IGNORED

850 Of Us Heading For

Never to the dark side

Went last year funny little ground proper close to the pitch and seen a city fan punched by another city fan apparently for singing! Cant really see why they have had so much investment from Briatore and co its just so cramped virtually no room for expansion surrounded by houses so how they can stay there and have prem football like they are on about i dont know. Havent heard any talk about a new ground has anyone else?. That said though glad i went cos its a proper old school ground but i doubt i would go again especially not hungover on Boxing Day!

Is it just street parking around the ground? Or is their anywhere good to park. Will be my first time.

There are a couple of "matchday" car parks up side roads - left turns just before the BBC centre these are best bet I have found but being Laaandon they aint cheap govnr! - £6-£8 I expect

Dont know what services are like on Boxing day but sometimes worth doing what I do for England games - park up in the suburbs and catch train/tube in to Sheps Bush

I'm on the coach, but here you go

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/queens_park_rangers/

Worth bookmarking that site for any ground, i've found it really useful.

There are a couple of "matchday" car parks up side roads - left turns just before the BBC centre these are best bet I have found but being Laaandon they aint cheap govnr! - £6-£8 I expect

Dont know what services are like on Boxing day but sometimes worth doing what I do for England games - park up in the suburbs and catch train/tube in to Sheps Bush

Cheers for the help.

Guest Uxbridge Red
Cheers for the help.

Central line is open on boxing day - runs past the gorund - white city or shepherds bush. Plenty of parking near West Ruislip station a short drive off of the A40 into London.

:innocent06: not Me, are you sure you went didnt see you :unsure:

I'm talking '78, glos., a knife was chucked into the penalty area from the end where most of us City fans were - although there were fans of both sides in that open end with no segregation that I remember. Pretty sure it was blamed on a City fan anyway. A bit more than 30 years ago - were you at that one?

I was living in London at the time and the incident, with a still photo of the knife sticking in the penalty area turf, was the first item on London news (or whatever it was called) on the Monday evening.

I dont remember seeing you there either, unless you were the bloke somewhat incongruously going round giving out dry stone walling leaflets at half time while singing East End songs? :innocent06:

I'm talking '78, glos., a knife was chucked into the penalty area from the end where most of us City fans were - although there were fans of both sides in that open end with no segregation that I remember. Pretty sure it was blamed on a City fan anyway. A bit more than 30 years ago - were you at that one?

I was living in London at the time and the incident, with a still photo of the knife sticking in the penalty area turf, was the first item on London news (or whatever it was called) on the Monday evening.

I dont remember seeing you there either, unless you were the bloke somewhat incongruously going round giving out dry stone walling leaflets at half time while singing East End songs? :innocent06:

:whistle2: nah I cant remember what I was doing last week let alone back then; :dunno: seem to remember I did my tour of the proper away grounds between 68 and 78 :drunk2: when I covered most of them. Other things seem more important now like paying the bills and staying alive, silly I know.

:whistle2: nah I cant remember what I was doing last week let alone back then; :dunno:

'Twas a joke glos, not exactly a CHRISTMAS CRACKER I know. :gaah:

Let's hope for some fireworks on the pitch from City at QPR this time round, not literally though. :nono:

I'll be there. It's very near my house in Fulham. Considering cyclying..!
Well if the MET are on form like they usually are when City are in the smoke then if you get arrested they take you to the station by the Chelsea ground.

Guest EssexRobin

FYI: Those travelling by train from East Anglia, East London, Essex and Hertfordshire. Allow an extra 40 mins, according to National Rail.

National Express East Anglia have bus replacement between Ilford and London. Buses taking people to Newbury Park (so you can go direct to the ground on the Central Line).

Same problem too for those travelling down to the Watford match.

Archived