IGNORED

Wish The Snow Would "foff" F

Guest matt0755

Guest matt0755

IM :fingerscrossed: that the game happens on Saturday! As Ive Booked This Day As A Holiday! If It Dont Im Already Dealin Business With Colleagues To Cover The Potentional Rearanged Date!

Guest Jody Mortimer

i live in aldershot and we have had 9cm already and there predicting more for tonight, tommorow and part of thursday, i had planned to go so i hope its on.

Due to hit 41 degrees C here on Saturday...............................

:coat:

Thanks for that!

Not a fan of snow at all, but my girls love it, and as I'm sat in bed with a cuppa waiting for the cricket, I can't say it's all bad!

I live in Croydon now, and we're predicted snow for the next few days. I wouldn't hold your breath, although I'll update the weather situation throughout the week.
My boy lives in Penge couple of miles from selhurst park so is right in Palarse territory so a must win game for him or at least not lose otherwise he will have to take loads of grief .

North Street is werid.. its so quiet, no cars.. was fun going sideways down Rownham Hill this morning :o

You came down Rownham Hill? :shocking: You must be an employers dream if you take such risks to get into work.

The last time we had serious snow I went up Rownham Hill in an effort to get to Clifton Village and got stuck 3/4 of the way up. Coming down must have been a nightmare.

Or be self employed, or run own business, or enjoy a challenge, or just fed up with people using the snow as an excuse...

:D

Yeh, those lazy to$$ers that don't bother, don't it just make you puke! Just seen a bloke in a Landrover Discovery slide down the hill in front of my house and run into a parked car! But at least he tried.................

Things works fine with studded tyres on cars (by law from december to March) and no problem with the rail. Minus 38.8 last night was in a place called Hemavan. Stockholm was not reaching minus 20 :disapointed2se:

Doesn't everything just stop working in those conditions? IE Oil and fuel freezing, electrics stop working?

• Admin
Doesn't everything just stop working in those conditions? IE Oil and fuel freezing, electrics stop working?

Cold shouldn't effect electrical machines, the generators are in warm buildings, they produce lots of heat.

5w/40w engine oil will withstand temps to approx -40°C, if before it starts to gel, 0w/30W would be needed then, thats if you didn't have other major problems. The additives in diesel now days will stop it waxing down to -40°C and petrol will start to freeze at approx -60°C.

So no need to worry - just yet!!

Archived