IGNORED

How Many Season Tickets Now Then?

Guest cornellyreds

Guest cornellyreds

We had sold what, 7000 odd to date - (with me being one of the people who hadn't renewed) but now, how many do we reckon we can shift now then? I'm waivering here...

I refused to renew with the shite we had been dishing up, but now????

(not that I'm a fairweather fan, just could think of other things to blow £500 on, and would probably had turned up POTD anyways)

They MUST go back on sale on Monday at early bird prices for two weeks.

The buzz starts from tomorrow, victory over Derby and we will sell thousands in those two weeks.

Hopefully the club are already on to it....would be stupid to miss the 'moment'.

Well said many many of us have not renewed due to the dire football lets have early bird prices back and thousands will be renewed and new purchased.

give us one month and we will see the sts fly out.

BBC LINK coppell related http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/default.stm

I wonder if Simply Red will now renew snack.gif

Assuming Coppell is the man announced tomorrow then I'm sure Simply Red will renew his ST - along with many others who were waiting to see who took over.

Poor season ticket sales would not be a factor that would have been lost on Steve Lansdown. He would have been quite aware how important it would be to sign a well respected and well regarded manager.

Cant see a need for an early bird offer now for the not so early renewers. That would just be giving away margin.

Its tough I know, but let's leave that style of financial management to the likes of Portsmouth.

lets have early bird prices back and thousands will be renewed and new purchased.

Are you serious?

Thousands of us renewed our season tickets with the prospect of relegation still in site and the possibility that Gary Johnson would still be manager next season. Now a couple of months later it seems we're about to appoint Steve Coppell and at this stage you would rather like the club to re-introduce the early bird prices?

Do you actually understand the principle of 'market forces'? You'll pay the full going rate along with the rest of the part-timers.

The buzz starts from tomorrow, victory over Derby and we will sell thousands in those two weeks.

Hopefully the club are already on to it....would be stupid to miss the 'moment'.

Early bird prices are there for a reason , to encourage people to renew their season tickets.Those who take up on the offer are prepared to lay down money to support the club not knowing how the team are going to play throughout the season.They may get to see 23 games of 'sexy football' , or they may get to watch 23 games of complete shite , it's a gamble.The club are trying to gain and reward a loyal band of supporters.Everbody has had a choice whether to renew or not so why should the club revert back to the early bird prices just because we now have a high profile manager to lead the team on.

It's a bit like comparing buying a season ticket to buying a lottery ticket.Once you've bought the ticket you are stuck with it, some will win and some will lose.If this club is going to progress then it's got to have a loyal fan base supporting it.

City have too many fickle supporters , they come swarming out when we are doing well ( ie:wembley playoff final ) and then p*** off again when things aren't going our way.

The club are trying to help the supporters with these offers, so perhaps our fans should show their support and cash in on the offers when they are first introduced.

Fairweather supporters?bruce_h4h.gif

Guest mark whitehouse

I wonder if Simply Red will now renew snack.gif

is Mick Hucknell a fan , ive never seen him at the gate...

I will definately renew now , like original poster , i started a thread saying i wouldnt if Johnson was in charge...Coppell is class and expect another few thousand as well...

Are you serious?

Thousands of us renewed our season tickets with the prospect of relegation still in site and the possibility that Gary Johnson would still be manager next season. Now a couple of months later it seems we're about to appoint Steve Coppell and at this stage you would rather like the club to re-introduce the early bird prices?

Do you actually understand the principle of 'market forces'? You'll pay the full going rate along with the rest of the part-timers.

Thats a bit harsh. I took Simply Reds refusal to renew his ST as a protest against Johnson being in charge next season. I admired his principles and have no doubt he'll renew for next season with Coppell in charge. He said at the time that he wasn't bothered about the early bird prices.

As for those calling for the early bird prices to be re-introduced - hard luck, too late.

Thats a bit harsh. I took Simply Reds refusal to renew his ST as a protest against Johnson being in charge next season. I admired his principles and have no doubt he'll renew for next season with Coppell in charge. He said at the time that he wasn't bothered about the early bird prices.

As for those calling for the early bird prices to be re-introduced - hard luck, too late.

My post was in reply to 'Kid in the Riot' and 'Red Robin', both of whom were calling for the re-introduction of the Early Bird rates, now that it seems we are about to appoint Coppell.

