IGNORED

My Rant On Yesterday.

_Bristol-City_

Sno. How ******* useless. I'm sorry, some may think I am incorrect but he does not belong playing football in England he can't keep up with the pace, his passing is all over the place.. He is a good player, in Holland.

And Patrick.A = tumbleweed.gif .

Ah...13 years old.

Spot on about Sno, the FACTS are, we have won 5 in 25 since hes been here and we won 3 in 5 before he came.

Do you honestly believe that one single player can be the cause of a set of 25 results? Do you not think football would be a bit easier to predict if that was the case?

Do you know anything about statistics? How can you compare a run of 25 games with 5?

I can't believe I'm even bothering to reply!

Yup idiot! Sno can play and has a great first touch, he has good vision, does not often loose the ball, plays some very clever balls. Seems sometimes the players around him just not clever as he is.

Also what you have to remember is many times he has played its not in his prefered position. I 4 one hopes he is here next season.

Yes i do believe that 25 games of slowing the play down, giving the ball away every other pass, not tracking back, unable to head the ball etc etc has had a bad effect on our season. Answer me this, if hes so good why is he not playing for Ajax ? Or a top flight club somewhere in Europe ?

Yes i do believe that 25 games of slowing the play down, giving the ball away every other pass, not tracking back, unable to head the ball etc etc has had a bad effect on our season. Answer me this, if hes so good why is he not playing for Ajax ? Or a top flight club somewhere in Europe ?

Slowing down play? Yeah, it's called holding the ball up, it's a vital skill when there is nothing on. What he doesn't do is fail to take passes that are on.

Not tracking back? Simple not true, he does a large amount of tracking back.

Unable to head? Dunno, he seems to prefer to take it on his chest - he certainly wins a lot that way and keeps the ball.

Giving the ball away? Far less often than other midfielders in my observation and he is more ambitious with his passing.

He's a very effective player even when played out of position.

Honestly I'm not sure you're even watching the same player.

Why's he not playing for Ajax? Because they have some of the best players in Europe and although they paid a large fee for him they switched managers and Martin Jol hasn't made him part of his plans this season.

I think he's better than this level, nobody suggested by "class" they meant a contender for world player of the year.

The only reason Sno has to slow down play is that the movement of our front two is shocking and Mr Caution doesn't like his midfield players to make forward runs past the ball carrier as it leaves us too open and liable to the counter attack in his opinion. You can only pass the ball if there is a decent pass on and a decent pass doesn't include going backwards to the Centre Half so that he can lump it aimlessly through to the opposition keeper. It might look great on the Prozone Stats but i prefer the player who will hold on to the ball and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

Some people obviously watch different games to the one I watch..

Sno looked good again yesterday, he isnt afraid of getting stuck in an has an eye for a pass that may just break down opposition defences. Half the problem we have is that none of our players are making the right kind of runs that Sno is looking for...

He has been played out of position for the majority of games he has played. Give him and Hartley a run of games together and I think we could have one of the best midfield pairings in this division. We would just need a winger or two making runs for them to pass to... tumbleweed.gif

Your opinion,i think your watching a different player than a lot of us. Has he got a beard and is Scottish? Even the manager has now realised that Sno is not good enough to make the starting 11. Send him back to Holland and play someone who is suited to the Championship instead, because Sno isnt and never will be.Thats my opinion and you wont change it. Fact!!

Your opinion,i think your watching a different player than a lot of us. Has he got a beard and is Scottish? Even the manager has now realised that Sno is not good enough to make the starting 11. Send him back to Holland and play someone who is suited to the Championship instead, because Sno isnt and never will be.Thats my opinion and you wont change it. Fact!!

Was that a reply to my post??

If so then you are entitled to your opinion as much as I am mine.. You dont rate him, I do...

Fact?? source.gif

He's 13 so that means he is stupid? Nice and patronising there mate. Thing is he's partially right, he slows the pace down an awful lot and for his size very rarely makes a tackle.

No, it doesn't mean he's stupid, but it does mean he's immature and hasn't formed an opinion based on a great deal of experience. I would treat his opinion on football in the same I would his world philosophy - not very seriously.

