IGNORED

Proud Of My Little Girl Today

Guest Dartmouth Girl

Guest Dartmouth Girl

Hi all,

As you can see from my name I am based in Devon, my daughter goes to school with a lot of Plymouth Argyle fans, I dressed her in her Bristol City hat and scarf for school today, we had to walk through all the older boys in their Argyle scarfs in the playground.

To top it all off her headmaster came out wearing a Plymouth Argyle shirt!!!!!! My daughter is only 4 but she put her head up and started pointing to her hat and scarf, almost to say "I don't care, I am Bristol City and proud".

Just thought I would lighten the mood a bit, she is only 4 and she was a star today.

Hi all,

As you can see from my name I am based in Devon, my daughter goes to school with a lot of Plymouth Argyle fans, I dressed her in her Bristol City hat and scarf for school today, we had to walk through all the older boys in their Argyle scarfs in the playground.

To top it all off her headmaster came out wearing a Plymouth Argyle shirt!!!!!! My daughter is only 4 but she put her head up and started pointing to her hat and scarf, almost to say "I don't care, I am Bristol City and proud".

Just thought I would lighten the mood a bit, she is only 4 and she was a star today.

Good girl. Maybe I could introduce her to my 4 year old son in about sixteen years time?!

Good girl. Let her take some teasing today, (as thats all it should be for 4 year olds) and then (hopefully) she can have the last and biggest laugh when we stay up and they are relegated. :dancing6:

Hi all,

Brilliant, make sure when we stay up and they go down that she goes to school in full City gear, and gives them plenty of stick

Guest Dartmouth Girl

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your brilliant and funny replies, am gonna send her in full city kit when Plymouth go down and we stay up, any other ideas, bear in mind she is the only City fan at the school surrounded by Plymouth, Exeter, Torquay fans, but majority are Plymouth.

Feel free to suggest anymore ideas.

Great ones so far.

Guest Dartmouth Girl

Yeah she is happy showing her stuff off.

I have an idea, tell me what you all think if I get enough yes answers and thumbs up I will make her do it.

Before they break up for the summer, every child has to give a presentation in front of the other children and all the teachers, its about comparing things, e.g do they prefer Dora or the Care Bears for example.

Maybe I could get her to do a presentation comparing Bristol City to Plymouth Argyle? Stuff like we will be in the Championship playing Portsmouth, West Brom (maybe) etc whilst comparing that to Plymouth, who will be in League 1 playing Rochdale, Bournemouth and the Gas!!!!! plus our new stadium compared to that shed at Home Park.

Can you imagine her doing that in a school in Devon, in front of Argyle supporting kids and an Argyle supporting Headmaster who comes out dressed in an Argyle shirt? Can you imagine everyones faces?

If I get enough support from you lot, I will make her do it, also ideas from you lot would be great.

What do we all think?

Yeah she is happy showing her stuff off.

I have an idea, tell me what you all think if I get enough yes answers and thumbs up I will make her do it.

Before they break up for the summer, every child has to give a presentation in front of the other children and all the teachers, its about comparing things, e.g do they prefer Dora or the Care Bears for example.

Maybe I could get her to do a presentation comparing Bristol City to Plymouth Argyle? Stuff like we will be in the Championship playing Portsmouth, West Brom (maybe) etc whilst comparing that to Plymouth, who will be in League 1 playing Rochdale, Bournemouth and the Gas!!!!! plus our new stadium compared to that shed at Home Park.

Can you imagine her doing that in a school in Devon, in front of Argyle supporting kids and an Argyle supporting Headmaster who comes out dressed in an Argyle shirt? Can you imagine everyones faces?

If I get enough support from you lot, I will make her do it, also ideas from you lot would be great.

What do we all think?

Surley thats only going to work if we stay up!!!!!

Hi all,

You are not alone my son and his family live in Kingsbridge, I suspect they are going through similar indignities.

Good girl. Let her take some teasing today, (as thats all it should be for 4 year olds) and then (hopefully) she can have the last and biggest laugh when we stay up and they are relegated. dancing6.gif

fingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.giffingerscrossed.gif

Bless her...

I was bought up in Guildford so I can Really equate with this...being a City fan in Arsenal/Chelsea/West Ham/Palace teritory was to say the least character building, there is nothing I haven't heard...Its a much quieter life up here!

Hi all,

Dartmouth Girl.

Please provide an update some time soon on how your daughter is getting on at school in Plymouth!

Has she grown another 2 inches taller today?

winner_third_h4h.gifwinner_third_h4h.gif

You are not alone my son and his family live in Kingsbridge, I suspect they are going through similar indignities.

My 6 year old grand daughter wore her BCFC shirt to school in Kingsbridge and guess what not a Plymuff, Torkey or Exexeter fan in site, The rest of the school wore Chelski, Manure etc, etc, etc even the headmaster wore a Chelski shirt (only ever watched them on TV) most of these kids haven't even been over the Tamar bridge..............

Bless her, my kids have got their first footie lessons today and am sending them out in their new (soon to be last season's!) kit. No doubt a tear will well up in my eye...city.gif

Good to hear that at your daughter's school they are at least trying to get them supporting the local team, here in sunny Aylesbury everyone's a plastic Manc/Gooner/Scouse/Chelski. I'm hoping to prevent that fate befalling my two.

Guest DarTheRed

Hi all,

I'm glad this was found and re-posted again, we should be jealous though they will be playing The Pikeys next season englandsmile4wf.gif

Guest Dartmouth Girl

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing up my original post again, My daughter goes to school in Kingswear, not Plymouth, but is surrounded by greens.

As for an update requested by CotswoldRed, it was very quiet today in school the headmaster didn't want to speak much and I did notice more Man Utd, Chelsea etc scarves than normal.

As for my little girl, well it was far too hot for her City scarf and hat, so instead I packed her City shirt for P.E.!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing up my original post again, My daughter goes to school in Kingswear, not Plymouth, but is surrounded by greens.

As for an update requested by CotswoldRed, it was very quiet today in school the headmaster didn't want to speak much and I did notice more Man Utd, Chelsea etc scarves than normal.

As for my little girl, well it was far too hot for her City scarf and hat, so instead I packed her City shirt for P.E.!!!!!!!!

Well done Dartmouth Girl...I actually thought of this thread when the relegation was confirmed.

I was lucky enough to have seen Spurs Chelsea Palace West Ham all get relegated at different times.........AND IT FELT GOOOOOOD

Archived