IGNORED

Bristol City

Guest Gashead-Chris

Guest Gashead-Chris
At a guess im going to say you mean the scenes at the Amici Bar some three years ago? if so, whilst I do not condemn football violence, you story on what actually happened is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the mark

Do you care to go into this in order to correct me? Were you the ring leader Andy?!

Oh great, a blinkered sag, just what this forum needs.

Bristol Rovers = small time club, with small time fans who have small time ambitions. Ironic that the op mentions 1982, if we had the same small time ambitions and drive, City would never have been saved and, in the period since, done better than Rovers ever have.

We've even got it together off the pitch, so while the sags are bickering about whether the mem will get built, or worrying about what the City score is, we've sorted one of the best home ends in this league. (Just go ask fans of any other Championship club)

Anyways, I think that's enough responding to some Sag with special needs.

Guest Gashead-Chris
yes...yes I was! I was the ring leader :tumbleweed::sleeping:

Still dont fancy going into detail then Andy? If i was waaaaaayyyyyyy off the mark, i would like to know at which point I went off? Was it the chair throwing....No, far too much evidence of that all over the internet and from my good friends (2 of my greatest mates are shitheads) Was i off the mark for holding Nottingham fans in a bar against their will? No, again evidence on the net and word of mouth suggests im correct. Was it harming general people from all walks of life?? Nope, again from people who were actually there, they seen it themselves. So, what was incorrect Andy?

P.S Im not saying Rovers have better behaved fans. It just seems City go one step too far in their violent ways. And whoever said none of us gasheads travel south of the river, you are totally correct, Except when me and my lady friend go to see her parents in KNOWLE WEST! and YES I do wear my ROVERS TOP through Knowle West! :gasmask:

Still dont fancy going into detail then Andy? If i was waaaaaayyyyyyy off the mark, i would like to know at which point I went off? Was it the chair throwing....No, far too much evidence of that all over the internet and from my good friends (2 of my greatest mates are shitheads) Was i off the mark for holding Nottingham fans in a bar against their will? No, again evidence on the net and word of mouth suggests im correct. Was it harming general people from all walks of life?? Nope, again from people who were actually there, they seen it themselves. So, what was incorrect Andy?

P.S Im not saying Rovers have better behaved fans. It just seems City go one step too far in their violent ways. And whoever said none of us gasheads travel south of the river, you are totally correct, Except when me and my lady friend go to see her parents in KNOWLE WEST! and YES I do wear my ROVERS TOP through Knowle West! :gasmask:

Think again Buddy i have an extremley good freind from swindon that got caught up with HER kids in the incident at the inn on the green. So lets not take a moral high ground shall we ??

And i wouldnt think you had any problems as we are not neanderthal thugs like the recent Panorama program showed that a fully typical G*s area was full of such types

Edited by citytillidie2005

Why don't you leave it Chris - i'm very disappointed in City fans giving you the courtesy of a debate, so it must be because of the international weekend and no club match which affects the bigger clubs of course.

Guest Gashead-Chris
Oh great, a blinkered sag, just what this forum needs.

Bristol Rovers = small time club, with small time fans who have small time ambitions. Ironic that the op mentions 1982, if we had the same small time ambitions and drive, City would never have been saved and, in the period since, done better than Rovers ever have.

We've even got it together off the pitch, so while the sags are bickering about whether the mem will get built, or worrying about what the City score is, we've sorted one of the best home ends in this league. (Just go ask fans of any other Championship club)

Anyways, I think that's enough responding to some Sag with special needs.

Bristol City small time club with no fans (at least none that you notice - dont make no noise!!!) and have stupid ambitions for such a small club. Could end up being Bristol City 2010 Ltd soon enough.

There is a difference between having someone who can afford to splash a little cash, and someone who can not. Hence why you have the money to waste on crap strikers.

But teams in your league dont sing anyway so it doesnt matter. I wouldnt say got it together though, you just have Ollie to scream at when you play Blackpool (at least a little atmosphere!) Its sad that the only time you lot chant is when you face a gashead!

Guest Gashead-Chris
Gashead Chris your post has been edited because personal insults are not tolerated on this forum. Please play nicely.

