IGNORED

Friday Night.

_Bristol-City_

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you don't live in Bristol two midweek matches in four days is too hard to organise. I've missed it but why isn't the game scheduled for Saturday?

On Friday?

I thought it was Saturday

Can't see anything on the OS that says its Friday

only reason i can think of is the cardiff game on tues blink.gif

Rovers have a home game on saturday, so it must be played on friday/sunday, they've chosen friday. 7.45 kick off.

If you we're at the match yesterday and brought a programme its in there :)

The programme says Friday or Sunday.

I am surprised it is Friday as Sunday would give them longer to sort the tickets out, but hey ho. Let's get there first.

If if was scheduled for Sunday it would only give us 48 hours before we play Cardiff in the league, so playing the match on Friday does seem like the best option. Tickets will be available pay on the day is we make it, I doubt playing it 2 days earlier will actually affect the attendance that much.

With the Leicester FA Cup match so soon after the last thing City in particular will want on Tuesday is extra time and possible penalties so lets hope there is a result within 90 mins. After the weekend its Cardiff again the following Tuesday. Three games in 7 days after two weeks without a game due to the weather.

IF we get through, and that is a BIG if, I think we'll get a decent attendance as it will be 2 wins on the bounce, and a 4th round tie. I think we'd be looking in the 10-12k bracket tbh and I don't see it being anywhere near as low as Tuesday, if we have another positive display tuesday, then who knows maybe we'll get a decent crowd in. And I was also surprised we chose Friday rather than Sunday but I suppose that would have meant 2 games in 3 days if we did choose Sunday.

Three games in 7 days after two weeks without a game due to the weather.

Maybe! A win against a modest Preston side whose defence did not grasp the basic concept of marking does not mean that we are certs to win on Tuesday.

If we do win, and draw against Leicester, we will have-

Tues 19th Cardiff

Friday 22nd Leicester

Tues 26th Cardiff

Sat 30th Middlesboro

Tues 2nd (Assumed) Leicester

Sat 6th Coventry

Tues 9th Watford

Sat 13th Sheff Utd, FA Cup or no game.

Tues 16th Leicester

Sat 20th West Brom

That would certainly test our squad!

Maybe! A win against a modest Preston side whose defence did not grasp the basic concept of marking does not mean that we are certs to win on Tuesday.

Tues 19th Cardiff

Friday 22nd Leicester

Tues 26th Cardiff

Sat 30th Middlesboro

Sat 6th Coventry

Tues 9th Watford

Tues 16th Leicester

Sat 20th West Brom

There's always the possibility of injuries but otherwise the players should be quite capable of 2 games per week.

The Liverpool team of the 70's used to get through 65+ games a season and the team was mostly unchanged. Similarly City had a comparatively tiny squad and settled team when we went up in '76.

If we really consider the likes of Wilson, Ribeiro, Edwards, Plummer, Artus, Kington and Jackson to be worth contracts then GJ should have no hesitation in pitching them in at any time if the need arises.

I'll certainly be there on Friday, if required!character0009.gif

Tues 19th Cardiff

Friday 22nd Leicester

Tues 26th Cardiff

Sat 30th Middlesboro

Sat 6th Coventry

Tues 9th Watford

Tues 16th Leicester

Sat 20th West Brom

There's also the rearranged Palace game to fit in somewhere.

What price do we reckon the tickets will be, i know City wanted to reduce the price further for the 1st game but Cardiff wouldn't let us, a lot of people are still skint from xmas so it may well affect the attendance, hopefully we'll get a chance to see how the club will help us out in these difficult times after we win on tue, i for one would like to see them set a price of around £12-£15 for an adult and £5 for kids and get a decent attendance

Tues 19th Cardiff

Friday 22nd Leicester

Tues 26th Cardiff

Sat 30th Middlesboro

Sat 6th Coventry

Tues 9th Watford

Tues 16th Leicester

Sat 20th West Brom

West Brom has already been moved to 2pm Sunday to keep the TV folks happy.

Guest comfortinsound

This has wound me up. I have plans that i can't get out of. When on earth do we ever play on a friday? Hideous. Have to get there first though!

Archived