and out witted them in order to get away? Do you think it is acceptable someone can't go somewhere now without fear of being harmed despite doing nothing wrong apart from supporting a football club? I think I should have had my hand shaken for supporting a local side instead of supporting one of the big four like some of their mates probably do. If it wasn't for people like me and you who do support our local clubs then there wouldn't be any local clubs to support and we would just have the 20 Premier League clubs.

I wasn't alive in 1897 or 1982 so tbh I don't care when we were formed. I was born in 1985 so to me in a way we were formed then. You got to admit tho for a club that is only 27 years old we have done very well to get to where we are today and incase you have forgot where that is then that is in the Championship, The second tier of English Football, A level where many consider it now to be comparable to the old first division.

You insult Maynard yet he was brought in for about 6/7 times the highest amount you have ever spent on a player and he looks a snip at that price. Thing is even if he was a flop we could recover from that loss where as you wouldn't be able to.

When you were given permission to build your new stadium it was about the same time plans were announced for us to build a new stadium. Despite you being a couple of years ahead of us in terms of planning etc I said ours would be built first. I think it is safe to say that I am going to be right in my prediction.

It must really hurt you that when football fans across teh country think of football in Bristol they instantly think of us and I would guess many are not even aware that you exist. I must congratulate you tho on being only one of two clubs to ever have played in teh League Cup preliminary round. Bet your real proud of that?

Why is it you lot have a history of Chairman who are only in there to screw you over and get what they can out of you? Even if you do somehow ever get your new stadium(well stadium redevelopment tbh) and I think it will be very unlikely to ever see you rebuild all four sides then it will be very cramped and well quite shit. What you should have done is a couple of years ago is instead of selling off the training field alongside the stadium and car park for houses to be built you should have rotated the pitch and you would have had room for a decent stadium. Now you are constrained by teh tight space that you now find yourselves with and 1 guess to who owns a large share of them houses?

Guest Gashead-Chris
Forgive my ignorance but can you tell me the last time there were 15,000 home fans at the mammary ground?

Oh no wait, you cant even fit that many in, let alone have spare seats.

But we have Atmosphere fit for 15,000 and you lot are a library on a Saturday. In fact Ashton has more noise coming from it during a winters early morning. The residents actually enjoy match days in Ashton as its quieter than usual :rofl2br:

But we have Atmosphere fit for 15,000 and you lot are a library on a Saturday. In fact Ashton has more noise coming from it during a winters early morning. The residents actually enjoy match days in Ashton as its quieter than usual :rofl2br:

You clearly haven't been anywhere near AG on a match day for years then. :disapointed2se:

I'm sure we could muster up the funds to buy you a ticket if you'd like to be corrected.

Brilliant. That is the worst arguement ever!

Although I do suppose it seems like 15k to Trollope when you're baying for his blood.

Guest Gashead-Chris
You clearly haven't been anywhere near AG on a match day for years then. :disapointed2se:

I'm sure we could muster up the funds to buy you a ticket if you'd like to be corrected.

That is probably something that would generate an atomsphere, a gashead in trashton. I have to be honest, I have not been to Trashton since the JPT, but it was pretty quiet during that game with a local rival so it doesnt look good for the rest of your matches :tumbleweed:

I expect there was a decent atmosphere when you played Blackpool though no doubt?

That is probably something that would generate an atomsphere, a gashead in trashton. I have to be honest, I have not been to Trashton since the JPT, but it was pretty quiet during that game with a local rival so it doesnt look good for the rest of your matches :tumbleweed:

I expect there was a decent atmosphere when you played Blackpool though no doubt?

You don't expect atmosphere at a JPT game, irrespective of the opposition.

Blackpool was a 'below average' atmosphere IMO.

If you consider the atmosphere created by the EE in recent seasons there are a significant number of clubs who would die for such support. Your club included, believe me.

Mods time for someone to take an early nap i think this guy is just a complete colin

Thing is, its amusing watching every point he tries to make get shot down in flames by reality.

I know where you are coming from there Marie been loving this thread all day yesterday cant believe its still going :laugh:

got to feel for the poor little lamb they cant tell us Flapper is the greatest goalie in the world anymore :laugh:

Guest Gashead-Chris
Yep. Its such a shame though 'cause his mum loves him and makes his packed lunch every day.

What’s with the personal insults you tosser? Just because you’re a bunch of scrooges doesn’t mean you need to get personal. You wouldn’t say that to my face so shut it.