IGNORED

Play-offs?

Guest basso_no1

Guest basso_no1

This is frivolopus I suppose BUT

could it actually be possible?

How would this squad fair in the Premier league?

What do you think?

What do you think?

Possible? yes. Unlikely? are far bigger yes.

Premier league? The current squad would be lucky to pick up the odd point, though we would strengthen, surely.

Simple fact is we have the squad the players we have are quality some a bit dodgy but we have others that could come in there place. Problem is consistency by rights we should be on a winning run after the WBA game but were not that's the problem, the finger points firmly at the management. I'm not saying he should go but something clearly isn't right!

Whilst I don't really think there is any way we can put together the run of form required to make the playoffs its amazing how one win can leave you in a far more positive mind set and vice versa for a defeat. Suddenly instead of looking at the next two games as relegation 6 pointers you can start to think that they are two winable away games and with 6 points from these we could be back within touching distance.

Of course picking up 6 points from these games defies all logical thinking given our generally awful away form for 2 years andd how we've struggled to get any sort of consistency this season but hey until Saturday it'll be fun to think about things this way rather than looking down and who knows we may even pick up another 3 points on Saturday then who knows what will happen....

I believe that this is why pundits say the championship so exciting!

Guest Cideredz1

Doing well at any level is about 60% confidence, 20% luck and opportunity, 20% quality of team. arguably we have little of the first two, however, decent recent against palace, cnt believe we talk of playoffs again - wait until next wednesday - if we win at reading and plymouth we lay have an outside chance - stranger things happen in football

Guest Frome Red

What do you think?

Don't mean to put a down spin on this but yes it i possible but so is relegation ! but i would be more surprised if we went down than if we made the play off's.

If we went to the prem with the squad we have now - well if we let in 5 & 6 against doncaster & cardiff what will happen against the prem teams !

my personal opinion is that the best thing for the club would be to finish mid table 9-13 and sorry to say Get a new man in with new idea's someone who has been there and done it before but not unrealistic - souness, Megson, coppell, curbishley someone with deeper links in football than The Johnson's.

Don't mean to put a down spin on this but yes it i possible but so is relegation ! but i would be more surprised if we went down than if we made the play off's.

If we went to the prem with the squad we have now - well if we let in 5 & 6 against doncaster & cardiff what will happen against the prem teams !

my personal opinion is that the best thing for the club would be to finish mid table 9-13 and sorry to say Get a new man in with new idea's someone who has been there and done it before but not unrealistic - souness, Megson, coppell, curbishley someone with deeper links in football than The Johnson's.

If we couldn't get any of these without paying through the nose and possibly putting the club in danger would you still want GJ to leave or for us to look else where maybe go for a 5th or 6th choice?

Will people please stop going on about playoffs after one win! It is not possible with the team/management/consistency we have shown this season. Don't make the same mistake of getting carried away again as many did after Preston/Wet Brom. Last night was a battling performance, exactly what we need at the moment, but our play shows how far away from playoffs we really are.

Guest Who Shot JR?

Possible? yes. Unlikely? are far bigger yes.

Premier league? The current squad would be lucky to pick up the odd point, though we would strengthen, surely.

Agreed. Shearer made a quality point on MOTD last week - Wolves scored the most goals in the CCC last season and yet they can't score for toffee in the Prem. Different class.

Agreed. Shearer made a quality point on MOTD last week - Wolves scored the most goals in the CCC last season and yet they can't score for toffee in the Prem. Different class.

And we can't score sod all in this league, i would absolutely hate us to scab our way up this season, as i'm almost certain we'd smash Derbys record and largely be a complete laughing stock were we to make it to the Premier League, i'd hapily stick a decent amount of money on us to be back in league 1 within 3/4 years if we went up this season, as i think we'd get panned left, right and centre and it would destroy the players we have and any we brought in and we'd drop like a stone.

Promotion from this league before you are ready is not a good thing and in the long run will set you back further than it pushes you forward, and we are really not ready, Hull were not ready and when they come back down i wouldn't be surprised to see them in a battle at the wrong end of the table when it comes to it.

I think until we have the new stadium going up would be an adventure but something that without the infastrcture and revenue the new stadium will bring would harm our long term plans.

http://www.statto.co...able/2004-03-13

In the 2003-04 season, on this day, Crystal Palace were 5 points behind 6th spot and had played a game more than them. They managed to sneak into the playoffs with 2 points to spare and then go up!

Then came back down, haven't really recovered and are in administration!

I honestly think the best outcome this season for the club (just my opinion, mind) is to avoid relegation by a point. I really believe we need a change in manager. If we go on a good run and make or only just miss out on the play-off's it will just be papering over the cracks, but GJ will stay. If we go down, he'll stay as he's managing back at his level. If we are teetering on the brink until the end and just scrape through? Well maybe then Mr Lansdown will find the justification he feels he needs to make a change.

That's not to say that I want us to lose our next few games. I'm a City fan and clearly want us to win every game. I just feel that the above may be what the club may need to progress in the future.

Archived