And without sounding patronising, anyone who berates Sno for holding onto the ball and waiting for the right pass, can always advocate the return of McCombe to the backline where he can launch aimless long balls in the general direction of the opposition's half.

You can forgive a 13 year old for not spotting Sno's obvious qualities, the ones who appear to be without hope are those who've been watching the game for 30 years and still can't spot a decent footballer right under their noses.

Slowing down play? Yeah, it's called holding the ball up, it's a vital skill when there is nothing on. What he doesn't do is fail to take passes that are on.

Unable to head? Dunno, he seems to prefer to take it on his chest - he certainly wins a lot that way and keeps the ball.

Giving the ball away? Far less often than other midfielders in my observation and he is more ambitious with his passing.

Why's he not playing for Ajax? Because they have some of the best players in Europe and although they paid a large fee for him they switched managers and Martin Jol hasn't made him part of his plans this season.

I think he's better than this level, nobody suggested by "class" they meant a contender for world player of the year.

Well said, sums him up perfectly.

Also grabbed three quality goals to date.

Sno. How ******* useless. I'm sorry, some may think I am incorrect but he does not belong playing football in England he can't keep up with the pace, his passing is all over the place.. He is a good player, in Holland.

Let me get this right, he's so rubbish that he played for a top dutch club who came over and hammered us 4-0 in a friendly. hes so rubbish that ashton gate gave him a standing ovation when he left. Hes so rubbish that after the ajax game johnson enquired about buying him straight away, and we subsequently got him.

no, your right he is crap. can play at top flight dutch and european level, but not good enough for us.

I think this thread shows what is wrong with a lot of city fans - expectation levels are far too high!

It is clear that people were expecting Sno to have scored at least 10 goals by now and to be completely dominating the midfield in every match at this level.

I believe it is clear that Sno is a decent, hard working midfielder with a good technical level of skill and a decent engine. His passing ability is good and he demonstrates a high level

of skill with both his short passing and long range passing. If you watch highlights of yesterday's game you will see several examples of his sharp 1 touch passing and his movement off of the ball.

I agree that I was perhaps expecting Sno to be a more effective player in this division, because of his affiliation with Ajax, but generally he is still a very good player and more than capable of holding his own at this level.

Guest themaidenmaniac

Sno is the best holder of the ball we have IMO. I think he shows a lot of class all round, certainly one of the better players.

Totally agree. FACT!!

Spot on about Sno, the FACTS are, we have won 5 in 25 since hes been here and we won 3 in 5 before he came.

I do hope you're not trying to use that as a valid statistic... We started last season strongly and plummeted to 18th by Christmas without Sno.

A man doesn't get man of the match against the European Champions if he's not a good player, and I've seen nothing when played IN POSITION to suggest otherwise.

I do hope you're not trying to use that as a valid statistic... We started last season strongly and plummeted to 18th by Christmas without Sno.

A man doesn't get man of the match against the European Champions if he's not a good player, and I've seen nothing when played IN POSITION to suggest otherwise.

I'm afraid he is trying to use that as a valid statistic. No point arguing with him though. He also thinks you can't call any Bristol City player quality because if he was quality he would be playing for a better club. I know ,., don't even go there!

I really do feel sorry for Sno. He is a quality player and had a good game yesterday yet he is nearly always played out of position and subbed when he doesn't deserve to be. Not appreicated by many here, he might as well go back to Holland. A real shame as I doubt we will see many better down here for a while they way things are going.

How people do not rate Sno is beyond me! If by slowing down play you mean holding the ball up well when no-one bothers looking/moving for the pass then yes I suppose he does. He's strong, hard to tackle and has a good eye for a pass.

Funny how on the few occasions he has played in his position he's had rave reviews and at Leicester scored.

I really do feel sorry for Sno. He is a quality player and had a good game yesterday yet he is nearly always played out of position and subbed when he doesn't deserve to be. Not appreicated by many here, he might as well go back to Holland. A real shame as I doubt we will see many better down here for a while they way things are going.

I don't think we'll be able to keep him or that he'll want to stay given that he's not been given a chance to do what he does best.

On the whole though, at least from this thread, it seems that most people see that he is a good player.

