IGNORED

Prussia

Percy Parrot

Who was most responsible for Prussia's military strength in 1740?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dropped history as soon as I could at school and I only remember suffering the Egyptians, Romans and Anglo-Saxons. You must have upst your Tutor to be given an assignment like that! I guess you are doing a degree? What are you hoping to do career wise? I'm curious as to what use you will have knowing about King Fred & Co?

Good luck anyway!

:sport18:

You should be able to vote...

What the hell is that?

:Confused13:

Prussia= area in northen Europe/Germany. Before Germany as a country came into being there were separate areas such as Prussia, Saxony, Hanover, Bavaria etc. In 1640 Prussia was a tiny state with not much going for it. But in the 100 years up to 1740 it became an absolutist state and highly militatralised. Then, under Frederick II (the Great) it won loads of land (7 Years War etc)

Simple, I can only assume the others were being sarcastic when they said 'I couldnt give a flying *****' as i thought everyone knew Frederick was the one who caused the power (did it at school).

hmmm are you thinking of Frederick II otherwise known as Frederick the Great? Who came to power in 1740? Because Frederick III (King Frederick I from 1701) did, in my view, diddly squat. Be hard pressed to find many historians that believe him to be more important than the Great Elector or the Soldier King.

Try Frederick for Prussia

Try Carbonmonoxide poisoning for suicide.  pretty easy no smell, just fall asleep and then die.  easy painless.  Can even have an open casket

I'm not sure if I should be worried about just how forthcoming people are with help to aid my suicide!?! :clap:

I dropped history as soon as I could at school and I only remember suffering the Egyptians, Romans and Anglo-Saxons.

[Percy]- eeewww. Not good. :Sleep15:

You must have upst your Tutor to be given an assignment like that! I guess you are doing a degree?

[Percy]- yep. BA History, London School of Economics (and Political Science). 2nd year.

What are you hoping to do career wise?

[Percy]- no idea. Work little, earn lots? :Confused13:

I'm curious as to what use you will have knowing about King Fred & Co?

[Percy]- errr...not much!!!

Archived