IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Guest redbert

Guest redbert

Sorry I have to moan BUT.... although defensively O.k His distribution and crossing was woeful. Last night a quality Full Back (maybe Riberio) could of made a massive difference. 5 maybe 7 woeful crosses were put in by Orr & not one was of quality. He again last night was very quick to shout and ball at everyone else, mainly Gerken (why i do not know) but yet again his attacking side of the game was poor. Full back is generally the the easiest position to play, but a good full back can change the game. Im not doubting his commitment or defensive qualities, I seen him punching the ground at the final whistle!!! but surely he must improve his crossing/distribution or is it time for a change.............

disapointed2se.gif

Sorry I have to moan BUT.... although defensively O.k His distribution and crossing was woeful. Last night a quality Full Back (maybe Riberio) could of made a massive difference. 5 maybe 7 woeful crosses were put in by Orr & not one was of quality. He again last night was very quick to shout and ball at everyone else, mainly Gerken (why i do not know) but yet again his attacking side of the game was poor. Full back is generally the the easiest position to play, but a good full back can change the game. Im not doubting his commitment or defensive qualities, I seen him punching the ground at the final whistle!!! but surely he must improve his crossing/distribution or is it time for a change.............

disapointed2se.gif

been saying this for months - good defender and thats it, Is he championship quality? no chance in my opinion as hes to limited in what he can do.

disapointed2se.gif

He was shouting at Gerkin because Gerkin is supposed to command his box and shout at his defenders AT ALL TIMES. One instance in the first half Nyatanga got to the ball before the leicester striker between the area and the corner flag and ended up putting the ball out for a throw. Gerkin was stood on his line !! He should have been out either calling for a pass back or bawling at Nyatanga that he had time to turn. Orr then had a go at Gerkin and rightly so. Orr had a really good second half IMO so i think your comments on him are a little un-just

Guest redbert

He was shouting at Gerkin because Gerkin is supposed to command his box and shout at his defenders AT ALL TIMES. One instance in the first half Nyatanga got to the ball before the leicester striker between the area and the corner flag and ended up putting the ball out for a throw. Gerkin was stood on his line !! He should have been out either calling for a pass back or bawling at Nyatanga that he had time to turn. Orr then had a go at Gerkin and rightly so. Orr had a really good second half IMO so i think your comments on him are a little un-just

As I said O.k defending, but my point is going forward and in my opinion ...No he didn't

Guest Hanhamreds

For me he is struggling at the moment, maybe his confidence is a bit low, only he can answer that.

But he did take a knock during the 2nd half and it was obvious to me that he was struggling with his right thigh for a while.

Sorry but he is one of several players who just are not good enough to allow us to go forward or improve

How many times have we seen him (or Mac for that matter) be on the END of a cross or move to put the ball in the net? (clue...zero)

It appears sometimes that we are the only team that has fullbacks who dont do that!

I don't like pointing out weaknesses in the side, but i've thought for a long time our Fullbacks have been our Weak links.

Orr can defend, but in this day and age, we need quality balls from both our fullbacks.

Either by link up play to Midfield or pinpoint crosses to our forwards.

If GJ plays wingers, this is even more important, as they have to fill the gap in Midfield or for an outlet pass.

Quiet frankly i feel our lack of goals this season has been down to this weakness.

Just an observation and imo.

I think that Orr is a capable right-back in a 4-4-2, particularly when he has someone in front of him who will track back, help out and wants the ball e.g. Sproule. IMO that's why him and Macca looked perfectly good enough in our play-off season... they played in a setttled 4-4-2 with McIndoe / Sproule / Wilson in front of them, who all helped out.

I think he's exsposed in a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 as he does not have the pace, distribution qualities or attack-mindedness to offer anything going forward.

Same goes for Macca pretty much, although his distrubution is better so he can play LB or LM (not wing-back though!), but on the flipside he struggles against pace at full back far more than Orr.

as he does not have the pace, distribution qualities or attack-mindedness to offer anything going forward.

Ermmmm...Sort of somes him up then really. Too much of a passenger, you can't have this at this level.

The opposite can be said of Macca at left back. Can't defend, but on his day can find a pass. TBH, imo he's more of a weaklink than Orr.

You can't deny Orr's passion and determination though. But that isn't good enough in the Championship.