Sorry love, Even though I had personal insults directed at me in the first place? :noexpression: Still this is a city forum so ill need to accept that! :aok2:

Oh my days....fair enough

I drove up to the game, and even before the match, Forest fans were playing up big time. On the way to the ground, walking past the Amici Bar, there was plenty of Forest fans milling about outside, you know the sort, Stone Island coats, caps, burberry scarves....lets just say, plenty of abuse coming from their direction aimed at pretty much anyone. So to say this was a pub used solely by the general public.....well, your wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the mark

All the trouble kicked off after the game. Basically in a nutshell, a load of Forest fans from up by the Amici Bar attacked and chased a load of City fans down the street. The City fans were clearly out numbered. Now Unbeknown to the Forest fans though, there was god knows how many City fans walking up the adjacent street, people who had just left the ground. Both sets of fans met, at this point, City fans now out numbered the Forest fans, and chased them back up the street. Some FOrest fans backed off into the Amici Bar, others backed off on to a little building site. They started throwing things, City idiots threw them back. Tit for tat. Both as bad as one another....but to come out and say that it was "innocent Forest fans" trapped in the bar is absurd. Yeah no doubt one or two innocents got caught up, but im fairly certain one or two innocent City fans got caught up in it aswell

As I said before, I do not condone football violence, and it was terrible scenes, BUT....Forest bit off more then they could chew that day and literally got their asses handed to them on a plate

And before you twist it, no I wasnt involved, but was there, and did video it....one of the videos is on youtube

Guest Gashead-Chris
Why don't you leave it Chris - i'm very disappointed in City fans giving you the courtesy of a debate, so it must be because of the international weekend and no club match which affects the bigger clubs of course.

Bully, im just having a little fun during a slow week in work my friend. Im not really trying to insult you lot. In fact, im happy that at least one team in Bristol are looking to break into the top league and have a decent stadium. Bristol is big and deserves to have top facilities so im all for it, even if it does keep you a step ahead of us all the time!

Bully, im just having a little fun during a slow week in work my friend. Im not really trying to insult you lot. In fact, im happy that at least one team in Bristol are looking to break into the top league and have a decent stadium. Bristol is big and deserves to have top facilities so im all for it, even if it does keep you a step ahead of us all the time!

Yup have been for years and will be forever when the funeral march for BRFC finally plays where will you lot go to watch some kind of football maybe you could turn Mangotsfield or a downs team into a decent rival for us as your current lot have no chance at all good night irene the gas will sure go bust

Just to add as well how is fattie pie eater lambert getting on you spent any of his money yet and looks like that lad dickson wont be staying as his club didnt want him cup-tied

Guest Gashead-Chris
Yup have been for years and will be forever when the funeral march for BRFC finally plays where will you lot go to watch some kind of football maybe you could turn Mangotsfield or a downs team into a decent rival for us as your current lot have no chance at all good night irene the gas will sure go bust

Just to add as well how is fattie pie eater lambert getting on you spent any of his money yet and looks like that lad dickson wont be staying as his club didnt want him cup-tied

We have a chairman who doesnt spend any money you plank, how the hell will we go bust??

Fattie Lambert is again top scorer in this league joint with Beckford. Not a one off as you lot seemed to believe. Lambert has so much quality that he would walk into your side and pay for maynard to get the bus back to the conference leagues.

We have a chairman who doesnt spend any money you plank, how the hell will we go bust??

Fattie Lambert is again top scorer in this league joint with Beckford. Not a one off as you lot seemed to believe. Lambert has so much quality that he would walk into your side and pay for maynard to get the bus back to the conference leagues.

hahaha! Lambert would not survive in the championship - another Lee Trundle.... TOO SLOW!

Chris

As you know, the gash have always sold anything of any value, now that the Lambert money has gone (and of course the milkman has taken his cut, is it 7%), so what asset (apart from the ground) do you have left next time the milk bill comes in.

Actually makes sense, that's why your ground development has'nt happend, why develop something you might need to sell.

Answered your own question if you spend no money you get no quality players therfore you get less gates therfore the club earn less money therfore with yearly losses and no asset's its called BANKRUPTCY

Also aside to your little dig about Knowle i didnt say i lived there and if you could read my profile states where i am from PLANK and i said you wouldnt have any trouble as we are NOT NOT repeat NOT neanderthals like the very bitter blue fewer and fewer each year

is it playtime yet or has Miss told you ICT lessons are over now ?

Guest Gashead-Chris
Well done for that victory. You carry on thinking about your past 'glory'.