My point was that the rest of us have already committed, even during the bad times. Frankly if someone chooses to buy a season ticket now, in the light of new information about likely managers, if they think they are going to pay the same price as I did in February then they can **** off! :kiss:

My post was in reply to 'Kid in the Riot' and 'Red Robin', both of whom were calling for the re-introduction of the Early Bird rates, now that it seems we are about to appoint Coppell.

My point was that the rest of us have already committed, even during the bad times. Frankly if someone chooses to buy a season ticket now, in the light of new information about likely managers, if they think they are going to pay the same price as I did in February then they can **** off! :kiss:

Your having a laugh part timers,we have had sts for over eight Years continiously,the fact was we were going backwards over the last two years under GJ.if GJ had gonexearlier we would have hit the play-offs.we seem to have made a good appointment time to look forward and not backwards.

Guest DIZZYRED

[quote name='Robbored' date='21 April 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1271890442' post='1230174'

Are you serious?

Yawn! Ok mate, your my hero.....I havent re-newed my season ticket yet, had one for the last 15 consecutive seasons though, does that pass me as a part timer??

Didnt think so.....jog on

EXACTLY!

many people were prepared to commit early in the season so it would be unfair to them to bring back the early bird and also there is the financial side which Mr Lansdown is very astute!

Surely its about getting the fans through the turnstyles and packing the Gate out next season??

I havent renewed yet, mainly down to financial purposes....but if I had renewed in February, and they re-introduced Early Bird prices now, I wouldnt be against it.

It wont get re-introduced anyway, but no one should care if it did

Your having a laugh part timers,we have had sts for over eight Years continiously,the fact was we were going backwards over the last two years under GJ.if GJ had gonexearlier we would have hit the play-offs.we seem to have made a good appointment time to look forward and not backwards.

Fair enough, I agree with what you say and admit that 'part timers' was probably out of order.

However you must surely see that to call for the return of early bird rates is ridiculous. Apart from anything else it would be an insult to those who actually did renew early, whilst rewarding those who waited for things to improve before commiting.

I have no problem with the fact you didn't renew sooner and of course understand your reasons, but the fact is you are not early, you are late.

It would also be a poor business decision as you don't sell low when demand is high. Not gonna happen.

I would have renewed regardless of manager or what league we were in. I support the team through good times and bad, not the manager.

(I don't mean that to sound preachy, i'm not wishing to, just that I love this club however we are doing)

Are you serious?

What you say is spot on (albeit part timers is harsh).

If fans choose to 'protest' or delay by not buying a season ticket until they know things will improve or we have a new managerial appointment, that's fine. But they'll pay more than the rest of us who commit to the club whatever happens through thick and thin.

That's completely fair.

It was a protest against our previous manager in many cases. Nothing to do with not being loyal supporters.

Robbored you are spot on,it was a protest against the manager and his decision in playing staff and signings.

we will renew our three STs even at the normal rate,fortunate to be able to pay the price.

I just think that ground needs filling to the rafters to give us the best possible start next season,SC has a big job to do,im sure he will take us on to the next level.

After two different clubs have been taken up by him.

Lets see how many so called city fans back the chairman and club in the seasons to come,this will truely show how big or small this club is.

Guest CtyBird

We had sold what, 7000 odd to date - (with me being one of the people who hadn't renewed) but now, how many do we reckon we can shift now then? I'm waivering here...

I refused to renew with the shite we had been dishing up, but now????

(not that I'm a fairweather fan, just could think of other things to blow £500 on, and would probably had turned up POTD anyways)

As far as I am concerned it was pretty evident over the last few weeks if not months that GJ would not be here at the end of this season, with that in mind and knowing that the Chairman wouldn't have a panic, ala Hulll and a few others I could name, he would appoint a Manager with calibre and someone who is more than capable of taking us forward.

On that basis I bought my ticket along with several thousand others, and do not see why others thought the club would be in any other position to where we are now.

I would not call those who opted not to renew fair weather, but would question their estimation of the board of directors and what this club can achieve.

I would have renewed regardless of manager or what league we were in. I support the team through good times and bad, not the manager.

(I don't mean that to sound preachy, i'm not wishing to, just that I love this club however we are doing)

You don't sound preachy- you are spot on.

The club won't put the prices back to Early Bird and rightly so.

I'm no fairweather fan - I was always planning to renew, but just too lazy to actually get around to doing it.

However, with the news that there would be a major press conference this morning, I did the right thing and got in there early...ish. There's bound to be a surge in the next week or two as people do hop on the wagon, and I didn't wanna get left behind or, heaven forbid, lose my seat!

