IGNORED

Bristol City

Guest Gashead-Chris

No I dont have a problem admitting if another player is good regardless of who he played for. I though Lita would play Prem class, he is/was better than Maynard IMO.

Again, you are showing that you have no clue what you are talking about...

You also gave Zamora to Brighton after 4 games.. you shipped him out on loan to Bath City cuz you didnt think he was good enough for you

Dont think you raised him, cuz you didnt.. Brighton did

You also gave Zamora to Brighton after 4 games.. you shipped him out on loan to Bath City cuz you didnt think he was good enough for you

Dont think you raised him, cuz you didnt.. Brighton did

very very good point

Some one also said in an above post, name me one Rovers fan who doesnt look at us at the bit with a little bit of jealousy? Championship football! international quality players!, new ground possibly, sniffing around the play-offs........what do they have going for them? seriously? I know if I was a SAG, I'd be pretty gutted at the bit, and pretty pi**ed off with all the mucking about over the Minimal Patch

Edited by Andy082005

Gashead-Chris:

Excuse me........I don´t think you or your Rovers friends have enough penishair for an toothbrush......

It's good to have some straight talking Scandinavian insight in this thread.

Proof, if needed, that Bristol Rovers are not just ridiculed here in Bristol, but are a laughing stock who inspire feelings of revulsion WORLD WIDE. :yes::city:

Since 1982, What you as a club actually done??

NOTHING! :worship2:

Who are ya, Who are ya?! :dancing6:

You are of course right not much. a few promotions with as many relegations.

However after a moment of quiet introspection I would like to point out the following (apologies in advance if these things have been mentioned already)

We have a Chairman that I am reliably informed is wealthier than the Queen

The best team since the late 70's

The best manager since the late 70's

Have apeared in the Premier League play off Final

Have a very good chance at gaining promotion this season

Are in the process of building a BRAND NEW STADIUM (This will not be for sharing with North Bristol Pikeys....Sorry lost it there for a minute)

The list goes on....

Our best days are in front of us...I'm not so sure about the Gas, but I wish them good luck in meeting their rent payments and generally providing a source of good humour..Thanks Chris and Friends

FACT; Rovers last finished higher in the League than City TEN years ago - 1999/2000 season.

FACT; In the last 50 years 1959/1960 season, Rovers have finished higher in the League than City just SEVEN times.

May I suggest therefore that since 1982 (or any other date) City have under achieved whilst the blue & white quartered lot have continually over achieved?

Again, only an idiot would think Trolls is shite. He is young, new and has already won us promotion, a JPT final, FA Cup Final etc etc etc blah blah blah, if your opinion of his is he is shite, then you seriously have a few problems.

WOW, you are right, I AM an idiot! You see I thought Trollope was a good potential young manager but he got you to an FA Cup final too! Crikey he IS good. Must've been 2007 was it 'cos 2007 is a bit of a blur for me

Edited by Southport Red

Gashead Chris. Should you come on here and drag up 1982, fully expect to be completely embarrassed by the stone cold fact that we have won more since '82 than your shambles have in their 126 year history. That fact alone should stop any sane person from coming on here and prompting these facts to be revealed...................need i say more.

It never fails to amaze me that you lot get so excited about us and continue to perpetuate the myth that we are fickle and you lot are the most loyal fans in the world. Let me give you two examples to prove my theory. During the 2000/2001 season (you know the season, the one where you were banished to the Basement League for six years) a gashead i know said that he'd never watch Rovers again whilst Holloway was in charge. That's Ian Holloway, you know the chap, a Rovers 'legend'. Astonishing. The second example was when i was at Forest Green Rovers for their inagrual game at their new stadium in 2006 where i shared a hospitality table with a gashead who proceeded to tell me that he ''couldn't be ******'' to watch Rovers again. The following season (after Rovers were promoted from the Basement League after a six year stay - have i already mentioned that?) i bumped in to him at the same venue and he proudly told me about his shiny new season ticket and his lovely trips to the Millenium Stadium and Wembley. Gasheads, fickle?! Outrageous suggestion!

I love watching your forum as your fans have slagged 'Trolls and Lennie' off pre season, praised them to high heaven during your period of total over achievement and now you are slagging them off again. Fickle anyone?! Get off the moral high ground and accept you are the same as any set of fans in the world, including us.

In a nutshell, Chrissy boy, we have a better manager, chairman, stadium, future stadium, attendances, team, reserves, academy etc, etc. Face it, bitter blue, we are streets ahead of you in every way shape or form. Always have been, always will be. In all fairness to you there is one thing you do have on us and that you are 100% definitely without doubt completely and utterly obsessed by us. A big well done for that, as we just can't compete in the obsession stakes.

Good luck for another 126 years living firmly in our shadows.

Guest buejdorn

To gashead - chris.