Rovers harp on about beating their bigger rivals... nearly 3 years ago!

City harp on about getting promotion to the premier league...

I'm so glad I support city and not rovers.....

Believe me, im glad you support City and not Rovers as well. We only want loyal and not fickle fans :D

Firstly, The Knowle reply wasn't to you. Secondly our board pay the bills and haven't made a loss of over 6 million. The ONLY reason you can afford that sort of debt is because you have a sugar daddy, whom will one day leave you for underachieving and you will be right in the mess then.

Sagger Leave it out Mr Lansdown to you

When did our board not pay bills ??

Yes we lost 6.5 mil but 2.25 of that was maynard 1.7 was consultants fee so in effect we lost just over 2 mil on operating costs we publish our accounts to fans do your lot do that i think not and i was the one that mentioned Knowle so assumed it was a direct comment to my earlier post

Oh and about Mr Lansdown he was a sag he saw the light he is going nowhere and has said as much himself he wants bristol to be a top class city hence new stadium and the possibility of big concerts big football matches and a world cup he wants to be remembered for doing something good not just shafting Dairy Farmers on a regular basis and do nothing but shaft the Rugby club too i think it stinks that the mem was given hence it is called the memorial ground for the purpose of Rugby for bristol you stole the land pikey pirates all the same to me

Guest Gashead-Chris
Oooh Betty ... touchy fellow aren't we. Clearly not thick skinned.

Im sure you would....armed with a knife and 5 mates. I dont mind someone having a pop mate, but not personal especially as you dont even know me.

Im sure you would....armed with a knife and 5 mates. I dont mind someone having a pop mate, but not personal especially as you dont even know me.

Mate, your tone is abysmal. I have no interest in violence.

Look here, you came on this forum trying to wind up fans, then complain with a little bit of light hearted grief.

You sound like a child who chucks a hissy fit when he doesn't get his own way.

Of course I don't know you so nothing that I said would be considered fact. Its called banter.

Lighten up.

Guest Gashead-Chris
Sagger Leave it out Mr Lansdown to you

When did our board not pay bills ??

Yes we lost 6.5 mil but 2.25 of that was maynard 1.7 was consultants fee so in effect we lost just over 2 mil on operating costs we publish our accounts to fans do your lot do that i think not and i was the one that mentioned Knowle so assumed it was a direct comment to my earlier post

Oh and about Mr Lansdown he was a sag he saw the light he is going nowhere and has said as much himself he wants bristol to be a top class city hence new stadium and the possibility of big concerts big football matches and a world cup he wants to be remembered for doing something good not just shafting Dairy Farmers on a regular basis and do nothing but shaft the Rugby club too i think it stinks that the mem was given hence it is called the memorial ground for the purpose of Rugby for bristol you stole the land pikey pirates all the same to me

Im sorry, im Bristolian through and through but that first line does not make sense at all! Did you smoke the funky fags this morning to get you going?

I agree it will be good for Bristol, hence my non resentment towards your stadium. I also agree we have shafted the rugby club but there is nothing I can do about that.

Im sorry, im Bristolian through and through but that first line does not make sense at all! Did you smoke the funky fags this morning to get you going?

I agree it will be good for Bristol, hence my non resentment towards your stadium. I also agree we have shafted the rugby club but there is nothing I can do about that.

There is something you can do you can stop supporting them especially if you feel as strongly as most in bristol do about the memorial ground and the first line makes perfect sense the Chairmans name is Mr Lansdown to you not "some sugar daddy" i notice you only pick up on 2 points i made you not able to defend the other points ?

you are never happy to say Trollope is a quality manager as well.

Probably because we don't think he is......His extensive scouting report of Norwich for example did you well didn't it. It was then given to Poulton Rovers. Did them well too i see......

Guest Gashead-Chris
Gashead-chris is so ugly, his mum used to tie meat round his neck, just to get dogs to play with him.

Thats a good one :tumbleweed:

Moomin is so dumb he sits on the T.V and watches the couch

Fair play mate. This is a good quality response.

Ok so because you play your football in Bristol, does this mean that Bristol Rovers are also supposed to be a "sleeping giant"?

