Evander Sno

bringbacktherobin

His First name's evander

His last name is sno

EVANDER SNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EVANDER SNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

His First name's evander

His last name is sno

:winner_third_h4h: I heard he was allowed to play his natural game last night from his natural position in centre midfield.

Yeah - that'll explain why he was always hugging the right touch line from goal kicks then!

That's the positioning for Evander Sno's speciality - the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt with regard to being able to bring down and control the ball from a goal kick. Sno was doing that all match long against Shitswich - an excellent skill to have.

That's the positioning for Evander Sno's speciality - the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt with regard to being able to bring down and control the ball from a goal kick. Sno was doing that all match long against Shitswich - an excellent skill to have.

Yes, except last night I think he only managed to win one ball from goal kicks - he was beaten on the air each time - which did surprise me.

Re his positioning fro goal kicks. For his height he's not that good in the air, and as Cheese points out did not win many headers all night, so i wonder whether he pulls out wide in the hope he will be up against smaller defenders. Also, as I mentioend on another thread, he doesn't seem to attack the ball, whether for headers or when receiving a pass. In the air I agree that it seems to be because he looks to take the ball on his chest - I don't think I have ever seen a player do this so much, and for balls that the majority of players would look to head.

On the ground I suspect he's been used to having more time and space to play in, so could back into he defeneder and wait for the ball to come on to him, but in this league defenders get a challenge in too quickly. His first touch is so good that if he does go to the ball when taking passes he will create an extra yard on the defenders and be even more dangerous, especially around the penalty area.

Only one perfromance I know, but i have to say he looked one of the most impressive midfielders I've seen in a City shirt for years. Not the best defensively but that's what Hartley ( also v impressed with him) and Skuse where there to do. He played some sublime through balls last night, and if Maynard can get on the same wavelength then it could pay dividends.

Just how frustraed will Gj be that Sno is suspended for Saturday so he has to change the team yet again?

Re his positioning fro goal kicks. For his height he's not that good in the air, and as Cheese points out did not win many headers all night, so i wonder whether he pulls out wide in the hope he will be up against smaller defenders. Also, as I mentioend on another thread, he doesn't seem to attack the ball, whether for headers or when receiving a pass. In the air I agree that it seems to be because he looks to take the ball on his chest - I don't think I have ever seen a player do this so much, and for balls that the majority of players would look to head.

On the ground I suspect he's been used to having more time and space to play in, so could back into he defeneder and wait for the ball to come on to him, but in this league defenders get a challenge in too quickly. His first touch is so good that if he does go to the ball when taking passes he will create an extra yard on the defenders and be even more dangerous, especially around the penalty area.

Only one perfromance I know, but i have to say he looked one of the most impressive midfielders I've seen in a City shirt for years. Not the best defensively but that's what Hartley ( also v impressed with him) and Skuse where there to do. He played some sublime through balls last night, and if Maynard can get on the same wavelength then it could pay dividends.

Just how frustraed will Gj be that Sno is suspended for Saturday so he has to change the team yet again?

And last night's booking was entirely avoidable

Guest mindjuicer
Yeah - that'll explain why he was always hugging the right touch line from goal kicks then!

I'd have thought the left would be better for him since he's right-footed and will be facing our defenders.

Cheese, I think you're one of the most objective posters on the forum. Could you give us a run-down of what worked, what didn't from list night?

I've already seen you commenting that Sproule was mostly playing right wing? And that we had no byline runs again?

Apart from the goal, what impact did he make? What difference was Sno playing midfield?

Did Haynes play on the left wing then or stay next to Maynard?

Did Hartley play deep again or stay in 'mid-field'?

What impact was Orr? And did you agree with commentators that Skuse deserved MoM?

Edit - "objectional" :D

I'd have thought the left would be better for him since he's right-footed and will be facing our defenders.

Cheese, I think you're one of the most objective posters on the forum. If you've given a run-down of what worked, what didn't from list night I'll probably find it. If not, I'd love to read one.

Objective? Plan is to be objectional - I obviously need to work on that!

Archived