We have had all this "in position" all season, whats his position Goalkeeper? because hes played everywhere else and still hasnt shown his "great talent" everybody says he has. Yesterday he was his usual anonymous self ( however much you try and hype him up) and got taken off after an hour, strange that we played most of our better stuff in the last 30 mins wasnt itwhistle.gif

I'm afraid he is trying to use that as a valid statistic. No point arguing with him though. He also thinks you can't call any Bristol City player quality because if he was quality he would be playing for a better club. I know ,., don't even go there!

If you want to post to me then post. Dont give it all this "him" if you have something to say to me then say it to me.

The Quality play in the top league, the players with less quality play further down the leagues, dont you actually get it?

Let me get this right, he's so rubbish that he played for a top dutch club who came over and hammered us 4-0 in a friendly. hes so rubbish that ashton gate gave him a standing ovation when he left. Hes so rubbish that after the ajax game johnson enquired about buying him straight away, and we subsequently got him.

no, your right he is crap. can play at top flight dutch and european level, but not good enough for us.

]Did you go that kick about..... i mean pre season friendly? because i did. It was a game with no tackling and no closing down untill Hartley came on in the 80th min and stirred it up.You could have played in that game it was so friendly.

Johnson hasnt bought him!! hes here on loan. He used to play for Celtic and there fans voted him the WORST player to ever play for Celtic (still with me?).

Hes not good enough to play for Ajax, so Johnson after watching him ONCE got him to come here.

Yesterday he only played because Cambell Rice got injured, so even Johnson wont now put him in his first Eleven.

He was taken off after 60 mins yesterday, and he was not injuredwhistle.gif

Guest citynut54

No, it doesn't mean he's stupid, but it does mean he's immature and hasn't formed an opinion based on a great deal of experience. I would treat his opinion on football in the same I would his world philosophy - not very seriously.

And without sounding patronising, anyone who berates Sno for holding onto the ball and waiting for the right pass, can always advocate the return of McCombe to the backline where he can launch aimless long balls in the general direction of the opposition's half.

You can forgive a 13 year old for not spotting Sno's obvious qualities, the ones who appear to be without hope are those who've been watching the game for 30 years and still can't spot a decent footballer right under their noses.

Very true!! As the saying goes ' there's non so blind as those that don't want to see'. Some people on here are just looking for a scapegoat and looks like its his turn at the moment.

Just because sno hasn't been playing for Ajax or been snapped up by Real Madrid does not mean that he's crap!! He is a QUALITY player at CCC level, unlike some around him. Seems strange to me that when you look on opposition forums after games, then most seem to think he's our best player!!

If you want to post to me then post. Dont give it all this "him" if you have something to say to me then say it to me.

The Quality play in the top league, the players with less quality play further down the leagues, dont you actually get it?

Well there is such a thing as "relativity" - he is quality relative to others in CCC for example - get it?

You may have noticed that the majority of people who have posted on here about Sno disagree with you. You're obviously proud of your opinion, so fair play to you.

Personally, I'm really not sure about Sno. One minute he's world class, the next he's average at best, I don't know if this is because he's being played out of position or what. There is no doubt he is a TECHNICALLY gifted player, but applieing that skill into a match is a whole different matter.

]Did you go that kick about..... i mean pre season friendly? because i did. It was a game with no tackling and no closing down untill Hartley came on in the 80th min and stirred it up.You could have played in that game it was so friendly.

Johnson hasnt bought him!! hes here on loan. He used to play for Celtic and there fans voted him the WORST player to ever play for Celtic (still with me?).

Hes not good enough to play for Ajax, so Johnson after watching him ONCE got him to come here.

Yesterday he only played because Cambell Rice got injured, so even Johnson wont now put him in his first Eleven.

He was taken off after 60 mins yesterday, and he was not injuredwhistle.gif

i never said we bought him mate, im just raising the issue that city fans gave him a standing ovation and we subsequently end up with him playing for the club.

what i cant understand is that hes good enough for a top dutch club but not bristol city? im sorry, but if anything hes one of our better players at the moment. for people to slag him off is beyond me. not his fault hes being told to play out of position.

and just for the record, a few celtic fans at work told me how sh-ite hartley was, but yet again, another decent turn out on our account. so martin jol never rated him, sno is still a quality player and for people to blame him for our poor performances as of late is beyond me.

Archived