Yes I agree you have a decent manager. The fatty has taken you to the top of the CCC, which is no mean feat. However, what I have a problem with, is whilst I am happy to praise your lot for having decent facilities and a decent manager, you are never happy to say Trollope is a quality manager as well. It must eat at most fans to say yes I agree your manager is a great prospect so much so that you all stutter and just shout abuse instead, though i was looking for such a reaction as I was bored.

Again in regards to the cup, I know you were a more successful side in the cup, but when we beat you, all the excuses of you not wanting to even participate in the cup is embarrassing. You can not admit defeat even once without some excuse.

Again you would pick Maynard over Lambert because he is your player. Well I have no aligance to either player now and I can still comfortably say Lambert is a better player than Maynard all over. Just my opinion, but I have had the oportunity to see both players (when he was at Crew) and Lambert for me was the better by far. Of course different players in general. Lambert being a play-maker/goal scorer. Nicky being more of a poacher than anything but thats not to say i dont rate Nicky. I just believe Lambert to be the better of the players.

So you think a fat bloke with no real skill is better than a young prospect that has years infront of him and ability coming out of his arse ?? you really are deluded arent you

Nicky being more of a poacher than anything but thats not to say i dont rate Nicky. I just believe Lambert to be the better of the players.

There you have just proved that you have no clue - nicky has "poached" one goal this season. The rest have all been screamers from OUTSIDE the box.

You have no clue about Nicky Maynard, If you did you would not compare him to lambert!

Nicky Maynard will play in the prem. Lambert will not.

Guest Gashead-Chris
There you have just proved that you have no clue - nicky has "poached" one goal this season. The rest have all been screamers from OUTSIDE the box.

You have no clue about Nicky Maynard, If you did you would not compare him to lambert!

Nicky Maynard will play in the prem. Lambert will not.

HAHAHA :rofl2br: You lot are a funny bunch of beggers mind

The fatty has taken you to the top of the CCC, which is no mean feat.

Yet you are unhappy with personal insults directed towards you?

you are never happy to say Trollope is a quality manager as well.

Yet my earlier post stated in respect of Rovers

"they have a promising manager"

Let's have some consistency please.

Edited by CotswoldRed

Guest Gashead-Chris
So you think a fat bloke with no real skill is better than a young prospect that has years infront of him and ability coming out of his arse ?? you really are deluded arent you

The fat bloke with no real skill dumped your captain Carey on his arse and made him look like a little boy. No skill? He scored 29 goals in a season for us and assisted almost 20 along with that. But of course he has no skill. How many times has Nicky set up a player to score? How many times has he even scored come to think of it? What was it, 10 last season?

Guest Gashead-Chris
He's on course for at least 20, maybe even 30 goals this season - he's only 23 years old.

You think he wont play in the prem??

No he wont, because he doesnt even nearly have the quality to play in the prem. Unlike for example Jason Roberts, Bobby Zamora, Ellington etc etc

No he wont, because he doesnt even nearly have the quality to play in the prem. Unlike for example Jason Roberts, Bobby Zamora, Ellington etc etc

Not very clever are we chris. Who they have played for is irrelevant.

Just because someone has played Bristol Rovers does not mean they are amazing. Lambert is not. Those above are some super strikers. But Maynard will also be a top striker....

The ONLY reason you have that he wont, is because he plays for the mighty Bristol City.

Anyways, theres no use comparing players who play at different levels....

Nicky Maynard - 23yrs old - CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER

Lambert - 28 yrs old (player in his prime) - LEAGUE ONE PLAYER

Nuff said!

Edited by RIAZ

His rate of development says there is every chance he will make it to the Prem. He might not be the next Rooney, but there are plenty of clubs who will be keeping tabs on him right now and may be tempted to take a punt.

Of course nobody knows if he'll make it or not, but he may well do.

Edited by CotswoldRed

To be fair, a lot of people disagree with your club full stop. You shouldn't even be in the football league. If you went bust now instead of in the 80's, you would not exist right now. You gonna stop supporting City though? Didn't think so. It's stupid to say stop watching a team when you have supported them for life. The first line made NO sense what so ever "Sagger Leave it out Mr Lansdown to you" how about a little punctuation? As for your other points, I can be arsed to even go there. Its boring debate my friend.

so what you are basically saying is that once i explained to you that 2.25+1.7= 3.95 mil we lost approx on operating costs 2.5 mil