Mind you, I still had to wait 20 minutes this morning, so I guess others had the same idea...!

In terms of numbers of season ticket sales, I reckon we'll get about 11,111. Approximately.

No it doesn't sound 'preachy'. More like self righteous.

The only way that some fans felt they could make a statement was to withold their money in protest of the dreadfull shite that we were subjected to for most of the last 18 months under the previous manager. Many said they would pick and choose their games and potd. None of them said they wouldn't support the club any longer and love the club just as much as you. I said at the time that I admired their stance.

Like you I bought my ST at 'early bird' prices, simply because its the best deal and I wanted to hang onto the same seat. I was optimistic, although not certain that our previous manager wouldn't be at AG come the start of next season.

No it doesn't sound 'preachy'. More like self righteous.

The only way that some fans felt they could make a statement was to withold their money in protest of the dreadfull shite that we were subjected to for most of the last 18 months under the previous manager. Many said they would pick and choose their games and potd. None of them said they wouldn't support the club any longer and love the club just as much as you. I said at the time that I admired their stance.

Like you I bought my ST at 'early bird' prices, simply because its the best deal and I wanted to hang onto the same seat. I was optimistic, although not certain that our previous manager wouldn't be at AG come the start of next season.

thats exactly what i did robbered. theres was no way i was going to renew the way GJ was carrying on. i just couldnt face the depression of watching so much painful football and was planning to pick and choose games.

ive had a ST for 3 years and from the moment SL decided enough was enough and that it was time for a change i was going to renew. i dont feel like ive let the club down i just had no other way of showing my displeasure. if we'd of all blindly renewed SL might not of felt the need to change things, GJ could very well still be here and we may well be needing something from our last two games to stave off the drop!!!!

fair play to those who reserved on the early bird. you deserve your reduction. i dont mind paying more, ive no complaints its what i expected. ive got feeling that the lack of take up of ST's at early bird prices had a major impact on SL decision making with GJ.

does anyone know the date by which this years ST holders have to renew before their seats go on general release? i have the end of may in my head, is this correct??

I am guessing that the early bird price can be offered because SL and his team can invest the money raised and make a good proportion of the difference up in interest. Selling the tickets at the same rate 3 months later would mean losing money on the deal. Those of us who paid in February have lost interest in the same period.

You want to watch the new Managers team, pay for it. It's still a damn sight cheaper than paying week by week.

Guest DarTheRed

Are you serious?

Well said, i was one of the many thousand who renewed early, a lot of friends and family said i must be mad, they don't think that now though disapointed2se.gif

I will support City no matter what Division or situation they are in, it's called LOYALTY englandsmile4wf.gif

Well said, i was one of the many thousand who renewed early, a lot of friends and family said i must be mad, they don't think that now though disapointed2se.gif

I will support City no matter what Division or situation they are in, it's called LOYALTY englandsmile4wf.gif

Agree 100%

Was going to renew regardless because as darthered smashed the nail on the head in one word, loyalty.

Unfortunatly it is not in my hands as I have recently had my season ticket confiscated and been banned for the rest of the season.

Was going to renew regardless because as darthered smashed the nail on the head in one word, loyalty.

Unfortunatly it is not in my hands as I have recently had my season ticket confiscated and been banned for the rest of the season.

Out of interest, why was your ST confiscated?

does anyone know the date by which this years ST holders have to renew before their seats go on general release? i have the end of may in my head, is this correct??

Yeah id liked to know this as well, i have a pretty strong feeling its the end of May too but could be wrong.. Me and a couple of others are going down to renew some time next week so i'll find out then.

In regards to people supporting the team through thick and thin blah blah fair enough i salute your loyal incredibly amazing support chant6ez.gif

But there are many fans like myself that wanted to wait untill a manager was apointed. Dont think we need to explain ourselves tbh, i am no worse of a supporter than any of the people that bought there's when the early bird thing was on.

To Incider,

didn't like the way the stewards used bully boy and intimadating tactics when 5/6 of them came over to tell me for wat I can only describe as inocent fun. My season ticket was in the ee but as I took my dad to the notts forest match and he dosnt have a season ticket I tansfered to the dolman to sit with him. Sat at the very back row with about 20 mins to go i was doing a bit if a jig to the dobie de do when I was approached and told off for wat I can only guess was trying to have a good time and create a bit of atmosphere. After having several fans as far as 6 rows infront and to the side of us stick up for me and tell them that I had done nothing wrong (ie no swearing, racisim, agressive or abusive behaviour) I got pi$$ed off and said I was leaving.