To be honest, his delivery has always been woeful since the day he got here. Maybe that is why he was moved from midfield to right back. Personally, I really think that his position is the one that will be most challenged next season and if Ribiero has got anything about him and gets a few starts I think Bradley will permanently be on the bench - and rightly so

Full back is generally the the easiest position to play

I trust you've never actually played at full back then? How can a position where the player is required to defend, as well as making attacking runs forward and delivering quality crosses, be described as the easiest on the pitch?

I've been playing at full back for many years now, and even at a much lower level than the Championship, I'm still required to be up and down the pitch all game whilst keeping track of the opposing winger and becoming an attacking threat.

Easy? Please.

To reply to your point though, I feel that Bradley is not performing at anywhere near the level he should be.

I thought that last night, Bradley had a very good game - particularly in the second half. He played a couple of passes inside the fullback the likes of which we haven't seen at AG for far too long - Tinnon was a master of this art. Such passes are so difficult to defend against.

If only GJ could get Sproule to play further up the RH touchline and run onto the ball played past the defender, rather than dropping back to the halfway line to pick it up and run at the opposition, he may become a more potent threat.

Orr certainly does have weaknesses in his game and distribution is generally one of them but fair play to him, last night he was outstanding and along with Carey and Johnson, were contenders for MOM IMHO.

Guest Who Shot JR?

I think that Orr is a capable right-back in a 4-4-2, particularly when he has someone in front of him who will track back, help out and wants the ball e.g. Sproule. IMO that's why him and Macca looked perfectly good enough in our play-off season... they played in a setttled 4-4-2 with McIndoe / Sproule / Wilson in front of them, who all helped out.

I think he's exsposed in a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 as he does not have the pace, distribution qualities or attack-mindedness to offer anything going forward.

Same goes for Macca pretty much, although his distrubution is better so he can play LB or LM (not wing-back though!), but on the flipside he struggles against pace at full back far more than Orr.

Good post IMO. + it was in a settled 4-4-2 formation that he was picked for the CCC side of the season.

Orr = quality right back. closedeyes.gif

Guest dougal135

I think on the whole Orr is a good defender, although i think he often looks like he wont last the whole game,can often look tired in the last ten mins or so.

I dont think he is having a great season compared to the last couple of seasons, and yes at times when a decent ball is needed (a cross into the box) he often fluffs it, and at times when he is in a good position to just have a pop himself he doesnt. (abit like most of the city players). I dont think he has scored yet this season, and could do with a couple to boost his confidence.

All in All a good defender, who could do better.

disapointed2se.gif

Full back an easy position.

I'm guessing you have never played there then?

Guest cockney dave

disapointed2se.gif

englandsmile4wf.gif Couldn't agree more.I don't think he has been the same since he went on the transfer list.I always thought he would go on and go to bigger club..But he certainly dissapoints meenglandsmile4wf.gif

Guest redbert

Full back an easy position.

I'm guessing you have never played there then?

Funny you should ask because I did and as I said.Full back is generally the the easiest position to play, but a good full back can change the game. Orr cannot pass there for he very rarely changes the game.

As a matter of interest I wonder what is the easiest position ? Gotta be centre half surely ?

Missionary?

The original post is just plain wrong. Since when have fullbacks been responsible for crossing into the box?

What is the guy in front of the fullback in midfield supposed to be doing?

In a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 I agree that the wingback should be able to get forward and cross a decent ball. But, Orr isn't a wingback (even a blind man could see this disapointed2se.gif ).

I thought Orr had one of his best games this season for us yesterday. His tackling was immense. He surged forward when needed and rarely gave the ball away. Only Carey and Skuse were better players on the night.

Missionary?

The original post is just plain wrong. Since when have fullbacks been responsible for crossing into the box?

What is the guy in front of the fullback in midfield supposed to be doing?

In a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 I agree that the wingback should be able to get forward and cross a decent ball. But, Orr isn't a wingback (even a blind man could see this disapointed2se.gif ).

I thought Orr had one of his best games this season for us yesterday. His tackling was immense. He surged forward when needed and rarely gave the ball away. Only Carey and Skuse were better players on the night.

Fullbacks have been expected to be able to play football, probably since Hungary beat England back in the 50's...

Surely in this day and age, a footballer should be able to cross and make a pass regardless of what position he plays.

Orr inveriably doesn't do this.

Do you want him to just 'hoof' it upfield hopefully?