Again, only an idiot would think Trolls is shite. He is young, new and has already won us promotion, a JPT final, FA Cup Final etc etc etc blah blah blah, if your opinion of his is he is shite, then you seriously have a few problems.

i think many have said the Troll and lenny are a good management team yet you seem to miss that

not sure if you are old enough but he came to us first then got bombed out because he had very little commitment to the cause at the time he wanted to play in some tinpot international comp and we were aiming for the PO that season so we dumped him.

you picked up a few city rejects lately havent you

Coles

Phillips

Roberts

Edited by citytillidie2005

Guest Gashead-Chris
i think many have said the Troll and lenny are a good management team yet you seem to miss that

not sure if you are old enough but he came to us first then got bombed out because he had very little commitment to the cause at the time he wanted to play in some tinpot international comp and we were aiming for the PO that season so we dumped him.

you picked up a few city rejects lately havent you

Coles

Phillips

Roberts

I dont care, we made them what they are because you couldnt (with exception to Phillips) Coles is championship quality but is always injured and therefore will probably play his last season with us unless he can recover from this problem.

I dont care, we made them what they are because you couldnt (with exception to Phillips) Coles is championship quality but is always injured and therefore will probably play his last season with us unless he can recover from this problem.

yet you still dont acknowledge the maths i put before you like all saggers all mouth no back up and when the facts are put in front of you you say Fark all so i think this will be my last post on this thread as we have all shot down your arguments in flames and i think you got nothing of any substance to ay any more so good night irene ya slapper

Guest Gashead-Chris
yet you still dont acknowledge the maths i put before you like all saggers all mouth no back up and when the facts are put in front of you you say Fark all so i think this will be my last post on this thread as we have all shot down your arguments in flames and i think you got nothing of any substance to ay any more so good night irene ya slapper

What are you on about? You have proven nothing to me. Like I initially asked, Just what have city done in the 27 years they have been a football club? Still no real answer to this.

What are you on about? You have proven nothing to me. Like I initially asked, Just what have city done in the 27 years they have been a football club? Still no real answer to this.

You know what we've achieved as it plain for all to see in the record books. Why bother asking?

As for suggesting our club is 27 years old is pathetic. It shows a very low level of maturity.

Its like saying if a club moves ground its no longer the same club. What would you say to that?

Like it has been said on here many times already maybe you need to re read some of the posts but just to reiterate in 40 years you have finished above us 10 times so 30 times higher league postions for a start PO final to play in the top league couple of tin pots and also a brand spanking new stadium

what has your so called "family club" achieved in the past 10-15 year since you rebcame bristol R*vers rather that trumpton town or Ikea Utd ?? a damn site less than we have.

You know what we've achieved as it plain for all to see in the record books. Why bother asking?

As for suggesting our club is 27 years old is pathetic. It shows a very low level of maturity.

Its like saying if a club moves ground its no longer the same club. What would you say to that?

Here here well said that man all too true i think they are Bath R*vers are they not or is it IKEA Utd i love that store would only have been better had B&Q bought the land and that beacon of reddish orange and white was on the old G*s ground

Roberts played 3 games and sored 1 goal for us, where are we claiming anything on Roberts

Philips made his name at City then threw his toys out the pram. He then took the easy route and signed for your lot where he becomes the messiah. He then throws more toys out the pram or his bombed out, you tell me

You believe Coles is championship quality and claim you made him what he is......

a) how is that possible when you have not played in the championship

b) you claim he is always injured....."we made them what they are"

c) coles came up through the city ranks and had everything going for him at City. unfortunately his off the field antics put paid to that and was sold onto to Hull who were then a championship side

d) generally did OK with Hull but no doubt the injuries were holding him back hence Hull shipping him out on loan before selling him to you

Bristol City can claim they made him the defender he is, Hull City can claim they gave him the championship experience.......Bristol Rovers can claim they bought an injury prone player who will probably never play above league one again

well done, you must be so proud

Edited by RedRaw

What a sad thread. In my opinion any fan that hates the opposition/rivals more than they love their own team has a problem. Unfortunately the first topic any Rovers fan wanted to shout about (even when I was at school in the 70's) was about how City were doing. They had nothing, absolutely nothing positive to say about their own Club whatsoever. Thirty Odd years later and nothing changes..... How sad. What do I think of Rovers? I didn't even know they were out of he FA Cup til yesterday. I really couldnt give a toss about them one way or the other.