IGNORED

Will We Ever Be Happy?

Guest Rich i e

Guest Rich i e

Ward was ex-gas, Tinnion crap,Osman boring,Dicks long contracts,Benny-words fail me! Jordan left us,Lumsden wasn't famous enough, caretaker 3 was a joke, GJ has got LJ, TC-can't remember must have been something! Smith bought people like Cole , Atteveld who upset everyone else and no defence

All the fun of being a City, whoever it'll be, GJ or somoneelse, its good to moan - it makes us City fans.

Support QPR if you like change or Man U if you want to win things, or Arsenal if you want to be entertained. History tells us, for the next 35 years it'll probably be something like the above.

It'll never be perfect. Waffle over, back to my sherry n mince pies :noexpression:

Guest Rich i e
Ward was ex-gas, Tinnion crap,Osman boring,Dicks long contracts,Benny-words fail me! Jordan left us,Lumsden wasn't famous enough, caretaker 3 was a joke, GJ has got LJ, TC-can't remember must have been something! Smith bought people like Cole , Atteveld who upset everyone else and no defence

All the fun of being a City, whoever it'll be, GJ or somoneelse, its good to moan - it makes us City fans.

Support QPR if you like change or Man U if you want to win things, or Arsenal if you want to be entertained. History tells us, for the next 35 years it'll probably be something like the above.

It'll never be perfect. Waffle over, back to my sherry n mince pies :noexpression:

Wilson neagative...knew i forgot someone :surrender:

Dicks - By far the most successful City manager, at the end stayed too loyal to players, and failed to renew the team once in Div 1.

Houghton - Duller than dull, but had a poisoned chalice.

Hodgson - Perhaps we should have given him a chance.

Cooper - Took the Club from rock bottom and built a team that played superb football. He failed to get us up to Div 2, but it was never dull. And he signed Alan Walsh.

Jordan - Just added a bit of steel and got us promoted.

Lumsden - Did OK for a while.

Smith - A bit forgettable to be honest.

Osman - Had limited resources and did the best he could, sadly it made us dull, but once he left, we realised he was doing a pretty good job in difficult circumstances.

Jordan II - Never go back!

Ward - Good manager, got us promoted playing some great football. Pity Davidson went mad!

Benny - Good coach, good at developing players, useless as a manager.

Pulis - SH*T

Gang of 3 - Unusual set up, but they sorted out Clueless' mess and did great work bringing through Academy players.

Wilson - 3 good years playing entertaining football, with some narrow misses. Year 4 he was obsessed with 'The Wigan Way' and made us dull. Over-loyalty to Peacock and not picking Lita v Brighton were massive mistakes.

Tinnion - Reasonable first season, but lacked the ability to organise teams and any self-belief. Needed an experienced number 2.

See, it was not all bad pre-Johnson.

fully agree

Dicks - By far the most successful City manager, at the end stayed too loyal to players, and failed to renew the team once in Div 1.

Cooper - Took the Club from rock bottom and built a team that played superb football. He failed to get us up to Div 2, but it was never dull. And he signed Alan Walsh.

Osman - Had limited resources and did the best he could, sadly it made us dull, but once he left, we realised he was doing a pretty good job in difficult circumstances.

Ward - Good manager, got us promoted playing some great football. Pity Davidson went mad!

Pulis - SH*T

Gang of 3 - Unusual set up, but they sorted out Clueless' mess and did great work bringing through Academy players.

Wilson - 3 good years playing entertaining football, with some narrow misses. Year 4 he was obsessed with 'The Wigan Way' and made us dull. Over-loyalty to Peacock and not picking Lita v Brighton were massive mistakes.

Tinnion - Reasonable first season, but lacked the ability to organise teams and any self-belief. Needed an experienced number 2.

I think you got Wilson spot on, the first 3 seasons were good but then in the Brighton year i think it was more of us doing well despite Wilson , although u cant argue with the league table i guess, we got in top 6 twice.

As for Tinnion, i think it was more a case that he himself should have been the number 2 with someone else (keeping an element of city in the managment team) dare i say it like at the gas with Trollope. Trollope and Lawrence has worked really well, trollope has gained experience with a good expericed manager alongside him. Theyve got promoted and established themselves in league one.

If Tinnion had done something similar with GJ he might be ready to take over and do a good job when GJ left whenever that may be or go be a manager elsewhere. lee Clark did it being coach at norwich and the toon, now he's doing a good job at Huddersfield.

The worst thing about the Tinnion situation is that in my opinion he was still our best player by a mile the year we lost to Brighton, when he became manager he understandably stopped playing as much. He was a terrific player, best iv seen in my 10 years down here by a mile. Real shame it ended how it did

Guest leedsred

Pulis - SH*T

Just got to disagree with a couple of those fella...

Osman..... words fail me about that bloke, he was the bloody source of most of the problems, although the cupboard was fairly bare.

Wardie played a functional 4-4-2 and while we were strong both physically and mentally once we lost the Goat we never recovered.... and a lot of those promotion season games were tight 1-0 wins. But I agree good manager.

Wilson - er.... great start, brought through the youngsters really well, played nice football at times.... but had no plan B, let alone C, allowed a drinking culture to ruin the club, and the team had no killer instinct much like the manager. 3 years as bridesmaids were enough.

Guest leedsred

Great post, but I think we're like the old Arsenal fans...... they were truly miserable gits with their 1-0 wins! Only the new breed who love the entertaining stuff. I always loved the dry sarcastic wit at Ashton Gate, other people call it moaning! ;-)

Guest cityhead

Wouldn't want to argue with any of the opinions stated, except that we shouldn't think of nourselves as especially affected by a series of good/bad/indifferent managers. Every fan of every club in the country could post a similar thread.

Except Liverpool - you would be hard pressed to find a Liverpool supporter who thinks their problems are due to Rafa Benitez.

Archived