Why are you that bothered? Lambert doesn't even play for you anymore, comparing him to maynard is LIKE (not exactly) comparing henry to van nistelrooy there different players, how can you say lambert would make it in the championship, its a different league!!! I would have put alot of money billy sharp would have made it, but he's done next to nothing. Maynards probably on for 20 goals this season. I think your a bit peeved because we got planning for a stadium and yous didn't. thats life mate!! I respect you for sticking by your manager/club, i wish people did that at our club more!! but hey ho, football goes on and our rivalry gets further into the past, thats not boasting, thats fact!! Our rivalry is hanging by a thread and thats what your doing now, hanging by a thread to compete with us. i wish our rivalry was still there because it was good fun, but its coming to an end. Our aim is Premier League, your aim is championship. i think you should be on swindons/yeovil forum tbh! im more concerned about cardiff and reading. Says alot that. World cup 2018 here we come!!

No you're on here with the soul intent of winding people up. Quite frankly your not doing a very good job of it either, most people are probably laughing at you not with you. The 1982 thing and the Sleeping Giant. Ah yes the reality is that it's 9/10 times that YOUR fans mention it.

What have we done in 27 years? More than you've done in twice that. Jog on before I ban you from more than just this site...

That's about right Tom isn't it? Cant stand a bit of debate from a Gashead can you? I was banned under a different username along with a few other of my fellow Gasheads NOT for being abusive but just for the fact that we are Gasheads!?

Very childish.................. :bruce_h4h:

That's about right Tom isn't it? Cant stand a bit of debate from a Gashead can you? I was banned under a different username along with a few other of my fellow Gasheads NOT for being abusive but just for the fact that we are Gasheads!?

As childish as coming on here and starting a completely pointless thread? This is a City forum in case you haven't noticed, now jog on and play with the few over on your forum.

What are you on about? You have proven nothing to me. Like I initially asked, Just what have city done in the 27 years they have been a football club? Still no real answer to this.

Why are you on here drawing comparisons between your club and ours?

If its comparison you are after, just look at all the league positions between the two through history....you will find all the answers you need.

Guest philgas1
It's good to have some straight talking Scandinavian insight in this thread.

Proof, if needed, that Bristol Rovers are not just ridiculed here in Bristol, but are a laughing stock who inspire feelings of revulsion WORLD WIDE. :yes::city:

:noexpression: Oh Nooo Were Not...the world love an underdog...and thats us ..so there..... The Gas The Gas You,ll Never Get Rid Of The Gassss answers on a postcard please

:noexpression: Oh Nooo Were Not...the world love an underdog...and thats us ..so there..... The Gas The Gas You,ll Never Get Rid Of The Gassss answers on a postcard please

It is true Phil, even from this forum we know the gas are ridiculed in America, Canada, Sweden, Italy, France, Australia, Romania, Finland, New Zealand - in fact everywhere on Earth where right minded people follow the English game.

Underdogs are usually defined as people of secondary importance, perennial low achievers who set ridiculously low targets so they can achieve delirium from the occasional miniscule achievement.

They think the world loves them. In fact the opposite is true. :yes:

Guest philgas1
It is true Phil, even from this forum we know the gas are ridiculed in America, Canada, Sweden, Italy, France, Australia, Romania, Finland, New Zealand - in fact everywhere on Earth where right minded people follow the English game.

Underdogs are usually defined as people of secondary importance, perennial low achievers who set ridiculously low targets so they can achieve delirium from the occasional miniscule achievement.

Ha..at leeeest u cheeered i up..ava good evening..oh b4 i go i know were crap but ridiculed....?

I'll testify to that.

Over the past weekend. while crossing the Princes Bridge over the River Yarra, Melbourne Australia, what did I spy but a character actually wearing a Rovers shirt: -an extremely rare sighting.

Naturally, I followed the example of the young lady contributor to the City till I Die booklet who ,when seeing someone so dressed exclaims, "Boo, Rovers .Boo!".

He looked suitably ashamed of himself, as well he might .

(But we did have a friendly conversation afterwards).

Funny you should say that because I got banned from the sags forum for the exact same reason and everytime I try to re-register it gets rejected.

My final word on this is I consider City and the sags as Forest and Notts County prior to Sven turning up. Florists main local rivals our Derby and ours is now Cardiff and I would say we are starting to enjoy a bigger rivalry with Swansea than with you tbh, What ever you do is insignificant does us because lets face it what ever you do is pretty much insignificant. The odd drumming by Leeds and Norwich is also good for you as it stops you getting above your station, In case you have forgot your station is like Patchway Station where as ours is Temple meads.

Good luck on your ambitions to finish above the mighty Swindon and Yeovil this season.

I'm sorry but actually I don't think I've actually banned anyone in the last 6 months. Personally speaking.

Thanks for telling me you have a duplicate account though, that at least gives me the opportunity end the drought. For the record anyone is welcome on here but if they arrive with the sole intention of being a WUM then the moderators will have little time for them.

• The topic was unlocked