Occassionally the Midfield will 'draw' a player away from the forwards, to create space for the fullback to pass or cross into.

Orrs efforts more often than not, go straight to the opposition, are cut out, or are over hit.

Can't deny his passion though.

Guest Who Shot JR?

Funny you should ask because I did and as I said.Full back is generally the the easiest position to play, but a good full back can change the game. Orr cannot pass there for he very rarely changes the game.

... and my dad is harder than your dad etc etc. bruce_h4h.gif

Easiest position? Centre forward, especially if you play for City. All you have to do is run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins and get frustrated with the lack of service. Shimples.

Bradley Orr and Mccalister are both equal, they are quite good at defending but woeful when given time and space to cross or make a pass, This has been a major problem in the City side for the past 18 months,

Everytime I watch City its the same, YOU WATCH BRADLEY ORR, when is has the ball, he either gives it away or just lumps it to know one.

This is one of the many areas that Mr Johnson has failed to correct, sometimes his loyalty to Orr and Maccer beggers belief,

I would of liked to see Ribiero given a chance,

For me ORR is a centre back if you play with 3 he is not a fullback in any description,

People who could play fullback instead are, Elliot, Skuse, Ribiero, personally we needed to sign 2 good fullback for the past 18 months,

Bradley Orr and Mccalister are both equal, they are quite good at defending but woeful when given time and space to cross or make a pass, This has been a major problem in the City side for the past 18 months,

Everytime I watch City its the same, YOU WATCH BRADLEY ORR, when is has the ball, he either gives it away or just lumps it to know one.

This is one of the many areas that Mr Johnson has failed to correct, sometimes his loyalty to Orr and Maccer beggers belief,

For me ORR is a centre back if you play with 3 he is not a fullback in any description,

People who could play fullback instead are, Elliot, Skuse, Ribiero, personally we needed to sign 2 good fullback for the past 18 months,

So let's get this right, you criticise Orr for his distribution but reckon that Elliott could play there!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like pointing out weaknesses in the side, but i've thought for a long time our Fullbacks have been our Weak links.

Orr can defend, but in this day and age, we need quality balls from both our fullbacks.

Either by link up play to Midfield or pinpoint crosses to our forwards.

If GJ plays wingers, this is even more important, as they have to fill the gap in Midfield or for an outlet pass.

Quiet frankly i feel our lack of goals this season has been down to this weakness.

Just an observation and imo.

Our lack of goals has been down to the fact we dont have full backs OR wingers, who can cross a decent ball! Its seriously embaressing at times at the lack of ability to cross a moving ball.

I think for a bloke who started as a midfielder and spending 8 years as a pro to still be passing the ball so badly is a joke.

Short and to the point that is City in a nutshell plenty of triers but the quality where it matters ain't there for example Newcastle sign Wayne Routeledge ,Forest sign Dexter Blackstock we get Patrick Agyemang from Q P R. rofl2br.gif

Guest redbert

... and my dad is harder than your dad etc etc. bruce_h4h.gif

Easiest position? Centre forward, especially if you play for City. All you have to do is run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins and get frustrated with the lack of service. Shimples.

He He Like your humour but just replying to a post asking if id every played there. Not a one upmanship post..........surrender.gif

I've always thought that Louis would be a good wing back, so maybe if we're playing that way BO should play with LF & LN as the back three.

I've always thought that Louis would be a good wing back, so maybe if we're playing that way BO should play with LF & LN as the back three.

maybe thats the answer, Carey played RB for years, marauding up and down the line with Murray, I wonder if his legs could take it now? Ribeiro has to be given a try there first though.

Guest nacho libre

It is clear that Orr has very poor kicking technique for championship level. He always floats paceless balls into the box which no one can just direct towards the goal. He needs to work on whipping the bloody ball in with pace.

His stength, 1st touch and aggression mask a huge flaw in his game. The reason Sno gets caught out is that he does not want to give the ball to Orr as he knows he will be defending a throw.:closedeyes:

So let me get this right, you think Orr is a better CB and NOT a full-back? Unebelievable. Of course he's a full-back, and a decent standard one at that. I agree his distrubition is questionable and has been especially poor this season but he has played a lot of games at wing-back, and he simply isn't a wing-back. There also seems to be a them running throughout our team that consists of the defenders lumping it upfield and I think this must be some sort of strategy as all 3 of our CB's regularly do this as well.

Archived