When walking down the steps with one steward right up my @rse and the others following closley I turned and told them that I thought it was complete bo!!ock$ the way they handle most things down there and thought they were a joke.

Turned around (admitadly angry and wound up) I proceded leave when I was grabbed from behind, not appreciating this I pulled my arm away and continued to the exit where another handfull of stewards were waiting for me and would not let out the gates which wound me up even more and yes I did have a few frustrated and confused choice words for them.

I told them quite colorfully that I was a st holder and disgusted at what was happening and the way it was being handled.

With this they actually got excited to get my season card of me while they waited for the police.

When arriving at knowle west police station i found out that I had been accused of assult which I catagoricly denied (and still do by the way) and requested the CCTV footage.

5hrs later I finally get interviewd and watch CCTV and oh suprise suprise no assult or anything of the like.

When being released (on bail I might add) i was told by the staff sergent that I had been banned for the rest of the season at least and would know more when I surrenderd at southmead next month.

Of course there are two sides to every story and this is mine, but it is honest and genuine.

Sorry to dribble on but you did ask so thought it only right to tell the hole story.

To Incider,

didn't like the way the stewards used bully boy and intimadating tactics when 5/6 of them came over to tell me for wat I can only describe as inocent fun. My season ticket was in the ee but as I took my dad to the notts forest match and he dosnt have a season ticket I tansfered to the dolman to sit with him. Sat at the very back row with about 20 mins to go i was doing a bit if a jig to the dobie de do when I was approached and told off for wat I can only guess was trying to have a good time and create a bit of atmosphere. After having several fans as far as 6 rows infront and to the side of us stick up for me and tell them that I had done nothing wrong (ie no swearing, racisim, agressive or abusive behaviour) I got pi$ed off and said I was leaving.

When walking down the steps with one steward right up my @rse and the others following closley I turned and told them that I thought it was complete bo!!ock$ the way they handle most things down there and thought they were a joke.

Turned around (admitadly angry and wound up) I proceded leave when I was grabbed from behind, not appreciating this I pulled my arm away and continued to the exit where another handfull of stewards were waiting for me and would not let out the gates which wound me up even more and yes I did have a few frustrated and confused choice words for them.

I told them quite colorfully that I was a st holder and disgusted at what was happening and the way it was being handled.

With this they actually got excited to get my season card of me while they waited for the police.

When arriving at knowle west police station i found out that I had been accused of assult which I catagoricly denied (and still do by the way) and requested the CCTV footage.

5hrs later I finally get interviewd and watch CCTV and oh suprise suprise no assult or anything of the like.

When being released (on bail I might add) i was told by the staff sergent that I had been banned for the rest of the season at least and would know more when I surrenderd at southmead next month.

Of course there are two sides to every story and this is mine, but it is honest and genuine.

Sorry to dribble on but you did ask so thought it only right to tell the hole story.

No worries. Very interesting and not untypical behaviour of some stewards at the Gate. Think you may have mentioned it briefly on a previous thread (about crap stewarding ironically). Goodluck. Perhaps, other fans on here witnessed the incident and might be able to back your version of events up? Might be worth a try if it helps your case.

No worries. Very interesting and not untypical behaviour of some stewards at the Gate. Think you may have mentioned it briefly on a previous thread (about crap stewarding ironically). Goodluck. Perhaps, other fans on here witnessed the incident and might be able to back your version of events up? Might be worth a try if it helps your case.

Cheers and a good idea. I have already been in contact with someone that was there and I belive he will support me if needed , not sure if I should contact the club or just wait it out and see what ends up.

Anyway

You reds

Personally I refused to renew whilst Johnson was still at the club, I then renewed the evening he left.

No doubt though, many fans will be renewing within the next few days.

Massive Boost for the club

Guest Bigdave60

Personally I refused to renew whilst Johnson was still at the club, I then renewed the evening he left.

No doubt though, many fans will be renewing within the next few days.

Massive Boost for the club

I have just renewed mine online worship2.gif

why should it.

if you didn't take up the offer and bought them then , then sorry , you have to pay extra.

Bless you. I wish we all had that attitude!

However it will be interesting to see how ticket sales are influenced by this (I'll stick my neck out here) very good appointment! (Prey god that never comes back to bite me on the ass innocent06.gif )

Archived